Make SWGoH Great...

So I first came to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes due to my love of all things Star Wars, and I stayed because of the community of awesome people. Today marks the day I have to take a look inside and decide if I want to stay. I started my journey with SWGoH on May 29, 2016 and was a very casual member of the community until about January 2017 when I start pushing my arena rank sub 100. With the recent game content release increasing the amount of time and phone battery required to stay competitive have me on the brink of leaving the game. I will share my thought about what will make this game great again.

Territory Battles: 6 day out of every 10 commitment to one mode needs to end.
Suggestion: Reduce the number of phases to 3 and have a tiered system that all guild could compete in. This would allow the event to always be launched on the same day of the week.
The Bad: for end game player Phases 1-3 is just a time investment, no skill is being used.
The Good: Work as a team to fill platoons and deploy a strategy to maximize star count.

Territory Wars: Being a mobile game the in-game instructions do not provide a good insight on how to tackle the mode.
Suggestion: drop the phase idea and implement a system similar to the one used with tournaments.
  1. Each player sets one defensive team that lock when event start
    1. team is saved as default for next Guild vs. Guild event
    2. player has the ability to mark themselves not available for Guild vs Guild event
    3. match ups will be made by matching GP of guild member participating in Guild vs Guild event
  2. Each player gets 2 battles on offense character can only be used once
    1. Player gets 2 banners for every defensive unit defeated
    2. Player gets 1 banner for every offensive unit alive at the end of battles
    3. Matches have the same time constraint as the ship or squad arena matches
    4. a defense team max’s out at 30 banners and no more banners will be awarded
    • 50 vs 50 guild vs guild event could max out at 1500 banners assuming all member never loss a character and defeat all opponents
  3. Flip flop Guild vs Guild from ships one week to character the next.

Rancor: After all member have 7 start Han Solo something else need to be a goal besides gear
The Bad: the vast majority of end game uses can auto the Rancor
The Good: the placement of ties being random, and gear needed for character development
Suggestion: Introduce a tier 8 to the Rancor.
  1. Rancor has 100 turn meter when team transitions from one phase to the next.
  2. All Rancor abilities are off cool down when team transition from one phase to the next.
    • This would cause one character to be devoured immediately when transitioning phases.
  3. Rancor would gain 100% turn meter after the door is retract off him.
  4. Provide a store and currency (or repurpose the Guild Store) for players to purchase their own gear requirements.

Replies

• Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback!

SWGoH is an evolving, growing and improving game. Some of your suggestions are definitely on our list of things we'd like to do.

Territory Wars and Battles will surely be going through even more improvements as we become more familiar and learn what areas are best and which can be enhanced.

Again, we very much appreciate you taking the time to voice your feedback and help our community and game grow!

Cheers!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • I don't agree with your territory wars suggestion. The fact you need 8 teams is what makes it fun for me. If it's just 3 teams then it's going to be a lot like the arena meta, 8 teams means a lot more variety in the fights.

For those who don't enjoy the mode as much, get them to preload their 8 best squads in the squad selector screen. They can just dump those 8 in defense and they are done.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Using our whole roster is the fun of it having said that we are still carb locked in game. I'm carb locked with endless resources here still. Maybe up the salvage in rewards but still would need even more. Carb salvage guaranteed in all raid rewards would help alot you could always put in guild shop too. New game features are great but need the characters in gear to play them .