Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• I think we need to see what exactly the effects are before going too crazy about it
  • M0ngo
    1 posts Member
    I don’t like the fix, what other options were considered? A simple fix for P3 would be to increase the TM of the sabres whenever she suffers TM down.. or whenever a toon is hit with her special gain % TM to all her allies... P4 TM up all allies.. then when she is on her own let the cheese teams beat her down...

This would have been a best of both worlds measure, characters still work as intended and the cheese team still works just much less effective with no infinite loop.

I agree with the sentiment don’t make the raid too easy to start with but like the last AAT raid, top guilds just muscle their way through the mechanics anyway... you’re really just creating pinnacle guilds while the rest of us wait for JTR to come back so the raid isn’t a time consuming PITA for relatively no reward

• Mal muy mal que pena
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Nice great big middle finger to your whole player base. Instead of doing some actual WORK to code a fix that makes characters still viable, you just said f you to everyone. Well I guess I will stop giving you ANY money, I know my $60/mo isn't gonna hurt your bottom like, but I hope everyone else saying the same thing makes you rethink treating your player base like garbage.
  • Such ****. Just used my first zeta on Finn, only to have it nerfed two days later. Really, you guys suck.

This appears to be the case because Team Instinct used 46 of their 50 JTR teams to clear P1 and P2. I guess if they consider that stifling creativity... They all also have 7* g12 Sions.

• EAS wrote: »
    Changing exposes damage is completely ****

People like me and MANY others have been working on their resistance exposed based teams to get this ???

Even "wasting" money to gear or buy toons to make synergy....for what???

THIS?????

It is because Team Instinct used Rez to clear P1 & P2 of the raid. I guess they call that stifling creativity.
  • Childz
    18 posts Member
    Where do I go the get the refund on the pack and crystals I bought for JTR? I got her for exposes, and being OP, nerf herding ea now kills exposes and the fun... so tell me where or I’ll have to contact my credit card and let them know you guys did a bait and switch.

Admit your trying to make a paywall, we all see it, greedy is just great isn’t it!
  • Hello all,

Setting expectations here:

1. I'm out of the office tonight in 30 mins (7PM), HOWEVER, I'll be back in this thread tomorrow ~ 10AM and we will continue.

2. Your great questions allowed me to get these clarifications, I hope they help for tomorrow's discussion:

CLARIFICATION:
    The planned changes are designed to guard against STHan exploiting an infinite Turn Meter loop in Phases 3 and 4 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Consequently, those units with “on-damage” turn meter effects will see a change in performance in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

I hope you all have a great evening and look forward to continuing tomorrow!

Ryan Thomas

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Ok now that I have calmed down a bit...

This change is a terrible idea. The sth nerf, I understand infinate loop and should be patched but why the others? We have been using tm mechanics forever. Chirpatine in p3 aat for example, it wasn't a problem then why is it now?

The expose nerf on expose is uncalled for. There is a reason JTR is so widely used. The only debuffs that stick are unresistable. The raid bosses stack tenacity and are immune to tenacity down. For p1 there is honestly no other squad that doesn't rely on basics for damage. No one wants to sit for hours to do 2% damage when the boss has 140m(t6) or 45m(heroic) because of raid mechanics. There are more pressing issues in the raid that are obvious, such as nihilus taking an extra turn, he has on multiple occasions hit me with 2 basics and followed up with an expose. There is also the fact that he will skip over annihilate at times when it is available causing the buff to be wasted and the run fails. In p2 the pain mechanic doesn't seem to work, pain stacks have what appears to be no effect on the damage output of sion, only his counter rate.

Any way I'm fine with the power creep that takes place, that's part of the game, part of every game. But once you start nerfing there is no going back. If you really want to see other toons used, nerf the raid bosses. You can make them all immune to tmr like sion and that would fix the sth issue. But you need to drop the stacking tenacity, most teams available rely on debuffs for their mechanics to work right and they just cannot in the current design of the raid. If you really want to see variety in the raid drop the tenacity stacking, dont nerf expose.
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    There is a beta server, it was used for TW, and caught a bunch of bugs off the bat, some of which i reported myself, this new raid had no beta, you put it out as complete and changed it because someone could count 5x20% = 100%
    Tip for the future, if you can't count, then do a beta test for people who can :smile:
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    MeervalMan wrote: »
    What's the purpose of the expose nerf? As a heavy lifter in my guild for haat this kittens my whole guild.

We're adjusting Expose on Raid bosses to bring the Sith Raid in alignment with intended design.
    It will have some minimal impact on other raid bosses.

Let's get to the change before we declare the impact.

So, I would like to ask. What exactly was your expectation from the community when you drove up the tenacity of these new raid bosses to unholy levels? You push these crazy limitations on guilds and then are disappointed/surprised to find we have restored to using unresistable debuffs, tmr and tm gain. Now you are limiting that as well? Seems rather short sighted I feel.
  • Childz
    18 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs

How did that post clear anything up?

Also I wasn’t joking about my refund, and I bet there are a lot more looking too.

Can’t have people pay for this, then nerf it into the ground with your hand out looking for more.

Sneaky snakey stuff happening. Not cool. Don’t push your player base.
  • Pizel
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    How can you expect any player to trust you anymore? At this point only a fool would part with their money for anything. Your lack of understanding your OWN game costs your customers money. I really hope you dig deep to make this right, make a peace offering such as fixing challenge rewards or up the ridiculously pathetic rewards from the raid. Just do something to wash the salt out of everyone's mouth.
  • Afa
    70 posts Member
    It's pretty clear why they are doing this. It's for the money. It's a bunch of lying when they say "we want non meta characters to be utilized". HAH WHAT HODGEPODGE. They are making sure we prepare our wallet books for the new characters that will be utilized to beat the new sith raid.

So typical and disgusting.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

I hope you will forgive our lack of faith in your testing prowess at this point.

• I had no intention of getting JTR until this raid was released; began to farm vets and now it looks like I will wait until the nerf hits to see how viable she is anymore. What a crock.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Brutal
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Whazn wrote: »
    Ok now that I have calmed down a bit...

This change is a terrible idea. The sth nerf, I understand infinate loop and should be patched but why the others? We have been using tm mechanics forever. Chirpatine in p3 aat for example, it wasn't a problem then why is it now?

The expose nerf on expose is uncalled for. There is a reason JTR is so widely used. The only debuffs that stick are unresistable. The raid bosses stack tenacity and are immune to tenacity down. For p1 there is honestly no other squad that doesn't rely on basics for damage. No one wants to sit for hours to do 2% damage when the boss has 140m(t6) or 45m(heroic) because of raid mechanics. There are more pressing issues in the raid that are obvious, such as nihilus taking an extra turn, he has on multiple occasions hit me with 2 basics and followed up with an expose. There is also the fact that he will skip over annihilate at times when it is available causing the buff to be wasted and the run fails. In p2 the pain mechanic doesn't seem to work, pain stacks have what appears to be no effect on the damage output of sion, only his counter rate.

Any way I'm fine with the power creep that takes place, that's part of the game, part of every game. But once you start nerfing there is no going back. If you really want to see other toons used, nerf the raid bosses. You can make them all immune to tmr like sion and that would fix the sth issue. But you need to drop the stacking tenacity, most teams available rely on debuffs for their mechanics to work right and they just cannot in the current design of the raid. If you really want to see variety in the raid drop the tenacity stacking, dont nerf expose.

Disabling all the interesting mechanics makes the game more fun, haven't you been following along? Just think of how much variety is left...you can do physical damage OR special damage! Wow! What more could you want?

Plus, to do your .7% damage, you get to spend half an hour manually controlling those god awful mechanics, because as an additional bonus this is one raid you are NOT gonna auto!

Next raid: 1 billion health, immune to debuffs, enemies cannot gain buffs, health, protection, TM, or bonus stats. Gains 50 pct defense (stacking) each time an enemy uses an ability or doesn't use an ability. Units killed by raid boss super-duper-really can't be revived even if their revive is unpreventable. Any character that defeats this raid is killed... permanently....and is no longer available to you in game.
  • Childz
    18 posts Member
    Funny how problems with this game go unchecked for MONTHS and there is still no way to manage mods, yet a character you get free over preformed and you guys freak the fudge out, hot fix it, and any other character actually doing work better just nerf them too.

Great business model.

She’s a real beauty Clark.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    I would like to remind everyone that 50% of the forums were calling forJTR to be nerfed as well
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    I dont get how ea games are always full of errors glitches exploits etc ....they are leaders in gaming and cant afford capable testers????

I would gladly work as a tester for this game ...getting paid for something i like doing ...maybe thats whybyour testers are never getting anything
  • Can we get confirmation that Nihilus is working correctly in P1. He is recovering protection rather than just gaining max protection. On top of that, it appears that he is gaining the protection prior to the damage being done.
  • Craxane
    15 posts Member
    You're dealing with liars and swindlers here. Surely none of us are surprised by any of this. The raid was being beaten too quickly for them to meet the profits that were projected/hoped for.
  • Childz wrote: »
    Funny how problems with this game go unchecked for MONTHS and there is still no way to manage mods, yet a character you get free over preformed and you guys freak the fudge out, hot fix it, and any other character actually doing work better just nerf them too.

Great business model.

She’s a real beauty Clark.
    Lol love that movie

• It is pathetic on their part to try to disguise their true intentions, they only change the skills because they are characters that do not leave money, as they have shown many times, it is unfortunate that they do not even have the courage to accept that they do it for money, its developers were wrong and as that does not leave profits, that bother the players, they do not care, they do not do it for the players, they do it for money, another one of EA
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    EAS wrote: »
    I dont get how ea games are always full of errors glitches exploits etc ....they are leaders in gaming and cant afford capable testers????

I would gladly work as a tester for this game ...getting paid for something i like doing ...maybe thats whybyour testers are never getting anything

You already do work as a play tester - and many of us do (or used to) pay for the privilege.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • There is no way to sugar coat this. You just kittened the pooch. (Ok a little sugar)

You never learn. Do you test anything before you release it? I can barely even do damage to this raid and you want to take even that away?

All I can conclude is that you expect your player base to shell out massive bankrolls on the future character releases which you intended would be required to beat this raid. And for what? Challenge gear that amounts to a couple days of game play.

I am not in a low powered guild. I assure you the reception here is not all purring kittens. The big spenders have appreciated the new sith, but this change is ... uh ... reason to adopt a new pet.

I need a new hobby anyway.