Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Adjusting rewards? So uhhhh how about that challenge gear? ;P
  • Curious, does this nerf Sion’s bonus damage when bosses have Pain on them?
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hakalugy wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs you guys had to assume that there wouldn't be a friendly response to this. You're basically saying that toons have abilities until you guys decide they don't.

Considering all previous raids (reducing HAAT normal overall health, changing Rancor) and all characters and all events, this has been and will be the case going forward.

Note, all changes are in mind to be for the long term good of the game. A healthy game and dedicated community are the key to success.

RT

I would love to know how destroying a basic intended strategy for HAAT is helping the game long term... messing with expose won't win you any fans from any level of guild or player @CG_RyDiggs
    @CG_RyDiggs you guys had to assume that there wouldn't be a friendly response to this. You're basically saying that toons have abilities until you guys decide they don't.

Considering all previous raids (reducing HAAT normal overall health, changing Rancor) and all characters and all events, this has been and will be the case going forward.

Note, all changes are in mind to be for the long term good of the game. A healthy game and dedicated community are the key to success.

RT

This is not the way to keep people dedicated.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Zapdoszaps wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf expose. please

THIS IS ONLY FOR RAID BOSSES.

This is not nerfing expose for other areas of the game.

Thanks my first FAQ :)

So, something which was working for a year, won't be anymore.
    Young guilds I've been taking care and instructing to farm resistance to succeed in HAAT ... hmm, how to say that, sorry guys, my bad, actually it doesn't work.

^ This. My guild is only around 50m GP, but we do hAAT because another guy and my Resistance squads smash a dent in P2, and it's plain sailing from there. Really don't want to have to drop back down a tier. Complete over-reaction.
  • It’s frustrating because we were theory crafting and trying different things. Why bother when you find an interaction of a player ability that works just to have it “fixed”? Well we can all just work towards helping our guild mates get the standard JTR meta team geared and our deathtrooper squad so 50 of each can hopefully beat it.
  • Darthsuisuisiudius12
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Exactly, how nerfing down toons one can get for free and that could improve the performance in a raid that at the moment only 3 or 4 guilds in the whole world can finish should make things more enjoyable and fun for normal players?
    I'd like you to explain it to me, since I can't enjoy your unilateral decision
  • rus_swgoh
    38 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    When will Talzin, Zombie, Spirit and Wiket characters easier to farm?
    You promised to do so in recent updates. Thanks!

@CG_RyDiggs
    @CG_TopHat
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Wonder if i can solo this pint of avocado ice cream
  • Shanara68 wrote: »
    Reminder, this thread is to discuss:

Capital Games content philosophy, knowing some members of our community may not be aware of SWGOH being a living breathing growing game.

I'm having a discussion here to clarify that point now, so it's clear going forward.

Why is it that every time the player base gets a leg up, it gets ripped from us? Everytime!! Any advantage that we come up with is always taken away. Why should we even try? We meet success just to have that taken from us is insulting. I love this game and star wars, but, jeez. Can you guys just give us a break and let us enjoy what we accomplish? What about the bugs that benefit the raid bosses? Didn't hear anything about that. All I heard was you guys are doing to good, can't have that. Unbelieveable.

I understand your frustration, but I hope you can understand the design intent of new content (like the Rancor and HAAT and DSTB). Fixing issues that 'trivialize' content has been and will be an ongoing action if we deem it in the best interest of the game overall. Sometimes... it's ok. Other times it's not. We have to consider the health of the game, and hope you can appreciate that consideration.

Thank you for your feedback!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Creativity? Hahah. Bosses are immune to debuffs, gain infinite speed,you nerfed health based damage, tm manipulation...lol. There’s no room for creativity here and i assume that was intended. The mechanics of the raid will make it such that chipping away at the raid wtih waves and waves of squads will be the only way to take it down. That means clearing the raid will be driven by your guild’s roster depth which is a departure from prior raids where certain squads performes demonstrably better than others. The philosophy of this raid is more in line with TBs which reward roster depth.

I’m fine with giving p2p an edge even a huge edge. But don’t underestimate how many people will come to view the sith raid as a chore. My members are already reporting how frustrated they are that they send in a g12 squad and it does only a couple hundred thousand in damage. Wait until we get to heroic and they need to switch around mods in their entire roster to make a difference. People will throw in the towel quickly. Especially bc the rewards are beyond bad. I took r1 on our maiden t6 and I couldn’t believe the rewards. Literally 2-3 pieces of g12 salvage here and there and challenge gear. Its almost not worth the effort for me. I can’t imagine what my less powerful guild mates think.

Nerfing sth is fine but you’re making a serious mistake with the other things. But I guess folks have to learn the hard way.
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank you for your feedback. However we will still keep going. And not bother about tw new bugs. Not to bother about people quitting. Good luck. Why bother having this post? @CG_RyDiggs

• This change is only for raid bosses.
    This will have minimal impact on AAT/Rancor as expose is a minimal impact on those raids.

This is not nerfing expose for other areas of the game.[/quote][/quote]

You want to change things in Sith Raid, fine, it’s only been out a week, but to change things on the other raids is ridiculous!!!
    Nerfing expose will effect our damage output in HAAT which will effect how much of a phase we can clear before Enrage!
    We have all invested a lot of time, effort and (a lot of us) money in working on the best teams for HAAT, and now you’re changing things to make those teams less effective??!
    NOT ACCEPTABLE!
    This is a very bad idea and if you go through with it I think you’ll see a mass player exodus comparable to when you introduced mods.
    Please reconsider changing things on AAT and Pit raids

• @CG_RyDiggs Just want to make this is addressed, does the bonus damage done by Sion on Raid Bosses with Pain get reduced through your ‘fix’?
  • JeerCScaas wrote: »

Young guilds I've been taking care and instructing to farm resistance to succeed in HAAT ... hmm, how to say that, sorry guys, my bad, actually it doesn't work.

1. Expose is not being removed only slightly reduced impact for Rancor and HAAT
    2. Both Raids have many options for managing.

Let's not get too sensational or hyperbolic.

RT
  • BinBetter
    47 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    On whole, I have no issue with your policy and implementation.

"We regularly evaluate, and update, the current state of any Raid. This regular evaluation can lead to changes such as tuning tweaks, adjustment of rewards, and bug fixes."

Okay, so when was the last time anything was truly done to the Pit and AAT raids for rewards that would equate to 'regularly'? I know you'll say 'can lead' but that's far too easy an answer.

I'm not saying get rid of the challenge gear, who cares if we have thousands.
    The issue is that the rewards are not equal to the effort, nor are they equal to the task of moderate development of the many toons (always increasing) in the game.
    I'm sure you have data on how many people just do 0 and collect their pittance.

Please just add some more required gear and bump up the currency payouts; which seems to be in line with your policy just not your practice.
    Thank you.
    Post edited by BinBetter on
  • I think it would be really helpful if you could post a specific reason for now deciding to change expose damage for all raids and not just the sith raid.

Can you answer that without generalisations about your approach to the game? Please?

@CG_RyDiggs
  • @CG_RyDiggs re:"We regularly evaluate, and update, the current state of any Raid. This regular evaluation can lead to changes such as tuning tweaks, adjustment of rewards, and bug fixes. As a part of this process, we actively look for interactions that undermine the “spirit” of any new Raid and decide whether or not we need to make changes to the Raid to prevent them."

In the spirit of having content be challenging and giving the player base a "sense of pride and accomplishment", at what point in time are rewards reviewed and made commensurate of the said challenge? It seems very imbalanced for seemingly common gear pieces/salvage being a reward worthy of the challenge.

I understand that this topic is overstated and most likely ignored by devs given the duration that Haat has been available and still yielding gear that is easily farmed or received simply by simming a gear challenge daily.

This presents a situation of hypocrisy from and reflects poorly on the reputation of a development team that supposedly is as passionate about the game as the players/fans.

If only there was some open and honest communication with some of these contentious issues, the community would not react the way they do.
    Shanara68 wrote: »

Capital Games content philosophy, knowing some members of our community may not be aware of SWGOH being a living breathing growing game.

I'm having a discussion here to clarify that point now, so it's clear going forward.

Why is it that every time the player base gets a leg up, it gets ripped from us? Everytime!! Any advantage that we come up with is always taken away. Why should we even try? We meet success just to have that taken from us is insulting. I love this game and star wars, but, jeez. Can you guys just give us a break and let us enjoy what we accomplish? What about the bugs that benefit the raid bosses? Didn't hear anything about that. All I heard was you guys are doing to good, can't have that. Unbelieveable.

I understand your frustration, but I hope you can understand the design intent of new content (like the Rancor and HAAT and DSTB). Fixing issues that 'trivialize' content has been and will be an ongoing action if we deem it in the best interest of the game overall. Sometimes... it's ok. Other times it's not. We have to consider the health of the game, and hope you can appreciate that consideration.

you know nothing of our frustration. you created a monstrosity of a raid with absurd mechanics that nerf practically every character in the game because you lack the competence to design a legitimate open, engaging, raid experience, so you force everyone down this linear path of false choices. all the characters we have grown to love, you put in a perverse game of whack-a-mole and make us watch them die (like who wants to be the mole in a game of whack-a-mole, are you serious?). you care nothing of star wars or this game. i'm in a top 15 guild and this is an insult to anyone who has supported you for years. you have not asked our opinions. you have not involved us in the process. you just bumble from one mistake to another creating a swath of destruction along the way.
  • JeerCScaas wrote: »
    Are you seriously considering nerfing expose ? Is this a joke ?

+1 on the challenge gear as rewards. ridiculous at this point.

I totally agree with you on the challenging philosophy, but we deserve rewards accordingly to our commitment as well.

Only for raid bosses.
    It will minimally impact previous bosses. It will significantly impact Sith Raid.

Let's get the fix out and find out if it's really that impactful afterwards.

We're always watching and listening ;)
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs

Can you at least recognize what a slap in the face it is to the people who just purchased Sion? Nerfing a characters raid utility like this is insane. It makes him useless in p3 and p4.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play.
    I didn't realize ST Han was meta

Glad you fellas decided to make a more balanced edit to Traya in the raid, and the health pool, hope rewards get a buff too to remove challenge gear

I hope our players remember, we ALWAYS try to do the best thing for the game. We have to think globally for the millions of players out there, and appreciate hearing we're aligning with players.

Cheers!

Sorry, I realize your intents are good but while challenge gear remains in all forms of raids this statement is just a flat out lie.

How many of those millions of players need more of it again?

RT

This is not the way to keep people dedicated.
    Shanara68 wrote: »

I am guild leader of my guild and I have been instructing my guildmates to farm all these toons for a very long time. All that time and energy and money they've invested is now for naught and I'm responsible for that. That is not cool. We have always, and apparently, always will be slapped down everytime we find an advantage. I can't understand how this move is for the good of the game. It has clearly upset a ton of people. Do we not matter? Is our opinions just swept to the side? Will we ever get anything that's worthwhile not taken away from us? I'm not f2p by any means, no where close. All that invested is now wasted. It's insulting to hear that this benefits the game overall when clearly that masses are speaking out against it. We, this entire community of players, helps to pay your salaries, we help to keep the content rolling out, we do all this for the love of gaming. Yet why? I cant believe how this game has become so controlled. We have no freedom to explore and build our rosters and teams. We basically have to follow your path and not our own. Sad, very very sad.
  • VireME
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This idea is right up there with “new Coke” and crystal clear Pepsi. Well done, enrage the Whales that keep this game profitable. Solid business strategy.

RT

So no change on expose for the sith raid?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    GRTL wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat will this also affect zfinn teams in HAAT?

I'm told it shouldn't but we reserve the right impact HAAT if it brings the new content inline with design goals.

So... 'probably not'.

RT
    JeerCScaas wrote: »

RT

That was a quick turn around, "shouldn't" to "slight impact" in half an hour. If I hang round for a bit will it be "massive impact"?
  • Maybe the devs should just publish a list of acceptable squad combinations so that players don't innovate incorrectly and make sure strategic thinking does not venture outside the box.
  • Maybe the devs should just publish a list of acceptable squad combinations so that players don't innovate incorrectly and make sure strategic thinking does not venture outside the box.

My sentiments as well. I don't want to farm or zeta the wrong character, that will end up getting "revisited"
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Generic
    63 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_RyDiggs sitting here telling us not to get sensational while telling us their aligning with player interest is the biggest instance of hyprocisy I’ve seen lately. Well done sir.

Try to be a little more condescending when replying to the player base; it plays so well.

You guys should hire a PR firm to handle your messaging because it’s a goddamn train wreck.
This discussion has been closed.