Live Q&A w/Dev Team - 4/6/18

Replies

• Here's some personal questions to get a picture of the CG workplace a bit more, just for fun.

It seems like a lot of your jobs overlap, like how is "Live Producer" different from "Lead Producer" and all the other titles? Do you all stick to your lanes at work, or do you all tend to have a culture of getting in each other's business to help out wherever you can?

Can you share a story (just for funsies) of a recent argument about a new piece of content and how it got resolved?

Thanks for doing this!
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    You mentioned battle replays are still a ways off, as a stop gap would it be possible/easier to let us see the team that attacked us in TW and its end state?
  • Will either arena ever be reworked? The current system promotes collusion, allowing players to stagger pay out times for maximum crystal payouts and forming private groups to block players out of the top ranks. The current system also doesn't serve to encourage players to return to the game when the rest of their arena is gaining power. Wouldn't a monthly league (with titles and other rewards) or at least resetting arena shards every couple of months based on Elo serve to make it more fun and competitive rather than a select few colluding on a discord?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Is the distinction between "Support" and "Healer" for various characters still under review? Most notably, for Hermit Yoda, who primarily heals but misses out on the HP bonus for the Sith raid because he is classified as a Support, and to a lesser extent Captain Han.
    Still not a he.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    When will ship omega ability mats be farmable?
  • Hi thank you for taking the time to communicate with the community I know we all appreciate it, recently it's been brought up in some of the Game Changer videos and has been something I have personally wanted for a long time that the Jedi need a rework. Very soon the dark side will be unstoppable in Arena once Treya comes into circulation, it's fair enough that this is the case after light side has dominated for so long but I know you have stated in the past that it is your intention stop Arena from only containing one ultimate meta. So basically my question is that with the continuing rise of the dark side are we going to see a rise of light to meet it within a couple months time frame after Treya becomes common? I'm not saying you have to clarify which faction or any concrete time frame but just that you are aware light side will need a boost after this bounty hunter rework and introduction of Treya. Love the game keep up the great work.

P.S. Jedi Knight Luke has been on the loading screen for awhile now and you have all those Empire Strikes Back characters for that Heroes Journey Part 2 so you should definitely get on that :wink:.
  • Shouldn't Nightsister Zombie have her health and protection decrease as she is leveled up? The current way she is set up makes it an incentive to not upgrade her, which seems to go against the point of the game. By putting time and resources into her you actually make her worse. Also, since you can't remove armor or un-level a character, there's no way to really improve her if you already put any gear on her or leveled her up. The way she currently works in the game just seems so counter to everything the game is supposed to be about.
  • rus_swgoh
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hello there!
    Can you add a feature to view the full list of allies during the preparation for the battle? Sometimes finding the right ally can be difficult.
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    One of the things that you guys released recently were the five dollar Lightside and Darkside Starter Packs. I know that I purchased them because it was a great value and I could support a game that I enjoy. My question is simple are there any more plans to release these type of packs such as a Fleet Starter Pack, or maybe a five dollar character of the month pack?
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    hi, thank you for opening the Q&A,

1) Have you considered adding a players Personal Daily Raid Tickets, xxx/600, to the screen with player level, in game name, energies, credits, crystals, to help a player know when they have completed the daily 600 and help guild leaders mange the 30,000, players who have not completed the 600 are missing 10-50 tickets.

2) For all instances of a guild member lists, can you have the guilds complete list of names and activity?
    example the Guild Activities area Contributions lists all guild members names followed by a numeral or -- to indicate activity.
    In the raid Contribution list this would be helpful to know who has and hasn't participated.
  • The Sith Raid is not enjoyable at all. My guild has 117m GP, the whole guild plays on a daily basis, and yet half of them do not play the Sith Raid. As I read the forums, this seems to be a common problem. More needs to be done to make this time commitment more enjoyable. Any plans to further make this more engaging? Thanks for the time!
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I have a question about toon and ship design.
    When CLS came into the game, he was clearly designed in part to counter the triple cleanse meta. When JTR came out, the irresistible, uncleansable healing immunity came as a direct counter to Barris. The EP rework is now pushing JTR out of arena. When the Chimera came out and the TIE reaper became F2P, they both jumped to the top of fleet arena, crushing the "wait for Tarkin to go off" meta.
    When you design toons, are they always planned to counter what happens right now? Or is the eventually plan is to have multiple viable strategies? Or is this going in circles, with each faction it strategy having it's day in the sun?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Go watch a video instead of just answering a question is crap...
  • Can we get a practice arena mode? Maybe only allow us to practice against guild members and charge some amount of ally points?
  • Thank you again for all of the improvements across the board and these Q&A opportunities!! Any chance of seeing more improvements to Leadership tools, for instance in Territory Wars to make it more like Territory Battles with all members listed in Signup/Leaderboards, starting with missing Indicators/Zeros respectively, to alleviate the need for Leadership to fill out several Spreadsheets to keep track of things like who HASN’T signed up yet, who HASN’T set Defense, who HASN’T Attacked succassfully?
  • I have only one question that I’m REALLLY curious about. Is there any plan in the future for the TIE Defender to be added to Ships?
  • Does all the recent communication have anything to do with the release of Marvel Strike Force?
  • Gemma
    8 posts Member
    Hello thanks for the Q & A

Will Clone troopers who dont have zetas recieve a zeta ability in the future? Echo is a favorite but hes definitely lacking for an all clone squad.
  • How will Bossk come to the game? Legendary? Marquee?
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Seeing that a focus will be on original trilogy bounty Hunters. I have two questions
    1. Any plans to add 4lom and /or Zuckuss in future
    2. The original trilogy tag leaves out Zam Wessel does this mean she would be reworked in a separtist rework instead ?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I would love to ask if you ever get rid of all the "rng" and turn the game into more strategy, but im afraid i know the answer already. Guess its a thing so even a grounded squirrel can win. However i want to ask if you have something like a QA or at least think about to hire some. No offense, but i cant remember an update without bugs and i really wonder if you guys even test any line of new code added to the game. Is there someone who checks quality and tests new content?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    I would love to ask if you ever get rid of all the "rng" and turn the game into more strategy, but im afraid i know the answer already. Guess its a thing so even a grounded squirrel can win. However i want to ask if you have something like a QA or at least think about to hire some. No offense, but i cant remember an update without bugs and i really wonder if you guys even test any line of new code added to the game. Is there someone who checks quality and tests new content?

Are you asking if we would consider getting rid of RNG?
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    Will you be adding other Bounty Hunters to the game at the same time as Bossk, or even just after?
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Any changes intended for Galactic War? Specifically, I'd like to see it be hard again after the sim option is unlocked. This would give me somewhere to test new teams I'm building. It's far too easy to test anything currently.
  • Zagric
    36 posts Member
    When are you going to rework General Grievous ? I have been waiting like 2 years now for that
    Believe in yourself or no one else will.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Will new ships be added to the game when the ship table launches? Such as the ships for the original trilogy bounty hunters?
  • You mentioned info is coming on how we can apply to the Gamechangers program. Any additional info to share on this topic? Is there a time this is scheduled to be released? I am asking for a friend... Meat City, baby!
  • PRIMEN
    38 posts Member
    Hello! I would like to draw your attention on a particular point that impacts negatively hundreds of players.
    When ships were introduced, an algorithm placed people in different fleet shards depending on when they started the game, how evolved their roster was, and more importantly, whether or not they were level 85. This algorithm for fleet shard creation worked well except for one shard, the one of people who started around June-September 2016. Only the most active people / spenders were level 85, which resulted in the creation of an abnormally highly competitive fleet shard. As of now, it has over 100 people with a roster of 3 million GP or more, 7 of those being in the top 100 GP on swgoh.gg
    There are well over 700 people active daily, with more than 100 people trying to get #1 every day. The shard chat has over 80 members and is forced to refuse entry to more people because payouts are full (up to 10 people sharing a payout).
    Top 300 (and possibly below) is exclusively made of 7* Chimaera fleets with a fleet power of 420k or higher (averaging at 440k for top 100), people drop 70 spots on average daily, while they could stay top 20 all day on any other fleet shard.
    A lot of people gave up trying to get to the top because it was such an headache, and even those who still play daily are becoming more and more annoyed with fleet arena, resulting in tensions between players.

Long story short, this fleet shard has way too much active players on it and it becomes unhealthy for players who either give up on rewards they would easily get on any other fleet shard, or spend hours each day to get to the top (people who have been in the top 10 for a while have over 4000 fleet arena battles won, for only 2500 squad arena battles won, and they do 5-10 battles a day in squad arena). This is even more of an issue now that there are other time consuming game modes like TB, TW. This has been brought up several times on Reddit, but since right now I have the opportunity to talk directly to a member of the CG team I thought it could help to solve this issue.

Here are links to Reddit posts about this shard:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5f26t7/abnormally_competitive_ship_arena_shard/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/74eagm/abnormally_competitive_ship_shard_ii/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8abqv6/dear_cg_please_fix_our_ship_shard/

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully something can be done about it (best would be to split this shard into at least 4 distinct shards, so that competition would go back to an average level).
  • Hello,
    Is there any possibility to change Hermit Yoda's AI?
    1, It seems a bit weird that HY cast Masters traning first on tanks, than supports finally attacker classes. Reverse order would be much better.
    2, On Masters traning prioritization of the jedis would be reasonable also
    3, Sometimes my HY cast his basic heal on auto mode instead of a zeta Strength Flows From the Force while one of my team member on ~5% health. HY just let the party member die... but why?
    Btw, thank you so much for this game!
This discussion has been closed.