Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Replies

• QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    QJinX wrote: »
    I thought with all of the negativity over the last few months CG would take this opportunity to generate some good will. Gees I hate being wrong. While it is true they didnt have to do anything, they could have done a lot more. Ah well.

You do realize they are giving out free stuff and getting grief over it..... I dont think this is an issue on their end.

As I clearly said. They didnt have to do anything, but they COULD HAVE done a lot more. Especially given all of the missteps over the last couple of months. (Sith raid, Riggs meltdown, nerfs etc) This was an opportunity to show they were in touch with the player base. I think its clear they are not. Especially with Marvel competing in their space I would have thought they would handle this promo differently.
  • Wondering why there is all this hate for freebies and give always on a day that is a fan holiday and has nothing to do with Star Wars. Why is there any complaining at all. If they gave 25 Chewie shards that convert to shard currency for gear, what’s the issue? It’s free. If you already have raid Han good for you enjoy your shard shop currency. Obviously it’s a hint we need raid Han for something upcoming. Mine will be 7* in a few more HRancors, days before we complete May. I will get gear with the rest.
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    Only need Amilyn Holdo so nothing worth an applause, so much for this May the 4th; I wish they can tell us how much are the "chances" :#
  • It’s been said several times already, but thank you for the return of the ability materials pack! Here’s looking forward to a more regular increase in our ability to farm/earn more omegas outside of these packs in the near future!!
  • Meh, better than nothing but pretty underwhelming. I don't have any of those characters at 7* but Nihilis is the only one I'm interested in. I would have preferred double drops, even if just limited to a few good/needed/new toons (ideally vets, talzin, wicket, zombie etc). I guess if the GET tokens drop is generous enough it could be pretty neat, but given the terrible sith raid rewards I'm not optimistic.
  • I have yet to unlock raid solo and I am 7 shards away, so this will really help.

25% more crystals. I might buy some more for refreshes to help get both vets to 7* so I can get rey next time.

Hard side drops. I hope I get Holdo, Director Krennic, and Gar Saxon. The rest I have at 7*.

The ability pack sounds interesting. I will for sure have a look at that as well, so there is lots of goodies to look forward to on the 4th.

The cantina drops will be helpful as well.... so good.

Thanks CG :dizzy:
  • VA__IG88
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This is a nice May 4th boost. Double drops would be great but I honestly didn't expect them (and others who did, sucks to be you). Some great bonus shard character choices (yes, end game players have them, but that's true of 99% of the characters in the game). They've already said that some content is for new players, this is clearly targeted towards people who may be joining in anticipation of Solo (or who have joined in the last year). Abiliity pack, 25% off crystals are both wonderful for older players. Also, don't forget we have Bossk (likely good, even if not at 7*) and a new Assault battle (plus the bounty hunter event) that are all on or around May 4th.

Edit: I forgot about GEC, that is dope and will most certainly have a higher drop rate than omegas.
  • Wheee Holdo.

GET, what is a "chance?"
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    No GET bonus drop on mod farming for May 4th event?

@CG_Carrie can you clarify this? I was wondering the same thing. Is it just the cantina table or mod challenges as well since they both use cantina energy.

The GET drops are for Cantina Battle Nodes only, this doesn't include Mod Challenges.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    :/

Oh well. Guess I'll go back to some cantina shard farming for that time period.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    And every player who has raid han for years or months now?

You don't like the shard shop?

I can get 10 shards for the shard shop any second with the 10s of thousands of currency I have stocked up from arena, GW and Cantina shipments.

Congratulations. I guess this part of May 4th isn't for you. But that's ok, the Mythic tier of events isn't for new players. Some stuff simply cannot be for everyone.

Yeah I guess long timers don't deserve a reason to celebrate may 4th
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I can get 10 shards for the shard shop any second with the 10s of thousands of currency I have stocked up from arena, GW and Cantina shipments.

Congratulations. I guess this part of May 4th isn't for you. But that's ok, the Mythic tier of events isn't for new players. Some stuff simply cannot be for everyone.

Let me guess, you have all the gear too so you don't need GEC.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member

Well with attitudes like this, you’re surprised . . . . .
  • this is a joke right??? may 4th is a massive event for Star Wars and we don't get double drops......

Well that sucks was really looking forward to it I don't have the money to be farming hard node characters I don't need
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't have the money to be farming hard node characters I don't need

Have you never farmed a hard node before?

Money absolutely not required.

I’m pleased knowing I’ll have an easier time gearing my new Bossk!

• What do you guys think, it IS a "celebration," so HAS to be more then 1%... probably a HOT 10% chance to drop a shard?... and since I only need Saxon and Holdo still... that'll be a 33% chance on 10% (? - because of course we can't know) to celebrate!

Sometimes the boss brings in apples for the office. Both these things are equally thrilling.

GIF--Not-Impressed-Eww-Euw-Awful-Bad-disgust-GIF.gif

But, wait, I know, let me just Holdo-n and wait, maybe I'll be stunned and amazed by the drops - that's CG... stunning and amazing at every turn.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

Ah you need crystals for energy refreshs to farm the hard nodes for it to be worth it and since crystals cost money if your not getting a load from arena
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Ah you need crystals for energy refreshs to farm the hard nodes for it to be worth it

If you're impatient, sure.
    and since crystals cost money if your not getting a load from arena

50 crystals for a refresh. Not a high bar.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    This is very underwhelming for me. Started Feb 2016 so I have all of those characters already at 7 stars except Holdo.

If you are an early/mid game player, this May 4th update is probably very helpful.

Oh well. Can’t cater to long time players all of the time I guess. I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. I’ll take the shard shop currency.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

We don't even know how much GET, or what the drop chance is. As I've mentioned, these are the same people that say there is a chance for omegas to drop in Cantina nodes.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    RIP, Rancor Raid

Seriously tho, if they’re trying to normalize raid han shards in other places so they can retire the rancor raid, everything’s gonna explode in all the worst ways. That is hands down the most important raid (other than heroic sith before unlocking Traya if you’re lucky enough for that)

Ah you need crystals for energy refreshs to farm the hard nodes for it to be worth it

If you're impatient, sure.
    and since crystals cost money if your not getting a load from arena

50 crystals for a refresh. Not a high bar.

I don't get the impatient part (I'm just not upto spending 150+ crystals on hard nodes when my priorities are for cantina nodes for getting my FO up)

And it's a high bar if your in a really old shard woth the top 100 being whales
  • "Cantina node Omegas"

/s
  • Raid han shards which everyone already has and has had for months and months, and then no double drops? This game is getting ridiculous and stingy.
  • VA__IG88
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2018

I don't get the impatient part (I'm just not upto spending 150+ crystals on hard nodes when my priorities are for cantina nodes for getting my FO up)

And it's a high bar if your in a really old shard woth the top 100 being whales

I'm in a very early shard (don't remember exactly but within the first month). I took almost a year off the game (fall 2016 to fall 2017) and am currently sitting at 75 (with all 5 battles and payout approaching). I am by no means a whale (sure I spend a bit) and there are plenty of whales in my shard. So it is very possible to get enough crystals to farm hard nodes (between payout and daily stuff). I do not get any crystals from fleet either.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

We don't even know how much GET, or what the drop chance is. As I've mentioned, these are the same people that say there is a chance for omegas to drop in Cantina nodes.

Or we could wait until we actually see if the drop rate is better than the 0.01% chance on omegas, but I understand people don't like to wait at all here. Much better to complain immediately.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    RIP, Rancor Raid

Seriously tho, if they’re trying to normalize raid han shards in other places so they can retire the rancor raid, everything’s gonna explode in all the worst ways. That is hands down the most important raid (other than heroic sith before unlocking Traya if you’re lucky enough for that)

50 Han shards is going to burn the game down now?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Wow! Some people in this thread need to be careful they don't sprain their Sense Of Entitlement.

"Here is some free stuff!"
    "Waaaah! That free stuff isn't good enough!"

:neutral:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

You already have Holdo, Gar, Fulcrum and Krennic all at 7*??? Since you and I started at the same time, and I don't any of those at 7*, color me impressed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*