Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Still the majority are disgruntled players awaiting some form of dev response in this thread.

I wasn't happy to uninstall as my guildmates are amazing. Sadly, my principles outweighed that and this neglected thread has, sadly, proved me 100% correct in my decision.

How an update this size can be ignored post drop is astounding. This is a case where 'no news is good news' isn't cool. Once you reveal your plans for fleet I can ride off into the sunset, but until then, PLEASE leave an official post here and stop ignoring the vast majority who have put time and money into this game.

48 pages and zero. Let's see some Customer CARE, not customer service.
    Post edited by Ebbda on
  • Keno21
    15 posts Member
    How’s the improved communication going from the devs? Just as good as this version of ships. Oh dear.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    That's it! I've Given up! I'm joining the meta! ;-;
    No more Ahsoka in my starting lineup! She makes me too much of a target. Put in Tie Advanced in there instead of having his awesome reinforcement ability!

Mainly cause the AI keeps not taking him out as my first reinforcement for some reason, so not only does Ahoska make me a target, but the AI doesn't even summon the right Reinforcement, like double fail.

Seriously I miss when Ships was fun. 1.0 ships was fun. I Never complained. Many didn't complain. The whole thing was very settled in its place.

If they wanted to change it up, why not ADD more ships to the battle! make the fights crazy fun! Start with more then five, have no max reinforce, turn one you can add another ship to it!

Also give capitals a life bar! Let them take hits when nothing is out or something! Imagine if we could focus it and disable it!

Have real ship battles! Something epic! Something fun!

Instead of this 2.0 mess of AI randomness long battling **** of the same three ships again and again

A few people have mentioned this idea. Combine this with more starting ships, and possibly more reinforcements, and I think you would have had an actually good ships 2.0. Would have added a lot more strategy, do you want to try to win and blow up the enemy ships, or do you want to sacrifice some ships to disable Capital Ship abilities, maybe even the ultimate?

With more ships disabling the capital ship would be even more important. Because the battles would go longer (which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing unless they're boring like they are now). And it'd require more strategy because the capital would get to use that ability much more with more ships in longer fights.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    Nerf Biggs just like you guys did Reaper, and people will stop using him so much. And you'll start seeing the variety you promised.

That.
    Still there might be a bug with Biggs.
    I'm not a huge mechanics freaks .... But knowing that he Regen his protection even without any Target lock reapplied isn't right

Chimera / Vader/biggs /tfp I read the kits and none makes the target lock reapply in any case .

And on ANY of my target locked ship's turn , enemy biggs Regen.

Actually.. Vader makes TL reapply.. read the kit over again.

I knew it did but forgot that ability over all other my bad...... I feel bad for being so ignorent haha. Thank you
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Test is not in their vocabulary.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    No more Ahsoka in my starting lineup! She makes me too much of a target. Put in Tie Advanced in there instead of having his awesome reinforcement ability!

......Well, yeah, duh. Why were you using Asohka as a starter anyway? She's a fragile attacker that does a boatload of damage and has an excellent reinforcement ability that will cut through two tanks and a third once one of those tanks is replaced with a reinforcement. Whereas Vader's reinforcement ability is just a couple DoTs that will do 5% damage each.

Vader's reinforcement ability isn't very good, Asohka's is very good--especially if you take into account that most of the time theAI will reinforce with Scimitar or Slave-1, so if you can slot her into acting right after or hold off on reinforcing until they come out, you've just countered their big move.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Mainly cause the AI keeps not taking him out as my first reinforcement for some reason, so not only does Ahoska make me a target, but the AI doesn't even summon the right Reinforcement, like double fail.

Seriously I miss when Ships was fun. 1.0 ships was fun. I Never complained. Many didn't complain. The whole thing was very settled in its place.

If they wanted to change it up, why not ADD more ships to the battle! make the fights crazy fun! Start with more then five, have no max reinforce, turn one you can add another ship to it!

Also give capitals a life bar! Let them take hits when nothing is out or something! Imagine if we could focus it and disable it!

Have real ship battles! Something epic! Something fun!

Instead of this 2.0 mess of AI randomness long battling **** of the same three ships again and again

A few people have mentioned this idea. Combine this with more starting ships, and possibly more reinforcements, and I think you would have had an actually good ships 2.0. Would have added a lot more strategy, do you want to try to win and blow up the enemy ships, or do you want to sacrifice some ships to disable Capital Ship abilities, maybe even the ultimate?

With more ships disabling the capital ship would be even more important. Because the battles would go longer (which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing unless they're boring like they are now). And it'd require more strategy because the capital would get to use that ability much more with more ships in longer fights.

If anyone has ever played the Table Top X-Wing game, it might be cool if it functioned a little more like that in regard to Cap ships.

Meaning, they move toward each other at a slow clip. They can use their abilities against the fighters as they move, but once they get in range of another capital ship it really becomes a slug fest. Maybe even give every cap ship a "Ramming speed" option to take the fight down to only the fighters on the field by taking out the other cap ship.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    If this gets to page 50 w/o Devs addressing ships 2.0 ... I'll be done with the game. That's not meant as a threat at all... just a statement of fact. Another paying customer who's done. Tired of the non communication. Tired of the nerf bats. Tired of the bug filled beta roll outs. Tired of all the bug filled "fixes." I used to love the game, sad to say I don't derive joy from it anymore. See you in a few pages I guess.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Muaddib wrote: »
    If this gets to page 50 w/o Devs addressing ships 2.0 ... I'll be done with the game. That's not meant as a threat at all... just a statement of fact. Another paying customer who's done. Tired of the non communication. Tired of the nerf bats. Tired of the bug filled beta roll outs. Tired of all the bug filled "fixes." I used to love the game, sad to say I don't derive joy from it anymore. See you in a few pages I guess.

this+100
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Well, you guys heard them, let’s get this to 50 and call a whole lot of bluffs.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member

What he said
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So far I'm another having horrible RNG luck.

Things I've noticed so far:

If you strip Biggs' taunt with Tie Advanced, he often gains it right back after. So, you just wasted a turn because, without any other turns being taken to GIVE TL, he gains it right back. Yes, ships might have Target Lock already, but he shouldn't be gaining taunt without another ship being target locked (as it says in his description: gains taunt for 2 turns whenever an enemy "becomes" target locked.) Funny thing, I only ever see it happen for AI Biggs. (Almost as if the AI is cheating?)

My ships (even my Gear 12 Vader crewed Tie Advanced) are not hitting with criticals. Even my Empire ships under a thrawn lead that have increased critical chance and critical damage. My ships might crit about 4-5 times in a match. Meanwhile, the AI ships are hitting with criticals as often as I'm not.

Critical damage sucks. My crits, even with boosted offense, are hitting for 12-20K, rarely 30K. Meanwhile, the AI's fleet crits are 30, 50, even 111K damage. Yes, certain ships have higher crit damage, crit attacks, etc. My FOTF (if it even crits twice in a match) is hitting with crits at about 20K. Meanwhile, the AI's FOTF is critting for 40, 50, 60K damage. I actually saw a Tie Advanced with Offense DOWN crit against my vader for 32k, while my vader crit with no debuffs for 28K. Like, really? (Offense up might raise that up to help with hitting for 28-30K Crit)

AI is reducing it's own cooldowns. At one point I had my Thrawn ship ready to use his Nuke so I could win. What happened? Ohhhh, Tarkin (who's cooldown is +1 compared to Thrawn) went right before my Thrawn ship and used his Imp Assault. (And of course wiped out all my ships)

Your Fleet AI is giving itself better odds in RNG than us players. Whether you programmed it to do that purposely, or it is doing it on it's own (all hail our lord and savior Skynet), we aren't getting the same odds as the AI does. It is even worse in 3v3 because when your Biggs is killed in 3 shots, you can't really recover with only 3 ships. Especially when the AI brings in a 4th ship and you're at 4v2 in about 30 seconds.

AI Tie Fighter still dodges as much as it used to in Ships 1.0. I've had it dodge 3 of 4 times in a row. That especially seems to happen when it is the last ship. Mine "might" dodge twice in a match. (Granted, in ships 1.0 I had one dodge 8 freakin' times in a row, but 4-5 dodges per match wasn't surprising.)

Perhaps the AI was this bad in ships 1.0 and it took dropping the amount of ships down to 3v3 to really accentuate the level of RNG abuse the AI does?

Perfect summary, mirrors my experiences.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

No need to be an internet person about it. But here's another post that helps us on our way friend.
  • I' am sorry to say this but ships rework is an absolute crap. Now battles are longer and if you don't get a target lock with your first attack, the combat is lost. IA enemies ALWAYS get target lock, ALWAYS dodge. It is absolute RNG to win a battle. Best fleet does not domminate the battle which is pointless.
  • It's been about two weeks. I still hate this update. And I struggle to articulate why, because I'm actually doing better in fleet arena - I can take #1 now instead of getting locked out by our resident shard whale. But it's just stressful. I hate crossing my fingers that TL lands. I hate that I've rearranged my farms and pushed Vet farming out for pilots. I hate that the material crunch for ships is so extreme and that my roster is progressing so slowly.

I'm too new of a player to have a mature roster that can experiment with a lot of ships, but I've been here too long to deviate from finishing the old meta ships. Bad luck, bad timing... I think it would have been more enjoyable if reinforcement abilities or new ships were added but everything else stayed the same, or if they had held the update until the PvE table came out and maybe I could farm from there instead of burning through fleet shop currency, or if there was a new source of ship building materials so I could level TIE Silencer and SF TIE up to usability instead of neglecting them. I don't find the battles themselves particularly fun, but I find the new grind even more painful.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2018

funny... I only saw one person threatening to quit yet you say "a whole lot of bluffs" I think I read all 48 pages I must have missed some other people threatening to quit... I guess some must have slipped by....I just thought it was your comprehension at first...but I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt....

sigh
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    nd maybe I could farm from there instead of burning through fleet shop currency, or if there was a new source of ship building materials so I could level TIE Silencer and SF TIE up to usability instead of neglecting them. I don't find the battles themselves particularly fun, but I find the new grind even more painful.

Dude SFFOTF is HORRIBLE... maxxed his special that hits through protection does like 0 damage... nothing... only damage is coming from the assists...it's broke it sucks maybe with reinforce potency at least his minor tm AOE would help a little but meh... I maxxed that one as soon as it came out and i wish I did'nt...

His potency reinforce is cool but let's be honest...Battles are already decided before that first reinforcement comes out at least for me...I don't run vader or biggs so it's easy to know if I won or lost in first 15 seconds
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »

funny... I only saw one person threatening to quit yet you say "a whole lot of bluffs" I think I read all 48 pages I must have missed some other people threatening to quit... I guess some must have slipped by....I just thought it was your comprehension at first...but I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt....

sigh

Several actually have uninstalled the game and stopped playing. Heck, we lost one last week. Only one had threatened to do so.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

sigh

Several actually have uninstalled the game and stopped playing. Heck, we lost one last week. Only one had threatened to do so.

well to be fair..... people have "said" they uninstalled the game....except for your guildie it's prob hard to know who actually quit or people who are just rage posting...

I plus 1000'ed the guy not for his threat to quit but his comments on the silence....Nic just likes to run with things.... I don't hate 2.0 so I actually agree with a lot of his points saying things are not as bad as people make them out to be.... but the silence from upstairs.... If they roll things back and I wasted all this time farming..insead of reinforcements I coulda had my gauntlet crew in progress (let's face it gauntlet is amaaaaazing)
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    nd maybe I could farm from there instead of burning through fleet shop currency, or if there was a new source of ship building materials so I could level TIE Silencer and SF TIE up to usability instead of neglecting them. I don't find the battles themselves particularly fun, but I find the new grind even more painful.

Dude SFFOTF is HORRIBLE... maxxed his special that hits through protection does like 0 damage... nothing... only damage is coming from the assists...it's broke it sucks maybe with reinforce potency at least his minor tm AOE would help a little but meh... I maxxed that one as soon as it came out and i wish I did'nt...

His potency reinforce is cool but let's be honest...Battles are already decided before that first reinforcement comes out at least for me...I don't run vader or biggs so it's easy to know if I won or lost in first 15 seconds

Hmmm, interesting. I've heard a full FO lineup can be pretty dominant and I'd like to play around with it, but I don't dare throw ships out there that aren't at level 85. I did that once. It ended badly.

The lack of a space to play around with combos has been massively problematic, as has been said.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb Aside from all this... apparently the Ships CM in TB today is broken. You can't advance past the first wave.
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    Still the majority are disgruntled players awaiting some form of dev response in this thread.

I wasn't happy to uninstall as my guildmates are amazing. Sadly, my principles outweighed that and this neglected thread has, sadly, proved me 100% correct in my decision.

How an update this size can be ignored post drop is astounding. This is a case where 'no news is good news' isn't cool. Once you reveal your plans for fleet I can ride off into the sunset, but until then, PLEASE leave an official post here and stop ignoring the vast majority who have put time and money into this game.

48 pages and zero. Let's see some Customer CARE, not customer service.

No need to be an internet person about it. But here's another post that helps us on our way friend.

All of this devs, me and Muaddib are in the same boat, I’ve spent thousands by now, page 50 sounds good to me @Muaddib , and Nic, I’m not bluffing.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

sigh

I uninstalled and at least 2 others have. The longer nothing is said the more likely others may contemplate doing so.

The whole update is a disgrace mirrored only by the devs silence.

I'm just making sure the push for a response gets a VERY belated win :smile:
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Hmmm, interesting. I've heard a full FO lineup can be pretty dominant and I'd like to play around with it, but I don't dare throw ships out there that aren't at level 85. I did that once. It ended badly.

The lack of a space to play around with combos has been massively problematic, as has been said.

oh i love FOTP, shuttle is amazing support, silencer fits in anywhere... SFFOTF sounds amazing but i actually think his special is bugged if they fix it who knows....If it even did one or two pips of damage it would be great against a biggs almost dead who fully regened his protection it just does no damage
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    I haven’t posted in this thread yet and only read a small fraction. Just thought I’d add to the pot.

I hate it, been running #1 in my shard at cashout for many months, focused on ships when they were first released and have a “whale” roster. (It’s the only part of the game I’m a whale in.) I can still get rank 1, but like many have said total RNG, defense, offense, auto’ing, or playing like they want you to, it doesn’t matter. It’s all about your fastest ship getting target lock before the enemy so your Biggs taunts before theirs- pretty close to the way it was. Biggest difference is RNG changes. We’re all slaves to it now, it’s the only thing that matters in Fleets. And I don’t know about the rest of you guys but when the deciding factor is RNG it’s just plain NOT FUN.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Ships were terrible before because of the difference between competiveness of shards. But now somehow they made it worse. I would list reasons but over the abundance of comments they are all already listed.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Natos wrote: »
    If anyone has ever played the Table Top X-Wing game, it might be cool if it functioned a little more like that in regard to Cap ships.

Meaning, they move toward each other at a slow clip. They can use their abilities against the fighters as they move, but once they get in range of another capital ship it really becomes a slug fest. Maybe even give every cap ship a "Ramming speed" option to take the fight down to only the fighters on the field by taking out the other cap ship.

Now that would be quite epic! lol. Have your cap ship ram there's and take them both out xD You about to get your ultimate off? I'LL STOP THAT NOW! xD

There is so much fun stuff they could have done to ships instead of what they gave us...
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    I haven't abandoned you all. I've been busy with releases, writing up reports and escalating issues from the community. That doesn't excuse my lack of communication back though. So my apologies for not keeping the conversation going the other direction. Here's a quick run down of what I've reported.
    • RNG is a big issue for some folks - some battles feel like a complete roll of the dice
    • My existing investments got nerfed - Tie Reaper comes to mind here of course, it needed to not be so dominate but it's a ship that took a ton of time to get and was fairly critical to a top team.
    • It's difficult to figure out the new meta
    • I don't want to play Geonosians!
    • Level 60 Ship Challenges are very difficult - We are making these significantly easier next patch. This should be completable by players who just reach this tier.
    One part to remember, this is only part of the picture for Ships 2.0, there are features still to come. Specifically, the PvE table should allow players to earn more resources and practice new strategies. This won't solve balance concerns of course but it should make earning new ships much more comfortable.
    To the Developers:
    The materials needed for upgrading reinforcement abilities are too rare for me to enjoy/appreciate the new facet of the game.
    This will change when we launch the PvE Ships Table. The node is just to hold folks over until there are many places to earn Reinforcement Materials from the Ship specific table.
  • You're forgetting a very big point. The AI is making horrible decisions. It needs work.
  • loneyJedi
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ''Level 60 Ship Challenges are very difficult - We are making these significantly easier next patch. This should be completable by players who just reach this tier.''

Not just tier 1 of challenges....all tiers need a nerf....I'm lvl 81 and I can't do tier 3 of any of the challenges and can't get capital ships to 5 stars so I can't add more reinforcements, plus some ability mats are needed to make ship abilities stronger (purple one) how am I supposed to get my ship stronger to do challenges when you can only get them through a much more now difficult challenge...it's like one loop I can't get out of

PS: even tho I have ships with pilots at 7* and G10