Server Update 6/18/2018 [MEGA]

Prev13
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
This afternoon we will be performing a small server update to reinstate a “cap” on the maximum number of raids players can perform per week. We instituted this cap following the AAT Raid and updated it with the launch of the Sith Triumvirate Raid. The cap recently broke as an indirect consequence of the auto-join functionality we added to TU12. This update will fix the broken cap and should only impact a very small number of players.

The cap, which resets on Sundays, essentially limits players to rewards from 2 Heroic Tier Sith Raids per week. (There is technically a cap on the Rancor & AAT raids as well, but those caps are set high enough that virtually no players are legitimately hitting it.) Getting rewards from more than 2 Heroic Tier Sith Raids per week is only possible if players move from guild to guild (aka “guild-hopping”). Excessive guild-hopping is considered an exploit that is unhealthy for the balance and social dynamics of the game. We do not normally monitor this behavior with the cap in place, but we investigated and developed this fix after several reports indicating that the amount and severity of guild-hopping was increasing.

After today’s fix, the 2-per-week cap will be reinstated this coming Sunday, and guild-hoppers will no longer be able to claim additional rewards after their second Heroic Sith Raid in a week.

DEV POST

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Questions:
    • My guild has never hit a raid cap before, will I be limited now?
      No, you will never experience a cap on raids unless you are transferring between Guilds frequently. Even if you switch high level guilds on a one-time basis, and manage to be a part of three Heroic Sith Raids in that week, you will still not encounter the weekly raid cap. If you switch guilds more frequently than that, you may need to wait a few days to become eligible for the rewards.

• Can't I launch 3 separate Heroic Raids a week if my Guild has enough tickets going in to Sunday's reset?
      Yes, you will still be able to launch the third raid. This is specifically due to your Guild not launching one of the raids they theoretically could in the week prior (IE when you had at least 110k tickets at the end of last week and didn't launch a raid). The "raid cap" essentially accounts for the raid you could have launched the previous week.

• Is this restriction tied to my guild or an individual player?
      This restriction is tied to the individual player and NOT the guild itself.

• What happens if I miss a week of Raids? Is there any ways I can catch up?
      The system is flexible enough to give you an extra chance to earn one of the raid rewards you missed.
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Another terrible move...had to wait for the spenders to complained or unlocked and after it will create furthet imbalance.
  • catnip
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Our main issue mentioned in the other thread:

You can legitimately, without any guild hopping, complete three raids in a week if you started it with enough leftover tickets from the previous one (e.g. Monday, Thursday, Sunday). It's rare, but it does happen. Does that mean the raid on Sunday won't give us any rewards? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Where was this update months ago when all the mega guilds were unlocking Traya 2 weeks after release?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Unfortunately, this loophole has been taken advantage of for a long time. Anyway to remove the excess Traya shards from exploited accounts?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Considering you state it’s exploting, you should either retro take away the Traya shards from those who guild hopped, or punish them by banning their accounts for a period of time! You now have 7* Trayas because of this that are affecting the “spirit of the game”, and directly harming your customers financially. Don’t even get me started on all the payouts they got.

Edit: I shouldn’t have to explain, but...Anybody who knows the real me knows I’m being facetious (rare that I admit it). :D

P.s. I really do love Carrie, tho! <3
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • And all for fairplay but for months people have complained. If this rollback was indeed because a spending guild complained many people will be out. You folks seem to have lost the plot.
  • So no consequences for the people who almost 7 stared traya using this exploit? not to mention the gear? the mercenary's guild has been hard at work and are close to a month ahead over the rest of the playerbase...

I suppose they are top players, but just because you Can do something doesen't mean you should AKA the DSTB platoon contributions
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Why bother at this point? The damage is done...
    ynyy1nu4rplb.gif
  • The very small number of players it will impact already have a six or seven star Traya. Seems like too little, too late.
  • So no consequences for the people who almost 7 stared traya using this exploit?

Until this update there was no mention about guild hopping being an exploit. @CG_Carrie posted about guild hopping and didn't say anything about it being against the rules. Moreover, in the last official announcement from CG regarding guild hopping it says specifically that guild hopping is allowed.

You can't retroactively punish people for using in-game mechanic after you've changed your mind about it.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    catnip wrote: »

You can legitimately, without any guild hopping, complete three raids in a week if you started it with enough leftover tickets from the previous one (e.g. Monday, Thursday, Sunday). It's rare, but it does happen. Does that mean the raid on Sunday won't give us any rewards? @CG_SBCrumb
    Updated the OP and the second post in this discussion with some answers to initial questions.
    TLDR; Full details in the OP. You will still get rewards, the system will account for the 3 raid
  • catnip wrote: »
    So no consequences for the people who almost 7 stared traya using this exploit?

Until this update there was no mention about guild hopping being an exploit. @CG_Carrie posted about guild hopping and didn't say anything about it being against the rules. Moreover, in the last official announcement from CG regarding guild hopping it says specifically that guild hopping is allowed.

You can't retroactively punish people for using in-game mechanic after you've changed your mind about it.

Taking the Traya shards back and gear is not punishment, but a remedy. Imo, no need to ban accounts.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Biggest question that isn't answered...WHY NOW?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb I think the question we're most interested in is, simply, why now?

The raid has been out for months, and your team has previously commented on this issue. What has changed? Is it in preparation for the new gear?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Yeah, yeah, lovely, you've fixed something that has been there for a long time, was used by a few players (more often than not to help smaller guilds progress and keep them enthused), and really didn't bother anyone.

Meanwhile over at the Sith Raid feedback thread........
  • Hmmm, if I did last week only 1 HSR (1 heroic sith raid from sunday to sunday), will I be able to do 3 HSR this week?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Considering you state it’s exploting, you should either retro take away the Traya shards from those who guild hopped, or punish them by banning their accounts for a period of time! You now have 7* Trayas because of this that are affecting the “spirit of the game”, and directly harming your customers financially. Don’t even get me started on all the payouts they got.

Oh come on now it is only going to affect the "spirit of the game" going forward. has 0 impact from those that have done it already or something would have been done about it before. ;)
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    catnip wrote: »

Updated the OP and the second post in this discussion with some answers to initial questions.
    TLDR; Full details in the OP. You will still get rewards, the system will account for the 3 raid

Actually.. That's not what your wrote. You wrote that it's impossible to get rewards from more than 2 HSith raids..
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Getting rewards from more than 2 Heroic Tier Sith Raids per week is only possible if players move from guild to guild (aka “guild-hopping”)....

Your faq also does not say that the reward can be obtained from launching 3rd raid within the week. You just said that the guild can launch the 3rd raid. Is it perhaps because you are not sure of the behavior of the game logic?
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Yes, you will still be able to launch the third raid. This is specifically due to your Guild not launching one of the raids they theoretically could in the week prior (IE when you had at least 110k tickets at the end of last week and didn't launch a raid). The "raid cap" essentially accounts for the raid you could have launched the previous week.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb
    To clarify, is the cap on rancor and AAT raids also 2 per week, or is that a different number? Many guilds do 3-4 rancor raids per week. Are half their rewards going to be taken away?
  • catnip wrote: »
    So no consequences for the people who almost 7 stared traya using this exploit?

I remember making the same point for the DS TB Exploit, but consequances were still carried out at the end of the first campaign. Issue here is that traya is a meta PVP character going 5 stars vs 6 stars is one thing, but I will make the argument that 7 stars G12 is a huge advantage in PVP, which rewards crystals. I can see you are not on the side of my argument so I'll make the asumption you don't have such a G12 tray on your PVP shard, if you did you would see it differently...i think.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb
    To clarify, is the cap on rancor and AAT raids also 2 per week, or is that a different number? Many guilds do 3-4 rancor raids per week. Are half their rewards going to be taken away?

Why not reading?

'(There is technically a cap on the Rancor & AAT raids as well, but those caps are set high enough that virtually no players are legitimately hitting it.) '
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    To the people asking to take back traya shards and gear, should they also take back han solo shards and rancor gear from every guild that hopped EVERY day for months when the rancor was released?
  • Whale harder.....
  • mwigor
    36 posts Member
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Why bother at this point? The damage is done...
    ynyy1nu4rplb.gif

Its worse than that - people who have exploited this for months are now being given even longer with their advantage ... why not allow others to catch up?
  • My biggest complaint about this "fix" is that certain people have been allowed to take advantage of it. Now that they have a seven star Traya the "fix" is now in place. CG had to take care of their top players. Everyone else can suffer.
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Beta testers got their 7* traya close it off for a bit, how does disney continue to support such behavior?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1579313#Comment_1579313

Wow, I remember asking about this in April if it was Wai. What changed?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    "The raid reward limit per person cannot be violated. But was set higher than one can achieve while in a single guild.

That is the system they set in place, the limited the abuse to what they deem as an acceptable limit and allow those that want to go through the extra effort a reward for doing so. At least that's how I see it."

Hey @Kyno - how's that extra reward going?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1579313#Comment_1579313

Wow, I remember asking about this in April if it was Wai. What changed?

Windows shifted to the east