Why does GMYoda only get one g12+ piece of gear?

Prev1
... because the other one, with physical damage, is about as useful as **** on a bull.

I even checked Thrawn, Talzin... but looks like only GMYoda got shafted (from what I can see so far)

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter though, they both give +6 speed ;)
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I was wondering about this too. They made a point to deliberately change his damage to special then deliberately put the wrong bonus on his new gear.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb did the person that was reworking Yoda not talk to the person that was assigning g12+ here? I am pretty sure GMY is the only character that gets this gear that has 0 physical damage attacks. It makes no sense to change his basic to a special damage attack then assign him a gear that raise physical damage and physical crit chance. I thought this new gear was supposed to be some super improvement on the character not boosting useless stats.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb did the person that was reworking Yoda not talk to the person that was assigning g12+ here? I am pretty sure GMY is the only character that gets this gear that has 0 physical damage attacks. It makes no sense to change his basic to a special damage attack then assign him a gear that raise physical damage and physical crit chance. I thought this new gear was supposed to be some super improvement on the character not boosting useless stats.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s a bug and we should post it on the EA bug website?
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s a bug and we should post it on the EA bug website?

I have done my bug reporting from this update. I am done till the next one
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG's lack of communication is so extreme that they don't even communicate internally.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG's lack of communication is so extreme that they don't even communicate internally.

It is funny. Out of 153 characters that each get 2 new pieces of gear 1 of them gets a piece of gear that boost stats the character doesn't use. (I am discounting AGI/STR/TAC in this because those boost multiple stats.). I for one would have preferred he got more of a boost to his defense stats (yes many consider these useless) over stats that do nothing for him
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just another strategy to keep Jedi weak

On a more serious note, most likely an oversight
  • Options
    Jedi Mickey will solve it all.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »
    On a more serious note, most likely an oversight
    Which is very concerning. GMY is the hot toon of this week afterall, and if you oversight this character then what about everyone else?

It implies not a lot of thought is given to the new gear slots for some of the lesser known toons and they just gave them whatever. Kinda like Scavenger Rey getting two +10 Tactics gear when the tank gear first dropped.

I am aware that CG did explain that useless gear was given due to how powerful they currently are and they needed to be balanced out (Scavenger Rey was one-shotting everyone in arena at the time)

I'm just concerned that not a lot of care is given to the new gear slots and I'll admit I had to double check every new gear slot for First Order after this to check if any of the new gear is useless for that specific toon.
  • Options
    Super crushing blow.

Have they ever altered a gear piece after the fact? or do they do no wrong and force you to basically dump a piece of gear to get him g13..whenever that may come.

Speak CG we beg you.. we haven't seen smoke from wonka's factory in many moons
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Super crushing blow.

Have they ever altered a gear piece after the fact? or do they do no wrong and force you to basically dump a piece of gear to get him g13..whenever that may come.

Speak CG we beg you.. we haven't seen smoke from wonka's factory in many moons

I think the only time they've ever altered gear pieces was when they changed/nerfed a bunch of characters and their "speed tiers" back when speed still moved in chunks. Don't know of them doing it since that.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Some notice from the devs about this would be nice. :/
  • Options
    (Look at jawa engineer)
    GM yoda is fine.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Any thoughts here? I reported it as a bug, but it might not get treated as such by @EA_MindTricks if it is really an oversight. Somehow it needs to be brought to the attention of the devs responsible.
  • Options
    This isn't the only example of toons needing gear pieces which don't benefit them in any way. Off the top of my head I can think of Palp, who only deals special damage but to get to G12 needs a gear piece which increases physical damage. Admittedly messing it up with G12+ is a bigger deal than with G11 gear but the principle is the same; I suspect they might not change anything.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This isn't the only example of toons needing gear pieces which don't benefit them in any way. Off the top of my head I can think of Palp, who only deals special damage but to get to G12 needs a gear piece which increases physical damage. Admittedly messing it up with G12+ is a bigger deal than with G11 gear but the principle is the same; I suspect they might not change anything.
    You must mean G11 for ep. I haven't really went thru all the old G12 stuff however so far this is the only G12+ that is not matched to the character

I don't think they will change it either but only 1 character out of all 153 of them have this issue with g12+, this looks like an oversight that should not have happened.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    On AnswersHQ it has been flagged for further investigation. So at least there is that. We'll see what comes of it.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Hi folks,

The Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on Grand Master Yoda is not a bug and though far from ideal, does provide him a very small boost in effectiveness.

There are other characters that also have less than ideal gear such as Scavenger Rey. She has several pieces of TAC-based gear which she only benefits marginally from equipping. Similarly with Grand Master Yoda, he gains mostly health from the G12+ Holo Lens (and some speed, of course), so not entirely useless, but also not a significant performance improvement.

Regardless of GMY having the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, he has been balanced with this in mind and will perform well in certain game modes. (Psssst, such as P1 of the Heroic Sith raid as an example)

In the short term, I would recommend focusing on Yoda’s other gear and equipping the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on another character if you earn one. There are definitely a few others that would love to have that additional physical damage!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

The Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on Grand Master Yoda is not a bug and though far from ideal, does provide him a very small boost in effectiveness.

There are other characters that also have less than ideal gear such as Scavenger Rey. She has several pieces of TAC-based gear which she only benefits marginally from equipping. Similarly with Grand Master Yoda, he gains mostly health from the G12+ Holo Lens (and some speed, of course), so not entirely useless, but also not a significant performance improvement.

Regardless of GMY having the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, he has been balanced with this in mind and will perform well in certain game modes. (Psssst, such as P1 of the Heroic Sith raid as an example)

In the short term, I would recommend focusing on Yoda’s other gear and equipping the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on another character if you earn one. There are definitely a few others that would love to have that additional physical damage!
    Seeing as how important G12+ was billed as, and how squishy Yoda is it would be nice if he had gotten some useful stats or more survivability. Personally, I don't think Yoda needed a useless gear while 98% of other toons got better at what they do such such as Darth Sion's armor being so high that there are barely any toons that can kill him and he's getting stronger (esp. with Held by Hatred) and more durable with g12+ gear

Everyone else's improvements should offset Yoda's benefits too. Don't agree with how Yoda's g12+ was handled but that's my personal opinion. Nothing can be done about it. Feel bad for the people that would have to equip this gear if they want to push Yoda to g13 if that ever becomes a thing
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

You are seriously going to compare G11 to G12+???
    he is the only character that has no physical damage attacks and gets boosts from G12+ to physical damage stats. That is 1/306 G12+ that doesn't match and expect me to believe it was intentional? I never expected ideal or perfect (that is in the eye of the beholder) but I didn't expect them to get factually useless stats. I am discounting AGI/STR/TAC in this as those tend to boost multiple stats.

Sadly I expected this answer.
  • Options
    Hi folks,

he is the only character that has no physical damage attacks and gets boosts from G12+ to physical damage stats. That is 1/306 G12+ that doesn't match and expect me to believe it was intentional? I never expected ideal or perfect (that is in the eye of the beholder) but I didn't expect them to get factually useless stats. I am discounting AGI/STR/TAC in this as those tend to boost multiple stats.

But it is a clear answer and one with some solid guidance. Not ideal gear, but the response rewards those that visit the forums. I’ll take it.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hi folks,

No way was this intentional

they screwed up so badly and unfortunately, they are going to stick with it to save face (do they even have any at this point?)

The Rey explanation doesn't seem sensible either because at the time Rey was one-shotting every single toon even Royal Guard which was like the best tank of the time whereas Yoda just got a completely useless top quality gear because he's good in P1? While Resistance is untouched.

So the logic is that Yoda getting good gear is bad because he's great in P1 of STR and you need to do amazing in P1 of STR to rank #1 to get this gear

Great logic

The more I think about it the more obvious it seems they goofed up really badly
  • Princerhaegar04
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi folks,

Very Luke warm response. It's like admitting y'all messed up, but don't worry at least you get speed. Real weak response for gear that's hard to get. Lame
    Post edited by Princerhaegar04 on
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    This is how they balance characters. GMY is already powerful post rework.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    This is how they balance characters. GMY is already powerful post rework.

Just seems odd that they wouldn't just balance the character itself rather than making the hardest to obtain gear do it when they were released at essentially the same exact time...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

Gotta say Crumb that, while I’m sure we all are grateful for the response, it doesn’t quite make sense. All the other toons in game need G12+ that contributes to their strengths. Unfortunately this can’t be anything more than an oversight when desnigbing his gear. It happens. Personally I think it would be better to fix the issue rather than try to stand by it, especially in this case
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So basically they are saying exactly what I said in the title of the post - GMY only gets one piece of g12+ gear. Nobody in their right mind would ever equip this extremely valuable piece of gear on GMY, when it is useful on so many other characters.

You even said, "I would recommend focusing on Yoda’s other gear and equipping the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on another character if you earn one." Seriously?!? So even you admit that GMY should go without one of the two g12+ pieces, "The Most Powerful Gear In the Game"**

As for the weak argument about "well at least he gains health and +6 speed so it is not completely useless" ... well why not make it a Mk 12 ArmaTek Fusion Furnace instead? The piece with Health, Armour, Resistance, and Speed? That way he benefits for all 4 stats on the gear... and more importantly, it means that he GETS the gear, Otherwise, he will always have only one piece of g12+.

Honestly, @CG_SBCrumb, you, and the devs, KNOW that nobody will equip that super valuable piece of gear - the "new bayonet" - on GMY. You KNOW that GMY effectively gets one piece of g12+.

Absolutely no shame at all, you lot. Such an easy thing to fix, and you opt instead to produce some trivial fluff as a "reason".

(** for everyone except Grand Master Yoda)
  • Options
    Not gonna feel nice putting gthat piece on GMY 2 years from now when you can accumulate the salvage for it