3* fleet battles

flux_rono
2120 posts Member
does anyone what exactly are the requirements to obtain 3* or better yet what determines you getting a 1* or 2*? i assumed this would be like normal battles where losing 1 unit makes it an automatic 2* but this wasnt the case in my battle. i started with the 3 geonosians, reinforced the ep7 falcon, and after my geo spy ship died but when i won it was still a 3*

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I assume they’ll let you lose one ship. If they forced you to clear a node without losing any ships given the massive stat boosts they’ve given to the AI, coupled with the ridiculous RNG based mechanics, it would be impossible to 3*
  • Options
    I have lost Biggs and only 2*’d on Sion node hard 4D. So not sure the logic.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Then I’m at a loss for what it is. I lost one ship on normal 5D and got 3*. Personally think you should be able to lose one ship at 3* the node given the mechanics of ships now but, hey, what do I know? Lol
  • Options
    It looks like if you finish with 3+ ships its 3 star , if with 2 ships its 2 star.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    tr1gergo wrote: »
    It looks like if you finish with 3+ ships its 3 star , if with 2 ships its 2 star.

My brother was attempting the Sion node, and finished with no reinforcements remaining, but 3 ships in play. Only 2*.
  • Options
    My experience: If you lose 1 ship and call in 1 reinforcement you get 3 stars.
  • SoylentGreen
    84 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I think it is: If you either don't lose any ships, or finish the battle with 5 ships, you get 3 stars.
    Post edited by SoylentGreen on
  • Options
    My *assumption* is, ships in field remaining plus fleets in reinforcements remaining = 5 = 3*. If it's lesser, you get 2* or 1*. Not sure though.
  • Options
    I think you have to finish with three ships in the fight, no difference if they are three reinforcements or your starting line up. I have not lost one with less than three ships on the screen but I have not bought energy yet. I am in the normal stage 5 series now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have not seen this, but maybe its connected to ships on the field.

If you lose more than 1 you get 2*, and I have not gotten 1* yet. From my experience
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    I've lost a ship and finished with four, and it was 3*. I've lost more than one and finished 3+ and it was 2*.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    okay so it seems like losing 2 ships is what is needed to lose one*. thanks everyone
  • Options
    I also finished with 3 ships on 2 different nodes but one gave 2 and the other 3 Stars. Of course, the Sion node was 2 Stars.
  • Options
    Think if you lose more than 1 ship it goes down to 2*
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Here a quick breakdown:
    • 3 stars: If 0 or 1 player Ships die over a battle
    • 2 stars: 2 Ships die
    • 1 star: 3+ Ships die
    NOTE: Reinforcement ships which die count towards deaths

By comparison, character PvE uses these rules for determining stars:
    • 3 stars: 0 Characters die
    • 2 stars: 1 Character dies
    • 1 star: 2+ Characters die
    NOTE: Ally-assist characters which die do not count towards deaths
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I've lost a ship and finished with four, and it was 3*. I've lost more than one and finished 3+ and it was 2*.

It happened to me once before in the new Fleet Battle, lost one ship but got 3* :)
  • TigCarn
    34 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Honestly its horse **it that g12 pilots with maxed out ships struggle at all in even the normal fleet battles. Cg overtuned npc ship speed and its boning us all
  • Options
    TigCarn wrote: »
    Honestly its horse **it that g12 pilots with maxed out ships struggle at all in even the normal fleet battles. Cg overtuned npc ship speed and its boning us all

It is not just the speed of ships that they turned. I have had several battles were there is an enemy Tie Fighter Pilot on the opposing enemy team, and their Tie Fighter Pilot starts with Shields. So even though we all know that the Tie Fighter doesn't have a shield generator, and our Tie Fighters never get shields. The best we can get is extra protection the enemy Tie Fighters get full shields. Please explain this logic other than the fact that they are just trying to make things way to hard and completely unfair.

7l76nopj821j.jpg

• Options
    TigCarn wrote:
    It is not overtuned. I don't really like how they made it some nodes challenging (preload TM) but it is dobable. If G12 pilots with maxed out ships struggle it is either because of an inefficient strategy or an unfavorable capitol ship selection, which goes in a similar direction but many players aren't spoilt with choice here. Consindering that it takes ages to level up capitol ship abilities, I wouldn't call it bad strategy if you happen to have the "wrong one".
    I can only speak from own experience but I was not facing any extreme challenges in the PVE table (cleared all nodes but not 3*ed all of them yet). It is definitely doable even without all G12 pilots and maxed out ships. Here is what I was using on most modes in Tier 5 normal and hard (abilites are from left to right, i.e. 1. crew, 2. basic, 3. unique/special, 4. reinforcement):
    Starting lineup
    - Tarkin G12 (169 speed) / Abilities: 8, 6, 7, 5, 5
    - TFP G12 (194 speed) / Abilities: 8, 8, 8, 1
    - Biggs G12 (170 speed) / Abilities: 8, 7, 8, 1
    - zKRU G11 (189 speed) / Abilities: 6, 7, 6, 1
    Reinforcements
    - Vader G12 (174 speed) / Abilities: 8, 8, 6, 3
    - FOTP G11 (187 speed) / Abilities: 8, 7, 8, 3
    - Boba G11 (149 speed) / Abilities: 7, 7, 6, 3
    - GS G11 (135 speed) / Abilities: 6, 7, 6, 1
    That may be quite an advanced fleet at around 350k GP but is is by no means maxed out. TFP is the only maxed out pilot and ship (except reinforcement ability), whereas KRU, who is just as important, could still be a lot stronger. It was quite rare that I had to call Boba and there was only one battle where I had to call Geo Soldier as all other reinforcements were already deployed.
  • Sky101
    10 posts Member
    Options
    This whole 3v3 thing on ships is seriously angering. Im in a stalemate cause I haven't won a single challenge battle since. Its become a game of "whoever goes first wins". At least before I stood a chance. Now, one of my ships is guaranteed to be destroyed by outrageous firepower and other almost dead right off rips. By the time I can call in reinforcements... Im sitting at 2 ships facing 4 barely touched enemies, which is total bull cause it didn't matter my configuration of ships or the fact that they and the pilots are the same level as the computer. Switch it back! If its a problem because you don't have enough ships... Do your research. There's at least a dozen I can think of off hand that your missing from the star wars universe.
  • Sky101
    10 posts Member
    Options
    VIR2L_One wrote: »
    TigCarn wrote:
    It is not overtuned. I don't really like how they made it some nodes challenging (preload TM) but it is dobable. If G12 pilots with maxed out ships struggle it is either because of an inefficient strategy or an unfavorable capitol ship selection, which goes in a similar direction but many players aren't spoilt with choice here. Consindering that it takes ages to level up capitol ship abilities, I wouldn't call it bad strategy if you happen to have the "wrong one".
    I can only speak from own experience but I was not facing any extreme challenges in the PVE table (cleared all nodes but not 3*ed all of them yet). It is definitely doable even without all G12 pilots and maxed out ships. Here is what I was using on most modes in Tier 5 normal and hard (abilites are from left to right, i.e. 1. crew, 2. basic, 3. unique/special, 4. reinforcement):
    Starting lineup
    - Tarkin G12 (169 speed) / Abilities: 8, 6, 7, 5, 5
    - TFP G12 (194 speed) / Abilities: 8, 8, 8, 1
    - Biggs G12 (170 speed) / Abilities: 8, 7, 8, 1
    - zKRU G11 (189 speed) / Abilities: 6, 7, 6, 1
    Reinforcements
    - Vader G12 (174 speed) / Abilities: 8, 8, 6, 3
    - FOTP G11 (187 speed) / Abilities: 8, 7, 8, 3
    - Boba G11 (149 speed) / Abilities: 7, 7, 6, 3
    - GS G11 (135 speed) / Abilities: 6, 7, 6, 1
    That may be quite an advanced fleet at around 350k GP but is is by no means maxed out. TFP is the only maxed out pilot and ship (except reinforcement ability), whereas KRU, who is just as important, could still be a lot stronger. It was quite rare that I had to call Boba and there was only one battle where I had to call Geo Soldier as all other reinforcements were already deployed.

Your selection doesn't matter in daily challenge section. If you were fortunate enough to beat out the challenges for resources with 3 stars before the change was made, your good. Where as before the 3v3 change,I only lost 2 ships but could still pull off a 2 star win most ood the time. Now its just impossible no matter what i try. I haven't been able to get purple ship ability material at all since the change cause I can't beat it. The only reason I do good in the new battles they just released is because I generally get to go first, which means I'm the first to call in reinforcements. But if three computer goes first, I lose by default.
  • Sky101
    10 posts Member
    Options
    the whole fleet fights is a frigging joke just unlocked 5e normal. executrix gets FIRST ATTACK, then their three ships THEN another 2 ship attacks then ur team gets their first turn....executrix cooldown attack happens at the end of ur 2nd attack. what a pathetic joke this is

That's literally what I'm talking about. Im really hoping they're marketing team is reading all this and scratching they're heads at how to fix it because i liked fleet battles before. But I literally hate it now. I now Agree with whoever said that fleet battles are a joke.

Honestly, there's a host of ships they could add. Some would require added characters like dash Rendar and his ship the Outryder or the naboo starfighter. (Anyone else notice the lack of naboo characters like Padme and Captain Panaka?)But there are other characters like IG-88 and bossk who have they're own ships. General grevious had his own capital ship as well. Hell... commander Luke and R2-D2 have an X-Wing... If you made certain generic pilots interchangeable between ships, there are a total of 6 ships that could be added just with that alone. By changing pilot and ship, you change they're dynamic.

A-Wing (Attacker) Tie interceptor (attacker)
    B-wing (Tank) Tie Bomber (Tank)
    Y-wing (Support) Tie Phantom (Support)(Stealth)
  • Options
    Sky101 wrote:
    Your selection doesn't matter in daily challenge section. If you were fortunate enough to beat out the challenges for resources with 3 stars before the change was made, your good. Where as before the 3v3 change,I only lost 2 ships but could still pull off a 2 star win most ood the time. Now its just impossible no matter what i try. I haven't been able to get purple ship ability material at all since the change cause I can't beat it. The only reason I do good in the new battles they just released is because I generally get to go first, which means I'm the first to call in reinforcements. But if three computer goes first, I lose by default.

Right, some posts in this thread have gone a litte off topic and while this fleet beats all PVE nodes, there is no chance to reach that level if you can't beat daily challenges. I still believe that you can beat those with ship abilites at lvl 4-5, i.e. without investing purple ship ability material. Survivability of most ships does not depend on ship abilities. G12 pilots in 7* lvl85 ships with reasonable synergy will be able to beat it, especially if you max one or two abilities of the capitol ship using prestige bought from the store. However, I'm not saying that it should be like this or that the ridiculously high effort is worth it. The difficulty of the daily challenges definitely needs to be adjusted. It should not take months of preparation to beat the next tier.
  • Nheko
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Just got this guy that has some videos. I guess he will be posting all levels. Dont know if it helps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKfevGbN48