Server Update 7/19/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• This is going to make it even harder to get good speed secondaries. It's like cg is intentionally trying to alienate the player base.
  • CG_TopHatCG_TopHat
    July 19
    Hello!

We wanted to take a moment to clarify a few things that got mixed up today. First, the changes to the cost of upgrade a mod (making it cost less) is NOT live at the moment. This change will go live with a content release next week. There was a miscommunication inside of the studio about the timing of the upgrade change and when it would go live. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding.

Additionally, this line:

"With the addition of slicing, it’s more important that ever to know if this mod is worth spending resources to improve and you’ll need to level a mod to 12 before you reveal a mods' 4 secondary stat types."

is also somewhat misleading. We will be communicating more details around a change to how secondary stats are earned/displayed in the coming week. Essentially (the short version), in preparation for slicing, secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased. This ensures that gold mods continue to have the most value after slicing has been introduced.

Similar to the above, this change has NOT been introduced yet and we will be providing more details about it's introduction soon. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding.

Thank you for your patience and continued support. We can't wait to get the new mod changes in their entirety to you as soon as possible. See you on the Holotable!
  • So basically just like raid reward changes a few months ago mod management is just a massive nerf in disguise. Way to go cg.
  • So basically just like raid reward changes a few months ago mod management is just a massive nerf in disguise. Way to go cg.

That’s a bingo!
  • @TyloRen Can you clarify a bit about the last paragraph: "The number of increases on a secondary will be much more obvious when we introduce next big Mods update. Again this is a rare bug, but will affect a small portion of our players."

Does that mean that it only affected a small number of mods that are spread through the player base or does that mean if a player experienced the bug he/she could have multiple mods affected which will all get fixed simultaneously?
  • It seems that the "bugfix" is out, i see players reporting a massive increase in their speedmodpool, while others have no speedmodincrease but protectionmod increase or critchance increase, seems that if you got caught by this fix, all "buggy" mods you had, had the same mainstat increased. so either you got lucky and got 10 speedmods with 19+ speed now or you are screwed and got 10 "buggy" mods with more protection now.

Way to go EA, GREAT JOB (you can safe the sarcasm for later "fixes")
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    I'm sure there is a way to introduce mod changes in a more confusing fashion, but one must work real hard to find it.

/sarcasm off
  • scuba wrote: »
    Blindfate wrote: »
    Am I the only one that is reading this and thinking it will cost more?

Yes, upgrading cost less, however you will need to upgrade EVERY mod to level 12 to see its stats. So, that would mean all gold mods in the mod store at 3.91M and 1.9M credits respectively will be worth buying because you don't know the secondary stats. Obviously you can farm too, but there were so many 5 dot gold mods in store that were not worth it and now we won't know what the secondaries are.

Pretty sure the gold mods for sale will still be showing the 4 secondaries, purple 3, blue 2, green 1 as they do now.

Slicing is just adding a new aspect of improving mods that started grey, green, purple, blue

secondary stat upgrades
    Gold -> 4 for credits
    Purple ->3 for credits 1 slicing
    blue -> 2 for credits 2 slicing
    green -> 1 for credits 3 slicing
    Grey -> 4 with slicing

All speculation till actually in game
    Pretty sure you nailed it.
    We'll see soon (tm)
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    I don't really understand why everyone is saying this is going to be a nerf, if anything this is just another way to hide power leveling behind another paywall with the slicing.

I get that now you will only get a 25% chance to increase any speed stat on any mod. This is because all 4 secondaries will be revealed. What people are ignoring is that the total amount of speed secondary mods they will get through farming or through store purchases is going to go up because all the hidden speed in a mod is now going to be revealed and you will have a chance to increase that speed through upgrading the mod.

For example look at character release events where we always get like 8-10 blue mods. Each mod revealed 2 secondary stats. Maybe 1-2 of them have a speed secondary. Now those 8-10 blue mods will have all 4 secondary stats revealed when you get them, essentially doubling your chance to get a speed secondary mod.
  • I keep looking for STR T1-6 info, I keep not seeing it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I also have the impression that the mod secondary bug fix went terribly wrong.

It appears to me there happened a glitch where some people significantly benefited from this by increasing their speed secondaries on several mods into absurd levels just overnight.

You can find more details on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/90g3v4/psa_check_your_mods_for_free_overnight_boosts/

• @Deacon_Frost It is utter nonsense to have that many speed secondaries level. We have a guy like this in our shard. There is something seriously broken about this last mod update for those players.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    I also have the impression that the mod secondary bug fix went terribly wrong.

It appears to me there happened a glitch where some people significantly benefited from this by increasing their speed secondaries on several mods into absurd levels just overnight.

You can find more details on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/90g3v4/psa_check_your_mods_for_free_overnight_boosts/
    Hi folks, we're aware there was a possible issue with yesterday's release that may have caused a limited number of player's (less than 500) mods to be over-leveled. We're looking into this and will update you when we know more.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Yeaaah, this isn't going over well. Peeps randomly gaining over 10 mods with 20+ speed overnight.

I don't usually pull this card, because it's always a sensitive topic, but...as someone who's personally spent a TON chasing 20+ speed secondaries, this is infuriating.
  • I have to question the pre patch testing and quality control, i dont remember the last patch that wasnt full of bugs and mistakes, it seems strange that every patch is borked, maybe it would be worth looking at how to improve that process.

• Jnbentzel81
    442 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I hope the devs find a way to fix these accounts that have gained 5,10,15,20 even 30 mods with absurd speed secondaries overnight.....and we know who quite a few of them are....we will be in close contact with them until we know what your “solution” will be. If you choose to just leave them be, stating there’s nothing you can do about it, I can guarantee a massive fall out in spending from long term players that will most indubitably catch your attention. Mods are an extremely sensitive part of the game, from krakens to f2p, as no matter what, some form of profound investment has been put into them. To have random players gain an almost unreachable level of them in a matter of an hour is a HUGE mistake, if it can’t be fixed.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Here is a grey square with 23 speed secondary.
    @Jnbentzel81 They always appear grey at swgoh.gg. ;)
    P.S: if it was truly grey it would have no secondaries.

• ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Here is a grey square with 23 speed secondary.
    @Jnbentzel81 They always appear grey at swgoh.gg. ;)
    P.S: if it was truly grey it would have no secondaries.

Also, if you look at the pic, it shows that mod is level 15, which means it’s fully upgraded.
  • @GhostTruckin I see! But still, must be nice to use that mod on a 3* toon
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone, quick update.

It looks like there is definitely an issue with how Mods were changed after the server update yesterday. We won't have a fix ready for today unfortunately but are investigating a solution over the weekend and I will follow up with you all on Monday with the latest info.
  • End of week Monday
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

It looks like there is definitely an issue with how Mods were changed after the server update yesterday. We won't have a fix ready for today unfortunately but are investigating a solution over the weekend and I will follow up with you all on Monday with the latest info.

Why not fix sith raid rewards before you take on another task! Especially one with issues from the Gitty up,.
  • At the risk of once agin being removed or banned. If they have no way to revert these free changes to mods I’ve spent thousands on, it’ll be the last straw for me.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    wait did they remove or stop the update? I m not seeing any changes to my own mods
  • Seriously? Yet again another "fix" that has created more problems than solutions. I would say I can't believe it. But I can. Sadly
  • My concern is how will the mods effected be returned to their previous stats? The oops can swing both ways, and then it will be viewed as an intentional nerf. Time to go to mmo land.. there is going to be a s... storm coming.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Given this will affect quite a few arena payouts and TW’s as well you might want to get the team in overdrive to fix this mess.
    @CG_SBCrumb while you’re at it, how about you go revisit the sith raid reward structure that you PROMISED answers for back in May. Oh wait....I forgot you don’t keep promises...hmmm
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Just my luck, others got multiple monster speed mods, and I got nothing, not even a nice protection one.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Given how they've handled exploits in the past... people will be allowed to keep these stat increases.

Its not the first time people cheated the system and they let them get away with it such as 3 daily zeta challenges (!!!) Pre-crafting, raid hopping etc

I know there are other major exploits that were taken advantage of that escapes me from the top of my head but I've learned that if you cheat the system they'll let you get away with it