NS Zombie and Deathmark

Prev1
Hi guys,

in the latest update thread, there is a bugfix mentioned:
Fixed an issue that allowed Nightsister's (excluding Zombie) to be Revived by Mother Talzin’s “The Great Mother” if they were defeated with Deathmark active

Can somebody clarify how this mechanic was working and how it is supposed to work after fix?
I thought zombie revives (can't be prevented) all the time and has to be the last man standing before finally dying out.

Thanks!

Replies

• I literally says "excluding NS zombie". Meaning nothing has changed with how she dies and revives
  • I literally says "excluding NS zombie". Meaning nothing has changed with how she dies and revives
    Umm... not necessarily. It could mean that it allowed nightsisters excluding zombie to be revived before, but now they’re not. It’s not clear, that’s what OP is trying to figure out.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I literally says "excluding NS zombie". Meaning nothing has changed with how she dies and revives
    Umm... not necessarily. It could mean that it allowed nightsisters excluding zombie to be revived before, but now they’re not. It’s not clear, that’s what OP is trying to figure out.

This.

They were all reviving but now only zombie will.
  • So, I'm confused. Because i was under the impression, from GC videos, where they explained it and probably some old post here (don't which because they were months and months old) that the ability terminate itself prevented the revive, not the death mark. Essentially the same thing as boba fetts execute. So why Change it now?
    If it is the debuff preventing the revive then the in game description should be updated to reflect this: "targets defeated by terminate can't be revived" to "targets defeated with death mark can't be revived"
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Good point the death mark is not what blocks the revive it’s defeating them with terminate that prevents revive. Death mark is just an additional debuff. Idk if that means you get death mark and any enemy defeats marked player they can’t be revived. If so death mark got a huge buff.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    I think it’s clear, the zombie have nothing to do with this fix. It’s just that when you kill a nightsister that have a deathmark on it, nobody should be able to revive it( except the zombie). The bug was that talzin ability to revive can revive nightsisters that die with a deathmark on it and it was not supposed to be. As an exemple, old daka cannot revive toon that die with deathmark. So the fix is now talzin cannot do that too.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    g82h1wvh37k4.png

Death mark does not block revive, terminate does.

bkxfvmkjw1dd.png
  • @Jefferx like what 3pour just posted deathmark isn't what causes revive, terminate does.

So now nightsisters are nerfed(even though they've heavily fallen out of favor, aside from p4 sith)?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I wonder if the post was supposed to say “ terminate “ instead of “ death mark” ???
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Guys you are right. Deathmark in rancor raid prevent revive to work. But it’s not preventing revive otherwise.
  • Lol so now they are fixing bugs that are not even bugs...well bold.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Maybe it’s a bug seen inthe rancor raid only ?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Definitely need more info from the top
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Hi folks,
    I've got an update: Deathmark's ability description is a bit incomplete compared to how it was described originally in raids. We need to update the ability description to show it prevents revives as seen below. The patch fixed the Nightsisters (besides Zombie) being able to revive even if deathmarked.
    m4zvddjdpy6k.png
  • @CG_SBCrumb thanks, so the debuff is what prevents revive. But I'm assuming that terminate itself will still prevent it as well?
  • Are we sure this “bug” was exclusive to nightsisters though? Maybe I’m wrong, but I swear it didn’t prevent revives for Ewoks either.
  • @CG_SBCrumb thanks, so the debuff is what prevents revive. But I'm assuming that terminate itself will still prevent it as well?

correct. because the debuff is implied.
  • Are we sure this “bug” was exclusive to nightsisters though? Maybe I’m wrong, but I swear it didn’t prevent revives for Ewoks either.

Are you talking about the Forest Moon event? I thought I saw this too when I killed Ewok Elder and up popped Logray. Problem was, I couldn't confirm if Logray was killed with it applied because they were cleansing it occasionally.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    g82h1wvh37k4.png

bkxfvmkjw1dd.png

Did you just seriously link that commie site? There’s only 1 real repository!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Here’s the deal folks: Nothing can prevent Zombie from surviving, other than ending the match.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks SBCrumb and yes snake and yet you reposted it lol ,our confusion wasn’t zombie so much as he was speaking of the raid death mark not death troopers.
  • Thanks guys for all your inputs and clarification! In the end it's quite self-explanatory.
    Only reason why I asked because the original post which I've read was edited; it said:

7ybtz5sz24lz.png

original in web-cache
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    g82h1wvh37k4.png

bkxfvmkjw1dd.png

Did you just seriously link that commie site? There’s only 1 real repository!

Maybe he couldn't find it on Reddit?
  • Gingerbreadman123
    124 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How has noone referenced the mechanics section in swgoh.gg?

https://swgoh.gg/characters/death-trooper/ability/terminate

There are 2 distinct revive immunity parts to the code. One is linked to the base ability "Terminate":

Apply Effect
    Context #2
    specialability_deathtrooper02_kill_trigger_BASE
    To Self who is Alive
    Apply child effect(s) based on condition triggers
    Effect expires on:Perform Move
    Child effect is applied on:Kill
    Context Returned: Target(s) and if effect succeeded in applying
    Immunity
    Context #0
    generic_revive_immunity_target
    For Current Target from Enemy Side who is Alive or Dead
    Applies an Immunity effect to the target(s)
    Effect is unresistable
    Descriptive revive_immunity
    Effected revive

Basically if the move causes a kill, the target can't be revived.

But also there is a revive immunity linked to Deathmark:

Apply Effect
    Context #5
    specialability_deathtrooper02_deathmark_part3of3
    To Current Target from Enemy Side who is Alive
    This effect will EXECUTE if the previous query returned CONTEXT_VALUE > 0
    Apply child effect(s) based on condition triggers
    Effect is unresistable
    Descriptiveclearable_debuff
    Effect expires on:2xFull Turn Complete,Encounter End,Persistent Effect Add Instancestealth_buff,Revive,Remove Persistent Effectdeathmark_debuff
    Child effects are applied on:Receive Damage
    Immunity
    Context #0
    generic_revive_immunity_self_deathmark
    For Self who is Alive
    Where an active effect doesn't have tag revive_immunity
    Applies an Immunity effect to the target(s)
    Effect is unresistable
    Descriptive revive_immunity deathmark_revive_immunity
    Effected revive

So basically revive immunity is a hidden tag that accompanies the Deathmark debuf, expiring when the debuf expires.

So both Terminate and Deathmark cause revive immunity.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ya that’s sooo easy to read and we got answers from the dev. It’s death mark in the raid not death troopers death mark as stated in previous reply.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Ya that’s sooo easy to read and we got answers from the dev. It’s death mark in the raid not death troopers death mark as stated in previous reply.

Then you read the dev's answer incorrectly. Both terminate and deathmark prevent revives. DT's ability description doesn't currently say that, which is what Crumb was saying needs to be fixed. It DOES prevent revives, but the description is wrong.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    CptCheez wrote: »

Then you read the dev's answer incorrectly. Both terminate and deathmark prevent revives. DT's ability description doesn't currently say that, which is what Crumb was saying needs to be fixed. It DOES prevent revives, but the description is wrong.

jtrh9l59jwbj.jpeg
    Really??? Are you sure?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you guys realize that none of this matters, right? troopers crush ns anyway, so...
    (and if you see either on your shard congrats)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    It’s was all just for clarification, which we now have.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Really??? Are you sure?
    Obviously @CptCheez should be sure.
    As you marked it, SB_Crumb was making a comparison to raids (using it as analogy). So it would make absolutely no sense if he was talking about raids in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.