Road ahead ?

Replies

• How is this still going on???
    Just spend 5s to type a comment saying it’s delayed, hopefully will come in the next week! Just do that! Is that really that difficult?!
    I AM the High Ground
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Apparently next week = tomorrow
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    How is this still going on???
    Just spend 5s to type a comment saying it’s delayed, hopefully will come in the next week! Just do that! Is that really that difficult?!

Caley is hogging the only computer they have
  • It’s not helping that an unpaid, voluntary, Community Moderator who doesn’t have any more information than us is rebutling what everyone is posting. We love you Kyno but please, get off the high horse - this is above your paygrade. What we need, or will need is an apology from an official, since they’ve essentially now let us down twice. First when they had the goal of releasing the road ahead in the first two weeks and then when Crumb was suppose to get back to us. And since there’s so much confusion around it, can someone actually post a screen shot of where they said they would try to get the road ahead out in the first two weeks? Seems like there’s way too much interpretation going on for what should be clear-cut.

But most of all, it’s against EA’s business model to post the road ahead. Litterly their only way to make money is to release content without the players having prior knowledge of it and then have people spend money to keep up with the new meta. Besides from that, this game can be entirely FTP and is for most people. As someone else has stated, they’ve created this obligation to eventually post the Road Ahead. I don’t think it makes any sense for them to ever post it; and quite possibly what they could be doing is waiting until an important new content update is released first until they post the road ahead, so no one gets a heads up and they get higher revenue.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    tanki60o wrote: »
    How is this still going on???

But what if it comes on friday!?!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    As moderator you forfeit your right to an opinion and constantly going against the community thoughts makes you look like a baiter. Then you delete post to cover yourself further making you look bad. @EA_Cian again
    Ps screen shot

I am still aloud to have an opinion and i have no need to cover myself, I have done nothing wrong.

nothing is deleted. its all just pulled out to spots where only we (the mod team) can see things. he will get the tags and be able to read your statements for himself.

"Aloud" lol
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Except it’s coming tomorrow next week,right?? @CG_SBCrumb
  • This is really shocking to me. First I wrote a response to this thread and then almost immediately it was censored - taken down. Beautiful. Now I’ve got to re write it. Hopefully better this time.

The first thing about this whole disaster that doesn’t help things is that a voluntary, unpaid, Community Moderator is aggressively rebuttling every negative post. Kyno, we love you, but get off your high horse - this is outside of your pay grade. What EA needs to do, when they finally get back to Earth is issue an apology. They’ve let down the Community twice, first when they missed their own self imposed guideline for the road ahead and then when Crumb failed to update us.

The whole possibility which I think many people are failing to see here is that it’s actually against EA’s business model to release the road ahead. The way they make money is to release content with out anyone having any prior knowledge of it being released, then having players spend money so they can keep up with the new Meta. Besides from that, the games essentially F2P - and most players are on the F2P plan. So it really doesn’t make any sense for them to release a road ahead. The other option could be that they’re waiting for a new major content update and as soon as that content update is released, they’ll go ahead with the road ahead.
  • Rhetoric is rhetoric, but assumption is assumption. There was no baiting, there is nothing to suggest a removed post was driven by a particular person.

Facts are facts, lets bring this conversation back to those please.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Rhetoric is rhetoric, but assumption is assumption. There was no baiting, there is nothing to suggest a removed post was driven by a particular person.

Facts are facts, lets bring this conversation back to those please.

I agree. @Kyno is actually doing something here. This is not the communication we expect but at least there is something.

I am a lot more annoyed by the lack of response from CG on this issue.

Ok they don’t have to tell us anything if they don’t want to and we can choose not to spend money if we don’t want to.

Since the communication is that bad I am not spending a dime in the game anymore.
    This is my way of protesting. It is pointless I know but it gives my the impression of control lol
  • dabro126 wrote: »
    The only increased communication I have seen is on Reddit and when tophat graciously answered questions after the ns debacle.

As I have said before it’s talking in a circle. There will never be increased communication. 3 years playing this game and this is something always promised and never delivered.

I like Carrie a lot. Her words feel true and honest. I enjoy What she says as a leader. But this is still bad. There is plenty to talk about. There’s always something to talk about when it comes to this game.

It’s not about the forums being crazy and unsatisfied. The devs are on Reddit. They’re good. They know the internet.

Increased communication is a failure, again.

Her words feel true and honest?
    Questions for you. Who promised more communication and in a more professional manner? Who delivers the road ahead?

Deserving clarification especially when talking about communication lol - when she speaks about her passion for the game and how she wants it to succeed and be enjoyable - I believe it and feel she is being true.
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Road ahead ?
    <.< | >.> | <.< | >.>
    seems like there is nothing ahead, no road, no trail, only forest, grim-grim forest.
    devs, are we doomed? give us a sign.... (without server issues, thank you :# )
  • ...what if this means no new content is coming? And that’s why there is no road ahead? This game is being abandoned?
    What if they just tried to cash in on Revan before abandoning this game?
    I AM the High Ground
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    ...what if this means no new content is coming? And that’s why there is no road ahead? This game is being abandoned?
    What if they just tried to cash in on Revan before abandoning this game?

I think they still have hangover from the Revanue’s party. They need to collect themselves and drink some water...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    As moderator you forfeit your right to an opinion and constantly going against the community thoughts makes you look like a baiter. Then you delete post to cover yourself further making you look bad. @EA_Cian again
    Ps screen shot

I am still aloud to have an opinion and i have no need to cover myself, I have done nothing wrong.

nothing is deleted. its all just pulled out to spots where only we (the mod team) can see things. he will get the tags and be able to read your statements for himself.

"Aloud" lol

Allowed. Quietly.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ps screen shot

"Aloud" lol

Allowed. Quietly.

Nothing like a quiet riot, eh?
  • Vanitas
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The fact with the road ahead being late all has to do with everybody that kept whining about the marquee characters.
    I think Chewie originally was meant for November but was pulled to September and the same thing goes for Revan (December but pulled to October). This also is the reason why the farming period for Revan was so tight.

We (as a community) single handedly did this and now the developers need more time to create a "new" road ahead.
    This is my speculation..

So please guys, play the game and let the road ahead come when it is ready.
  • I recon we are going to get a rework of some kind. Personally I am just going to carry on tweaking my arena team and farming my Old Republic characters. Revan shall be mine ha haha. Luckily I have a 7*/gear 12 Bastila so the grind shouldn't be that bad.
    I would have started farming the Old Republic earlier except for those pesky Veterans that I needed to 7* so I could do the Mary Sue event.
  • Yawn.... status quo.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Me waiting for the road Ahead

0kgd95wgttzy.jpeg
  • Vanitas wrote: »
    The fact with the road ahead being late all has to do with everybody that kept whining about the marquee characters.
    I think Chewie originally was meant for November but was pulled to September and the same thing goes for Revan (December but pulled to October). This also is the reason why the farming period for Revan was so tight.

We (as a community) single handedly did this and now the developers need more time to create a "new" road ahead.
    This is my speculation..

We didn’t do anything, they chose what to release and when. They also chose to make the road ahead post quarterly, so regardless of what anyone says, it’s late.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Maybe this is a new economic model : pay to wait !
  • Vanitas wrote: »

This is my speculation..

This ridiculous delay and silence is the only thing I’ve ever complained about in this game
    I AM the High Ground
  • On the road again, I just can’t wait to get on the road again, the life I love is playin Star Wars with my friends, and I can’t wait to get on the road again...

Revan was cool and fun, but for the 90% of the players who didn’t get him, including me, do we have anything else to look forward to in this quarter?
  • CG has been 100% better in terms of information and community engagement in the past year compared to prior. The road ahead will come. I too am waiting, but patiently. Play the guessing game! Wait for one of @CG_SBCrumb teaser posts we all love so much! Jedi Luke, DS Revan, C3P0 (i hope), maybe another journey for scoundrels? New droids? Toons based on that new cartoon like they did with phoenix? TW changes? (please!). I would rather wait for a road ahead announcement that is on point and ready vs a dreaded-"August!"
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ithilix wrote: »
    On the road again, I just can’t wait to get on the road again, the life I love is playin Star Wars with my friends, and I can’t wait to get on the road again...

Revan was cool and fun, but for the 90% of the players who didn’t get him, including me, do we have anything else to look forward to in this quarter?

Slo pony
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Hello Mr @CG_SBCrumb

It is me again. Any hope for something tonight ?
    A hint ? A puzzle ? A maze ?

The waiting is rough.

Love bro.
  • Germi wrote: »
    Hello Mr @CG_SBCrumb

The waiting is rough.

Love bro.
    Don't worry I'm working on a new one but it's not quite ready yet :)
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Hello Mr @CG_SBCrumb

The waiting is rough.

Love bro.

Can’t wait!
    b0k2svh0p8nb.gif
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Hello Mr @CG_SBCrumb

The waiting is rough.

Love bro.
    A response! Hallelujah! And I don't wanna be the guy that gets what he wants then asks for more, but @CG_SBCrumb , is there a time we can expect it? Is good to know it's coming, but the when is pretty important too
This discussion has been closed.