Bay Area, CA Focus Test

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2018
Hi Holotable Heroes,

Are you in the San Francisco Bay Area and want to share your opinion about Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?
We’re looking for active players who live near Walnut Creek, California for an in person Focus Test around the end of October. These events typically occur in the evening after work hours and last about 90 minutes, but more information will be provided closer to the event.
Requirements:
  • Have an account Level 70 or higher
  • Currently playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes daily
  • Haven't participated in market research in the past 4 months
How to Participate:
Send me (CG_SBCrumb) a direct message on the forums with “Focus Test” in the title at the top of the message. Please include the following information:
  • Full Name
  • Ally Code
  • Are you willing to participate in person for a Focus Test in Walnut Creek?
  • Are you willing to participate in an online Focus Test?

UPDATE:
Hi folks, Thank you for the TONS of responses. It's taking me a bit to respond to everyone but you should have a time and location. We will be doing this Focus test in person but there will be more opportunities (and online ones) in the future.

If you have not already, please respond if this time will work for you and I'll send out final confirmation this afternoon of who was picked.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• So only if you live in or plan to be in the area or if you are just available since you also mention doing it online?
  • Done. Thank you for the consideration.
  • This sounds great, I'd love to attend
  • Sent, thanks for the opportunity!
  • Lol why not SF? Walnut Creek is gross.
  • Sent thanks for consideration
  • Sent in; Thanks a lot!
  • Sent, looking forward to it!
  • I'm pretty sure I did it. Couldn't figure out how to add a subject line, so I just put it in the first line of the DM. *shrugs*
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @CG_SBCrumb applied.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Pretty cool opportunity. Good stuff.

Shame I'm not in the area.
  • Hey Ultra actually he asked if we would want to join on line as well
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    After you look at my account and see how much I’ve spent with you guys and gals I would think you would fly me out and put me up in a hotel. Just saying. Lol
  • Thank you for the opportunity to try and participate
  • come to vegas next time.
  • Come to the UK next time! :-)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Pretty cool opportunity. Good stuff.

Shame I'm not in the area.

This. :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I did it. Couldn't figure out how to add a subject line, so I just put it in the first line of the DM. *shrugs*

this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • doesn't seem to be a way to title a DM??
  • Any chance you'll come to the Midwest? :D

I would call/text/email/skype/whatever to participate in this :disappointed:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    114 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Any chance you'll come to the Midwest? :D

I would call/text/email/skype/whatever to participate in this :disappointed:

Lolly pop 🤣🤣🤣
  • Anybody hear back about this?
  • Southern AZ here, would love to be a tester. :)
  • RxDealer88 wrote: »
    Anybody hear back about this?

I did.
  • Would like to test Raven, will you have him ready by the end of October?
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If we can do this online ... why do we have to live near Walnut Creek?

( yes there's a good reason that I'm missing, it just seems a shame is all... )
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »

It can't be done online. Focus testing means playing it right in front of someone who's asking you questions and collecting feedback as you're playing. They need to be there so they can see what you're doing and ask why you're doing it. Like, if they want you to playtest and event, they'll ask why you chose the team you chose for the event and what you like about the characters you picked and what might make you want to pick someone else next time.

Or if there's a new feature they want you to find, they'll just let you scroll around until you find it and then ask you what drew your eye to it, and so on.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Live in Oakley, Ca. Message has been sent.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »

It can't be done online. Focus testing means playing it right in front of someone who's asking you questions and collecting feedback as you're playing. They need to be there so they can see what you're doing and ask why you're doing it. Like, if they want you to playtest and event, they'll ask why you chose the team you chose for the event and what you like about the characters you picked and what might make you want to pick someone else next time.

Or if there's a new feature they want you to find, they'll just let you scroll around until you find it and then ask you what drew your eye to it, and so on.

See, that's about what I figured, but I was confused by this last line of the original post:

"Are you willing to participate in an online Focus Test?"

It doesn't really matter, since I live very not near Walnut Creek, lol.