Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• This has potential, all I ask is that it isn't made for the whales like everything else.. I love this game and have been playing for about 2 years but **** you really spoil those whales, sure they spend money and you need money but still, things like the revan event aren't cool at all
  • Please make rewards: stun guns, biotech implants, and salt in bacta gel.
  • This sounds awesome! Can't wait for this. Only time I look forward to is tw, now I have my own mini tw! Just awesome, can't wait to win :D
  • This has potential, all I ask is that it isn't made for the whales like everything else.. I love this game and have been playing for about 2 years but **** you really spoil those whales, sure they spend money and you need money but still, things like the revan event aren't cool at all

Well when the whales keep the devs employed why wouldn't things benefit them? There is no harm in not being the top dog. Play and have fun. It feels good to work hard to get a toon. I dont complain about not getting a toon I did not work or pay for. Sheesh.
  • Lewisuk57 wrote: »
    Can we get a poll and boycot this but we need everyone

Sheesh. Where is the dislike button. Get over yoursef.
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    How much time will be given per round and what is the total amount of time per Event?
  • DadKev wrote: »
    Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

I dont understand the negative comments either.

Then your a fool..... Wait ou will find out why.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

Then your a fool..... Wait ou will find out why.

Nice English there buddy. I will love every bit of this change.
  • Immediate concern is, how much time per day is this going to take? I took it easy last week and my screen time was down 37% to just 3.5 hours per day...amazingly, and perhaps disturbingly, that's not even an exaggeration.

Point is, for a mobile game there's already some fairly hefty time commitments involved in the game if you're part of an active guild. Has this been considered? What about offsetting time required with some QoL shortcuts elsewhere to compensate?
    We hear you, the time commitment was another big topic we examined closely with this feature. We don't want this to turn into hours and hours of work. This should be a fun way to compete with players of a similar level
  • Will there be a new store, where you spend Grand Arena tokens?
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb
    How much time will be given per round and what is the total amount of time per Event?
    We will have more details in the future on this but you'll have 24 hours to battle your opponent. This is so players around the world can all have a chance to attack even if they are in completely different time zones.

1. This is another major time sink.
    2. This puts certain people at a major disadvantage (who focus on guild stuff or raids)
    3. This will be full of bugs (you know it)
    4. This is uncalled for. (we want so many other things instead)
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb
    We will have more details in the future on this but you'll have 24 hours to battle your opponent. This is so players around the world can all have a chance to attack even if they are in completely different time zones.
    So each instance would take 3 days correct?
  • oh goody, they took the worst aspect of the game and made more of it! can't wait to not play.

Because many people really don't like TW to begin with, and now they are expanding on it. Unfortunately with every game mode you need to participate or fall so far behind as to not even bother playing anymore, so we are stuck playing more of what we don't want to.

I'm sorry, but I haven't liked anything Carrie has done yet.
  • Arus
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What are the reward diffenences between win and loss? @CG_SBCrumb

I hope it's not that big, we play games for fun, please don't make it stressful, winners should only gain honor and satisfation, instead of too much recourses advantage.
    I'll like to see something like the tw reward system, even you loss you won't be lossing too much rewards.
  • Seems amazing. Devteam, please ignore the ungrateful ranters, you are doing great. This has the potential to be some true 1 VS 1 strategic PVP where the current arena fails a little bit in my opinion (the payout change will be huge to at least accomodate better with the format and work/family hours). I am very happy to read you are checking the matchmaking, this has really been an issue, the game does not seem to look for basic parameters like number of zetas, legendary unlocks, etc. It might as well do a simple GP comparison, that would be fairer and reward the guilds/players with the most focused and clever GP allocation between the toons. :)
    @CG_SBCrumb

Make sure to not show the wins until, the grand arena is completely over. If it’s shown, most likely most players will wait till he last minute to fight. Then it beats the purpose of having a 24 hr limits.
  • Joker41NAM wrote: »
    Yet another time-sink, in a game that already requires way too much time.

Not sure how it takes too much time! Your dailys can be done in under 5 mins! Theres an auto pilot button if you're busy in real life! If you enjoy the game just play it if you don't enjoy go play chess and let us know how long that game takes lol

Not sure how it takes too much time! Your dailys can be done in under 5 mins! Theres an auto pilot button if you're busy in real life! If you enjoy the game just play it if you don't enjoy go play chess and let us know how long that game takes lol

Please tell me how you complete 2 arena matches in 5 minutes.
    Given that it has a start timer of 10 minutes...
  • Looking forward to this and more old republic content! Keep up the great work and please don't listen to the negativity from part time players
    This sounds really awesome. For anyone that likes TW this is exciting. @CG_SBCrumb any more info on potential prizes?
    Not yet but there will definitely be something cool for players in Grand Arena
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I hope the player matching algorithm is better than the guild TW algorithm.
    We have been working on this exact issue. It will be very important for matchmaker to feel even and fair for this mode.
    Also TW's algorithm is being reexamined as well.

Lol a month late on the road ahead because stuff wasnt ready, and you still have zero detail you can give us on prizes or ETA?

I'm starting to think "ran into some issues to sort out" meant no one had any ideas for the next road ahead...

Kind of a straw man argument. If you try to rebut an argument at least try to use logic. Or go the other way and go extreme, like you think this takes to long try making peace in the middle east and see how long that takes. It is nonsense, but at least you would have tried.
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    People who dislike this are people who are annoyed with a game mode that is two days of work (and coordinating fifty people for officers) to reach a decision that is decided 0.2 seconds after the join phase ends and the matchmaker kicks in. You are matched with a guild that you will either walk all over or get absolutely destroyed by with absolutely no chance of winning. I think there's been maybe one or two actually close TWs since we started.

I'm sure the devs are working really hard on it, and I'm sure people will have fun with it, but I'm not very excited to see my absolutely least favorite part of the game get a sequel.
  • Cool concept for those who are interested.

Aslong as there's an option to auto set or just ignore it completely I'm fine with it. I barely do my two battles a day to finish my daily activities. Can't imagine this is going to draw me in.

• JaggedJ wrote: »
    Cool concept for those who are interested.

Aslong as there's an option to auto set or just ignore it completely I'm fine with it. I barely do my two battles a day to finish my daily activities. Can't imagine this is going to draw me in.

Can I ask what part of the game you actually play/enjoy?