Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• I dont understand how anyone can cheat in this game but if its posible i would like a permanent ban for those who do that .

It's always those Android players. Apple Master Race! :)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Can you clarify how this affects their arena rank? Are they removed from arenas, so they aren't blocking other players from moving up?

The removal from arenas is a separate task. We felt the priority was to get as many of these hackers out of the game as quickly as possible.

Once we've finished the sweep we will evaluate the need for more actions to knock them out of shard top spots.

LD
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    :D cant wait to see the thread pop up “I got banned and dont know why” :D hopefully those bans come with ip blocks

I'm pretty sure most hackers know how proxies work :)
  • In the terms it doesnt say permanent says can be a suspension.
  • Shocking that a certain guild got banned.
  • Shocking.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    DarkBlade wrote: »
    I believe the phrase we’re looking for is:

Wipe them out, all of them.
    tumblr_pbkzlmTilQ1vjdt8po3_400.gif

• No really, I'm shocked.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    What are proper steps to washing a blaster?
    Don't do it yourself.

Pay $29.99 to EA to rinse it. Each rinsing will clean 5% of the blaster with a chance of 100%

You forgot the Chewy shard... we've included 1 with every blaster cleaned!

After all, it is the season of giving.

But for reals... thanks for playing.

LD
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    No really, I'm shocked.

I'm shocked!

• So if removing them from a game is Top Priority. Why wouldn’t removing them from arena as well ? Why would phantom people still be able to collect rewards?
    Can you clarify how this affects their arena rank? Are they removed from arenas, so they aren't blocking other players from moving up?

The removal from arenas is a separate task. We felt the priority was to get as many of these hackers out of the game as quickly as possible.

Once we've finished the sweep we will evaluate the need for more actions to knock them out of shard top spots.

LD

• Leave the blaster , take the Cannolis .
  • Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

For the most part yes.

In the past we've tried to rehabilitate these types of abuses with intricate and severe account adjustments... but with so many this go round we're just going to a perma-ban.

We may entertain reevaluations in a few months, but I can not emphasize enough how low of a priority it is to set aside time to accommodate cheaters. They cheated, they're gone.

LD
  • Z2gop wrote: »
    So if removing them from a game is Top Priority. Why wouldn’t removing them from arena as well ? Why would phantom people still be able to collect rewards?
    Can you clarify how this affects their arena rank? Are they removed from arenas, so they aren't blocking other players from moving up?

LD

Because of the decision of what to do with that spot. As it stands, it will be an NPC team to go hit until it is no longer relevant.
  • Amen
    In the terms it doesnt say permanent says can be a suspension.

think of it as a suspension that lasts a really, really long time.
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The real problem is people using third party apps client side. I'd say third party crystal buying is the least of their worries, but the client side third party app foolery is very hard to validate due to the way the current system is set up. That being said @CG_LucifersDaddy has been instrumental in removing these types of cheaters from my shard in the past.
  • Wow, the hell is frozen.
    I never expected that this could happen.
    All the ... Cheaters will be punished. I can't believe it.
    Best news since a long time for me.
    Play fair, play hard!

An indefinite suspension, as it were.
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy Any way to give guild leaders/officers a heads up so we can look for replacements?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • This explains the 105k gp revan squad thats in the 200s in my shard
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    Keithkia wrote: »

An indefinite suspension, as it were.

It has to be indefinite imo. Keep up the great work!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy Any way to give guild leaders/officers a heads up so we can look for replacements?

You expecting some bans in your guild lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy Any way to give guild leaders/officers a heads up so we can look for replacements?

You expecting some bans in your guild lol.

I better not!
  • Yay. Hopefully goodbye to the random cyrillic names who can mysteriously beat any arena team in 20s.
    That would be third party app users. As I just mentioned in the reply to this post, I've had several members of our shard removed. They like to use cyrillic characters as their IGN and change them frequently. The best way I've found is to heavily document their account with several screenshots. It takes them some time, but eventually they're gone.

• CaptainRex wrote: »

Just look at the daily 600s. If they're not contributing, that's a possible sign.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct @CG_LucifersDaddy ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater who i reported and responded from lucifer
  • DarkBlade wrote: »
    I believe the phrase we’re looking for is:

Wipe them out, all of them.

Destroy them all...

Finish Them wait not Star Wars but line fits the moment
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Keithkia wrote: »

I like it. A life time suspension. So if they die and come back to life will the suspension be lifted?
This discussion has been closed.