Scheduled Update 2/27/2019 and March Event Calendar [MEGA]

Replies

• Btw, I love the move to no longer ban characters and add more GA (even if it doesn’t mean more overall rewards). Thanks for that.

My only recommendation would be to reduce the buffs a little bit. I’d rather see something more like the Geos just getting Industry of War and that’s it. That alone is a pretty huge buff, and while it might not allow them to beat Traya or something, it would still make them very good.

Still, overall positive update IMO.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Btw, I love the move to no longer ban characters and add more GA (even if it doesn’t mean more overall rewards). Thanks for that.

My only recommendation would be to reduce the buffs a little bit. I’d rather see something more like the Geos just getting Industry of War and that’s it. That alone is a pretty huge buff, and while it might not allow them to beat Traya or something, it would still make them very good.

Thanks for the feedback. We tried with just the Industry of War ability and in testing, they were still getting wrecked but we shall see when the community get their hands on it! Definitely bring a teammate that can call assists or allow the Geos to counter.
  • Where is this calendar? The link takes me to an Asian site or February calendar. Why
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    k8569g61axhh.png

Anyone see the kit for Legendary Sloan? He looks amazing! It’s about time we started seeing more EU characters in SWGOH. Well done! ;)
  • I went to school with a Sloan Kettering.
  • The devs are trolling us per usual.
  • How bad is it when the calendar cant be released correctly..... sometimes, the mocking is deserved.
  • Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    How bad is it when the calendar cant be released correctly..... sometimes, the mocking is deserved.

I believe there is more to their reasoning of releasing it that way than we are aware of so far. Also I was kind of hoping for Chewbacca to be near the end of March. Guess I will have to wait until April.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Btw, I love the move to no longer ban characters and add more GA (even if it doesn’t mean more overall rewards). Thanks for that.

Thanks for the feedback. We tried with just the Industry of War ability and in testing, they were still getting wrecked but we shall see when the community get their hands on it! Definitely bring a teammate that can call assists or allow the Geos to counter.

What did bulldog have to do to get his feedback recognized?? You have a few threads 30 + pages deep that are just ignored.
  • @Obi1_son my guess is the person wasn't just complaining about how this or that update didn't fit his or her demands...
    @Suprème_Lèader_Tsao lol, I loved the "Omega Battle - Nisis, Java" 😂
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

What did bulldog have to do to get his feedback recognized?? You have a few threads 30 + pages deep that are just ignored.

Bulldog's done quite a lot actually, lol.
    If anything the stuff he's done makes it more surprising that he got noticed. Considering he told us about CLS's interactions and how its better to not gear C3po :D
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Man do I miss when bonuses were just fun things that slightly made you better and were not op for no reason at all other then to make us waste resources on bad characters that are useless in every other aspect of the game.

Giving Geo's a double annihilate. lol. With constant foresight and a buff that makes them super tanky. Gonna be great fun.

And back to waiting for the Chalendar to be on an English site not ruined with advertisements.

You know what's fun? Having brought up Soldier, Spy, and Sun Fac to g12 and Poggle to g11 months ago because they're actually pretty useful in a variety of places and exceptionally good in fleet. But what's even more fun, you might say the most fun, is when I read the complaints of folks who have only ever worked on their roster based on what some website told them to do because now the game is givin them a tiny fragment of an imposition.

You get better rewards in raids, in arena, and grand arena. We get so little, but you get offended when we get even this tiny bit of a bone thrown to us. Thanks, man.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Leytuhas wrote: »
    Why would I click on an add laden 90s design website for information?

How do you know what's on the website if you don't click?

Why not just be an adult and wait patiently two more days?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »

Bulldog's done quite a lot actually, lol.
    If anything the stuff he's done makes it more surprising that he got noticed. Considering he told us about CLS's interactions and how its better to not gear C3po :D

Rofl. I actually made a really hard push to get into the game changer program before I released that video because I was worried I might not be thought of too highly after it was out. Obviously it was to no avail.

I wonder if they would approve more if I released a full solo using a max C3PO...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Man do I miss when bonuses were just fun things that slightly made you better and were not op for no reason at all other then to make us waste resources on bad characters that are useless in every other aspect of the game.

Giving Geo's a double annihilate. lol. With constant foresight and a buff that makes them super tanky. Gonna be great fun.

And back to waiting for the Chalendar to be on an English site not ruined with advertisements.

You know what's fun? Having brought up Soldier, Spy, and Sun Fac to g12 and Poggle to g11 months ago because they're actually pretty useful in a variety of places and exceptionally good in fleet. But what's even more fun, you might say the most fun, is when I read the complaints of folks who have only ever worked on their roster based on what some website told them to do because now the game is givin them a tiny fragment of an imposition.

You get better rewards in raids, in arena, and grand arena. We get so little, but you get offended when we get even this tiny bit of a bone thrown to us. Thanks, man.

I guess I’m the other way around. I have the 3 Geos with a ship nearly maxed. Even have some G12+ gear on them. That’s actually one reason I don’t like the buffs this strong. How much of an advantage am I going to get here? All they need to do is survive one turn. G9 Geos can do that against most squads with those buffs. G12 is just overkill.
  • О_о my San Fac has 70k protection. With 3 other geos he will have about 300k. And this bombardment thingy will make only him pain in the neck...
  • Capwit wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb
    Thanks for the upcoming schedule.

What my real concern is, why has no dev responded to the red hot thread that is the Finn nerf with stern language of no zeta refund?

The Finn zeta has been around for 2 years plus, and cg is on record saying his leadership is working as intended and the problem is in the interaction with the Sith raid (we're now seeing 2 new teams or characters that have problematic interactions with p3 as well in cls and droideka). Additionally, the precedent has already been set when major changes like this happen, namely zarriss and daka (who wasn't even primarily affected).

To drop a bombshell on the way out the door on a Friday that you're going to change a long standing, heavily invested character with no option of zeta refund and still not address it to date (even though that forum page has 36 pages to date of venomous outrage, largely in part to the communication and handling) is more distressing than all this disappointing grievous business to me. I hope you and your team make this right by either rethinking the Finn leadership nerf or rework, whichever you prefer, or by allowing us the opportunity to get our investment of time and resources back (namely just the zeta). Also, a little communication goes a long way as was proven here, and if you haven't noticed yet you'd need a riot shield you walk into that room at this point due to the neglect.

An afterthought, I'm far far away from free to play, but this particular issue has me on a spending freeze, as it concerns me that my investments are not only short of keeping me relevant, but subject to change without refund at any moment according to @CG_TopHat

You may have seen me post this in other threads, and I plan to continue until it is addressed.

Respectfully,
    A farmer looking for a new hope

And this is how you complian respectfully. Lots of respect to you! A lot of people need to learn from this, you dont have to threaten CG to make a message come across well
  • Looks like that kinda site you want to stay away from...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

I guess I’m the other way around. I have the 3 Geos with a ship nearly maxed. Even have some G12+ gear on them. That’s actually one reason I don’t like the buffs this strong. How much of an advantage am I going to get here? All they need to do is survive one turn. G9 Geos can do that against most squads with those buffs. G12 is just overkill.

Exactly my point. Like the bugs are going to have hundreds of hundreds of protection while constantly dodging and being able to one shot 2 of anything. Could have just kept the one shot and things would be fine, but then they went overboard with the prot/health/foresight gains.

Its not really about making a squad "Viable" when they go overboard like this. Luckily the AI is not too smart with Ewoks or that whole 0 cd thing could have been much worse.

Don't see how the AI could mess this one up though, unless they manage to bug it out on defence and the Geo's don't use the ability. Gonna be funny having to use like a CLS/Han squad to squash bugs. bugsbugsbugs :D

Why not just rework the squad and make them viable that way? Seem to be able to rework toons quite fast these days. Then at least the squad would be more viable everywhere at lower gear levels, not just when a random tw gives them overbuffs.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, the first suitable gap in legendaries starts 3/21, but I don't think Darth Revan/Malak would drop that late. On the other hand, such a grand event definitely warrants a clear calendar window, so hopefully it doesn't drop right now...
    My suspicion is that they are going to use the whole "dates are subject to change" thing to muddy the waters and it will actually drop instead of either C-3PO or Chimaera/Thrawn.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    Today, 2/27/2019, we have a Scheduled Update to prepare for March.

GENERAL UPDATE NOTES:
    • Added Sith Marauder as Daily Login Character for March

TERRITORY WAR - MARCH BONUSES:
    Clone Troopers
    Army of the Galactic Republic: At the start of battle, Clone Troopers gain 50% Health, 50% Protection, 50% Offense, and 50% Defense for each Clone Trooper ally. Clone Troopers gain 100% Critical Chance and 100% Critical Damage while they have no debuffs. When they attack out of turn, Clone Troopers dispel all debuffs on other Clone Trooper allies, dispel all buffs on the target enemy, and gain 20% Turn Meter.

Geonosians - NEW!
    Industry of War: At the start of battle, Geonosians gain 35% Max Health and 70% Max Protection for each other Geonosian ally. When a Geonosian ally uses an ability, they gain Foresight for 1 turn.

Heavy Artillery: Call heavy artillery to destroy target enemy and another random enemy, which can't be evaded. When a Geonosian ally uses an ability, they reduce this ability's cooldown by 1. This cooldown can't be reduced any other way, is shared across all Geonosian allies, and starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 3)

Developer Insight:
    Being an industrious race, the Geonosians are constantly constructing weapons of war. With Industry of War, Geonosian warriors can call on the worker drones to build these war machines (the cooldown reduction mechanic) and use them to rain destructive fire on enemies.

MARCH EVENT PREVIEW:

DISCLAIMER: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Want to learn more about what’s coming up in the Month of March for SWGOH? Head on over to Gaming-Fans.com

ログインキャラ、イベントの詳細スケジュールを日本語でご覧になりたい方は
    http://swgoh.blog.jp/ を御覧ください。

DEV POST

Is there any news on when any of the User Interface changes are going to happen, squad selector etc? They were the bits I liked the most out of the road ahead map, but none as of yet.
  • Jowy
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    You have the table format in wookieenews (link in the original post) :)
  • LukeP16 wrote: »
    Capwit wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb

What my real concern is, why has no dev responded to the red hot thread that is the Finn nerf with stern language of no zeta refund?

The Finn zeta has been around for 2 years plus, and cg is on record saying his leadership is working as intended and the problem is in the interaction with the Sith raid (we're now seeing 2 new teams or characters that have problematic interactions with p3 as well in cls and droideka). Additionally, the precedent has already been set when major changes like this happen, namely zarriss and daka (who wasn't even primarily affected).

To drop a bombshell on the way out the door on a Friday that you're going to change a long standing, heavily invested character with no option of zeta refund and still not address it to date (even though that forum page has 36 pages to date of venomous outrage, largely in part to the communication and handling) is more distressing than all this disappointing grievous business to me. I hope you and your team make this right by either rethinking the Finn leadership nerf or rework, whichever you prefer, or by allowing us the opportunity to get our investment of time and resources back (namely just the zeta). Also, a little communication goes a long way as was proven here, and if you haven't noticed yet you'd need a riot shield you walk into that room at this point due to the neglect.

An afterthought, I'm far far away from free to play, but this particular issue has me on a spending freeze, as it concerns me that my investments are not only short of keeping me relevant, but subject to change without refund at any moment according to @CG_TopHat

You may have seen me post this in other threads, and I plan to continue until it is addressed.

Respectfully,

And this is how you complian respectfully. Lots of respect to you! A lot of people need to learn from this, you dont have to threaten CG to make a message come across well

Windows 10 make un update do you ask them to refund your money?
  • HershBathens74
    62 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb
    Hi ! Could you please clarify the situation regarding the upcoming TW.
    . Official forum february calendar : "TBD".
    . Official gaming-fans.com march calendar : unlisted.
    . Official wookieenews.com march calendar : "Vanilla".
    . Official swgoh.blog.jp/ website : "Although the TW bonus in March is announced, it is unknown whether this is also included in the start of March 1st day of Japan time (February 28th in Japan). google translated.
    . Today's ingame newsletter : "It's time for Geonosians to get some new unique abilities, and for the return of the Clone Troopers in the next Territory War !"

Very confusing...
    Please note that your help is, and will always be, very much appreciated, you and CG are doing a great job and all the community loves you and aknowledge your hard work. You're the best !enaccord9.gif

Cheers.

PS : Also could you please confirm that Darth Revan is coming on the 21st... gyij4wzxlh9s.gif

Post edited by HershBathens74 on
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    LukeP16 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb

Respectfully,

Windows 10 make un update do you ask them to refund your money?

If you can no longer run any programs & game but Minesweeper was in 3D and super fast, yeah, I'd ask them to refund me. ZFinn rework nerf is exactly like that
  • LukeP16 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb

Respectfully,

A very well written complaint...... which will be ignored just as the negative complaints are
  • So will assists count as an ability use to cooldown the geos ability?
This discussion has been closed.