where are the „modified round rewards“ in the grand arena?

Prev1
jedibaer71
575 posts Member
edited March 2019
just got my normal reward for the first round: 12 „impulsmodulator typ2“

i thought they would give us something special or extra as a compensation for my panic-moding and re-moding of my heroes for the grand arena, that was canceled.

the preparation of my heroes was for nothing, but not for free!

don‘t get me wrong, mistakes happen and canceling the ga was ok, if many players didn‘t have the chance to join. but why should i lose credits?

and they made a posting with the „modified rewards“?

so where they are?
Post edited by jedibaer71 on

Replies

• jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    lol

statler & waldorf

yes, it seems that the case is in need of an explanation...

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Asking now.
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    They modified it from getting something to getting nothing, so true to their word heh
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @kyno thanks!
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    The system was still going to send round rewards to everyone who signed up for the canceled event on the 5th even though we were rescheduling to later in the week. Many players did not get a chance to sign up because of the overlap of events so we reduced round rewards for the canceled event to 1 credit in order to give everyone a fair chance to sign up and get rewards later in the week. That was what was referred to as the modified round rewards. There are no extra rewards added to the following Grand Arenas.

Apologies for the confusion
  • rhfgsfo7yc7y.png
    Original message. It seemed pretty clear that modified round rewards were being applied to the rescheduled one. You guys seriously need to work on your communication.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    The system was still going to send round rewards to everyone who signed up for the canceled event on the 5th even though we were rescheduling to later in the week. Many players did not get a chance to sign up because of the overlap of events so we reduced round rewards for the canceled event to 1 credit in order to give everyone a fair chance to sign up and get rewards later in the week. That was what was referred to as the modified round rewards. There are no extra rewards added to the following Grand Arenas.

• The message is also outright wrong for some people. If you never signed up for the GA that got cancelled, you will still get this message that told you that you were getting modified round rewards.
  • @CG_SBCrumb thanks for the explanation.

but to make it short:
    the credits i spent for mod-changing are lost...
    to take away six 6* mods cost more/less 70k credits
    for a team with 5 heroes 350k credits
    all return once more 350k credits

wasn‘t a good idea to change my arena-mods from jedi to sith... :-(
  • Should have just kept the original ga going. At least I was going to win that grouping.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member

What what what.... this explanation makes 0 sense.... how does reducing rewards on the cancelled event to 1 credit "compensate" anyone for the inconvenience.
  • I gotta say, I thought we were getting rewards. I really had no idea what to expect, and I guess crumb just said we got 1 credit (I never saw that much), but the message very much so implied we would be getting something. It would seem like only really the most serious GA people would have been in this one anyway. Shouldn't the dedication to actually pay attention to the timers and the ability to log in have been worth something?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Meh... more than confusing and I didn't even receive such a symbolical 1 Credit, nor did anyone in my guild as far as I know. We were all waiting for any kind of compensation just because of that message we all received.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Same. Message said rewards coming... didnt say only if you joined.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Oh, so it really was round rewards. What a joke
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Noxfire27
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This „explanation“ for the modified GA round rewards is just plain ridicolous and stupid. And 1 credit for compensation? Are you serious?
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Am I missing something? What are you referring to?.... Some context would be nice, or just a more detailed post in general.
  • Sorry, should have been a comment, came out as „Post“....^^‘
  • Sorry but this „explanation“ is just plain ridicolous and stupid. And 1 credit for compensation? Are you serious?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Oh, so it really was round rewards. What a joke
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Sorry but this „explanation“ is just plain ridiculous and stupid. And 1 credit for compensation? Are you serious?

lol it's even worse than I thought. just wow
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2019

lol?

sorry, edit the past two replies together...imo
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    I know... I know.... This is going to sound ABSOLUTELY CRAZY... But....

When you use certain words in a certain order (such as the way you did with the in-game message we all received) it leaves the impression that we will be receiving something. For example...

When you guys say "you" "will" "receive" "modified" "round" "rewards" all in that PARTICULAR order.. You make it sound like we will actually be receiving rewards. Call me crazy but maybe the person who wrote the original in-game message we received needs a quick little English lesson. It's not like you guys used tricky wording that could have been misinterpreted.

You clearly stated.. "You will receive modified round rewards due to the rescheduling of the live Grand Arena. We apologize for the inconvenience"

You guys really need to work on your communication and PR.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

When you use certain words in a certain order (such as the way you did with the in-game message we all received) it leaves the impression that we will be receiving something. For example...

When you guys say "you" "will" "receive" "modified" "round" "rewards" all in that PARTICULAR order.. You make it sound like we will actually be receiving rewards. Call me crazy but maybe the person who wrote the original in-game message we received needs a quick little English lesson. It's not like you guys used tricky wording that could have been misinterpreted.

You clearly stated.. "You will receive modified round rewards due to the rescheduling of the live Grand Arena. We apologize for the inconvenience"

Actually, even if it is not a false statement, once again it is tricky and deceiving.
    Instead of using a word that clearly indicates the impact of the change (e.g. 'You will receive reduced round rewards') they decided to go with a neutral one ('modified') that can and most likely will be misinterpreted. There is a history of such communication (whitewashing negative messages). So I'm pretty sure those PR guys know exactly what they are doing and probably are told to do exactly that. Meaning I would not expect a change to how such notifications are crafted.

Even if they used 'reduced' in this case it would probably still be perceived as misleading. Because reducing to 1 credit is pretty much equal to no rewards at all. If they had the intention to communicate clearly, the only acceptable way would have been to state something along the line 'Round rewards for the cancelled Grand Arena will be removed/reduced to 1 credit' or 'There will be no rewards for the cancelled Grand Arena'.

Conclusion (as others have pointed out in the past). Try to read the worst into such announcements and be pleasantly surprised if it does not turn out as bad.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member

Another example of communication that will make people grumpy dropped on a Friday before CG have the weekend off.
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    vksg wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

Actually, even if it is not a false statement, once again it is tricky and deceiving.
    Instead of using a word that clearly indicates the impact of the change (e.g. 'You will receive reduced round rewards') they decided to go with a neutral one ('modified') that can and most likely will be misinterpreted. There is a history of such communication (whitewashing negative messages). So I'm pretty sure those PR guys know exactly what they are doing and probably are told to do exactly that. Meaning I would not expect a change to how such notifications are crafted.

Even if they used 'reduced' in this case it would probably still be perceived as misleading. Because reducing to 1 credit is pretty much equal to no rewards at all. If they had the intention to communicate clearly, the only acceptable way would have been to state something along the line 'Round rewards for the cancelled Grand Arena will be removed/reduced to 1 credit' or 'There will be no rewards for the cancelled Grand Arena'.

Conclusion (as others have pointed out in the past). Try to read the worst into such announcements and be pleasantly surprised if it does not turn out as bad.

You make some fair points. I guess the jokes on me that I always give CG the benefit of the doubt in these situations.. I really need to stop doing that. I've always been P2P but haven't spent any money on this game in over a month. It feels good honestly. I haven't been at all impressed with their recent decisions.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I don't get how all of you just thought that you'll get something (compensation) for nothing (cancelled event). Are you really that greedy? Yes, you may have lost credits for remodding. But for me that's not the fault of someone else but yours, it's your decision to not have own mods for every character. So stop crying and get over it, everyone - even developers - can make mistakes.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    I don't get how all of you just thought that you'll get something (compensation) for nothing (cancelled event). Are you really that greedy? Yes, you may have lost credits for remodding. But for me that's not the fault of someone else but yours, it's your decision to not have own mods for every character. So stop crying and get over it, everyone - even developers - can make mistakes.

They screwed up with the scheduling, they admitted that. I was perfectly fine with the thought of receiving nothing because it was an honest mistake. However... The in-game message they sent us made it sound like they were going to giving us some type of compensation for their little mistake like in the old days. Sense they have now "clarified" that the message meant nothing and was purposely worded to cause confusion makes people angry. This isn't the first time where poor wording has led to player upset.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Let me get this straight, the system was going to send round rewards for the cancelled event in which no one, not even the players who signed up, could even set a defense, let alone finish the first round? So instead of just not sending out round rewards for rounds that weren't even going to get played you choose to send out a message to notify the players that they will recieved modified round rewards for a GA without specifiying which one (the cancelled one or the rescheduled one) only to actually not send out round rewards for the cancelled GA (which you're now telling us you were referring to with that message) at all which you should have been the plan from the get go?
    You send a message to the player base that you modified rewards which no one is actually going to recieve. chapeau!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    pfffffff
    of course i have six mods on each character, but isn‘t it the „salt“ in this game, to change and try out something? new teams, different mods?
    to surprise your opponent with an extra fast old kylo, while everyone checks the speed of the fo-officer? or a mother talzin with highest damage to kill 2 imperials troopers with her aoe?

i pay more than one million credits for each heroic sith BECAUSE i don‘t have 6* mods for all my teams.
    no problem!
    but if i prepare my teams for grand arena, that was canceled WITHOUT MY FAULT, why should i be worse off than someone, who „missed“ the grand arena?

This discussion has been closed.