Friday Fun Fact

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited May 2019
I've been noticing a good number of Chewbacca portraits in my Arena and in GA but I was curious how many people actually equipped the new Title/Portrait. Our data experts showed me that over 97k players that have equipped the "Loyal Friend" title and the Portrait commemorating Peter Mayhew. That's pretty amazing! Thanks for keeping the memory alive!

Replies

• John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If we make it 100K players will you send out a full MKV stun gun and 3 CW chewie shards?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I've been noticing a good number of Chewbacca portraits in my Arena and in GA but I was curious how many people actually equipped the new Title/Portrait. Our data experts showed me that over 97k players that have equipped the "Loyal Friend" title and the Portrait commemorating Peter Mayhew. That's pretty amazing! Thanks for keeping the memory alive!

Do you always post Friday Fun Facts? If not, you totally should. That'd be a nice, fun little boost of morale.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Do you always post Friday Fun Facts? If not, you totally should. That'd be a nice, fun little boost of morale.
    This is the first time but maybe we can make into something regular. I like cool data!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Let's make this into a thing starting this Friday!
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    I'm more interested in Tuesday Tacos.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

This is the first time but maybe we can make into something regular. I like cool data!
    As do I! Hopefully it does become regular, that'd be real cool! :)
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I didn’t equip the portrait because i use the Padme one, but for 1 day i had set my arena team with the 4 chewies
  • I love this!
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Yeah, I remember when I saw the rough numbers on who unlocked JKR, DR, and Malak the first time around, that was really interesting to see.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    @c

MASSIVE missed oppertunity here for a throwback to original players to not toss out 3 Chewy shards....

I was seriously disappointed and Carrie of all people should have recognized that and made it happen! Small gesture, throwback and community chuckle missed.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Foxer wrote: »
    @c

MASSIVE missed oppertunity here for a throwback to original players to not toss out 3 Chewy shards....

I was seriously disappointed and Carrie of all people should have recognized that and made it happen! Small gesture, throwback and community chuckle missed.

On the one hand, I get it, it would have been funny.

On the other hand, when someone dies is probably not the time to be funny :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Awesome! Keep the fun facts coming!!!
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    The Fun Fact is definitely a great way to engage the community and provide some decent fun.

Personally, I would be curious to know the exact number of zetas for each character in the game or how many G12 Bohdi/Roses exist just for the heck of it.
  • Wearing the portrait proudly. My CWC is still at level 76 where I was when I finished needing him, and I don't recall farming his shards much, shard farming came later. Sitting at 114/100 as I haven't felt the need to 7* that old toon when LegChew makes so much more sense to pump gear into. Pretty sure most of those shards came from bronziums, makegoods and anniversary events.

TLDR, rip Peter, we'll miss you.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    The Fun Fact is definitely a great way to engage the community and provide some decent fun.

Personally, I would be curious to know the exact number of zetas for each character in the game or how many G12 Bohdi/Roses exist just for the heck of it.

@HK22

https://swgoh.gg/ability-report/
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member

Yes please!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

@HK22

https://swgoh.gg/ability-report/

Thanks TVF. SWGOH.GG provides an a solid data set, but it doesn't account for, to my knowledge, all the players that don't use it and its not completely accurate. For example, I zetad General Kenobi the day his zeta came out and it does not show up on my profile. So I am curious how many exist in the game overall, but thanks again.
  • The stats I really want to know - how many HYs and threepios have you killed?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I want to know how many players quit the game with a single rose tico as the squad arena toon
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    If we make it 100K players will you send out a full MKV stun gun and 3 CW chewie shards?

I'd be happier if I could somehow finally 7 star my OG Chewbacca..... help?
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    This thread is a nice idea, would be cool to have regular fun facts like that. :)
    I switched back to my favourite picture, but will keep the title for a while. Do you know if they are planning to add something similar for Leia/Carrie Fisher, maybe after the next movie?
  • Ya this'll be fun for every Friday!
    😀
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I want to know how many players quit the game with a single rose tico as the squad arena toon

Was that a thing?
  • Hantal86 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Was that a thing?

Yes. And a name change of “explicit word + EA/CG”
  • I had one arena opponent not so long back who only had Hermit Yoda and 3PO in their team. As soon as I clicked to fight them the victory screen came on and I was awarded the win instantly.
  • The stats I really want to know - how many HYs and threepios have you killed?

It's not too hard to kill them.Remove their buffs with Ventress or someone and fracture.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    The stats I really want to know - how many HYs and threepios have you killed?

It's not too hard to kill them.Remove their buffs with Ventress or someone and fracture.

Um....
  • I have not, but I will never forget good ol chew.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales