TB: both or choose

Prev13456712
Lazerbeem
90 posts Member
edited June 2019
Do 80 million+ GP guilds run BOTH Geonosis and Hoth TBs at the same time, or will they choose which one they want to do before TB starts and only do the chosen TB? I was unclear about this based on the post.

Replies

• Options
    Concurrently means both will be running at the same time
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Concurrently means both will be running at the same time

You sir are correct. Concurrent means done at the same time, so if they are being done concurrently you will be able to do both. That's what I call a win/win. Unless the new tb is so hard that you cant even get 1 star. Then it's a win/win(still new pve content)/lose(cause you lost)

Edit*
    Definitions mean nothing in the wacky world of SWGOH soooooo...
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Well then your team needs to understand the definition of concurrently.
  • Options
    Knowing this would probably be the answer was why I thought it would be a good idea to ask. :)
  • Options
    Ugh, basic English, guys.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    We have to decide what TB rewards we want now? Thanks to the OP for a great point
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Lazerbeem wrote: »
    Knowing this would probably be the answer was why I thought it would be a good idea to ask. :)

Yup, I guess knowing definitions of words sometimes gets in the way of being able to understand the fine folks at CG. Right @CG_TopHat
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Wait we have to pick which to run? That's ridiculous. Especially in the context of it would be too much TB if it was run every week so they'll run at the same time. What?

EDIT: Also there will be no way to know how far you can get in the beginning so no way to know which will provide better rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

I don't think it was used incorrectly

Both TBs are going to be running at the same time (concurrently) but you can only choose one of the two. As in, the dates will overlap in the monthly calendar
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Both TBs are going to be running at the same time (concurrently) but you can only choose one of the two. As in, the dates will overlap in the monthly calendar

Yeah but as usual they don't explain everything and/or leave one of the most important things up to interpretation. Par for the course.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Regarding the whole "Choose one" I think it is well handled

Its a harder TB so lesser guilds should be doing Hoth rather than wasting time and being frustrated

the 80 million GP requirement is not that high

My question is that is the Geo TB going to be running twice (2x4 days)? TW can be delayed for a day, or run the preview phase / join phase while the second run of Geo TB is happening
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    I also had hoped that they nerfed IPD and ROLO rewards because Geo TB would eventually make up the difference.

Nope.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb So does this mean that we'll be able to do the Geo TB twice a month or will it only run at the same time as the Hoth DS one? (And eventually the LS Geo TB running the same time as the Hoth LS TB).
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Wait we have to pick which to run? That's ridiculous. Especially in the context of it would be too much TB if it was run every week so they'll run at the same time. What?

EDIT: Also there will be no way to know how far you can get in the beginning so no way to know which will provide better rewards.
    That is why there is a GP requiremen

I mean the first pass you can see how far you can get / feedback from other guilds and then decide if you want to continue doing this TB or the other. Its no different than attempting Heroic raid and then falling back and deciding if you guys want to do T5, T6 or try again
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding the whole "Choose one" I think it is well handled

Its a harder TB so lesser guilds should be doing Hoth rather than wasting time and being frustrated

the 80 million GP requirement is not that high

My question is that is the Geo TB going to be running twice (2x4 days)? TW can be delayed for a day, or run the preview phase / join phase while the second run of Geo TB is happening

I don't see why it would. I'm quite sure it will be once, taking four days.

Then again who knows. It could end up being a ship raid on Jakku at this point.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Actually only 1 be running at any given moment, you will have the option to choose which one to run. There will be nothing concurrent for any player in the game. Therefore making it improper use of the word.

• TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options

I mean the first pass you can see how far you can get / feedback from other guilds and then decide if you want to continue doing this TB or the other. Its no different than attempting Heroic raid and then falling back and deciding if you guys want to do T5, T6 or try again

Well other than TB provides fantastic rewards and if you make a mistake you're out 2 weeks rather than a few days...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Serial complainer at it again!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

Actually only 1 be running at any given moment, you will have the option to choose which one to run. There will be nothing concurrent for any player in the game. Therefore making it improper use of the word.
    Both TBs will be running at the same time, as in they have the same start dates

How would you phrase the fact Hoth TB and Geo TB both start at June 1st and we won't have a TW until June 8th. Both TBs are running concurrently server side, aka backend, and in the game. We will be limiting to play one doesn't mean the other isn't running for other guilds or other players

Please tell me how you would phrase this type of system in your own words using one word yourself (concurrently is synonymous with simultaneous)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Well that is about a big of a crock of excrement that you can get. Promised new content but now you have to sacrifice old to participate. So the whole reason they gave for rolo and ipd shard reduction was a total sham. Not too often I get ticked off at this game but this one has done it.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Well other than TB provides fantastic rewards and if you make a mistake you're out 2 weeks rather than a few days...
    Then play safe and do Hoth TB and see what others say about Geo TB before tackling it?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Guess i have to wait to see what the geo tb rewards will be....if there's no G.E.Currency (just geo TB currency)how will we finish Malak?

There is GEC. The prior post said the new rewards will include both.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well that is about a big of a crock of excrement that you can get. Promised new content but now you have to sacrifice old to participate. So the whole reason they gave for rolo and ipd shard reduction was a total sham. Not too often I get ticked off at this game but this one has done it.
    I'd rather have more Geo TB than Hoth TB

Hoth TB is boring at higher GP and knowing that Geo TB has better rewards and new GET Mk II, it would be awful waiting once a month to play Geo TB

The expectation is that if done right, Geo TB should be so good that you don't even want to go back to Hoth TB

You can always choose to play old content so its not a total loss
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I'd rather have more Geo TB than Hoth TB

Hoth TB is boring at higher GP and knowing that Geo TB has better rewards and new GET Mk II, it would be awful waiting once a month to play Geo TB

The expectation is that if done right, Geo TB should be so good that you don't even want to go back to Hoth TB

You can always choose to play old content so its not a total loss

Unfortunately you cant play the old tb concurrently with the new tb as advertised.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:

Lol, well they said concurrently. Let me ask how many TBs will you be running?
  • Options
    I'm confused can 20m+ gp guilds participate in geo tb?
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    I'm confused can 20m+ gp guilds participate in geo tb?

No