To Devs -Extra Character Shards

After a charachter has been promoted to 7* you should kindly give us the option to sell excess shards for credits or something.

Replies

• If I were them, I would prioritize this soon. I know that even though I only have one 7*, I won't buy packs because of the risk of getting shards I can't use.
  • They should eliminate the shards from packs that you can no longer use. It already tracks them by giving reduced shards on repeated drops, so shouldn't be out of the question to make a change eliminating those from the rng pool.
  • They should eliminate the shards from packs that you can no longer use. It already tracks them by giving reduced shards on repeated drops, so shouldn't be out of the question to make a change eliminating those from the rng pool.

I might spend again if they do this
  • Chewdoka wrote: »
    They should eliminate the shards from packs that you can no longer use. It already tracks them by giving reduced shards on repeated drops, so shouldn't be out of the question to make a change eliminating those from the rng pool.

I might spend again if they do this

Nah EA would never eliminate those characters from the pool if you 7 stared them. Why? Because in the long run it would reduce how much money they could potentially make off of you. If promoting a character to max removed them from the pool then you're odds of maxing out or unlocking another character increases until you have all the characters maxed out. So what they will probably do is come up with some other system that does something with those extra shards instead, without removing them. That way someone can't run out of characters to unlock and max out as quickly, meaning more money for EA.
  • I mentioned in my latest FAQ post that we'd be adding a feature to trade in extra shards in the future.

Q: I have a large number of extra character shards that I don’t need anymore, is there anything I can do with them?
    A: In a future update we will be adding a feature that allows players to exchange their extra character shards.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Munkie
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I mentioned in my latest FAQ post that we'd be adding a feature to trade in extra shards in the future.

Q: I have a large number of extra character shards that I don’t need anymore, is there anything I can do with them?
    A: In a future update we will be adding a feature that allows players to exchange their extra character shards.

Right now though if you get additional shards they will vanish, right? Because if the character is promoted to 7 stars because it shows 0/0 for shards. Will the update apply to any shards earned before the update or only after? If it's retroactive then I can spend more money with peace of mind that I won't be losing shards.
  • I would be excited to "exchange" my ewok and temple gaurd shards for more lustrious character shards
  • They don't vanish, they accumulate in the char showing 3/0 or 7/0, as the char cannot be promoted any further.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I mentioned in my latest FAQ post that we'd be adding a feature to trade in extra shards in the future.

Thanks Jesse... I didn't see the Q+A.