CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
3zfeab1jrrg0.jpg

UNIT NAME: Poggle the Lesser
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Leader, Geonosian, Separatist
Support for Geonosian and Separatist allies, with strong offensive synergies

Updated Text Highlighted in Green

Hive Mind: Assist whenever another Geonosian ally uses an ability during his turn, dealing 50% less damage; equalize Health and Protection with Hive Mind allies whenever an enemy uses an ability

ABILITIES:

Basic: Martial Doom
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. This attack deals 10% more damage for each debuffed enemy.

Special 1: Warlord's Resolve (Cooldown 4)
FINAL TEXT: Poggle dispels all debuffs on all allies and gains 4% Turn Meter for each debuff dispelled. Grant all Separatist allies Offense Up for 3 turns. Then, call another target ally to assist.

Leader: Archduke
FINAL TEXT: Separatist allies have +30% Offense. Droid allies recover 10% Health whenever they attack out of turn or damage a Target Locked enemy.

Unique 1: Hive Tactics
FINAL TEXT: Poggle has +5% Evasion for each other ally with Hive Mind. Separatist allies without Hive Mind have +25% Offense, and gain an additional 25% Offense for each defeated ally.
Hive Mind bonus: Geonosian allies remove 1% Turn Meter from target enemy whenever they attack out of turn.

Replies

• poggle "no more" the lesser

;-)
  • How the weak rise!!! POGGLE!!!!!!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    There is a group cleanse. And TM removal?
    Hmm. They are going to be nasty now.
  • Nice, cleanse and Tm manipulation :) !! That always works :)
  • What gives with the lack of zetas? He and Sun Fac both had room for 1, I've been saving them for a while now!
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    GG teams with Poggle incoming..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • If Poggle is lead and active, Separatist allies without Hive Mind have an additional 55% offense +25% for each defeated ally?? Does Brute count to this bonus when he's defeated and does the bonus go away when he's summoned again?
  • They should have killed Poggle's lead. Now we have like 12 separatists and 7 leaders
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    They should have killed Poggle's lead. Now we have like 12 separatists and 7 leaders

True, but there are 16 droids and only he and HK/Lobot have a droid specific lead that applies to all doids. Removing Poggle's lead takes away 25% of the game's droid specific leadership abilities. That is, if you count GG which only applies to DS droids.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    They should have killed Poggle's lead. Now we have like 12 separatists and 7 leaders

True, but there are 16 droids and only he and HK/Lobot have a droid specific lead that applies to all doids. Removing Poggle's lead takes away 25% of the game's droid specific leadership abilities. That is, if you count GG which only applies to DS droids.

Imagine him leading the easy to get droids for people just starting the game or still early on. Poggle just became a very good leader for early game arena.
  • So I’m not very good when it comes to wording in this game, does Poggle’s unique ability persist even after he’s defeated or does it only take effect when he’s alive? Asking since I don’t have Geonosian Brood Alpha, so I’m trying to fit them into my other separatist squads.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

And we have 10 BH with 10 leaders so what?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    HKFactory wrote: »
    So I’m not very good when it comes to wording in this game, does Poggle’s unique ability persist even after he’s defeated or does it only take effect when he’s alive? Asking since I don’t have Geonosian Brood Alpha, so I’m trying to fit them into my other separatist squads.

I’m pretty sure all uniques expire on death e.g traya’s cleanse stops when she’s killed
  • Rimbol
    14 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

GG won't benefit from the +55% Offense since GG's damage is based on max health and not on offense
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    lladdir wrote: »
    HKFactory wrote: »
    So I’m not very good when it comes to wording in this game, does Poggle’s unique ability persist even after he’s defeated or does it only take effect when he’s alive? Asking since I don’t have Geonosian Brood Alpha, so I’m trying to fit them into my other separatist squads.

I’m pretty sure all uniques expire on death e.g traya’s cleanse stops when she’s killed

I don’t know, a lot of the unique abilities have wording that specifies that the ability stops working when the character is defeated or that, that specific character does whatever in whatever X instance, so I’m just a bit confused as to whether or not that applies here.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Rimbol wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

GG won't benefit from the +55% Offense since GG's damage is based on max health and not on offense

That's why i wrote 'GG teams', B1 and Droideka will benefit a lot from it.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Poggle the Adequate
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• So I’m a big fan of this rework for GA/TW/etc. Subtle changes that will really make the whole squad better. I’ll give props there.

But why not gives us a better leader ability if he’s a forced lead in TB? The lead is still horrible. That’s just an annoying way to make the mission more difficult. If it’s supposed to be difficult then make the enemies tougher instead of forcing us to use a bad lead.
  • Hive mind bonus: Geos removes 1(!!!!!!!!!)% turn meter? Nah, 2% would be more reliable
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Hive mind bonus: Geos removes 1(!!!!!!!!!)% turn meter? Nah, 2% would be more reliable

I think 1 is as reliable as 2. Maybe you meant more effective?
  • Ewolv
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Nice rework
  • So I’m a big fan of this rework for GA/TW/etc. Subtle changes that will really make the whole squad better. I’ll give props there.

But why not gives us a better leader ability if he’s a forced lead in TB? The lead is still horrible. That’s just an annoying way to make the mission more difficult. If it’s supposed to be difficult then make the enemies tougher instead of forcing us to use a bad lead.

This.

This.

Do you guys think the event will be harder or easier after these reworks. Option 1 be forced to use old poggle lead and Geo's , Or option 2 be forced to use new poggle and Geo's .

When people say things like " That’s just an annoying way to make the mission more difficult." When in reality it got easier makes people seem entitled and spoilt.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    So I’m a big fan of this rework for GA/TW/etc. Subtle changes that will really make the whole squad better. I’ll give props there.

The mission is way easier now (granted I didn't have BA last time) so who cares?

If you haven't finished the mission, keep working on your team. That's my plan.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    I'm hoping that the forced poggle leadership there is a placeholder. Maybe for the queen???
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    So I’m a big fan of this rework for GA/TW/etc. Subtle changes that will really make the whole squad better. I’ll give props there.

This.

Do you guys think the event will be harder or easier after these reworks. Option 1 be forced to use old poggle lead and Geo's , Or option 2 be forced to use new poggle and Geo's .

When people say things like " That’s just an annoying way to make the mission more difficult." When in reality it got easier makes people seem entitled and spoilt.

I had the opportunity to attempt it both pre and post rework, with Alpha as the 5th in both cases. The result was almost identical, wiped by aoe in the 4th round. The additional health pool from Alpha lead would more than likely make them more survivable and thus the mission easier - so, back to the initial point, forcing Poggle lead makes the mission more difficult. We can disagree on whether or not that’s a fun or interesting way to make it more difficult.

This.

I had the opportunity to attempt it both pre and post rework, with Alpha as the 5th in both cases. The result was almost identical, wiped by aoe in the 4th round. The additional health pool from Alpha lead would more than likely make them more survivable and thus the mission easier - so, back to the initial point, forcing Poggle lead makes the mission more difficult. We can disagree on whether or not that’s a fun or interesting way to make it more difficult.

I don't think why it's hard holds any weight . Whether it's a forced leader like thrawn or poggle ,or it's a crazy pre loaded TM where trying to survive the first round of punishment is hard enough ,it's apples and oranges you will find threads and posts complaining about it and a bunch of people saying" get good ".

Forcing a lead makes it difficult in many ways where tactics might be used ,more than just having the difficulty ramped up with the opponent.

But it would great to just fly threw all the brand new content without thinking or trying.

This.

I said in my post I’m ok with them making TB or whatever more difficult. I just would rather them not do it in that way. Its just annoying for us to do something like put a zeta on a better Geo lead only to have the game say sorry, we want to make this harder, you have to use a Geo team but can’t use the better lead you spent resources on. Just give us harder enemies so that we can use the team we actually want to use.

This.

Entitled means something you actually deserve as opposed to self-entitled that means something you believe you deserve.

It is an important distinction.