Developer Q&A - 10/2

Prev13456
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2019
Hi Holotable Heroes,

The team is getting ready for the Q&A at 12:30pm PT today. We've got a bunch of questions that we answering already from the survey and hopefully be able to get more questions from the thread live!

Today's Categories:
Who's Here Today:
  • Nick Reinhart/Tophat - Live Producer
  • CG_Erik - Player Lifecycle Producer
  • CG_SvenGG - Sr. Game Designer
  • CG_Vyeking - Creative Director
  • CG_Cyanides - Data Analyst/Lead Product Manager
  • CG_SBCrumb - Community Manager/Puzzle Acolyte

EO7nmOA.jpg

Kicking off in a few minutes! The team is just sitting down and running through questions from the survey and the thread.

EDIT: Adding answers from the team now!

EDIT: About 10 minutes left but we've got a ton of good questions we want to answer so we are going to run longer than normal

EDIT: Thanks for the amazing Q&A folks. Hopefully we answered some of your hard ball questions today. We are going to start wrapping up but I'll post the rest of the responses that I've got so far and let these folks get back to work.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2019
    TOPIC: General Questions

Q: Hi, thanks for the Q&A! Any hope to see the general lag and long loading times between pages resolved?
    • A: CG_Erik - TopHat announced in the State of the Galaxy that we're working on a release next week to address these issues. Keep an eye out for more information from Crumb as we get closer to the release.

Q: When will you implement some new/different game mode where u can use every character you have in some kind of endless mode(galactic war looks quite enticing for such a game mode)/guild pvp mode/sandbox mode. ?
    • A: CG_Erik - I wish I had something more concrete to say, but the team is exploring options around a mode similar to this. There are lots of different ways to approach this problem, and we don't really have any specific details or a timeline to share at this time.

Q: You mentioned last q&a that you were working on feature(s) to help new players grow quicker/reach endgame faster. Any more info on this?
    • A: CG_Erik - The team is actively working on these features and the communications plan that leads up to their release. I expect we'll start sharing details sometime in November.

Q: In the October State of the Galaxy, you said :"We're going to be talking about a feature we've been working on for new players that we think will make the new game experience something that can be better navigated."Are you planning one sort of jedi/padawan system which permits play with a lower and better player?
    • A: CG_Tophat - That type of system was discussed for later this year, but ultimately pushed this out for consideration in a future update. What we're actually angling closer to is taking some of our core events (legendaries, journeys, etc), moving them out of calendar rotation, and instead making them a standing event that players can start to interact with whenever they're ready. Our theory here is that part of the "overwhelmingness" about the new player experience is that there is a ton to do and not all of it is apparent. So much of what is the day in and day out of the game is kind of "inner circle" knowledge that takes a long time to get savvy to. Fundamentally we want players to get better oriented earlier and have a clearer understanding of what the path to success in the game looks like. We're working on some additional pieces to this, but we're not ready to unveil it all.

Q: Caley - What are we going to do now that my laptop is broken??!?!
    • A: Studio - Time to move offices
    CJwc4gQ.jpg

Q: Will there be an effort to manage game balance with the introduction of new characters so there is more diversity at the top of squad arena? I understand the newest legendary characters should be very powerful but playing in arena where 90%+ of the teams are the same for 3-6 months after a legendary/journey character is released is kind of dull (see Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan). Currently, I like the diversity of teams I see now in arena. Relics really helped promote this. Was this your intention?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - Game balance is an ongoing effort that involves us managing the present meta and planning the meta months down the road. This involves a mix of content, economy, and feature changes. I'm glad to hear that the current diversity is to your liking. By using Relics to target the mix of character role and primary stat, we knew we could consistently raise the floor to improve the general health and viability of all characters, with special focus on character types that had fallen behind.

Q: What happened to Leviathan?He was investigating cheating and is now no longer working for CG. Who is handling cheating reports now?
    • A: CG_SBCrumb - Cheating Reports from the forums are primarily handled by Lucifer's Daddy. You can still message Leviathan if you find a cheater but it's better to message Lucifer directly on the forums

Q: How much of the dev team that would normally work on new content for swgoh was diverted to the new project that was announced?
    • A: CG_Tophat - None. I assume this is a question about the "slow down" in content. Making the Territory Battle is a pretty monumental undertaking. We have to model the new units, come up with new kits, and balance tens of combat nodes. We are also starting preliminary ideation on a raid (no promises), finishing work on the Epic Confrontation, and preparing for Episode IX. It's busy here.

Q: When you designed DS Geo TB, was it tuned to G12, G13, or R7?Also, can you tell us to which level LS Geo TB will be tuned?
    • A: CG_Tophat - We tuned DS Geo TB to anticipate relics. And no, we will not tell you the tuning for LS Geo TB (spoiler: relics are required).
    • EDIT: Yikes... this is what happens when you're answering questions quickly! Relics are not "hard" required for LS Geo TB, but the missions are tuned for them. My apologies for the confusion!

Q: Have you ever considered a non-combat related element to the game such as politics, economy, or society? Star Wars heroes were much more than just combatants.
    • A: CG_Vyeking - We always consider story and theme when creating content and features that drive content. In fact, we have a pending feature design that leans into iconic Star Wars stories and themes and uses the stats and powers of your characters to move through these stories. It's farther down the road for us, though definitely on our radar.

Q: The Neutral tag still exists. Any plans to revisit a possible neutral toon or will that tag remain there....taunting us....sometimes I think it moves....but it could just be the wind?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - The short answer is yes, we plan to use it. There are no timelines/plans we are prepared to announce yet.

Q: Have you considered debunking purported leak? I think a lot of community frustration can spin up because people put stock in images of unknown origin to fill a void in expectations.
    • A: CG_SBCrumb - I think it's a long and losing battle to try to debunk every swgoh rumor on the internet. Not only would it be very time consuming but I also don't see how this stops devolving into players trying to deduce what is real by asking pointed questions and reading even more into the tea leaves.

Q: Would it be possible to have Q&A sessions with other folks in the studio? Designers, engineers, and artists all have interesting perspectives and getting to ask them some questions would help lend insight into the making of this great game.
    • A: CG_SBCrumb - This is a great point and something I've been wanting to do once we started doing Q&A regularly. I would love to include someone from the art team in the next q&a. I'll announce the different group in advance of next month's Q&A

Q: Kyber promotion is misaligned in D1/2 compared to D3 and below. It's easier to be promoted for worse performance in lower divs. Since significant rewards accrue to the arbitrary promotion threshold, d1/2 players are tuning out of GA once they know they will land in aurodium and can't make kyber. Push rewards to the individual matchup and/or battle rather than the promotion threshold, scale them by league such that higher leagues pay out more to encourage best play.This would also let people opt in or out for individual weeks without killing their ranking or their potential rewards.Thanks for reading.?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - The hypothesis for the Vanguard Championships was to hold our most powerful players to a higher-standard: engaging with all aspects of the Championship to reach Kyber. Ultimately, engagement patterns were different than we had modeled based on stand-alone Grand Arena, so we have plans to adjust the promotion thresholds across a number of divisions. I don't have exact timing for you on it, but we want to achieve a more-consistent distribution across leagues for all divisions. The final tuning needs to take into account the vastly different patterns with Grand Arena engagement and Division populations.

Q: Any chance you can bring back modified, i.e., reasonable bonuses to TW, but allow the guild to choose them? Provide maybe 4 or 5 options, similar to the original?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - We got a lot of mixed feedback about Territory War bonuses. While it met some of our goals, it also caused a lot of negative sentiment in the community. We are exploring a way to introduce customizable experiences into the game, including an idea where you can opt to take on greater challenges in exchange for greater rewards.

Q: IPD's self destruct ability is becoming obsolete with G13 and relics making many characters able to survive an IPD bomb. Is there any consideration to increasing IPD's damage in line with the power creep in the game?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - A few very specific damage mechanics have not scaled well with G13 and especially not with Relics. As always our balance efforts are ongoing and we'll be looking into the best way to not just bring units up to parity but to better maintain their relevance in the future.

Q: When will the tank raid be simmable?
    • A: CG_Tophat - We recently started the analysis on what it means to sim the AAT. It's something we'd like to see sometime soon too - just need to make sure it makes sense. HSTR is probably further out.

Q: With the malak event coming back soon. Can we (as a player base) assume that this will be the norm for these types of events moving forward?
    • A: CG_Tophat - We're still working out what the formal timeline for the Epic Confrontations are. Once we have a prescribed way around it, we'll likely do an update to the Character Release Cadence document.

Q: Can you guys please have skins for characters? I think that skins will look more appealing to people that play swgoh. For example, Darth Maul could wear his hood. This will give him a more Sith feel to the gameplay.
    • A: CG_Tophat - We've answered this before (I think), but we have no intention of doing skins for characters in Galaxy of Heroes. There's a couple reasons for this - 1) we like creating playable kits around the visual changes characters go through and 2) doing something like adding hoods has a lot of technical overhead that's not as gameplay relevant and we're still very much focused on improving overall gameplay/modes in the game.

Q: You stated you wanted to move away from arenas as a main source of Crystals with GaC as a replacement.How would that work? Would arena even be relevant?
    • A: CG_Tophat - Great question and one we've been working on - albeit on the back burner a bit. Every time we put work against it we uncover some nasty edge cases or hard questions around it which makes us keep coming back to the question - is it the right thing to do? This doesn't mean that it sinks the idea or the enterprise of it, but it means its a hard problem and one that we need to continue to put work against. Speculating wildly it would probably mean that we'd need to expand GAC again as well to accommodate what would need to be the day to day crystal inflow source (but that's wild speculation and not the Gospel according to GOH).

Q: Does the dev team get any early info about movies,tv shows, comics, etc??
    • A: CG_Erik - We're constantly talking with our partners about how to deliver relevant and exciting programming that's aligned with the big beats going on in the Star Wars universe - as well aligning with our partners on other EA Star Wars projects. Part of that conversation has been around aligning our roadmaps earlier so we can take advantage of as many opportunities as possible and have complementary offerings across multiple products.
    • A: CG_Tophat - As far as that goes, yeah, the information we have access to at any given time is an evolution. We have to be incredibly cautious about talking about what we know and what we don't know, but generally we'll get read-in on an outline and get more details as time goes on. We have incredible partners at Lucasfilm that help prepare us very well.

Q: How far into the future does your furthest plan go? As in, do you know what's coming in 4 months, 6 months, a year?
    • A: CG_Tophat - We generally have a pretty solid idea what we're doing about a year out at any given time. We have plans that go even further out, but like all roadmaps, things get hazier the further out you look. This is true of both the new features and content we plan on releasing.
    • A: CG_Erik - We've got many years worth of ideas for features and characters in the backlog and we keep coming up with more so there's not shortage of plans. In terms of current plans? Some of the features in the game right now have detailed roadmaps spanning the next couple years. There are also new features we hope to launch in the one of the next title updates that will need grow over time and to be supported with future content.

Q: Can we get shirtless Kylo Ren for one of the November GAC portraits?
    • A: CG_Tophat - I can ask. No promises.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2019
    TOPIC: Economy

Q: Will it be possible to upgrade 4-dot mods to 5-dot mods?
    • A: CG_Erik - We don't have plans for this at this time.

Q: Why did you choose to put signal data on nodes without character shards as well. All this does is create a further divide between new and old players. You have to choose between farming shards for much needed characters, or farming data for relics.?
    • A: CG_Tophat - This is intentional as we did not want low level accounts to farm resources they cannot use at that time in their lifecycle. There's an argument to be made that it helps them prepare once they get to G13, but lower level players are heavily focused on the resources they need now and not end game goals initially. Why not put them on nodes with character shards? In short, we wanted you to make that hard choice. Do you continue to grow your roster or do you double-down on the characters you have is a fundamental choice you have to make for progressing in SWGOH.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2019
    TOPIC: Content

Q: We want a sandbox mode or a way to practice our teams against guild mates teams. Why won't you give us on the community's top requests?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - This is not only a popular request from players outside the studio, but is one of the most popular feature requests from players inside the studio. An engaging sandbox feature is an important part of the future feature set for SWGoH and, while we cannot tell you exactly when this feature will make it to the holotables, we can tell you with certainty that a plan for this feature is 'in-the-books' as the saying goes.

Q: Hi, could you please tell us when we will be getting new content and a way to help with the gear problem that has gotten significantly worse for f2p or small spending players since the release of relics?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - New content, and, more specifically, new content for all players, is a major priority for us this year and next. It does take us awhile to make new content and we've been working on large content efforts for the better part of this and last year. As a result, content that is smaller in scope (and more accessible) has taken a backseat. A significant portion of our efforts in the coming year will be around making new ways to play SWGoH, and for those new ways to play to be fun and engaging for all players.

Q: Will we get any new content for ships to help give some variety to the mode?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - Yes, yes, yes! Our plans for the upcoming year include new ways to play and experience SWGoH, and in ways that include ships. Additionally, you can expect ship battles to appear in the next Epic Confrontation, GAC, and, yes, our upcoming raid (in the present plan).

Q: Will ships ever come back to Grand Arena? Also, will there be a shake up of ships diversity?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - Yes, near-term, future championships will include ships as well as 3v3 modes.

Q: Will there be a new raid before the end of the year?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - Before the end of 2019? Sadly, no. In the first part of 2020? That's currently the plan. We are also working on ways to build both solo and guild content more quickly.

Q: Have you guys thought about making GA defense presets? Like so you can set loadouts for different defenses you might want to place and when the GA setup phase starts you can select which you want to place and your defense with be automatically placed. Instead of having to place each team separately.
    • A: CG_SvenGG - We are actively tracking pain points in the Championships user experience and putting together a holistic solution to improve the feature while respecting and supporting its competitive core. This includes improving the efficiency deploying units and planning tactics and strategies in advance.

Q: Could content ever come from the Extended Universe/Legacy books? (Ie: tie defenders, nogri, Zinj, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Dash Rendar)?
    • A: CG_Tophat - Maybe? We're not actively thinking about those characters right now. With episode IX, Disney+, and still missing other beloved characters from the main canon - it'll be awhile before we start picking at this content,

Q: What qualifies an event as an "epic confrontation"?
    • A: CG_Tophat - Internally, we think of Epic Confrontations as requiring specific characters, some amount of story, and puzzle elements.

Q: Now with all the g13 and relics in the game. We are growing more stronger to the point where it's faster to complete raids. Is there a new raid in the works? Will there be any Mythic Tiers for Rancor, HAAT & hStr?
    • A: CG_Tophat - Just hinted at it above - but we're in early stages of development. We've talked a lot about Mythic Tiers for the legacy raids - right now the biggest hangup is the decision between a new raid and re-hashing the old ones. If we do re-hashes of the old ones, we have some concerns about how we make them "more compelling" and instead of just making them more difficult. We learned a lot from the HSTR and we want to make sure we don't just amp difficulty and instead add new fun factors. Once we start adding new fun factors then we end up in the discussion points about new raids. That's a very long winded way to say - we prioritize new raids - we're currently working on a new one.

Q: For long time players like myself who have completed all legendary events, there is a real shortage of events or activities to do right now on a daily basis. Do you have plans to create or add more day to day events that would require playing rather than hitting them sim button?
    • A: CG_Tophat - We've talked about this before, but we've been building more system wide events like GA, TW, and TB instead of more specific events. We want to come back to more daily events, but we think the TB, the raid, and some other things we're working on (beyond the Epic Confrontation) are more pressing

Q: Will light side Geonosian territory battles include a creature to fight like Acklay in Dark side?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - Yes! You can plan to square-off against the Reek in a battle that is similar to the Aklay fight. Additionally, you can expect to do battle with the fearsome Nexu.

Q: What era of Star Wars are the next toons coming from?- Resistance animated series ?- Rise of Skywalker ?- Fallen Order?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - CG_Tophat may have covered this already, but, if not, we are presently focused on characters and content surrounding Rise of Skywalker as well as Episodes 7 and 8.

Q: Hey there CG! i was wondering, since you have so many current Characters out and some on the way as well as more gear, is it possible that you are going to add some more stages in like Cantina battles or lightside and Darkside battles??
    • A: CG_Vyeking - You'll see more raid and solo/guild content features outside of the tables first as our focus for the most part of the coming year will be on building dynamic, replayable content.

Q: Are there any plans to bring fleet/ship content up to parity with character content? Currently, there are no Fleet Mythics for Chimera or Han's Falcon, no Fleet Assault Battles, and no Fleet Omega battles. ?
    • A: CG_Tophat - If you mean 180 something ships? Probably not. However, it's not a dead part of the game to us. One of the things we've been working through is how to make sure that's it not as dominated by a single meta given that there are a fewer number of ships. We looked at GAC and realized that if we add ship nodes to it (which we're going to be doing soon) we can create more interesting matchups if we have more Capital Ships. Our strategy right now is to introduce more Capital Ships so that there are more "leaders" for ships. Our hope is to roll out a couple more this year (fingers crossed, no promises) and then work on introducing more individual ships. The raid we're in early stages (very early, no promises) on too has a ships phase in it.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2019
    TOPIC: Relics

Q: Are you guys planning on adding more relic lvls??
    • A: CG_SvenGG - We designed the system so we can add more Relic levels in the future but we don't have any plans in the short term. Its something we will most likely reconsider at the end of the year as continuing to add onto the system lets us reshape the existing economy while exploring a new power space.

Q: With relics increasing the power of pilots and therefor ships, how does the ship(s) without pilots evolve?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - We are aware of this growing gap, and we are actively exploring ways to ensure that crewless ships do not fall behind in power.

Q: With the ability to scrap gear now, will we see the ability to craft gear without needing it for a character?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - We are currently designing a way to craft any gear without going through characters. We are trying to address it holistically to generally improve the item experience in the game.

Q: Do you have any characters with relics? And if so, who and why?
    • A: CG_Salera - I'm proud to say that my first Relic (on my entirely free to play account) went to Wicket, and my next will go to Ewok Elder.
    • A: CG_SBCrumb - Jedi Knight Revan - Still my most powerful team at the moment but I was considering Boba of course.
    • A: CG_SvenGG - Bastilla Shan (Fallen)
    • A: CG_Vyeking - I'm working on Bossk at the moment.
    • A: CG_Erik - I'm deciding which Chewbacca to put it on
    • A: CG_Tophat - I'm also deciding which Chewbacca to put it on.
    • A: CG_Erik - I mean we're both big, beared guys.
    • A: CG_Tophat - Chewbaccabros?

Q: Can we get a signal data heist like we got mod salvage heist after mod salvage introduction?
    • A: XXX - We're still in the evaluation phase of Relics and determining whether a signal data heist is needed and if it is, what does it look like. No plans at this time

Q: Why release Relics now? Like gear, its an expansion of character progression, so why release it without a new feature? Wouldn't it have been better if Relics was introduced with LS TB's release? Why release relics without completing the relic ability feature? Are we going to see more relic levels with LS TB? Can we expect more relic levels added twice a month or more??
    • A: CG_Tophat - Lot to unpack here.
      1) We are not expanding the number of relic levels with LSTB.
      2) We don't have a cadence of relic levels yet - still evaluating it as per above
      3) You're right - we typically release progression systems along side a larger content beat. We didn't this time because of the size and scope of relics we wanted to evaluate it "in a vacuum" as much as possible. As we've indicated before we think of relics as being a platform for some potentially really interesting changes and we wanted to evaluate it relatively "clean" (without something else in system potentially inflating or deflating its numbers).
      4) Regarding Relic Abilities, we knew these required a non-trivial amount of engineering time and wanted to see how Relics would be adopted before we invested that deeply. If Relics were not well adopted, then the work on Relic Abilities would have been wasted.

Q: 4. It was mentioned somewhere that not all toons will be getting relic abilities. It might invalidate a lot of our investment in current toons if true. Can you release a list of toons, or an ongoing updated list of toons that will get relic abilities like the dev tracker?
    • A: CG_Tophat - We're still going through a lot of the work of relic abilities and things may change. There's a chance all characters get relic abilities. There's a chance we limit it. There's a chance there's multiple flavors of relic abilities. When we get closer we'll start figuring out on what we can communicate out.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2019
    TOPIC: QoL

Q: Can you keep Geo TB to 36 hours because its taking a long time to get everyone to platoon and do the combats. 36 hours gives us more leeway and it is not so rushed. ?
    • A: CG_Tophat - Sure. We originally wanted to move it to the 24 hour rotation, but we've really only heard positive reaction to the longer phase. For the moment our plan is to keep it as is. Over time as Geonosis becomes more trivialized we will probably take another look at the length of phases at that time.

Q: Will we ever see the ability for ranks #1-4 to see back to rank #5 in the arenas?
    • A: CG_Erik - Interesting question. We'll talk with the team about whether making more of the arena leaderboard makes sense.

Q: As a quality of life option, can you add an option to make notes on specific nodes/characters similar to TW notes by guild leaders. It would be nice to be able to put some reminders in game on favorite nodes or character specific notes to remind us of progress, etc.?
    • A: CG_Erik - We can certainly look into this along with other QOL items around TW communications.

Q: Can we get some sort of numerical counter, like Ferocity, for other characters that have stacking abilities? Ie, Ventress or Tarkin for example?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - This is a great idea. The UI changes we made should support this type of quality of life improvement. We'll get something together to make sure UI and game design cover the necessary changes and get that scheduled!

Q: On characters/squad arena teams preview page instead of the level of the given character you should be indicate the speed of the character. Among gear, zeta and relic status speed is the most important attribute. It would be a very useful QoL development?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - This screen is a great candidate for a little TLC because it's one that players interact with repeatedly. An ability to cycle between visible stats like a treadmill does could work well in conjunction with some other supporting information. Great idea - we'll explore it!

Q: Would you consider adding some Wampas to a reliable place where it's possible to find and kill them? It's almost impossible to finish the Boba Fett quest now with the Geonosis TB.
    • A: CG_Tophat - This is a low priority for us, not something I think we're going to pick up any time soon.

Q: Why is there no review period for Territory Battles, like there is for Territory Wars and Grand Arena Championships? A review period would be very helpful to guild leadership and extremely welcome
    • A: CG_Tophat - The simple answer is we didn't build one. We built Territory Battles first. We learned alot building TB and as we built TW and GAC we realized that more people would want to review combat results in TW and GAC. As we built those systems we made sure to include a review. Only recently (last six months) have we gotten what I would call a significant number of requests for it. It's on our backlog of things to get to, but it's not currently being worked on.

Q: Are there any plans to allow us to run both versions of the Territory Battles at the same time, Hoth and Geonosis?It's one of my favorite game modes and now that my guild has switched to Hoth, I don't get to play that one anymore and others in the guild don't have the ability to get shards for IPD.
    • A: CG_Tophat - No plans at this time. When we first released it, we articulated some reasons why that was the case.

Q: Currently the only way to see in-game how many of certain items we have is to search through characters if one of them happens to have the searched item, which takes large amount of time. Any chance we could get an item inventory, so we could check in no time what we have and what we possibly still need to farm when needed? Would help planning long ahead gear-level wise?
    • A: CG_Erik - I know this is something @CG_SvenGG cares a lot about and has been exploring. @CG_SvenGG, any further thoughts?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - I'm glad to hear there's interest in this! I'm a big believer in this and am working on a design for an item inventory which would include a number of quality of life improvements around gear in particular.

Q: Is it possible to get a 600s counter on the main screen so we don't have to rely on constant badgering from our guild bosses?
    Q: Will officers get the ability to see who has not completed combat missions and in which territory? Hunting down who is actually missing CMs is extremely difficult.
    • A: CG_Erik - We'll consider these for an upcoming QOL update.

Q: Could we get a QoL update that puts the ship energy and all energy to be displayed on the main page?
    • A: CG_Erik - There's a lot to consider from a UI standpoint (primarily how do we handle all the different screen sizes and aspect rations) that makes this more complicated than it might seem. Without an overhaul of that UI, we'll likely stick with the display of energy in context.

Q: Is there any way you could allow officers to prohibit the deployment to 1 or 2 platoons only in Territory Battles?
    • A: CG_Erik - We can look into this along with other officer controls for Territory Battles.

Q: Since the introduction of Mods 2.0, I've regularly been at the mod inventory cap and managing / making room for new mods has become a really time consuming part of the game - is there any chance you could increase the inventory cap?
    • A: CG_Erik - There are technical constraints that block us from increasing this. Related, we're looking into different ways to make selling mods easier.

Q: Can we please get some ability to control what of our squad/ship improvement activity gets sent in chat? I don't want my guild mates chiding me (or booting me) for dropping that guilty pleasure Zeta on my favorite toon just because it's not the current meta.
    • A: CG_Erik - I'll add this to the list of QOL items to look into. Those items are meant to be a celebration of meaningful progress and not fodder for embarrassment or disruption.

Q: Can we get a replay function in the game? Specifically to see what was used against us? Like the ability to find what the opponent tried to beat my team with in arena, territory wars or grand arena. It would be super helpful, specially when trying to find cheaters, but I would like to know what my opponent uses to beat my defenses in one try.
    • A: CG_Vyeking - This is a very important feature for us and is an important part of the future of SWGoH. While we aren't ready to talk about where we are in the process, we can say we will spend considerable time this year and next working toward a battle replay feature.

Q: Would it be possible to sell unwanted mods right from the inbox?
    • A: CG_SvenGG - This actually makes me think of something I'd like to take as a part of a Quality of Life update. Either an automatic system or one players can control to automatically sell mods below a certain quality before they even hit the inbox.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2019
    TOPIC: Game Mechanic Questions

Q: Does Han Solo's shoots first stun on both hits? Does he stun twice then? Why? He applies 2 stacks of Ferocity to Darth Revan lead Sith Empire for example on his first turn. Shouldn't just the first shot stun the target and the second bonus attack just do damage?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - Han Solo’s unique ability “Shoots First” allows his Basic attack to apply Stun during his bonus turn at the beginning of battle. Additionally, this ability allows him to attack again the first time he uses his Basic attack each turn. The combination of these two effects creates a scenario where he uses his Basic attack twice in the same turn, thus applying Stun twice.
      Thanks, CG_Aurok for your help answering this question!

Q: How does crit avoidance interact with crit chance? If yoda has 150% crit chance and traya has 70% crit avoidance, does yoda have an 80% chance to crit?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - The provided example is correct - the chance to critically hit is simply (Critical Chance – Critical Avoidance).

Fun fact: This means that negative Critical Avoidance (such as from General Grievous’ leader ability) can increase your chance to critically hit (-20% Crit Avoidance on a character means attackers have +20% Crit Chance against that unit).

Thanks, CG_Fugitive for your help answering this question!
  • Reserved
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Got any of them new raids?? *scratches neck*

Oh, and does LSGTB have super Uber macho high tenacity like the dark side does??
    Post edited by Iy4oy4s on
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Can you define what you consider new content? It would be interesting to see how much of a disconnect exists on that front between a dev and a forum user.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How many characters will come out before the end of the year?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Relics

1. Can we get a signal data heist like we got mod salvage heist after mod salvage introduction?

2. Can we get Signal Data added to GAC weekly rewards prize pool?
    Crumb wrote:
    Historically, it’s been our preference that when we release new features we include an expansion of our gear system, along with some new characters and ships.

3. Why release Relics now? Like gear, its an expansion of character progression, so why release it without a new feature? Wouldn't it have been better if Relics was introduced with LS TB's release? Why release relics without completing the relic ability feature? Are we going to see more relic levels with LS TB? Can we expect more relic levels added twice a month or more?

4. It was mentioned somewhere that not all toons will be getting relic abilities. It might invalidate a lot of our investment in current toons if true. Can you release a list of toons, or an ongoing updated list of toons that will get relic abilities like the dev tracker?

GAC

y77fwxxwuby6.png

1. Currently, it is difficult to reach kyber at Division 1/2. Can the difficulty of reaching kyber be reduced to match up other divisions OR can the difficulty of obtaining kyber in earlier divisions be increased? The game is currently encouraging players to stop at Division 3 for maxium rewards and punishes players to invest in toons or ships that would inflate raw GP

Epic Confrontation

1. Will the next EC toon require GET Mk I or Mk II currency? Will it unlock at 5 stars?

Malevolence

1. Will it require GET Mk II to unlock and 7*?

Events

1. Can we get assault battles for every in-game faction tag?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Question 1: Are there any plans to bring fleet/ship content up to parity with character content? Currently, there are no Fleet Mythics for Chimera or Han's Falcon, no Fleet Assault Battles, and no Fleet Omega battles. With the possible addition of vehicles to the game, I find it hard to get excited about that possibility when the current space vehicles are severely neglected (by comparison) and would have doubts that ground vehicles would be in a similar state.

Question 2: Have you guys discussed revamping Gear Donations for guilds? Is there any possible of opening up all purple gear for donations and possible opening gold gear for two pieces?

Question 3: Have you guys thought about doing a sort by equips feature? For example, I get a complete MK3 Holoprojecter and want to see who needs that piece. Instead of having to go to the character and clicking on the item and looking at the pictures of characters it would be nice to be able to sort by equips so that everyone is side-by-side.
  • Is there a plan to implement a new game mode ? Yes there are events and things but these are like one a day. There needs to be something than can be continuously played throught the day IN ADDITION to whatever else is going on. Heres an idea , you like to reskin , reskin Grand arena .. Where you use your allys character as 6th slot .. Would make Allies relevant. But also not instead of normal GA .. Alongside .. P.s. Death star fleet raid anytime soon ? Or is all your work going towards this unannounced new project ? Fisherman never say " I know there's alot of whales here but lets go check over there instead" ... Love the game I wish you still did
  • LunaticWoda
    70 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Question 1. When can we expect new game modes Like super rough like 3 months 6 months a year?
    Question 2. I know a lot of folks have been frustrated with the lack of content this quarter. Can you help explain maybe some of the trials and tribulations of the lack of maybe characters or new things?
    Question 3 Any plans to be able to filter mods in a reverse way? Such as be able to filter to sell all mods that dont have a certain stat such as lets say...speed?

Thanks!
  • QUESTION 1: are we getting any mando love !?
    Reskinned question- I mean question 2: when are you dropping this event ??
  • QUESTS

A) ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how are players suppose to complete achievements & prestigious quests (see below) that are tied to both the light side and dark side Hoth Territory Battles when their guild is ***ONLY*** willing to do the Geonosis TBs?

B) As you probably already know, powerful guilds tend to only want to do GeoTBs only. This does not sit well with some players. Have you considered giving guilds the choice or opportunity to do a “bonus” Hoth LS & DS TB, perhaps once or twice a year? This would certainly help players complete some of the quests & achievements (see below) that are strictly tied to the Hoth TBs.

1) Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    2) Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    3) Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    4) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)
    5) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB)

Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles. Since this quest only works with the dark side Hoth territory battles, why haven't you "fixed" this bug by simply renaming the text to read "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth dark side Territory Battles"? Renaming the text (in every language of course) would surely be simpler than fixing the code behind it.

Guild Quest, Raid Attempts - Do 4 attempts in the Pit raid. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild we are in, how can we do this quest if our guild ONLY wants to sim the rancor raid?

Bounty Hunter Quest 4/7, Complete Galactic Bounty event tier IV. This quest only can be completed by beating tier 4 of the Galactic Bounty I event, not Galactic Bounty II event. The quest's description does not mention I or II so the description is vague because of this. Do you (CG) ever have any plans to fix this bug by either updating the description to reflect "Galactic Bounty I event" or making either event applicable? I thinking adding an "I" after the word "event" would surely be far simpler.

Why are we limited to only doing a maximum of three prestigious quests at the same time? Why can't we do them all at the same time?

Are there any plans on creating any new quests?

EVENTS

Are there any plans for Galactic Bounty I/II events to happen more often then once every ~45 days (on average)? Perhaps have each one run once per calendar month? Is a Galactic Bounty III event in the works?

MISC

Some older toons are not available in any store (apart for crystals). Baze for example. Since he and most of these older toons are not meta, is there a possibility that the energy requirements to farm them could be lowered (again, I am referring to the ones NOT found in stores)? You had recenty done this for Vet Solo & Chewie. Kudos.

Have you ever entertained the idea of letting the fans of the game vote on which toon they would like to see next in the game?

QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL)

Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim all battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in?

At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or Better 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give them 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?

If a player already has the Tank Tamer title (for being in 1st place in the HAAT/Tank raid), why does the player need to prove themselves yet again when they get to Jedi Master 4/4? The game already knows they have done this at least once already.
  • When is (insert specific character) coming out? JK.

But seriously. Hondo.
  • Why no Battlefront 2 love like Iden Versio?

What does TVF eat for breakfast (couldn't resist)?

But most importantly, can we get a Jawa portrait??????
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Kix is coming right?
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    What does TVF eat for breakfast (couldn't resist)?

I really hope this gets answered. I'd like to know it myself.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Question 3: Have you guys thought about doing a sort by equips feature? For example, I get a complete MK3 Holoprojecter and want to see who needs that piece. Instead of having to go to the character and clicking on the item and looking at the pictures of characters it would be nice to be able to sort by equips so that everyone is side-by-side.

I can respond to this one! This overlaps a bit with one of the other questions I answered about crafting gear that @CG_SBCrumb will be posting about, but it's a bit different.

One of the features (item inventory) I'm exploring some designs around could include this functionality pretty easily as a reverse direction of the character gear flow. I'll make sure to add it to the idea list.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Relics

1. Can we get a signal data heist like we got mod salvage heist after mod salvage introduction?

Crumb wrote:
    Historically, it’s been our preference that when we release new features we include an expansion of our gear system, along with some new characters and ships.

3. Why release Relics now? Like gear, its an expansion of character progression, so why release it without a new feature? Wouldn't it have been better if Relics was introduced with LS TB's release? Why release relics without completing the relic ability feature? Are we going to see more relic levels with LS TB? Can we expect more relic levels added twice a month or more?

4. It was mentioned somewhere that not all toons will be getting relic abilities. It might invalidate a lot of our investment in current toons if true. Can you release a list of toons, or an ongoing updated list of toons that will get relic abilities like the dev tracker?

GAC

y77fwxxwuby6.png

1. Currently, it is difficult to reach kyber at Division 1/2. Can the difficulty of reaching kyber be reduced to match up other divisions OR can the difficulty of obtaining kyber in earlier divisions be increased? The game is currently encouraging players to stop at Division 3 for maxium rewards and punishes players to invest in toons or ships that would inflate raw GP

Epic Confrontation

1. Will the next EC toon require GET Mk I or Mk II currency? Will it unlock at 5 stars?

Malevolence

Events

Great to see you again @Ultra !
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Can we get shirtless Kylo Ren for one of the November GAC portraits?
  • How will you make Gear 12 more accessible/faster to farm now that G13 AND relics are in play?
    Go Pens!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Relics

Crumb wrote:

GAC

y77fwxxwuby6.png

Epic Confrontation

Malevolence

Events

First I can't get my paycheck (continuing issue) and now this. I'm not sure I want to be CG_TVF much longer.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Relics

Crumb wrote:

GAC

y77fwxxwuby6.png

Epic Confrontation

Malevolence

Events

Great to see you too buddy!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Relics

Crumb wrote:

GAC

y77fwxxwuby6.png

Epic Confrontation

Malevolence

Events

Great to see you too buddy!

I'm right here guys. I can hear you. Despite the PM tagging.
  • One more question for the lolz... Regular Mountain Dew or Baja Blast? And by this I mean how much Dew do you devs drink on the regular?
  • Hey there CG! i was wondering, since you have so many current Characters out and some on the way as well as more gear, is it possible that you are going to add some more stages in like Cantina battles or lightside and Darkside battles?
  • Any chance we can get a Princess Leia or Leia Organa portrait? Our dear, departed Carrie Fisher deserves at least this small remembrance.
    Also: Luke Skywalker portrait, please!
This discussion has been closed.