Developer Q&A - 10/2

Replies

• One more question for the lolz... Regular Mountain Dew or Baja Blast? And by this I mean how much Dew do you devs drink on the regular?

When I was in middle school and high school, I consumed prolific amounts of classic Mountain Dew. I haven't touched it in ages, and generally don't drink pop. Every now and then I'll treat myself to a fancy root beer.

I consume way more coffee than I should.
  • TVF wrote: »

First I can't get my paycheck (continuing issue) and now this. I'm not sure I want to be CG_TVF much longer.

We're getting to you too @TVF , patience is appreciated :)
    Sorry to hear about your paycheck situation, hoping the best!

~RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • When is (insert specific character) coming out? JK.

But seriously. Hondo.

We've got some huge Hondo fans in the office, and right now there is a huge painting of him and his pirates in the lobby, so he's never far from our thoughts. No answer for now on Hondo, but anything is possible!
  • is there a chance for players to choose what their next character will be? For example, everyone would write one character and the one to be mentioned the most times could be added in the near future.
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    When is (insert specific character) coming out? JK.

But seriously. Hondo.

We've got some huge Hondo fans in the office, and right now there is a huge painting of him and his pirates in the lobby, so he's never far from our thoughts. No answer for now on Hondo, but anything is possible!

Wait a minute. Didn't Hondo say a lot that anything is possible. I can hear it I just don't remember what episode.

Whispers under breath: please come, please come to the game
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

First I can't get my paycheck (continuing issue) and now this. I'm not sure I want to be CG_TVF much longer.

We're getting to you too @TVF , patience is appreciated :)
    Sorry to hear about your paycheck situation, hoping the best!

~RT

While this sounds good on the surface, you look underneath and see how many months I've been told this exact same thing, and you begin to question the veracity of it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade as new characters.
    Are they a possibility?
  • Why did you choose to put signal data on nodes without character shards as well. All this does is create a further divide between new and old players. You have to choose between farming shards for much needed characters, or farming data for relics.

Putting them on every node, ie all of the stage 1 battles drop the first one, stage 2 drops the 2nd one etc, would of hurt no one. New players would be able to acquire signal data and actually able to put it to use when they finally get a g13, and old players would of continued receiving shard shop currency much like they already had.

Imo this was the worst part of relic implementation. I see many complaints about the large power creep, but that is standard in most games, and likely we will have new challenges that require this new power. However purposely putting that hurdle in front of new players, seems like a very poor move to me.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Any chance for an option to make some of the UI elements that have become really small to be regular sized again? I'm talking about:
    • Arena timer
    • Buff and debuff sizes + counts (trying to read if the raid boss has 2 or 3 stacks of confusion on my phone is hard). When the buff/debuff grouping came around these got smaller.
    • Relic signal and salvage counts - these are way too small.
    • Ability Basic/Special/Unique/Leader label

Thanks!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • QOL: any chance of helping with mod loadouts so we can switch our entire roster to a preset loadout?
  • is there a chance for players to choose what their next character will be? For example, everyone would write one character and the one to be mentioned the most times could be added in the near future.

I love community engagement. Our road map is planned out pretty far right now, but this is a cool idea for us to engage with the community and celebrate our shared love of Star Wars. So, nothing now, but we'll be sure to talk about how we could approach something like this in the future!
  • Any plans for a triple force friday event/release this week?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Question 3: Have you guys thought about doing a sort by equips feature? For example, I get a complete MK3 Holoprojecter and want to see who needs that piece. Instead of having to go to the character and clicking on the item and looking at the pictures of characters it would be nice to be able to sort by equips so that everyone is side-by-side.

I can respond to this one! This overlaps a bit with one of the other questions I answered about crafting gear that @CG_SBCrumb will be posting about, but it's a bit different.

One of the features (item inventory) I'm exploring some designs around could include this functionality pretty easily as a reverse direction of the character gear flow. I'll make sure to add it to the idea list.

I just wanted to say thank you for responded to the question and a gear inventory sounds great.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Got any of them new raids?? *scratches neck*

Oh, and does LSGTB have super Uber macho high tenacity like the dark side does??

No, it'll be super easy and everyone will get full stars immediately as it's run.
  • When is the next puzzle coming?
    Go Pens!
  • Question: How long do you estimate it will take to correct the Guild Search bug that prevents certain guilds from appearing in the search? Our guild has had 6 unfilled slots since the bug was first discovered, and recruiting has become more difficult since the Geo TB.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Any chance for an option to make some of the UI elements that have become really small to be regular sized again? I'm talking about:
    • Arena timer
    • Buff and debuff sizes + counts (trying to read if the raid boss has 2 or 3 stacks of confusion on my phone is hard). When the buff/debuff grouping came around these got smaller.
    • Relic signal and salvage counts - these are way too small.
    • Ability Basic/Special/Unique/Leader label

We're working on this right now! We're starting with a follow-up to the UI changes from the last update to polish those and maintain our standards.

Beyond that we're looking at opportunities to improve all of the game to be more usable, match our latest styles, etc. Readability and usability are always priorities.
  • hugojuan_kenoubi
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    1. will there be more separatist ships added? if so, will asajj, dooku, jango get their ships?
    2. you've mentioned in the state of the galaxy about the relic engagement from current players with a specific number from all of those characters with relics in the game. but do you have a correlated number of how many players have left the game after relics were implemented? players that logged daily for years and have not logged after relics.
    3. can you add a better system for mod upgrading and filtering? when you get a mod it would be great to immediately have it upgrade it instead of having to look for it, and also doing a secondary ability search filter, so it could be an inverse search from selected features.
    4. will the malevolence require the new guild event credit?
    5. it seems also repeated, but will the reward system for divisions in GAC is ever going to be revamped? it seems hell going to division 2 from division 3, theres a lot of difference from 6 defending/attacking squads, than 8. and all division leagues pay the same rewards while division 1, 2 are harder to reach kyber
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I like this dev / forum interaction more than previous Q&A!

I hope this way continues in future ones

Speaking of feedback, I think it was a missed opportunity not putting a new character and it’s shards as GAC reward (month long end reward) similar to squad tournaments for Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus
  • Why can you not sort characters by critical chance or critical damage? Would really help with deciding mod placement.
    Also, can you PLEASE return the default sim number to 1 instead of as many as possible?
  • Question: Darth Revan's relic, for examle, gave him huge physical damage boost. But DR deals only special damade. Similar for HK. Similar for many other characters. Why do relics increase stats (and a lot sometimes) that has no connection with characters kits?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    The Neutral tag still exists. Any plans to revisit a possible neutral toon or will that tag remain there....taunting us....sometimes I think it moves....but it could just be the wind.
  • Jtn2t
    47 posts Member
    Why didn’t Cad Bane use his flamethrower and rocket boosters in this game as shown in the Clone Wars series?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »
    The Neutral tag still exists. Any plans to revisit a possible neutral toon or will that tag remain there....taunting us....sometimes I think it moves....but it could just be the wind.

At least give us a hot dog with a true neutral tag.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Perro wrote: »
    Seriously though. Can you either give us RoTJ Luke or take him off the loading screen?

Jedi Knight Luke is pretty cool. He converts Darth Vader to the light side and isn't afraid of anything. So he definitely has a chance to make it into the game.

New splash screen art is always fun too, and the run up to a new film seems like a great opportunity for a refresh there.
  • DMG1302 wrote: »
    Why can you not sort characters by critical chance or critical damage? Would really help with deciding mod placement.
    Also, can you PLEASE return the default sim number to 1 instead of as many as possible?

Great quality of life suggestions! I'll add them to the list I've collected for prioritization and exploration.
  • QoL: are you planning to add an ability to filter mods by their lvl?
    It would make working with new mods much more comfortable
This discussion has been closed.