Can we have some GL honesty, please?

Prev134
So today they released the "final" GL requirements.

In the final GL requirements, the Raddus and Finalizer were announced as requirements - as expected. Yet, and this is important, no other ships are required.

How does this work, CG? Since you can't win (or even enter) a fleet battle without regular (non-capital) ships, is Raddus really just an entry requirement with all fleet units provided? Sure, maybe. That could happen.

But if so much as one other ship is required to get GL Rey, then you've lied to us by saying these are the "final" requirements. I don't know what others think or feel or guess, but I'm seriously doubting you're not going to require us to have some other Resistance/FO ships for the GL event.

Have you thought this through? Really? I hope so, but with so many missteps in the past, with an ongoing refusal to even provide an update on whether and when you're going to answer a question about TB scheduling, and with Raddus required but no other ships on the list, I seriously don't trust you.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    It means finalizer is required and you can choose whatever for the remaining ships. You can bring in Hounds Tooth, ETA, Ahsoka’s ship, Xanadu Blood etc

The only thing you cannot change is the capital ship. It’s locked and fixed. What’s not to get?
  • Options
    I told you I think the event is going to go as follows....

In each section you have 3 - 3 - 3 - 4.

In each section you will take 1 hero and go on a journey with unites that are provided to you to complete the group.

So if you think of the event in this way, it's easy to see how this would happen.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    It means finalizer is required and you can choose whatever for the remaining ships. You can bring in Hounds Tooth, ETA, Ahsoka’s ship, Xanadu Blood etc

The only thing you cannot change is the capital ship. It’s locked and fixed. What’s not to get?

People are just finding things to complain about at this point
  • Options
    @Ultra:

I don't believe it. I believe that they will require a certain number of 7* ships. I also believe that they will almost certainly limit it to the appropriate faction. Seriously, you're doing a GL with Resistance theme and you have to farm every Resistance toon and gear the heck out of them, but for the ship portion .... you're running Bugs + Ahsoka?

I don't think even you honestly believe that things will play out that way.
  • Options
    Have they even confirmed that the events use the requirements? All that I remember being confirmed is the fact that you need to meet the requirements to accumulate tickets.

Besides, if you have a 5* Raddus you already have a resistance fleet at 7* (and vice versa for Finalizer)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Have they even confirmed that the events use the requirements? All that I remember being confirmed is the fact that you need to meet the requirements to accumulate tickets.

Besides, if you have a 5* Raddus you already have a resistance fleet at 7* (and vice versa for Finalizer)

but they potentially LIED TO US !! ! ! ! !!! !!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @PouffyHalo93

Right, because CG has a reputation for scrupulous honesty and providing complete, accurate, and informative information to players. It's completely ridiculous to think that CG would say they've released "all" requirements only to pop up later saying, "Oops, and also you're required to have X! Sorry we told you that you knew all the requirements already when you didn't!"
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Exactly. Plus I think that their "pilots" relics plays a huge part of the remaining FO/Resistance ships. I mean, I can't see the RP and Tie Fighters pilots toons appearing in GL outside their ships.

At least you don't have to have a 7* Finalizer and Raddus!
  • Options
    I am glad they dont ask it at 7*.
  • Options
    PouffyHalo93

Right, because CG has a reputation for scrupulous honesty and providing complete, accurate, and informative information to players. It's completely ridiculous to think that CG would say they've released "all" requirements only to pop up later saying, "Oops, and also you're required to have X! Sorry we told you that you knew all the requirements already when you didn't!"

So what in their past points to announcing the final requirements for an event, and then changing them when the event goes live?

I will give you they have a spotty record with consistent, clear communication and spotty coding, but none of that implies they will announce requirements and then change them the day of launch.

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Tazzz
    62 posts Member
    Options

^^^
  • Options
    @PouffyHalo93

Think about it, quite a few of the required toons are pilots, so what if you use those ships as well but it’s a maxed out ship that depends on the characters level
  • Options

Not true. I have 6* finalized but not all my fo ships are 6* or 7*
  • Options
    There are no other requirements to unlock the Rey or Kylo's Galactic Legends event. Both Capital Ships are only required to unlock the event, and are not needed in battle as both events do not have a fleet combat tier.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    There are no other requirements to unlock the Rey or Kylo's Galactic Legends event. Both Capital Ships are only required to unlock the event, and are not needed in battle as both events do not have a fleet combat tier.

But will all the characters that we had to relic'd get USED at all, or some will be discarded?

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for providing updates on questions that actually matter, Crumb!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, it's great to see the response by crumb. that cleared up the ship issue quickly
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Thanks for providing updates on questions that actually matter, Crumb!

What about red pill or blue pill? He never answered that question!
  • Options
    Have we ever had an event where a requirement to get into the event was in no way needed to complete the event?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Ah cool, stuff being required but not even going to be used at all. So much fun. It's getting better and better...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ah cool, stuff being required but not even going to be used at all. So much fun. It's getting better and better...

It's a gate, that's all. If we are having to gear up all the pilots, it's nice having an essentially free capital ship to put their ships behind.

And at least it's only a 5* requirement.
  • Options
    The requirements for things are getting disgusting. I would like to see the GL kits before taking a dozen characters to g13. I highly doubt many of us will have what’s needed to unlock both right away. Good luck to those who spent all their resources on Kylo only to find out that Rey is the better of the two, or vice versa.
  • Options
    The requirements for things are getting disgusting. I would like to see the GL kits before taking a dozen characters to g13. I highly doubt many of us will have what’s needed to unlock both right away. Good luck to those who spent all their resources on Kylo only to find out that Rey is the better of the two, or vice versa.

Good thing no one is making you level up anything before we see kits
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

I know of a very easy way for to see their kits before taking a dozen characters to g13.

edit: ninja'd
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

It's a gate, that's all. If we are having to gear up all the pilots, it's nice having an essentially free capital ship to put their ships behind.

Sure sure. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) this is the first time that we're asked to have something specific for a legendary/heroes journey/etc character and we can't even use it (not to mention that some cool space battle with a story cinematic would've been nice).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Why are ppl so mad? If you dont like the requirements, dont freaking participate. You know CG is gonna milk the cows and wiz on the free players. These are not toons intended for everyone. That is what makes them speical. Does it suck? Absolutely. What I would be more upset about, the overall game play.

We spend money or not on a game that has so many limits to what and when we can play. It is like twitter where we log in, check some things and out again. That is no game sir. We need a game mode that cost 0, gives 0 rewards but can be played for fun endlessly. Inter guild wars for example.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Sure sure. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) this is the first time that we're asked to have something specific for a legendary/heroes journey/etc character and we can't even use it (not to mention that some cool space battle with a story cinematic would've been nice).

This is a legendary/heroes journey etc. character, it's a Galactic Legend. New event, new rules, as ever. Separately though, you can use it, there's nothing stopping you, just its not a tier in the event.