Developer Q&A - 04/23/2020

Replies

• Jtn2t
    47 posts Member
    Regarding later episodes and movies, do you think that characters, like Captian Phasma and Zeb deserve a rework? For example, in the Last Jedi, she uses her baton to duel with FN-2187, also known as "Finn." Also, Zeb supposed to shoot his enemies with his rifle rather than melee range.
  • In all seriousness though, how has the Hyperdrive bundle changed the makeup of how the game is monetized. Ex: Has there been a shift and more money comes from newer accounts vs vets?
  • @CG_SBCrumb are you able to talk about your relationship with www.starwars.com and what the ideal state would be for using both that site and these forums for communicating with players?
  • Wormio
    60 posts Member
    When are you giving us new content to use these new characters in?

Any updates yet on the new beta program? Interested...
  • When will the Facebook Link be re-established?

It's temporarily disabled while we fix an issue but will be back in a future update. In the meantime to link accounts you'll need to go through Answers HQ.
  • SuperLui
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    12:30pm: Posting some questions now! Coffee and I are running through the thread for more good questions

Sorry, first time here in a Q&A. Is there a web link for a video feed that I'm missing? or it is just wait until you post the answers on the board?
  • DMG1302 wrote: »
    Just finished the Cara Dune Marquee Event. For some reason, Han Solo was not available for any tier of this event. He just disappeared from my roster. My question is, what's up with that?

Han Solo isn't actually allowed in any Marquee events because his shoot first mechanic interferes with the tutorial steps. Wat is another one that isn't allowed for similar reasons.
  • When is the long-overdue Jedi rework coming? Will you be adding additional clone factions that are viable in LSTB combat missions, and if so, when?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Q: About "What Kinds of Data do Guild Officers Want?" Topic, when we gonna get some responses?
    A: CG_Tophat - Just spoke to Crumb about this. I just asked him to put a meeting on the books for next week for us to review. Hopefully we have something new to share shortly. Thank you everyone that's added information to the thread.

That thread was started in January this year...April is almost done and this is the first time we heard anything about this....this just proves that the player base mean very little to you. Any plan to fix the communication efforts?
  • Are there ever going to be plans to fix tw matchmaking to make it non-gp-based. If GAC is more character-driven, why isn’t tw? It seems we are punished for having long term players who didn’t always have the focus that is now required of the game
  • CG_coffee wrote: »
    DMG1302 wrote: »
    Just finished the Cara Dune Marquee Event. For some reason, Han Solo was not available for any tier of this event. He just disappeared from my roster. My question is, what's up with that?

Han Solo isn't actually allowed in any Marquee events because his shoot first mechanic interferes with the tutorial steps. Wat is another one that isn't allowed for similar reasons.

I can't believe I never knew that. Thanks!
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I gotta say, as someone who owns a Galactic Legend, ticket farming was a terrible experience in this game. And I pretty much like everything we've had in this game so far

I hope when future Galactic Legends are released, there are plans to refactor the ticket costs / ticket farming timeline, or rather why not scale the drop rate like Galactic Chase? Farming 6 energy nodes for a month is not fun

• Can we look forward to 212th Attack Battalion clones, or just more clones in the future?
  • Could you please accelerate the Cantina Energy recovery rate a little bit? Maybe to 9 minutes?
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    Additional question about Tier 6 GL Kylo

you have wrote now, that you will be monitoring statistics, when we can expect any changes?
    Resoult of your hint/tip is win ratio arround 6% right now, compared to 100% of Rey's (doesnt matter what mods/squad will be taken).

6% < 100%

this is not equal...
  • At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or higher 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give everyone the same 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?
  • KP67s
    42 posts Member
    Would you guys consider making Malak's TM prevention an "if all allies are Sith Empire" restriction. Seems a little lame that Hux got the restriction-nerf but Malak is fair game lol.
  • Hi y'all,
    With the Mandalorian content out, can we hope to see something related to Fallen Order? There are a lot of cool characters in there, and there's material for a potential raid. I'm specially interestesd in NS Merron :)
    I hope you see my question
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    So many questions about sound. When do we get to the good stuff, like where is the new raid?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    So many questions about sound. When do we get to the good stuff, like where is the new raid?
    more importantly,

the sound quality of the new raid
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Also I wish we got more long lasting content outside of just characters when we were visiting the NT era, we got Prequels / OT era in Territory Battles and raids, Old Republic has its own raid

There's a lot of good material that can be used
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Can you provide an update on the 5s bug and when players can expect a fix to that bug?
  • Could you PLEASE!!!! improve the shards drop rate and change the gear rewards for the daily challenges? These should be quick, easy fixes. Then, you can worry about adding more challenges or more raids. Pretty please!!!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Thank you to @CG_coffee I have not seen so many purple bars in a chat for a very long time. Feel free to stop by the forums anytime!
  • Please give art and audio it's own Q&A its taking up over half the answers and it's the least important topic here
  • WulW wrote: »
    Additional question about Tier 6 GL Kylo

you have wrote now, that you will be monitoring statistics, when we can expect any changes?
    Resoult of your hint/tip is win ratio arround 6% right now, compared to 100% of Rey's (doesnt matter what mods/squad will be taken).

6% < 100%

this is not equal...

It's much higher than 6% and his win rate has actually closed in a bit on Rey's. We saw it raise when we posted the hint on the forums, although not all the way to our goal. The hint in game just went live so we're still watching where it settles once it hits a larger audience that isn't checking the forums. If it's still too low we will revisit.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: General
    Q: Do you have any future plans to expand guild involvement? Such as weekly guild challenges, a trophy room, or something we can throw resources toward to build
    • A: CG_Tophat - We've discussed it. We're actively working on shoring up solo play in the short term, but we've got an eye towards how that expands to group play in the future.

Q: Will any of the the required Galactic Legends characters thata are older get a rework or touch up, for example Rose or Phasma
    • A: CG_Tophat - There are no reworks or touch ups planned at the moment. Also on our list to circle back to.
    [/list]
    1. Will we get more info on that solo play in the road ahead next month?
    2. No reworks / touch ups in general or no reworks / touch ups planned for First Order and Resistance faction. There is always talks about GR reworks. Nice to hear that outdated FO / Res toons are on the rework list
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Selvalis wrote: »
    Please give art and audio it's own Q&A its taking up over half the answers and it's the least important topic here
    Those are the best parts of the Q&A tbh
  • Monel wrote: »
    Thank you to @CG_coffee I have not seen so many purple bars in a chat for a very long time. Feel free to stop by the forums anytime!

Happy to be here!