LSTB Phase 4 SM

Ultra
11502 posts Moderator
edited October 2020
Why does the Special Mission that hard requires Ki-Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti forces us to use KAM lead? Can this be changed? KAM has no leadership ability so he doesn’t need to occupy the first slot

q16gubakbiro.jpeg

[Kyno] edit to remove second question, for now.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
  • Can’t believe they actually did this
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I’m assuming the second question that was removed is going to be addressed eventually, Kyno?

I haven’t seen a thread or post on it so I included it here since it’s the only thread related to P4 right now
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’m assuming the second question that was removed is going to be addressed eventually, Kyno?

I haven’t seen a thread or post on it so I included it here since it’s the only thread related to P4 right now

its still early in the day there, let them have a chance to address this and then you can provide your feedback about it.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Why does the Special Mission that hard requires Ki-Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti forces us to use KAM lead? Can this be changed? KAM has no leadership ability so he doesn’t need to occupy the first slot

q16gubakbiro.jpeg

[Kyno] edit to remove second question, for now.

Let me ask about this.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Thanks!
  • His Uniques are the faux lead? :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    His Uniques are the faux lead? :D

it was pointed out that Shaak Ti lead wouldn't do anything either.
  • Just spoke with two designers regarding KAM in leader slot.

Here's the deal:

The designers didn't want to break up the JKR Jedi squad you'd use in other combat missions.

So why not use Shaak-Ti as the leader? Given her leader ability has no effect without Clones present, it wouldn't matter which of those two appear in the leader slot, and the decision was made to "showcase" KAM a bit more by putting him in that slot.

I asked why not place someone such as Aayla in the leader slot? The designer stated it would add another required unit (including the task of having to Relic up another unit you might not want to invest in) as a barrier to entry.

So, the decision to balance the mission around no leader ability was made and implemented.
  • Maybe KAM should be reworked to have a leader ability 👀
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Why not make KAM + Shaak Ti in the 4th and 5th slot just like ARC Trooper (5th slot) in KAM Shard Special Mission?

So that we could use a future GR Jedi? The KAM mission has one required unit (ARC) and it lets us choose our leader (Cody, Fives, Shaak Ti)

Even though Shaak Ti is the obvious and best choice for that SM, we have the option to use another clone trooper if CG releases any in the future, and some have tried and cleared it with Fives, so some players who already have a 7* KAM and want to experiment / play around with it have the option of having some fun

Can you please ask the devs to reconsider locking KAM in 4th slot so we can use Bariss, GAS + Ahsoka, etc?

Given other combat missions (KAM Shard SM), it doesn't seem like you need a leader required
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Appreciate the response, and the effort to get it in a timely manner
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    suszvuk28k1m.png
    e4hl27axutfz.png

Only ARC required, but the leader slot is empty. I do agree, Shaak Lead is useless here so locking her in any other slot wouldn't cause an issue

You don't need to require or relic up any other unit for this SM such as cody, as shown in the KAM SM
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Why not make KAM + Shaak Ti in the 4th and 5th slot just like ARC Trooper (5th slot) in KAM Shard Special Mission?

So that we could use a future GR Jedi? The KAM mission has one required unit (ARC) and it lets us choose our leader (Cody, Fives, Shaak Ti)

Even though Shaak Ti is the obvious and best choice for that SM, we have the option to use another clone trooper if CG releases any in the future, and some have tried and cleared it with Fives, so some players who already have a 7* KAM and want to experiment / play around with it have the option of having some fun

Can you please ask the devs to reconsider locking KAM in 4th slot so we can use Bariss, GAS + Ahsoka, etc?

Given other combat missions (KAM Shard SM), it doesn't seem like you need a leader required

I'm not even close to play phase 4 on LSGeo TB, even worse for obtaining even 1 KAM shard, but I agree...

Even the worst leadership ability would help, instead of having none; they should lock KAM and Shaak Ti on the 4th and 5th slot
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mariogsh wrote: »

I'm not even close to play phase 4 on LSGeo TB, even worse for obtaining even 1 KAM shard, but I agree...

Even the worst leadership ability would help, instead of having none; they should lock KAM and Shaak Ti on the 4th and 5th slot

I think thats kind of the point, they would have to balance the mission for the best one and then make it "semi required" to have for the mission.

this way its a simpler balancing process and no need to worry about breaking it later on.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I think thats kind of the point, they would have to balance the mission for the best one and then make it "semi required" to have for the mission.

this way its a simpler balancing process and no need to worry about breaking it later on.

Spot on.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »

I disagree with your assumption that it can be cleared without any leadership ability (without relying on supreme mods or RNG)

Because everything about LS TB shows that leadership abilities are necessary

I'm sure they never balanced LS TB with Galactic Legends in mind (since the kits were never finalized or created when LS TB was launched) but we are able to use them, as content gets older, it gets easier to clear, so I don't really buy that argument

EDIT: Well, I guess this is intended, so that's that

You can close the thread
  • Just put Kam in the 5th slot, and let the player chose whichever leader he prefers or has available. Maybe I want to use QGJ in the leader slot. Or GK. Or another one. Don't chose for me, and don't justify a poor job.
  • So if they ever reworked the GR jedis or added new ones, we shouldn’t be able to use their leader advantages?

They are all “semi required” at high gear anyway because of the insane difficulty.

But it really depends on how difficult the battle is to win.. Is the requirement justified?
  • This reminds me of how Malevolence is locked from DS Geo TB phase 2

It shouldn’t be this way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I disagree with your assumption that it can be cleared without any leadership ability (without relying on supreme mods or RNG)

Because everything about LS TB shows that leadership abilities are necessary

I'm sure they never balanced LS TB with Galactic Legends in mind (since the kits were never finalized or created when LS TB was launched) but we are able to use them, as content gets older, it gets easier to clear, so I don't really buy that argument

EDIT: Well, I guess this is intended, so that's that

You can close the thread

Ok closed.

On your last comment, you put the cart before the horse.

They most likely tests the GLs in those areas and do some kit balancing to not let them be too crazy. Also it's just 1 mission per phase, they may not hold too much on what a GL can do in TB. If anything they want to make sure they can do it.
This discussion has been closed.