SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Honestly, I think this is one of the better updates. We know what they need to see and we know the parameters.

A Few Teams to Consider:
    Geo’s
    Night Sisters
    Imperial Troopers
    Shak Ti Clones
    CLS

I’ve noticed most F2P counters take advantage of TM trains or AI/Taunt limitations. I think Malak limits the TM teams, but I hope thats not used a a crutch. A GL should be able to survive the first turn without a toon like Malak.

Malak wouldn't affect any of those teams. Only affects palpatine but its easy to fix with a culling blade to the face
  • MikKro wrote: »
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Honestly, I think this is one of the better updates. We know what they need to see and we know the parameters.

A Few Teams to Consider:
    Geo’s
    Night Sisters
    Imperial Troopers
    Shak Ti Clones
    CLS

I’ve noticed most F2P counters take advantage of TM trains or AI/Taunt limitations. I think Malak limits the TM teams, but I hope thats not used a a crutch. A GL should be able to survive the first turn without a toon like Malak.

Malak wouldn't affect any of those teams. Only affects palpatine but its easy to fix with a culling blade to the face

He inflicts fear on crits. This can absolutely limit the effect of TM teams taking out SEE on the first turn.
    MikKro wrote: »

A Few Teams to Consider:
    Geo’s
    Night Sisters
    Imperial Troopers
    Shak Ti Clones
    CLS

He inflicts fear on crits. This can absolutely limit the effect of TM teams taking out SEE on the first turn.

Fair point, but a GL shouldn't need something like it to hold vs lesser teams
  • MikKro wrote: »
    MikKro wrote: »

A Few Teams to Consider:
    Geo’s
    Night Sisters
    Imperial Troopers
    Shak Ti Clones
    CLS

Fair point, but a GL shouldn't need something like it to hold vs lesser teams

That’s exactly what I said.
  • pånøs wrote: »
    So what? Shouldn't JML be able to win SEE?

If they want it to be rock paper scissors, then no, he shouldn't or it should be very difficult.

If they want every gl to be able to win on offense, then see is failing at that against SLKR.

Right now every other GL can beat every other GL on offense pretty easily except see. He can't beat SLKR without crazy rng.

A Few Teams to Consider:
    Geo’s
    Night Sisters
    Imperial Troopers
    Shak Ti Clones
    CLS

Don't forget BH
  • Tbh, if they still have not decided anything then it will most likely be in in february and that is assuming they do anything at all to fix Sheev. Holidays soon and january will most likely be Mando content (The Armourer f.e.).
  • Thank you for checking @Kyno
  • Tbh, if they still have not decided anything then it will most likely be in in february and that is assuming they do anything at all to fix Sheev. Holidays soon and january will most likely be Mando content (The Armourer f.e.).
    Yep, and reasons for SEE farming will be completely lost, as they will prepare another Gls generation,
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tbh, if they still have not decided anything then it will most likely be in in february and that is assuming they do anything at all to fix Sheev. Holidays soon and january will most likely be Mando content (The Armourer f.e.).

thats not necessarily true, while this hasn't been said, the way the conversation that we are having seems like they are in the decision process and want to make sure the data they have is as solid as possible to support the decision that gets made.
  • Assassin9818
    349 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Tbh, if they still have not decided anything then it will most likely be in in february and that is assuming they do anything at all to fix Sheev. Holidays soon and january will most likely be Mando content (The Armourer f.e.).

thats not necessarily true, while this hasn't been said, the way the conversation that we are having seems like they are in the decision process and want to make sure the data they have is as solid as possible to support the decision that gets made.

Oh I know. That is why I said most likely. I would love to be proven wrong about this :)
  • We shall see what happens. I can only speculate.
  • Xagen wrote: »
    Yep, and reasons for SEE farming will be completely lost, as they will prepare another Gls generation,

We also don't know CG' planning of events. Maybe they will focus more on Legendary, EC and Journey characters in 2021. Only CG knows the plan :)
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Xagen wrote: »

We also don't know CG' planning of events. Maybe they will focus more on Legendary, EC and Journey characters in 2021. Only CG knows the plan :)

2,5 months passed since SEE was released, no improvements have been done, they didn't even fix his Link, to make him valid for RAID and against Kylo's solo. I don't think that by fixing his Link smth will be changed crucially for game balance and make him unbeatable. And even this key spec for SEE owners and actually not very disastrous for other 3 Gls owners have not been done. It looks like CG just want to fool players, they will wait till the moment arena roster become mostly lightside and say hey guys SEE is good against Jedi.

2,5 months passed since SEE was released, no improvements have been done, they didn't even fix his Link, to make him valid for RAID and against Kylo's solo. I don't think that by fixing his Link smth will be changed crucially for game balance and make him unbeatable. And even this key spec for SEE owners and actually not very disastrous for other 3 Gls owners have not been done. It looks like CG just want to fool players, they will wait till the moment arena roster become mostly lightside and say hey guys SEE is good against Jedi.

Yeah and then a week later drop the req for a new GL that will destroy him.

Yeah, Link has to be fixed. It's such a stupid mechanic imo. It even contradicts lore.

Yeah, Link has to be fixed. It's such a stupid mechanic imo. It even contradicts lore.

I’ve seen this posted but I never understood why it contradicts lore? I know Snoke is the one who says, “(he) was the one who linked their minds”. But you could argue Palp = Snoke and he does does drain them to revive.

The mechanic makes since to me but I haven’t heard the counter argument. Mind sharing?
  • @Kyno i just want to say thanks for keeping in touch with this thread. I know it hasn’t been easy at times but it is appreciated.

I’m not sure there is much I can add as my SEE isn’t optimally modded right now, but I did lose to a full R7 Padme team when I was on defence.

w855cm3xsohv.jpeg

6u284pnvc108.jpeg

Is this what you need?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Jdredsox can you list out your whole team with SEE.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I guess what makes me lose confidence that anything will happen with SEE is merely the fact that CG is putting it on us to collect data proving SEE is underpowered and just seems to be collecting data for months on end with no word at all.

I don't remember any previously buffed hero in the game needing data to be collected by the community. And I'm not just talking about the SLKR buffs, but also many of the other buffs that have happened to heroes throughout the years. Why is SEE different?
  • Assassin9818
    349 posts Member
    edited December 2020

I’ve seen this posted but I never understood why it contradicts lore? I know Snoke is the one who says, “(he) was the one who linked their minds”. But you could argue Palp = Snoke and he does does drain them to revive.

The mechanic makes since to me but I haven’t heard the counter argument. Mind sharing?

Yeah, Sheev drains the Life Force of Ben and Rey with that ability. He does not Link them with that ability. So in lore that ability does something else than in-game. He was surprised by the fact that they were a Dyad in the Force. The Force linked Ben and Rey. Snoke is also not Sheev. Snoke possesed free will. He was created by Sheev and the Sith Eternal tho.

• I've been putting SEE on Defense in GAC. He held really well in 3v3 (SEE, BSF, SET). In 5v5 I'm putting him with Maul, Dooku, SET, and Sideous because I don't want to break up my SE team. Here are a couple losses:

1jaylavl3r1e.png

0i4pzhu61f62.png

I'll see if I can see what my shardmates are doing to climb over the SEE teams.
  • Here's a video showing Sith Empire defeating SEE with a much stronger team. Both sides have great mods. I can find out details if it's needed.

https://youtu.be/pH94rulGsjU
  • Jdredsox
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Jdredsox can you list out your whole team with SEE.

No problem

R7 SEE lead
    R7 Vader
    R7 palps
    R4 D Revan
    R4 BSF (also tested with R6 thrawn in this spot)

Like I said not optimal so not sure how much help it is. We were basically testing for GAC.

nrap10bznk9n.jpeg

As you can see from the quote my SEE didn’t reach ultimate and we both agreed it would have been better with malak in there. (Reason he wasn’t was I use him for solo’s in GAC so wanted to test without). I was surprised that I didn’t kill any of his toons though.

Oh and thank you for the quick response @Kyno :)
  • Mandelbro wrote: »
    Here's a video showing Sith Empire defeating SEE with a much stronger team. Both sides have great mods. I can find out details if it's needed.

I can also confirm SE can beat SEE, I've had it happen to me in GAC. I'm too busy right now to post my SEE stats but he's R8 with all 6C/6B/6A mods.

bc770doudl06.jpg

And yes I realize sidious and maul aren't the greatest defensive team to put with SEE, but that's kinda the point, if I want a decent defensive team with SEE it means breaking up my SE and Triumvirate teams and losing a lot of offensive capability...
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Mandelbro wrote: »
    Here's a video showing Sith Empire defeating SEE with a much stronger team. Both sides have great mods. I can find out details if it's needed.

I can also confirm SE can beat SEE, I've had it happen to me in GAC. I'm too busy right now to post my SEE stats but he's R8 with all 6C/6B/6A mods.

bc770doudl06.jpg

And yes I realize sidious and maul aren't the greatest defensive team to put with SEE, but that's kinda the point, if I want a decent defensive team with SEE it means breaking up my SE and Triumvirate teams and losing a lot of offensive capability...

Sid and Maul would be WONDERFUL with SEE if they ever got fixed / updated. Or if SEE lead actually did something useful.
  • I haven't posted an update here in a while, mostly because there's nothing substantial I can pass along at this point. Kyno has done a good job of working with me on this and I really appreciate it.

The matter is ongoing.

That's all I have for now and more than likely won't have anything new until after the new year.
  • I haven't posted an update here in a while, mostly because there's nothing substantial I can pass along at this point. Kyno has done a good job of working with me on this and I really appreciate it.

The matter is ongoing.

That's all I have for now and more than likely won't have anything new until after the new year.

😞 this is saddening
  • L0rdVāder wrote: »
    I haven't posted an update here in a while, mostly because there's nothing substantial I can pass along at this point. Kyno has done a good job of working with me on this and I really appreciate it.

The matter is ongoing.

😞 this is saddening

But thank you for continuing communication
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Matter will be ongoing until the new GLs are out and then SEE will be old news
This discussion has been closed.