Malak bot using his 2nd special on hp benchmarks

BOMPA
6 posts Member
edited October 2020
I was wondering if anyone has notices this while fighting Malak in arena, but he seems to never use his 100%life drain ability. It would be a considerable nerf to his AI and defece capability if it is in fact so. He always uses his fisrt special against me in all th recent matches tha I've fought him

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are always skills that will seemingly not be prioritized randomly, I dont thinking was necessary a change to the AI.
  • Malak uses Torture instead of Drain Life against GAS with full 501 whenever hitting a benchmark. This definitely worked differently before.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are always skills that will seemingly not be prioritized randomly, I dont thinking was necessary a change to the AI.

Have you fought malak before? Lol he always used drain life when reaching his bonus turn thresholds while now I've noticed that he doesn't do it at all. It's probably accidental but still shouldn't be happening even though it makes beating malak teams easier now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Saada wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Have you fought malak before? Lol he always used drain life when reaching his bonus turn thresholds while now I've noticed that he doesn't do it at all. It's probably accidental but still shouldn't be happening even though it makes beating malak teams easier now.

I have not seen that, but yes I fight malaks much less than I used to.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Malak uses Torture instead of Drain Life against GAS with full 501 whenever hitting a benchmark. This definitely worked differently before.

Weird, just have him life drain fives instead of making him use Torture on random 501st
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Malak uses Torture instead of Drain Life against GAS with full 501 whenever hitting a benchmark. This definitely worked differently before.

Weird, just have him life drain fives instead of making him use Torture on random 501st

Against GAS
  • Whatever change was made has made GAS matches against DR much easier. Malak is now usually the first to die as he never uses Drain Life and always seems to use Torture on GAS and GAS just counters him over and over until he is dead.

Not that it was all that hard before, but now you don't even need to think about it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Whatever change was made has made GAS matches against DR much easier. Malak is now usually the first to die as he never uses Drain Life and always seems to use Torture on GAS and GAS just counters him over and over until he is dead.

Not that it was all that hard before, but now you don't even need to think about it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Malak is a Bot?
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Oh, I just call him Suicide Malak. Maybe this is how SEE is supposed to hold better than DR in arena.
  • Can confirm. He uses Torture now when he hits those thresholds against GAS & the 501st. It makes him pretty much kill himself since GAS counters him every time and makes him reduce his max health repeatedly.
  • I asked a dev and they stated this issue will be addressed in a forthcoming update.
  • I asked a dev and they stated this issue will be addressed in a forthcoming update.

Love the quick action doja