Portraits and titles in GC

For many years have I shown my love and respect to the art department - The art is truly incredible!

So my question today is whenever or not the possibility to have older feat portraits and/or titles return in the form of GC rewards.

When fitting to the GC theme - for example “Nightsisters” = Nightsister portraits/titles, I think this would be a great opportunity to recycle and showcase the dedication put into the artwork

@CG_Doja_Fett could we see this happen in the future?

Replies

• I believe it would also slow down the pressure in GAC, since the feat requirements can seem so silly at times, people won’t even care to complete them
  • I've got mixed feelings about that. I put in real effort to get the art & titles in GAC. If they weren't exclusive, that would be nice in one way, but it also means that I wouldn't be nearly as motivated to pick them up in GAC.

If they couldn't show up in GalChal for at least 12 months, that would be okay, but too quick a transition would simply make it worthless to spend the effort & take the risks in GAC.
  • I've got mixed feelings about that. I put in real effort to get the art & titles in GAC. If they weren't exclusive, that would be nice in one way, but it also means that I wouldn't be nearly as motivated to pick them up in GAC.

If they couldn't show up in GalChal for at least 12 months, that would be okay, but too quick a transition would simply make it worthless to spend the effort & take the risks in GAC.

Valid point, too quickly might not be the best way to do it but when more and more portraits gets added, I think it could work perfectly
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I've got mixed feelings about that. I put in real effort to get the art & titles in GAC. If they weren't exclusive, that would be nice in one way, but it also means that I wouldn't be nearly as motivated to pick them up in GAC.

Agreed but with some sort of timer, where they could go to GCs after a year or maybe after going though GAC X times or some other marker, it could work.

They could also make certain ones GAC exclusive and never make that transition.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I think if we do get a sequel to the hyperdrive bundle or something like that, it will involve all the missed portraits

I do like the exclusivity of the portraits and agree that after a year, it should be more accessible but not freely handed out
  • Yes, could be true
  • I suppose a portrait is better than 30 sim tickets but does a portrait or title get you any closer to a GL. No I think GEAR does!! The tiny minuscule trickle we get from these GC’s is bad enough but if they start putting in a picture of Mace with the title “my party is over” you know CG will eliminate a much needed gear piece or 2.

I only mean it as a further addition to the current rewards
  • I would at least like to see the feats come back in GAC at some point, so we can try to get the ones we missed.
  • No.. because if they do this we don’t get actual resources that you know, matter
  • Shaddess wrote: »
    No.. because if they do this we don’t get actual resources that you know, matter

Not necessarily... 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • I would at least like to see the feats come back in GAC at some point, so we can try to get the ones we missed.

Maybe, but again, it has to be a long time later (minimum of a year was suggested earlier) and if you do it inside GAC again, would it be a whole GAC where all the titles/art are repeats? Or just one repeat per GAC? Two?

How would you suggest that be structured?

I kind of like the idea of moving them to GalCHal after a year better, so that the GAC rounds can continue to offer new titles.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »
    No.. because if they do this we don’t get actual resources that you know, matter

Not necessarily... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes necessarily are you kidding me? This is exactly what the have done in the past with many other rewards such as achievements and later tiers in events. Can you tell me the last time you got a reward from a new achievement? I believe the last one was either JTR or chewy/C3po when they came out and the last event tier reward that mattered apart from the unlock Itself came from padme. We got some rewards from the initial quests when g12 came out but now it’s just titles and achievements... for MUCH more tedious content (looking at you galactic legend quest titles) It’s exactly what will happen here if you ask for pretty little pictures. These are useless rewards

I'm quite opposite on this. I miss pretty much half of all titles/portraits (today like 10 seconds separated me from the Nightsisters portrait) and I've found my peace missing them, because I have missed so many already. I don't have enough motivation to give all my efforts (including crystal usage) when I know I won't have them all (from the past) anyway. No great loss for the new misses, either.

I'm okay waiting a year (or so) for their comeback, but I also feel that they still should be in GAC instead of anywhere else. Just because they could be back doesn't mean they should be easier to acquire the next times.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Got a little bit of soft feedback on this. It's an interesting idea, but it's not going to hit the priority list at this time.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Got a little bit of soft feedback on this. It's an interesting idea, but it's not going to hit the priority list at this time.

Thanks @Kyno 😀
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Thanks @Kyno 😀

Having said that, I think it's a cool idea. Keep kicking it around every now and then.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I think adding the older portraits and titles as an additional feat to GCs is an excellent idea and said so awhile back. GCs were marketed on the idea of being able to use your entire roster, but in all honesty there is currently no incentive to do so outside of whatever earns you the full team feat and the no deaths feat. Reintroducing the older feats with portraits and titles at least gives you some variety to the feats which so far are rather lackluster in their variety.

Note: I am advocating these as additional optional feats for GCs that in no way replace the current rewards.
  • I have a better idea, taylor feats according to division. Have the same feats across the board but different requirments per division. Im tired of seeing feats that are clearly not made for division 1 unless you want to use mulitple squads to get them but then you sacrifice losing the round. Ive missed plenty of titles and portraits because i mean really who can against GLs, DR, Malek, GAS, GG, ect with trashy characters. Anyways thats just my two cents worth a penny.
  • Im tired of seeing feats that are clearly not made for division 1 unless you want to use mulitple squads to get them but then you sacrifice losing the round.

I sacrifice for mine - take out 4/5 then time out & restart against a single enemy with whatever is needed. The truth is that I'm not a top player consistently shooting for Kyber. When I play my heart out, I get consistently get close, but not quite there. When I make almost no effort at all, I still get Aurodium, so my final rewards don't really change.

That means that the sacrifice is already minimal, but the truth is that in the vast majority of fights it doesn't cost me the battle anyway. Either the opponent wins by way more than 15 points, or I win despite the sacrifice (which is actually more common). Not very many battles come down to 15 points or less, so if you want the title, my advice is just go for it. Take the sacrifice & then move on & hope for the best.
  • RogueSquadronOne
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Not a good idea....you have to sacrifice battles to gain these in gac and now suggest giving them away in gcs as rewards...
    No ....not good , they are gac exclusive so leave them there..you didnt want to lose a gac battle here or there to gain them , tuff ...pick which you are playing for , a swollen head for winning your awful gac matchups or forfeit the wins for pretty pictures and titles
    Post edited by RogueSquadronOne on