Memories and Favorite Moments - SWGoH is Nearing Five Years

Replies

• Took me 5 months of diverting every single resource I accumulated into the shard shop (literally everything, no character farming, pretty much nothing else) to get general grievous as he was in shard store only at that time. This was not my favourite time... As he was pretty bad when I unlocked him.

My favourite time was solving the puzzle of trying to make him relevant, and as time went on he got better and better as you all know. I'd say killing Darth Revan teams consistently in 39 seconds flat was the pinnacle though. ;)
  • Id have to say 2 things. When my guild first accomplished haat for the first time after a few failed attempts, and a couple dedicated guildies putting together the ackbar, bb8, thrawn and ventress team to finally start earning those Gk shards.

And the 2nd being the people I've met but never met. The guild im in has alot of its original members and we've shared everything from our cars, to our jobs, our kids and our cooking. And we can count on each other for advice in game and in real life.
  • Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Mace Windu TW bonus! My g11 Mace soloing a 110k gp sith team!

I hope I'm not slowing people down, but when was/is that?
  • Sebek wrote: »
    TimK wrote: »
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Mace Windu TW bonus! My g11 Mace soloing a 110k gp sith team!

I hope I'm not slowing people down, but when was/is that?

2018 i think

Oh right, cheers.
  • UPDATE: I was really encouraged by the positivity in this thread. Your sincere response (as well as haikus) were great to see, and they inspired me to go to the powers that be and humbly ask for the ability to offer a small token of appreciation. I was given the go-ahead to drop a few crystals into a limited number of players' inbox, along with a note that this is considered a special occasion.

As such, I went through and selected my favorites (not an easy task). Also worth noting is that I had to get my list in by noon yesterday, which precluded some really great responses that trickled in afterwards.

I've reached out to the selected players and will distribute the rewards likely by end of day Thursday (we're off tomorrow and I'm on my way to get an MRI on my knee after a dumping my motorcycle over the weekend).

While I was able to secure a reward for several more players, these were my top-3 favorite responses, in no particular order:

EventineElessedil - "Double Haiku" ...need I say more??

Ultra - Was it an esssay? Sure. But, it was well thought out, well-written and hit a lot of great notes.

WiseJedi - The sheer amount of positivity and sincerity was great to see.

I was also a softy for the posts mentioning how the game has brought families and relationships closer.

Well done, everyone!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Thanks, and I hope your MRI results are good
  • Injuries are never fun, hope it isn't too bad.
  • I know that I'm a little late on the thread but I just wanted to share one of my favorite moments. I remember about 7 months ago. It was probably about a month after I had started an account. It was about midnight and I was laying in bed doing the Pit Raid (non heroic, probably like tier 3). I remember I used Nute Gunray lead, Dooku, Poggle, Geo Soldier, and Ahsoka. I had not yet become a member of the swgoh community outside of just playing the game, so I was super excited when I managed to solo phase 1 of the pit raid. I remember putting extortion on the Gammorean Captain, and then I just whittled away at the brutes on the side. I remember thinking, uh-oh, they're enraged, I'm certain I'm going to lose, but to my surprise, the Gamorrean Captain always removed the extortion instead of attacking. So as long as I kept extortion on him he wouldn't attack and I just had to take out the brutes before they destroyed my toons. After about 1.5 painstaking hours, I had slowly Solo'd phase 1 of the pit raid. I loved every second of that raid (even if I didn't finish phase 1 until 1:30 a.m.) and that will forever be one of my favorite swgoh memories...

P.S. Doja Fett, I hope your MRI results turn out well.
  • I know that I'm a little late on the thread but I just wanted to share one of my favorite moments. I remember about 7 months ago. It was probably about a month after I had started an account. It was about midnight and I was laying in bed doing the Pit Raid (non heroic, probably like tier 3). I remember I used Nute Gunray lead, Dooku, Poggle, Geo Soldier, and Ahsoka. I had not yet become a member of the swgoh community outside of just playing the game, so I was super excited when I managed to solo phase 1 of the pit raid. I remember putting extortion on the Gammorean Captain, and then I just whittled away at the brutes on the side. I remember thinking, uh-oh, they're enraged, I'm certain I'm going to lose, but to my surprise, the Gamorrean Captain always removed the extortion instead of attacking. So as long as I kept extortion on him he wouldn't attack and I just had to take out the brutes before they destroyed my toons. After about 1.5 painstaking hours, I had slowly Solo'd phase 1 of the pit raid. I loved every second of that raid (even if I didn't finish phase 1 until 1:30 a.m.) and that will forever be one of my favorite swgoh memories...

P.S. Doja Fett, I hope your MRI results turn out well.

Love it! I've def lost some sleep in a good way myself.
  • No major tears or ligament damage. Just very badly bruised and the swelling is make it painful.

Good excuse to lay around and play vids!
  • Jeebo101
    24 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    No major tears or ligament damage. Just very badly bruised and the swelling is make it painful.

Ouch, wishing you a speedy recovery. What is your favorite game outside of swgoh ?

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jeebo101 wrote: »
    No major tears or ligament damage. Just very badly bruised and the swelling is make it painful.

Ouch, wishing you a speedy recovery. What is your favorite game outside of swgoh ?

TopHat is sus
  • Jeebo101 wrote: »

I've been pulled back into Slay the Spire again lately. I hadn't played for a while and I've been enjoying playing as The Watcher. I'm trying to finish an Ascension 20 run with her. I'm getting close!

I took a break to beat Tsushima, but I've been playing Warzone with the squad lately as well. .

Any leftover gaming time is spent between Rocket League, Hades and dabbling with Among Us.

• Jeebo101 wrote: »

I've been pulled back into Slay the Spire again lately. I hadn't played for a while and I've been enjoying playing as The Watcher. I'm trying to finish an Ascension 20 run with her. I'm getting close!

I took a break to beat Tsushima, but I've been playing Warzone with the squad lately as well. .

Any leftover gaming time is spent between Rocket League, Hades and dabbling with Among Us.

Cool, I’m not a very big gamer myself. All I do is swgoh and among us. One of the big reasons why I love swgoh is that it doesn’t take a big chunk of time out of my day, of course then it backfires some days when I have more free time than usual.

• My favorite moment was getting both Revan. I am a huge fan of Revan. I plaued KOTOR (still the best video game ever) and read all his books and getting them was the best moment ever. I cant wait to see if we will hace another Thrawn available at one point. Hes another star wars characther I really love.
  • In my previous guild, we first finished the heroic sith raid with less than 1 minute to run out of time. It was such a great moment of fear, joy, teamwork, a lot of adrenaline and emotions. I still remember the day. The guild group on whattsapp going bananas. A guy pulled over his car to have a go at the raid. Using every last toon on the roster to help as you could. And that feeling of achievment, of being part of something, you know? I was in the game for a little more than a year and liked it very much. But after that, it became love and I never looked back.
  • Been playing since launch, my favourite memory of this game was desperately trying to hide it from my then-girlfriend on my first trip to America in 2017. Not only was it the week I put my first Zeta on a character (Inspiring Through Fear for Darth Vader), but after my girlfriend saw me playing through Galactic War over my shoulder and asked if she could have a go I caught her downloading the game herself about twenty minutes later.

Now three years on from that, we still play together in the same guild and she's my wife xp
  • The most striking positive moment for me was a person (who identified herself as a woman who complained that I swept her in the GAC in 5 minutes, and said that she would think later and that she never wanted to see me again.

The TW specific bonuses were very profitable as it unbalanced the game so that not all the straight investment in the goal made a guild win.

The events of JKR and Darth Revan marked me since I had insomnia to unlock the toons in the first seconds of the return of these events.

Obviously what is making a negative is the match making, I remember every day who programmed this and several bad words are uttered.

This huge nonsense of blocking characters in the TW by voting is something that also marked me seeing the community rage was quite funny, with the words of the GC "we reserve the right to do this again" on that day I laugh and I don't forget .

It is not just positive moments that are the memories of the game.
    (Just like Darth Sion I'm Held by hate)

This change in the economy was a hit, but you are the GC, soon there will be another nonsense for the game as was the legends, and I will be here to feed the hatred of the community.
  • I have been playing since December 2019 so this is going to take some people way back maybe.?. I started falling in love with this game when i activated Vader lol. My girlfriend got me into playing swgoh and I picked it up as something to kill a bit of time.. little did I know.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    camper288 wrote: »
    The most striking positive moment for me was a person (who identified herself as a woman who complained that I swept her in the GAC in 5 minutes, and said that she would think later and that she never wanted to see me again.

So the wedding is off?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • cournojo wrote: »
    My favorite moment was getting both Revan. I am a huge fan of Revan. I plaued KOTOR (still the best video game ever) and read all his books and getting them was the best moment ever. I cant wait to see if we will hace another Thrawn available at one point. Hes another star wars characther I really love.

When I first interviewed at CG, the devs told me they were working on releasing Thrawn. I visibly geeked-out. The Zahn trilogy is what got me into the books. I think once they saw me get so excited over Thrawn, they knew I'd be a good fit.
  • In my previous guild, we first finished the heroic sith raid with less than 1 minute to run out of time. It was such a great moment of fear, joy, teamwork, a lot of adrenaline and emotions. I still remember the day. The guild group on whattsapp going bananas. A guy pulled over his car to have a go at the raid. Using every last toon on the roster to help as you could. And that feeling of achievment, of being part of something, you know? I was in the game for a little more than a year and liked it very much. But after that, it became love and I never looked back.

This is great. I can almost feel the tension and excitement. Congrats to you and your guild!
  • Been playing since launch, my favourite memory of this game was desperately trying to hide it from my then-girlfriend on my first trip to America in 2017. Not only was it the week I put my first Zeta on a character (Inspiring Through Fear for Darth Vader), but after my girlfriend saw me playing through Galactic War over my shoulder and asked if she could have a go I caught her downloading the game herself about twenty minutes later.

Now three years on from that, we still play together in the same guild and she's my wife xp

You are a wise man, indeed.

I just got dumped last night, but the story of you and your wife gives me hope. Well done and cheers to you both!
  • If KoTOR... are the tags going to be sorted? For example:
    - Visas Marr doesn't have Old Republic tag
    - Canderous doesn't have bounty hunter tag
    Cheers
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Been playing since launch, my favourite memory of this game was desperately trying to hide it from my then-girlfriend on my first trip to America in 2017. Not only was it the week I put my first Zeta on a character (Inspiring Through Fear for Darth Vader), but after my girlfriend saw me playing through Galactic War over my shoulder and asked if she could have a go I caught her downloading the game herself about twenty minutes later.

I just got dumped last night, but the story of you and your wife gives me hope. Well done and cheers to you both!

was it the bronzium nerf?

ps I would never steal a good joke from someone else's discord, no matter what anyone says...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Been playing since launch, my favourite memory of this game was desperately trying to hide it from my then-girlfriend on my first trip to America in 2017. Not only was it the week I put my first Zeta on a character (Inspiring Through Fear for Darth Vader), but after my girlfriend saw me playing through Galactic War over my shoulder and asked if she could have a go I caught her downloading the game herself about twenty minutes later.

was it the bronzium nerf?

ps I would never steal a good joke from someone else's discord, no matter what anyone says...

Hahahaha, that may have come up.
  • 5years of getting spit on by the developers and im still playing. i dont think i really have any good memories of this game. anytime i ever got somewhere ea/cg took it away and installed a new cashgrab.
  • I personally think my favorite memory is when I had first fully unlocked and geared up HK-47 and had fun with a full team of droids.
  • Unlocking padme, I was in school and it took so many tries but I eventually got her and it was satisfying. When I started playing the game my long term goal was to build a padme team cause I loved padme and so achieving that was nice.
  • EmmaTheGay wrote: »
    Unlocking padme, I was in school and it took so many tries but I eventually got her and it was satisfying. When I started playing the game my long term goal was to build a padme team cause I loved padme and so achieving that was nice.

I missed her the first time around, and her second coming followed the separatist rework which made my acquisition quite easy. I almost completed the mission with several lineups to **** what worked and show my guildies. I enjoyed the fact that there were several leads available.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.