Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Esharan wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with @Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

He's a forum mod, so yes he speaks from a place of authority. Both Doja and I work very closely with the moderators. Kyno works tirelessly to escalate important issues to our attention and relays updates when he can.

Okay so since doja Just leaked that we're getting beskar mando next week...Can you just go ahead and confirm it and get that news out to us officially.. also please don't get mad at doja We love him

He's a forum mod, so yes he speaks from a place of authority. Both Doja and I work very closely with the moderators. Kyno works tirelessly to escalate important issues to our attention and relays updates when he can.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2201164#Comment_2201164

This is going to get censored

Why do they still bother? The cat is out of the bag anyway.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Nauros wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

Okay so since doja Just leaked that we're getting "something" next week...Can you just go ahead and confirm it and get that news out to us officially.. also please don't get mad at doja We love him

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2201164#Comment_2201164

Yep it's all over discord and on youtube now.
  • Yeah just checked At101’s YouTube and he’s already covered it lol

I AM SO HAPPY. THE BEST NEWS EVER IN THIS CRAPPY YEAR.
  • As if it wasn't intentional...they (CG devs) know very well that Ultra is spamming F5 for dev posts 24/7.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    As if it wasn't intentional...they (CG devs) know very well that Ultra is spamming F5 for dev posts 24/7.

If it was intentional, then why are they trying to cover it up.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with @Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

I'll 2nd this. The forums are a huge place with voluminous conversations happening. Without Kyno helping to direct traffic and working with us on important issues, we wouldn't be as effective. He's essential.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

Okay so since doja Just leaked that we're getting "something" next week...Can you just go ahead and confirm it and get that news out to us officially.. also please don't get mad at doja We love him

what cat? I dont see any cats here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    It almost seems like vocalizing that we wanted answers may have expedited the answers.

Or maybe a coincidence.

That's good enough for me for now. I imagine the changes will be with the next update. If not then, not now, would be the time to start complaining.

That must be it. There is no way this could have been in the works for a week or two.

And no way knowing otherwise since you spent a day claiming arbitrariness and the thing happened while you were still at it.

this changes nothing about arbitrary timelines we were discussing. its still a bit of nonsense to try and impose those or claim them to not be arbitrary.

I mean you can call our timelines "arbitrary" (not that I would even classify them as timelines or deadlines, they're literally just us asking if there's any new updates), but what makes your idea of how long it should/should not take less arbitrary than ours?

If hypothetically, we didn't get this announcement today, how long would it have taken before you stopped jumping in with your complaints about how we're putting arbitrary expectations on the dev team every time someone asked for an update? Two months? Five? A year?

no, you can actually go back and read what I said, there is a difference between "checking in" or " asking for updates" and stuff like that vs claiming. "its been long enough" as if there is some information or knowledge that any process or project has had time to be completed.

There is an actual difference between those 2 scenarios. We could totally avoid one, and it would have no bearing on the other. That was my only point, we have no actual idea how long some of these processes or fixes take, so no real point in saying they have had more than enough time to do X.

Yes the longer it takes the more frustrations rise and I get that, but each process/issue is its own thing, so pointing at Y to say that X should be done by now or vise versa doesnt' really make sense, does it?

Claiming it's been long enough is an opinion. I'm not a mod so my statements are clearly my opinion. It happened that I was right on this one. If a fix was coming anyway then it was time for them to communicate it.

It's easy to say "be patient " when you know as fix is coming. But we aren't privy to that information so it is a little more difficult for us to be patient.

I didn't know it was coming, I knew it was being looked at, and I knew what information was passed to them. I am patient, I play the long game.

I also dont think being impatient and stating "it has been long enough" (type responses) are the same thing.

anyway, I'm glad this worked out. Hope we can all have a wonderful day thinking about what the future will bring us....

Ok so how should I express impatience?
    Saying it's been long enough that we should have an answer does that. I could put "in my opinion" in front of it but that hardly seems necessary since it is clearly my opinion whether I state it or not.

feel free to express it however you wish, but I may question your sources of what is "long enough" when a deadline that was not stated by them is reached.
  • Just wanna say thank you to the team, and esp @CG_Doja_Fett.
  • Just whole character rates doubled?

What about the 10 character shard etc ?
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    As if it wasn't intentional...they (CG devs) know very well that Ultra is spamming F5 for dev posts 24/7.

If it was intentional, then why are they trying to cover it up.

I don't think it matters much though. If he's a legendary or journey character people who want him still need to spend since IG11, kuill, add and possibly offer gideon will be needed and none are farmable yet.

If he's a marque, then finding out a week early changes nothing.

Possibly a raid reward too but I also don't see the harm in that being let out a week early.

It could be that the original post was incorrect on the timing so it was removed.
  • Wadthebad wrote: »
    Just whole character rates doubled?

There are no 10 character shard, those are all whole unlock drops, it's just that different characters unlock at different stars. 1-2-3-4 for traditional characters. 10 is 1, 80 is 4.
  • Wadthebad wrote: »

10 character shards are from 1 star characters dropping.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wadthebad wrote: »

Yes just the whole character rates are doubled.

as far as I know there are no 10 shard drops from there. that is a full character drop at 1 star (or is it 2)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

honestly it's just kind of sad man More people are going to find out about this on Reddit than anywhere else anyway. Seriously why are you fighting it This is great news the community is psyched.
    . Can't wait for "shiny stuff"

I am not doing anything.....except looking for that darn Kats. I hope some around here can understand that.

#Dojaisthebest
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Kyno I never sleep. Just a heads up

I'm afraid to ask what this is supposed to mean.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Please don’t do anything negative toward @CG_Doja_Fett! His addition to the team has been wonderful so far. This recent response performed by @CG_Doja_Fett has ignited a spark into the community in a very positive way. If it was intentional, fantastic use of PR.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

honestly it's just kind of sad man More people are going to find out about this on Reddit than anywhere else anyway. Seriously why are you fighting it This is great news the community is psyched.
    . Can't wait for "shiny stuff"

I am not doing anything.....except looking for that darn Kats. I hope some around here can understand that.
    #Dojaisthebest

Is he in trouble?

no hes in his house in Cali. where is trouble?
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator

as far as I know there are no 10 shard drops from there. that is a full character drop at 1 star (or is it 2)

I've gotten several 10 shard whole characters from bronziums in just the last week. It's characters like IG-86 and Ewok Scout.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I've gotten several 10 shard whole characters from bronziums in just the last week. It's characters like IG-86 and Ewok Scout.

Which means you got a full character of 86 and Ewok Scout. They unlock at 1* and so they award 10 shards.

Pretty sure it's 10 -> 25 -> 40 -> 80
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Which means you got a full character of 86 and Ewok Scout. They unlock at 1* and so they award 10 shards.

yep this.
  • Kyno wrote: »

yep this.

So does this thread close now or does it need to be kept open to continuously explain that the nerf is fixed?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Very close. 10 -> 25 -> 50 -> 80
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

yep this.

So does this thread close now or does it need to be kept open to continuously explain that the nerf is fixed?

try an catch any questions here to avoid more threads, but it will close at some point.