Are Threepio and Chewy bugged?

His special states that he will deal additional dmg for every enemy that has been defeated in battle up to 5 additional times. I recently used him in TB and that special in p5. Meaning that 23 enemies had been defeated by that point. So it should have been maxed at 1+5 x dmg.
Instead he only did 4 x dmg. Is it bugged or am I misunderstanding some interaction?
9h9g52tom3qf.png

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    It resets every wave.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    It resets every wave.

It shouldn't. It's "until the end of battle" not "until the end of the encounter".
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Correct. Also, if it reset every wave, then I should have only done 2x dmg in the pic above.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Correct. Also, if it reset every wave, then I should have only done 2x dmg in the pic above.

I'm assuming this is only the second time you used that ability? If not what's it doing in previous waves?

I wonder if it's something silly like not counting opponents that died from expose damage.
  • It was the second time. The first time was in p2 and it did 3 x dmg

9pipfcrd4bhw.png.
  • Luckily I recorded it. So I’ll detail the kills.
    P1
    Han opening shot (no expose)

Event special killed 4 (no exposes) maybe it doesn’t count these, but that still wouldn’t make up the difference

Chewpio killed an exposed toon on a c3po assist

P2

Chewpio special killed 4 (pic above. No exposes. Did 3 x dmg. Even without the event special kills it should have been 4 x dmg)

P3

Chewpio kill on an assist. (No expose)

Chewpio kill on an assist (exposed)

Chewpio kill on his turn (exposed)

Han kill (exposed)

P4

Chewpio kill on assist (exposed)

OG Chewy kill on assist (exposed)

Either Han or Chewpio kill on basic or assist. They both shot at the same time (Exposed)

OG Chewy kill on basic (exposed)

P5
    Either Han or Chewpio kill on basic or assist (exposed)

Then Chewpio’s special seen in the OP
  • So even if we don’t count the kills while exposed, assists, aoes, and event special kills, we should still have it maxed by p5.
    Luckily I recorded it. So I’ll detail the kills.
    P1

Event special killed 4 (no exposes) maybe it doesn’t count these, but that still wouldn’t make up the difference

Chewpio killed an exposed toon on a c3po assist

P2

Chewpio special killed 4 (pic above. No exposes. Did 3 x dmg. Even without the event special kills it should have been 4 x dmg)

P3

Chewpio kill on an assist. (No expose)

Chewpio kill on an assist (exposed)

Chewpio kill on his turn (exposed)

Han kill (exposed)

P4

OG Chewy kill on assist (exposed)

Either Han or Chewpio kill on basic or assist. They both shot at the same time (Exposed)

OG Chewy kill on basic (exposed)

P5
    Either Han or Chewpio kill on basic or assist (exposed)

Then Chewpio’s special seen in the OP

Yeah, even without expose, Han's openers and Chewie's AoE in P2 should have pushed you to the limits.

Something doesn't look quite right. Can you upload the video to YouTube and put a bug report in?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
  • Sure
    Sure
    I reached out got these responses (please note if you can post the video for our review, it'd be helpful):

"It won't continue to deal damage to units that were defeated earlier in the ability. It looks like the taunting unit in the back is still active; could the player post the full video of the interaction or post a couple extra pictures of the next few frames?

There's also the possibility that not all numbers displayed due to lag, but they still get counted."
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    You're right, it does say battle.

I would do what Udal said and upload it so we can all look.
  • Also, they're wondering (based on looking at Wave 2) if "the problem is they're just doing too much damage and killing units before the extra damage hits are needed"?
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Also, they're wondering (based on looking at Wave 2) if "the problem is they're just doing too much damage and killing units before the extra damage hits are needed"?

Doja, this was my second thought about the pictures as well. But we need to see the video because in the top it looks like one is still alive.
  • Also, they're wondering (based on looking at Wave 2) if "the problem is they're just doing too much damage and killing units before the extra damage hits are needed"?

I thought the same thing, but as you mentioned, in the phase 5 pic, two of the enemies survived the aoe.

https://youtu.be/Wo9JmnhJFwU
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    So the first time they definitely all die.

The second time, even though two are alive, I'm wondering if it's something along the lines of Doja's response from the devs where the numbers are maybe just not showing up due to the 4x speed. I would have to try and watch it with proper frame by frame software, but there's at least a point where I can pause it and additional non-crit red damage shows up, but that fades before the crit values. There certainly are a bunch of overlapping values on the screen.

I will try and test myself in Military Might on 1x if I can remember.
  • Okay, they watched and stated:

"Wave 2: Damage shortage is 100% a result of defeating enemies before the additional damage was fired (to be fair, the damage still fired, it just didn't have any targets left).

Damage numbers in wave 5 line up with the PvE difficulty override for each unit if you assume that 2 additional hits were dealt to each unit (looks like most were non-crits). So it looks like the on-screen numbers were not all displayed due to lag (similar to how certain animations don't fully display when graphic intensity increases) The damage was still dealt, however."
  • Okay, they watched and stated:

"Wave 2: Damage shortage is 100% a result of defeating enemies before the additional damage was fired (to be fair, the damage still fired, it just didn't have any targets left).

Damage numbers in wave 5 line up with the PvE difficulty override for each unit if you assume that 2 additional hits were dealt to each unit (looks like most were non-crits). So it looks like the on-screen numbers were not all displayed due to lag (similar to how certain animations don't fully display when graphic intensity increases) The damage was still dealt, however."

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the replies and for looking into that for us.
  • I've noticed missing damage numbers where there's just too many to show. Culling Blade during HAAT for example. You'll see no actual damage numbers but a massive line of green healing numbers rising up out the top of the screen. The game still registers the damage but you don't see it. Even on 1x speed.