Galactic challenge

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

Only a few scoundrel squads have been listed and if you dont have them modded right or geared high enough... you end up in the endless loop. That is poorly designed as the loop should not happen.
    EDIT (to add this): Having said that, I understand the frustration of being caught in an infinite loop with no escape. I'll bark up some trees and see what (if anything) happens.

Thank you. Please express that not fixing this in the 3 days its avaliable is going to be unpopular considering how fast loops and exploits to raids that benefit the player are quickly squashed.... this being a net negative to the player deserves even more focus and speed.
    Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?

Hate them personally. I do feel my high relic teams shouldnt be blown away in tier 7.

I feel my investment is not being respected when that happens.

Losing is one thing, that happens. I am battling a highly reliced team and whatever event modifier is in place.... but being squashed and not being able to take a turn is not something i will enjoy in that case
  • Options

Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?

Hate them personally. I do feel my high relic teams shouldnt be blown away in tier 7.

I feel my investment is not being respected when that happens.

Losing is one thing, that happens. I am battling a highly reliced team and whatever event modifier is in place.... but being squashed and not being able to take a turn is not something i will enjoy in that case[/quote]

Curious, do you feel that your investment isn't respected when your highly relic BH or Scoundrel team that you put on Defence in GAC/TW gets beat by troopers without ever moving? This is just the inverse of that.
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

EDIT (to add this): Having said that, I understand the frustration of being caught in an infinite loop with no escape. I'll bark up some trees and see what (if anything) happens.

The challenge raid can be beaten, but it's poorly designed for the platform and tools provided.

I think it'd be best if we tackle each issue on their own terms instead of turning all threads to general complaint threads. Is this particular gc besides the loop problem badly designed? Imo it's not. It's one of those -know the right way- gcs and doable if you have the tools.

That's fine. Just using an in-game example that good design isn't directly related to whether or not it can be completed, which seemed to be Doja's point that I replied to. Maybe I misunderstood

I wasn't suggesting good design is based only on whether something is beatable, but I can see how it could be interpreted that way. So, fair point.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Curious, do you feel that your investment isn't respected when your highly relic BH or Scoundrel team that you put on Defence in GAC/TW gets beat by troopers without ever moving? This is just the inverse of that.

Yes i actually do.

But to be fair i dont put them on defense for that reason
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Yes i actually do.

But to be fair i dont put them on defense for that reason

Good choice!
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm just tired of trying different mod/speed/team comps and having the close down the game because otherwise I get trapped for 15 minutes. This is poorly designed. I hope it was poorly tested, because if this was a know issue and some team of testers thought this was okay...
  • Options
    R7 sith empire with a slow (291) DR and marauder not trooper beats it every time. Malak gets wiped out almost instantly but the rest kill it.
  • Options
    R7 sith empire with a slow (291) DR and marauder not trooper beats it every time. Malak gets wiped out almost instantly but the rest kill it.

My SLKR squad beats it too, but I think the main issue is that scoundrels can’t unless specifically nodded with a specific squad.
  • Options
    If only I had been more patient
    r4ceymvzuw9i.jpg
  • Options

First up - I thought this event was pretty cleverly designed. There are a few ways to beat it (Jango, Nest, Cara) and none of these characters is exactly new.

Secondly, while I don't love the gated top tier box, I understand the need to protect the financial advantage for P2W players. While I wish the delta between the top box and the second best box was a little smaller, I realize you guys have to eat.

But the big question I have to ask is about the infinite loop. There are now a number of characters with infinite stacking mechanics and this loop is largely caused by the interaction between Piett and Nest's kits; did this potential interaction (with one of the most obvious characters to beat the event, natch) come up in the GC design/testing process? Does the dev team think players having to force quit the game is an acceptable user experience? Might it be prudent to build some sort of emergency valve for kits like this? Perhaps if there is no user input for over a minute or two, a prompt to quit the battle comes up?

These types of interactions have been happening in Territory Battles for a while now (usually with KRU) and there doesn't seem to be much urgency in fixing them. I'm just looking for a little more insight, because while veteran players know to force-quit out of the app, that isn't a given for new players that you presumably want coming to the game.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    This game is dead

The game? No the game is not dead. The dev’s understanding of their own game and @CG_Doja_Fett communication the last few weeks? Yeah...

Oh, you mean the last few weeks I specifically stated we would be gone for the holidays?

I believe it was two weeks that you guys were gone for the holidays. Few weeks implies even before that.
    However my statement still stands when it’s been pointed out countless times what our problems are with the raid (the universal stacking mechanic and the reward pool; NOT THE DIFFICULTY), as well as paywall feats in GC’s that have gone completely ignored. Which ties into the lack of knowledge of the game on the devs end, as well as no communication the last few weeks regarding hundreds of pages in multiple threads regarding the issues I just mentioned.
  • Options

A puzzle is fine; but how much of a puzzle is "make your toons faster"? When I hear a word like puzzle I would assume to mean that if you can outthink the challenge in kill order and squad composition (though there should always be multiple solutions given the parameters of "use your full roster" they initially gave us) with those modifiers in play, you can beat it. Be faster than Veers isn't a challenge you can outthink if you lack the mods to do it, and it's not a satisfying 'puzzle' to beat. (it's not lost on me either that if someone does need better mods then an event that gives you mod slicers is stopping you from obtaining them if you can't beat it)

While I appreciate you trying to get them to fix things Doja, that specific loop they had to have known about bc it's something we've all experienced with Nest in various counters and thus far they've not changed it. But given Nest is a scoundrel, and that's the required faction, surely it had to have popped up in testing? That's what makes us use phrases like poorly designed. Because either they didn't see that coming (which is weird because surely she'd have been tested as a scoundrel that's quite OP and used heavily by the player base?) or they let it go out knowing it was going to consistently and reliably happen (which is more than disappointing, as a customer who's spent a fair bit of money on it).
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Its more than just Nest that causes the loop.

GL Rey's lead "Wisdom of the Sacred Text" causes the loop.

Beskar Mando "Wonder of the Force" causes the loop
  • Options
    I like the puzzle aspect. It's fun to experiment with different lineups and tactics with no penalty for failure and unlimited chances to try again.

The infinite loops did get in the way somewhat but not the end of the World and hopefully not a setup we'll see very often.
  • Options
    Rey nest wat got my 3 kill change in t6, enough for full rewrd box, weapon on rey, tank on nest.
    Nest wiped them out with. 500k aoe after a fw miñute
    For scoundrels jango, then cara with fastest mods on, with potency cross,cara just stuns them all, then chewy han and beskar, who does little.
    I like the GC’s it rewards those ith more diverse rosters just as gac it os a deterimemt.
    Gc’s are not meant to done easily. If you have. Gac focused roster this can be the downside
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    GC's are showing over and over again that a big portion of this community are just casuals that are absolutely clueless about this game.

GC's are showing over and over again that a big portion of this community are players that are still waiting for new, engaging, fun content and have tightened their wallets until that happens.

You can make tons of money and also provide great content that is accessible for the entire community. It isn't binary.

• Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    GC's are showing over and over again that a big portion of this community are just casuals that are absolutely clueless about this game.

GC's are showing over and over again that a big portion of this community are players that are still waiting for new, engaging, fun content and have tightened their wallets until that happens.
    How are GC's showing that?
  • Options
    Borat wrote: »
    From panic farm calculator. Of course this is for 1 toon not 2 but close enough. 21 days, 3* start on 16 cantina were the variable used.

Name Shards Needed Shards Per Day Farm Type Energy Refresh Per Day Node Refresh Per Day Shipment Shards Per Day Crystals Per Day Notes
    280 10.00 Cantina 4 5 0

Didn't paste well but basically states 10 shard per day which takes into account 4 free energy refreshes and 5 refreshes. 5400 crystals total. Even with bad RNG, you should have one at 7* and close on the second if you spent more than that which you can do with what I stated before (900 crystals from arenas, plus the extra from TBs)
    Your maths is way off, and it isn’t helped by using a site that’s using incorrect parameters.

It was pretty much universally observed that the chance of getting a shard of either Kuill or IG was 2% per energy spent. It seems clear enough that the chances of getting one or the other was 50%, but I have not seen anyone show a single shred of evidence that it was ever possible to earn a shard of each off 1 sim. You got one or the other, period.

The GCs gave us 60 shards of each, so we needed 270 shards of each to take them both to 7*.

So, even assuming that you got the shards to drop perfectly evenly, we needed to earn 540 shards, which meant spending 540/0.02 = 27,000 cantina energy.

Now, let’s assume you went in with 144 cantina energy, earned the 120 each of the 21 days and collected all 21 bonus 45 energy on top. That’s ~3609 cantina energy completely free throughout the event. Let’s call it 3800, in case you went in with >144.

So, to get both at 7*, you would have needed an additional 23,200 cantina energy, which is a little north of 193 refreshes.

Over the course of a 21 day event, 193 refreshes means you got at least 9 refreshes a day. I don’t even know how much crystals that would cost you, but it’s a darned sight more than 900 a day.

So, with the greatest of respect @Borat, one of the following things must be going on:

- you got far better drop rates than anyone else playing the game
    - You spent vastly more than 900 crystals a day on refreshes
    - You spent large amount of crystals on shards from stores

Which one of these is it?

• Options
    From panic farm calculator. Of course this is for 1 toon not 2 but close enough. 21 days, 3* start on 16 cantina were the variable used.

Name Shards Needed Shards Per Day Farm Type Energy Refresh Per Day Node Refresh Per Day Shipment Shards Per Day Crystals Per Day Notes
    280 10.00 Cantina 4 5 0

Didn't paste well but basically states 10 shard per day which takes into account 4 free energy refreshes and 5 refreshes. 5400 crystals total. Even with bad RNG, you should have one at 7* and close on the second if you spent more than that which you can do with what I stated before (900 crystals from arenas, plus the extra from TBs)
    Further confusion...

4 free energy refreshes? How many free cantina refreshes do you get in a day?

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Just for the record, I don't really consider "move all your best speed mods to team X and pray for good RNG" much of a "puzzle challenge". Given the incredibly poor in-game mod tools, that's more work than puzzle. Especially because after such an event you have to move them all back.

That said, this one was barely tolerable compared to other such examples.

If the "puzzle aspect" was more related to team com, leader ability, kill order, and less on speed mods (which it always is), that would be far more fun and engaging.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Just for the record, I don't really consider "move all your best speed mods to team X and pray for good RNG" much of a "puzzle challenge". Given the incredibly poor in-game mod tools, that's more work than puzzle. Especially because after such an event you have to move them all back.

If the "puzzle aspect" was more related to team com, leader ability, kill order, and less on speed mods (which it always is), that would be far more fun and engaging.
    I’m not sure that’s a fair summary of this GC.

I read the tip to use Jango lead and have Cara at 308 speed or higher. That would surely only involve making 2 loadouts to achieve, at worst. As it happens I only had to change one mod on Cara. Once I’d hit that target there was absolutely no RNG or praying involved.

And this puzzle definitely had elements of picking the correct team comp and using the correct kill order. Speed helps, but it wasn’t unattainable speed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I read the tip to use Jango lead and have Cara at 308 speed or higher. That would surely only involve making 2 loadouts to achieve, at worst. As it happens I only had to change one mod on Cara. Once I’d hit that target there was absolutely no RNG or praying involved.

And this puzzle definitely had elements of picking the correct team comp and using the correct kill order. Speed helps, but it wasn’t unattainable speed.

Agreed - hence my comment about this one being tolerable.

In my case, I didn't use Cara, so I had to move mods on 3 characters (including full swaps on 2 of the 3) - again, the reason for the "barely tolerable" caveat on this one. There have been events/assault battles where, if I would have to move entire mod sets on 4 or 5 characters, I take a very hard look at the rewards to decide if the half hour that it's going to take to move them and move them all back (especially if you start breaking up sets, etc.) + the time for the needed RNG is even worth it.

Again, I'm fine with it once in a while or for one character, I just don't consider full loadout swapping to be a puzzle piece. And again, this one was tolerable.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

There have been events/assault battles where, if I would have to move entire mod sets on 4 or 5 characters, I take a very hard look at the rewards to decide if the half hour that it's going to take to move them and move them all back (especially if you start breaking up sets, etc.) + the time for the needed RNG is even worth it.
    Half an hour to create a couple loadouts and move each of them back with click? Yeah, no.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

There have been events/assault battles where, if I would have to move entire mod sets on 4 or 5 characters, I take a very hard look at the rewards to decide if the half hour that it's going to take to move them and move them all back (especially if you start breaking up sets, etc.) + the time for the needed RNG is even worth it.
    Half an hour to create a couple loadouts and move each of them back with click? Yeah, no.

You skipped the part about "especially is you start breaking up sets, etc." and conveniently turned 4 or 5 into two, but whatever. I realize most people on the forums would rather beat up straw men or nitpick than to try to acknowledge legitimate points.

• Options

280 10.00 Cantina 4 5 0

Further confusion...

he lost me at "assuming you get 10 shards a day" most days I got 2-6 shards. Several days toward the end I got 0.
  • Options

280 10.00 Cantina 4 5 0

Further confusion...

he lost me at "assuming you get 10 shards a day" most days I got 2-6 shards. Several days toward the end I got 0.

Yeah, this is either the work of someone with so many crystals they can’t keep track of what they spend them on, or someone that didn’t unlock Bando at all.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I only.had to move one mod set, to change Nest from a slow tenacity build to a fast potency one. And this is the first challenge where I've had to move any mods.
    The puzzle aspect was indeed related to team comp, leader ability and kill order (which is always is).