Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• UdalCuain wrote: »
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    8xm5ue9a0ndc.jpg
    Is this bugged?

Used jkl lead, got 10 hits in (13 actually) before they moved and killed em all before they took a turn.
    No pop up and no keycards, but the feat text disappeared

Coming out of Stun counts as a turn. They gain 100% turn meter, reach their turn, can't take an action as Stun prevents it, Stun is dispelled.

They still get a turn, but can't do anything with it.

Thank you. Sucks, but makes sense
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I agree with the expressed desire for better rewards, the people who can use some of the gear mentioned, mk4 stun guns etc, are the people who are going to really struggle to complete this. Please remove these poor rewards and provide a bit of a bump as well.

Would also really like to see some crystal income from this as there are refreshes in the mode but not crystal income.

Also as had been mentioned, we really need to see the enemy stats especially speed. In a turn based game this is imperative, please let us know what the enemy stats are after modifiers. The player stats with all the modifiers would be really helpful too.

Finally it was mentioned in the swgoh events write up that we shouldn't be facing a wall of gls or anything too difficult. There are multiple bosses that are gls, was swgoh events wrong? Or are bosses supposed to be an exception to that?

Overall this game mode has been quite good, implement some of these changes and this could be really special
  • Way too difficult for any of my teams on Normal. 1st battle used up nearly all my energy, even then it was I fluke I eventually won it. Can't go any further as the next battle is either Nightsisters or Geonosians, both teams I can't beat even when they are lower level than me in Arena scraps...

I have been playing every day for over a year as F2P. Around 2M GP total, 1.2M GP characters.

My best/most-resilient team is 96K:
    G12: Bastila, Yoda, Old Ben + G11: Windu, Luminar (sometimes swap Windu with G11 Anakin).

Next best team is 99K:
    G12: Vader + G11: Palpatine, Boba + G10 Dooku, Sidious.
    (these guys do a lot of damage but last a fraction of the time that the Bastila team do)

I was looking forward to having something else to do in the day rather than wait for the energy timers to refresh. Quite disappointed this is a game mode I can't use unless I grind away for another 6-12 months :-(
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I'll just throw this out there: The team I used for the first boss and got all 3 feats was: GL Rey (L), RH Finn, BB8, Ackbar and CLS. Was kind of surprised it actually worked, got 2 kills then used CLS to lower TM on the enemy with the highest, turn swapped with BB8 and had Rey just spam her non-damaging ability. Finished it off with Rey's ult killing all 3 enemies.

The other team I'd suggest for the ten turns is Palp (L), Vader, Gideon, Traya, Thrawn. Just don't saber throw with Vader and you should be able to loop 2 merciless back to back without killing anyone. Force crush -> merciless -> Traya isolates and reduces Vader's CD -> Thrawn swaps turns with Vader -> Gideon resets everyone's TM -> Vader gets another turn, does another merciless.
    It's what I use for the similar feats in GC.
  • Will there be bonus Conquest Energy once a day like with other types? :)
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Looks like I'm missing feats in order to max tickets

@CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb

unkkizreozs8.jpg

It seems to be a visual thing. I still need to do the TMR and 100K hit feat and they are greyed out.

The whole event is supposed to be random so there's no guarantee that those are the feats I have

I'm going to waste crystals trying to guess at feats.

It's new, we'd knew there would be kinks. I'm just making them aware of mine since I know others have the same problem

Actually, I don't think they said the whole thing is random. I am pretty positive that the feats are the same for everyone, as are the boss nodes. Only the nodes leading up to the boss nodes are random.

Funny, I thought they weren't random
    lzoup4vz0i7i.jpg

They aren't. You have the same feats as me and everyone else.

I don't have the tm removal feat I keeping hearing other people mention.

Edit: That's my bad. The TM removal one is in stage two.

It's the 100k and Chain 10 Attacks that I haven't done in Stage One.

Everyone has the same feats.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Injector box states -one of these items- while the other boxes doesn't have a statement. Do they work the same way or can they give multiple items?

x3i9a7yrwru0.png
    e0si2n6e6auc.png

• Would love a way to see our current Conquest Energy on the main screen, in the Objectives screen, or somewhere a little bit more accessible than the Conquest screens! Really excited about this mode though, thank you!
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    FYI, we are going to remove Galactic Legend Rey from being in squads outside of boss battles in the NEXT Conquest. Currently she can appear in a non-leader position in some squads on battle nodes but Galactic Legends were not intended to be on non-boss combat nodes.
  • I have to echo those here who find the "normal" conquest mode excessively difficult. I am not a rookie at the game, been playing solid for 6-8 months, lvl 85 with solid teams of gear 12-13, zeta upgrades, etc. By all means make the hard difficulty, well, hard, but at least make the normal difficulty somewhat accessible.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Telly973 wrote: »
    I have to echo those here who find the "normal" conquest mode excessively difficult. I am not a rookie at the game, been playing solid for 6-8 months, lvl 85 with solid teams of gear 12-13, zeta upgrades, etc. By all means make the hard difficulty, well, hard, but at least make the normal difficulty somewhat accessible.

It’s fine, you’re only 6-8 months in.
  • Most impressive! Love the mods you can add! Just wish I could have started on hard - want that razor crest!
  • My initial thoughts: The game mode is fun, it's nice to see some of the obscure team comps etc.
    It appears you should have plenty of energy to complete the event without needing refreshes if you're efficient.
    However, you only get like 120 energy a day which is 8-9 battles, you can easily cycle through 2-3 teams and stamina won't really be an issue. I feel like energy is more of a bottleneck than stamina is to my enjoyment of this mode due to how long you have to wait between battles once you use all your initial energy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    snednarb wrote: »
    Will there be bonus Conquest Energy once a day like with other types? :)

@snednarb no, no bonus energy for this mode
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I sort of get stamina, but I'm a tiny bit confused--can someone clear it up for me?

What I think it is, is that your characters operate at Stamina% effectiveness, right? So using the same team in back to back nodes, the second node they'd be at 90% stats? I know it regenerates 1pt/30 minutes, so no worries there. I just want to be clear on the effects of spent stamina.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Overall I am enjoying the mode. My roster is beyond normal, but good for testing the waters.

Many have stated the issues with the mode: feats in multiple spots, rewards pool, stats of enemies, stats of allies with data disks etc.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    8xm5ue9a0ndc.jpg
    Is this bugged?

Used jkl lead, got 10 hits in (13 actually) before they moved and killed em all before they took a turn.
    No pop up and no keycards, but the feat text disappeared

Coming out of Stun counts as a turn. They gain 100% turn meter, reach their turn, can't take an action as Stun prevents it, Stun is dispelled.

They still get a turn, but can't do anything with it.

I’ve attempted to use Mon Mothma and RF a couple of times now, counted 17 unbroken turns by my side and still no feat. There were definitely no turns taken by the enemy. There was a counter or two by Trooper, so it’s possible either that is disrupting it or maybe the summoned unit? Any thoughts anyone?
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Double posted
    Post edited by Firebrigade on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    I sort of get stamina, but I'm a tiny bit confused--can someone clear it up for me?

What I think it is, is that your characters operate at Stamina% effectiveness, right? So using the same team in back to back nodes, the second node they'd be at 90% stats? I know it regenerates 1pt/30 minutes, so no worries there. I just want to be clear on the effects of spent stamina.

@NicWester yes. And in the team building screen you can press on the stamina bad to see what the stats are for that toon at their current and max stamina.
  • Son_Goku9001
    102 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett I have been playing conquest and man what a great game this is. You definitely hit the mark here!!! Yeah maybe there is a few minor tweaks to be changed such as the Rey thing, but overall let us not get distracted that this game mode is overall fantastic. Also loved seeing your interview with Cubs and all you guys have been doing for this community. I just wanted to say thank you, well done, and keep up the great work.
  • Really enjoying it so far.

Undersized squads don’t count towards the “win a battle with a squad of all dark side units” feat. Description didn’t say full squad so that’s poorly worded if a full squad was intended.
  • Do the items in the wandering scavenger ever change for the duration of the event? Or is it always whatever is in there is static?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Do the items in the wandering scavenger ever change for the duration of the event? Or is it always whatever is in there is static?

Static
  • I like it Cg. Listened to Crumb talking to Cubs and loved Crumbs passion and breakdown. We've been asking for something to do for ages now.
    You have delivered! Well done to the whole design team.
  • Great job on this game mode! Managing stamina is a fun concept. There is a true sense of freedom to try what you want to do here as opposed to keeping up with the meta which makes it unlike any other game mode. I know there is some reworking to do but let's polish this baby up because this is a blast so far!
  • Great job!! Thank you so much for this game mode CG! The rewards are awesome and it’s a great experience! Look forward to seeing it change as it progresses, personally I’m hoping for some exclusive clone troopers. But I love the game mode, great job! (So much better than galactic challenges 🙄)
  • Great job on conquest. Awesome rewards and phenomenal experience! I look forward to seeing this game mode progress. Hoping to see some exclusive clone troopers! Thank you so much CG! I love this game mode! Keep up the good work!
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Game mode is quite interesting, and new content has been sadly lacking for a long time, so thankful to have something finally!! Bummer ships are useless though - maybe in future ones?
    Well constructed anyway, you have some choice, and a chance to use a few teams at least. Well done
    Only cons seem to be difficulty - with a recommended 2M GP, you're going up against GLs?!! Ouch.
    And the stamina drop - looks like you can just throw in GL teams 3 or 4 times a day to brute force the nodes if you need, so doesn't really require a deep roster. Though I expect that's the intent (encourage whaling on GLs?)
    Anyway, thanks for a new game mode - something to do between energy resets is greatly appreciated.
  • Huge win for CG! Love being able to use work in progress squads like my Imperial Troopers and still doing work, whilst blowing through teams with my strong relic squads. I am almost done with sector 2 and no real complaints aside from teams losing stamina after quick wins. It has that MSF raid/live arena feel, with the various feats in the live arena and, well obvious feel for those that play it too. But even with that minute complaint, I can easily ignore by trying to use some strategy to capitalize on using my strongest squads later on.

Its refreshing to go against relic teams and knowing they won't have what seems like endless H/P, Defense, Tenacity, etc because the add on modifiers are such a great boost to offset that.

I can see it being difficult for lower GP, but I don't have any GL's yet (hope to be getting JML soon) but even my non 7* g8-9/10 teams can work well such as my Imperial troopers being the biggest example I can use. Keep grinding it out.

Oh, and the prizes look great so far too.

So, well done on the new game mod CG!