New conquest event feedback

Replies

• The event is easy without any major barriers I have 5.7M of PG.
    Now having stun gun 4 reward boxes is an infamous joke, even for novice players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Engage wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You’ve been playing for only a year. Your roster is most likely not developed enough yet and only have a couple teams geared up. This is to truly test the depths of rosters. If you can’t complete it yet, that’s exactly what’s been intended when they said that it isn’t for everyone.

Also what nodes are you going after? What data disks are you equipping? What teams do you even have ready? This is an intricate new game mode that’s been live for 30 minutes. It’s intended to take longer than that as it’s a 2 week event. This is also just an exhibition round as well.

Take it easy young padawan

Then why allow me to see the event in the first place? If I'm not supposed to do it yet then put a prerequisite on it and keep it locked like everything else in the game when you first start playing it. What's wrong with having more players enjoy the event?

There are prerequisites. Lv 85 is required to unlock and they make recommendations for completing normal and hard. I’ve been a launch player and will take out normal for sure. Hard will be a greater challenge. I may not be able to even beat that.

But like I said, what’s your strategy? Your roster? I’d be happy to give you help on counters but need to know what you’re working with.

My ally code is 951 546 839

There is way too much event to explain strategy for. As far as discs go, they give 6 to choose from at first.
    I chose the healthsteal/defense penetration.

Why? Which teams are you using?

Check my profile I posted the link to.

You have a well rounded roster, I personally feel like that is not the best choice for anyone.

Do you find your toons dying quickly? Health steal is such a low heal, its limited use unless you have a team that is countering a lot, and is only helpful after protection is gone.

Also I recognize this is a little late for advice like this, but for future runs.
  • VaderRen5
    95 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    When I look at prizes box for last one, shows a different ship and a white background, does that happen to others?
  • I really like the game mode so far, the only problem I have run into is during my first 45 minutes of playing the game crashes 3 times during my run through sector 1. Was able to reload pretty fast, but it was in middle of battle, so lost energy. Hopefully that was not something that will continue to happen.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    You’ve been playing for only a year. Your roster is most likely not developed enough yet and only have a couple teams geared up. This is to truly test the depths of rosters. If you can’t complete it yet, that’s exactly what’s been intended when they said that it isn’t for everyone.

Also what nodes are you going after? What data disks are you equipping? What teams do you even have ready? This is an intricate new game mode that’s been live for 30 minutes. It’s intended to take longer than that as it’s a 2 week event. This is also just an exhibition round as well.

Then why allow me to see the event in the first place? If I'm not supposed to do it yet then put a prerequisite on it and keep it locked like everything else in the game when you first start playing it. What's wrong with having more players enjoy the event?

There are prerequisites. Lv 85 is required to unlock and they make recommendations for completing normal and hard. I’ve been a launch player and will take out normal for sure. Hard will be a greater challenge. I may not be able to even beat that.

But like I said, what’s your strategy? Your roster? I’d be happy to give you help on counters but need to know what you’re working with.

My comment was deleted. There is no point to messaging on here.

Post your SWGOH.gg page and I’ll help you out.

https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/

So looking at your roster you have JKR developed the most with, Mon Mothma as your second best team.

Your rosters issue is one we all made for TB fluff and that was inflating your roster for GP deployment. You have lots of developed toons at G8/9/10 but that’s not enough for this event being tuned to G12 and zeta.

My advice is focus on 5 teams, one at a time.

First finish your JKR team to G12, then old republic at 7*. The core team to JKR is JKR lead, bastilla, Jolee, GMY and Hyoda.
    That’ll get you Darth Revan. Slowly gear him and Bastilla fallen on the side. Mode her and him for speed speed speed, and of course crit damage.

Once JKR is done, next focus down on your bounty hunters. Get them to G10 to unlock Chewbacca. Once he’s unlocked you can focus down on CLS team as that’s a great team, especially with Chewpio.

After CLS focus down on separatists for Padme. Geo’s are a great option for that event and G10/11 with GBA lead will obliterate it.

Now focus on Padme so you can get that team running and begin getting set up for GAS.

You want to focus down on the prime teams still in play that yield the next big thing.

Conquest is for more developed rosters. You’ve got far more progress you can make.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    I like this new mode so far!

The only problem I see is this: don't make us wait till the end of the event to get the reward crate.

Let's say next time I get stuck in Hard mode after one week and I know I won't get through it, so the only reward I will get come from the second crate, why I should wait another week?? Let us claim it as the other rewards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    hungsolo wrote: »
    I mean the first sector should be doable if you’ve been at it for a year. This is also the first version of the game mode, so they will likely make some adjustments in the future. You should still be able to get some very decent f2p gear/resources regardless. Hope it opens up for you. There are plenty of ppl on here and in discord who would be more than happy to help you with strategy and managing your energy and data cards

This.

It's a progressive game mode, you should/will do better each round if you are developing your roster for other things, and as you learn to tailor data discs to what have available.

Also it is recommended to have a 2M GP, you can still play it with lower and make a little progress and earn some stuff.

It's all new, to everyone.
  • This is a mobile game which is very different from pc and console games. You can’t access everything day one or even 12 months from now. You have to be patient with your progression and eventually you’ll be able to do hard mode as well. There are plenty of things to do at your GP besides this mode.
  • A lot of sincere replies here offering to help and guide another player. I love seeing that type of thing. Keep it up!
  • Zumwan
    356 posts Member
    Im also having fun with this game mode, but I agree its a bit hard (normal difficulty). I'm making progress with my geo team, I found it's the only one of my teams that have a chance of beating some battles. I'm currently waiting for their stamina to fill up so I can keep on going.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Really love conquest mode !
    My only request for the moment, I can’t see my toon inventory ( with their remaining stamina) if I don’t have 15 energy. I should access to my inventory without having the 15 energy. You don’t have to spend it, but you need to have it....
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Let us check their stats so we have more information on what teams we should/need to use, please. I beg you for more info.
    This...100% agree
  • Here's a question: is it possible to get all the way through even normal mode w/o spending crystals? At 1 energy every 12 minutes, that's 120 a day, right? Which means 8 battles or 24 cards a day. That's not enough to finish normal mode, is it? Have i missed something?
  • Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Here's a question: is it possible to get all the way through even normal mode w/o spending crystals? At 1 energy every 12 minutes, that's 120 a day, right? Which means 8 battles or 24 cards a day. That's not enough to finish normal mode, is it? Have i missed something?

I haven't spent on a refresh and I'm 1 battle away from the boss node of sector 1.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Here's a question: is it possible to get all the way through even normal mode w/o spending crystals? At 1 energy every 12 minutes, that's 120 a day, right? Which means 8 battles or 24 cards a day. That's not enough to finish normal mode, is it? Have i missed something?

You can do every battle once without refreshing any energy in 9 days, according to a trustworthy person's math
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hal_10000 wrote: »

144/15=9.6 battles

24 hours = 120 energy = 8 battles

That is 121 battles in 2 weeks based on energy

14x5 = 70 battles in the path to make it to the end and some left over to complete feats and/or make up for battles not at 3*
  • I like the mode, would recommend to a friend.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Can someone explain yo me how one gets to the max crate?

Ive beaten every level, im going back for the feats for each section... and the overall feats.... but that doesnt seem to add up to top reward.

Am i missing something or is their an explanation i can see in game that im missing?

Ive done all the listed feats in section 1 but the traya fight lists 6 of 12
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Can someone explain yo me how one gets to the max crate?

Ive beaten every level, im going back for the feats for each section... and the overall feats.... but that doesnt seem to add up to top reward.

Am i missing something or is their an explanation i can see in game that im missing?

Ive done all the listed feats in section 1 but the traya fight lists 6 of 12

Nm i see there is a visual bug that the feats dont show.

Backed out and reloaded and there they were
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I have been playing for well over a year and every time new things get added into the game I feel like I'm left out.
    This new conquest event is the most pathetic excuse to tell 90% of the player base that they're not worth the time or effort.
    Thanks alot EA for another useless event that I will not be allowed to participate in for prizes.

You can use the same team at 100% stamina every 5 hours (If Reddit is right, we recovery 2% stamina every hour). Let's say you have only one good team (like your JKR one). Each time you connect to the game you could fight 2 battles, one at 100% stamina one at 90% stamina. You need 5 hours of rest to get back to 100% stamina. If you manage to connect to the game, let's say twice per day, it's 4 battles per day, so 52 battles during 13 days.

That's quite enough to engage the event plenty and clear some sectors. Just give it time, it's a 13 days event.

And if you want to play more, you can use the currency you'll gain to buy some Stimpacks to replenish stamina, advance further in the event and net yourself better rewards.

Just win fights with your one good team and have some fun trying stuff with your other teams, you'll have to much energy anyway. At the end of the event, you'll get some reward for sure. Don't be afraid to spend event currency to buy consumables if it could help you move further in the event by breaking a boss wall.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

They want to entice you to spend money to upgrade your roster faster so you can participate. It’s part of what I call irritation spending. Like when your farming for that final gear/shard piece and it just won’t drop till you’ve spent 200 or more crystals. That’s irritation spending.

Or to let you practice and get at least some of the rewards, the enemies in sector 1 are not that tough.
    And the part with final piece drop is just wrong, people simply tend to remember more when it happens.
  • biggles
    1144 posts Member
    Usually when you release something new there's alot to complain about, but the game mode is actually good, just some of the data disks need refining to eliminate loops
  • Thulsadoom
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Completed sector 5 earlier - I feel 2 weeks is too long but it’s an exhibition event so that’s fine. I think it’s a great addition to the game. It’s paced nicely, the cards help compensate for relic levels and stamina penalties as well as introducing new ‘tweaks’ to the game that call for interesting choices as you progress and I imagine will become clutch In hard mode. For those complaining about the rewards - it’s incremental and that’s never a bad thing.

By way of additional things - I would like to see more diversity in what you can buy with the currency. And a tweak to the layout as it can be confusing for some on where the feats are etc. But it’s a minor QOL issue.

Looking forward to the hard mode. Great job in this content.
  • Thulsadoom wrote: »
    Completed sector 5 earlier - I feel 2 weeks is too long but it’s an exhibition event so that’s fine. I think it’s a great addition to the game. It’s paced nicely, the cards help compensate for relic levels and stamina penalties as well as introducing new ‘tweaks’ to the game that call for interesting choices as you progress and I imagine will become clutch In hard mode. For those complaining about the rewards - it’s incremental and that’s never a bad thing.

By way of additional things - I would like to see more diversity in what you can buy with the currency. And a tweak to the layout as it can be confusing for some on where the feats are etc. But it’s a minor QOL issue.

Looking forward to the hard mode. Great job in this content.

How many crystals did you spend on ticket/energy refreshes?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I think there needs to be an information section in game. For example: how do i get answers to questions like

Do the data disc stack?

Example: the decay turn meter. 6.5% turn meter reduced on hit of enemy. Could i put 12 of those in play and it do 78% tm reduction on hit?
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Teddygz wrote: »
    I've beaten traya 3x 3* each time and still just 3/12 am I wasting energy yjxmeg6vc8xg.jpg

Nevermind found the feats

hahahaha the same! I did it twice but still 3/12, then I found the feat. No game for me the blind!lol
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I think there needs to be an information section in game. For example: how doniget answers to questions like

Do the data disc stack?

Example: the decay turn meter. 6.5% tunr meter reduced on hit of enemy. Could i put 12 of those in play and it do 78% tm reduction on hit?

They stack. Crumb mentioned it Cubs stream apparently. Someone asked in one of the other Conquest threads.
  • Feedback: scrap GL opponents all together from normal mode. They're the hardest toons to beat, and are designed for more end game players- not the type of player who will be playing Normal mode typically