Let's Chat About Conquest Strategy

Prev13456
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Let's chat about Conquest, strategy, data disks and consumables!

Some suggestions to get us started are listed below, but feel free to add whatever tips, tricks and other Conquest-related fun stuff you want to throw into the mix.
  • What's your favorite combo of data disks?
  • If you could make your own data disk, what would it do?
  • Share your best strategy for conquering different feats.
  • What squad, data disks, consumables, or strategy did you use to achieve some of the more difficult ones?
  • What's your strategy for Consumables and which ones do you think are the best?
  • What's a squad you've found surprisingly powerful or fun during your runs?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Fave combo - Offensive buffs, Defensive Buffs (this one needs work, they are for one turn, gained at the start of a turn and expire before providing any benefit, unless you get counter-attacked during that turn) and the Portable Cooling Systems takes some beating. I liked Dread too, but stuff kept dying too quickly with it attached when I tried to do the feats.

I'm at 100% completion, all feats done and max rewards. The feat that cause me the most hassle was the 700% TMR against SEE, particularly as him and Vader are immune to TMR. I had the cooldown reduction, offensive buffs and defensive buffs data disks equipped (fave comb as above). Using Vader lead, EP, Badstilla, Thrawn and Malak, I spammed Merciless Massacre and Basic, killed Vader first and hoped SEE got the locked Daze debuff. If he didn't I'd restart. Cycled MM and Basic on SEE 'til he was dead, then used Thrawn to keep swapping to EP as he was the lowest damage dealer and used basics on the remaining three until time was nearly done. Killed them and got the remove 700% TM feat. There are easier ways to do it, but that worked for me. Nightsisters smashed the "No Attackers" stage feat too.

Tether was a great Consumable, and I think the only one that I really used. Preventing the teams around boss battles from using their specials for the first couple of turns really tipped the battles in my favour.

CLS, Threepio, Chewie, Threepio and Han were still smashing stuff even when their stamina was low. They must have been knackered by the end of this Conquest.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Are you planning on giving us your answers to those questions @CG_Doja_Fett ?

Yes, but I'll wait until a few more people have chimed in.
  • Hello Holotable Heroes,

Some suggestions to get us started are listed below, but feel free to add whatever tips, tricks and other Conquest-related fun stuff you want to throw into the mix.
    • What squad, data disks, consumables, or strategy did you use to achieve some of the more difficult ones?
    • What's your strategy for Consumables and which ones do you think are the best?

Are we going to get Sigsig as a boss?
    But seriously, my fav combo is massively overpowered, with both cards that give buffs, cooling systems and stacking offense. Cheesing teams with yoda and vader is pretty fun.
    I don't use consumables, don't need them most of the time and rather just buy stun guns in the store
    I also love how youtubers are making vids about conquest, this is my favorite one so far.
    If I made my own data disk it would add Sigsig as a summon.

Praise Sigsig
  • I believe the buff disk (offensive or defensive) and cooldown makes Vader go on Merciless Massacre forever. Sadly my stupid ignorant mind thought 10% or something was too low chance for CD to reduce to I decided against. Oh how wrong I was...

I am not good with making new ideas, so not sure about what new disk would do. Maybe similar to the buff disk have a debuff disk that applies to enemy?

Nightsister Zombie is simply made for feats in GAC and now in Conquest too. Need to do something multiple times? Just wreck that poor zombie over and over. Also just loving that the modifier for GML in the sector 5 boss gives you -3 cooldown on your abilities so GMY's AoE attack will always available to use and you can spam it endlessly until they die because bonus turn takes priority over enemy's 100% TM. It's like he is on drug.

I found Geonosian with the TM reduction on attack disk to be pretty fun, enemy are basically immobilized. I don't find consumables interesting, mainly using my limited currency for gears.

• Chiss5618 wrote: »
    Praise Sigsig
    Yes.

Adding several cooldown reduction data disks make fun interactions by using specials after specials.

If you could make your own data disk, what would it do?

It would give me a Windu rework

What's a squad you've found surprisingly powerful or fun during your runs?

Dooku and Wat with the right data disks can kill teams at a considerable higher gear level
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    What's your favorite combo of data disks?

This wins the internets today
  • DarthTriumvirate
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Dread is my only purple disk so far, but it's fantastic. It gives a huge advantage against most teams, but it does seem to make the battles too fast to get any sustain feats, such as numbers of crits. Aside from that, the CD reduction from cooling systems is super good, and decay is an all-around pretty versatile disk. Leader's Resolve is a bit niche, but it's super strong where it can be used. Amplify Agony and Potency Calibration are also made to be together, and since both Resolve and those 2 add up to 3 data capacity, they can be interchangeable.
    Keeping in mind that I don't know what all the data disks do yet, so I may be repeating one that already exists, it would be really nice to have one that gave reduced damage taken. Especially when fighting GR teams, I think this disk could be super useful, as it would make the damage reflection less punishing, and would allow you more room to let fights last longer to get some difficult feats, especially in boss battles.
    Share your best strategy for conquering different feats.
    Geos are great for the crit feat on the DR boss but I keep winning before I get 30 crits, and below 100% stamina they lose. Might have to work on that one (CC consumable maybe)
    Aside from that, DR trio plus Gideon is great for the tm removal feats. Gideon's 100% removal plus Stagger from BSF adds up really quick. Using KRU or another strong pretaunt as 5th allows for a low gear Gideon to survive long enough to go.
    What squad, data disks, consumables, or strategy did you use to achieve some of the more difficult ones?
    Darth Revan OP. End of story. Leader's Resolve is really good with DR, as well as Decay and Amplify Agony. So much damage, battles are over instantly. You can beat the sector 2 boss in like 5 moves.
    What's your strategy for Consumables and which ones do you think are the best?
    I haven't needed any yet so I can't speak to this.
    However, my general impression is that the stim ones seem terrible. Even ignoring the fact that just having patience makes them basically worthless, a stamina refill on a single character is not worthwhile. Considering you use full teams, that would require 5 stims instead of 1 to return all characters to the same level, which is much too expensive. In addition, the large stim seems completely useless as there's almost no instance in which you would use a character down to 50% stamina and then want to immediately refill them. I think, for the sake of those with little patience, these would be much better if the stamina increase was divided among 5 characters instead of on 1. That 50% stamina refill would be a lot more useful if it was 10% on 5 characters instead of 50% on 1.
    JKR is insane. GMY plus 2 cooling systems for 25% cooldown chance plus decay is nuts. GMY will take 4 or 5 turns in a row and remove tm from everyone each time, then he'll not reset CD, but you can just use his buff spread and then go again. You can take out a Padme team in sector 3 without any of them taking a turn. I imagine Massively Overpowered would go well with this too, but I don't have it. This team is especially great because with only a few g13, it seems to function pretty well down to about 50% stamina, which is better than anything else I've used.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    My favorite combination, like others have said, is the buffs + cooldown reduction

> If you could make your own data disk, what would it do?

Some niche data disks might be cool, like you get double stacks of everything that isn't a buff or debuff (droid battalions, Dark Trooper Stacks, Siphon, Prepared, etc)
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    The data disk with the healing immunity and armor shred is quite nice.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • >What's your favorite combo of data disks?
    Anything with Booming Voice

>If you could make your own data disk, what would it do?
    I'd like to see a Data disk that summons a minion depending on what faction is in the leadership slot
    Or ones that unlock abilities like from TB, like the 4 dot massive damage one is great but it would also be nice to have a lower dot AOE buff dispel like Rebel Strafing Run

>What's your strategy for Consumables and which ones do you think are the best?
    Haven't really used consumable, but I haven't really had a need to use consumables so maybe they will be more useful in the hard Conquest.

>What's a squad you've found surprisingly powerful or fun during your runs?
    DV, Ordo, Bando, Mission, and Zaal, with the Booming Voice Disk applies so many dots
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I’ll write more later but a quick response was leaders resolve. Stacking as many as possible made Grevious and absolute monster and he crushed teams like nobody’s business. Now THAT was fun
  • Chiss5618 wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

Are we going to get Sigsig as a boss?
    But seriously, my fav combo is massively overpowered, with both cards that give buffs, cooling systems and stacking offense. Cheesing teams with yoda and vader is pretty fun.
    I don't use consumables, don't need them most of the time and rather just buy stun guns in the store
    I also love how youtubers are making vids about conquest, this is my favorite one so far.
    If I made my own data disk it would add Sigsig as a summon.

Praise Sigsig

Oh wow...that was quite the find! Lol
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »

Yeah, that's pretty good haha
  • Woolies: my favorite anti- Phoenix team so far
    nhd515g5j4pz.png
    Of course it's just a pet project of mine for fun that I have tried to find a use for, and so far this is it!
    Halfway through Sector 4 and still smashing Phoenix.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »

Yeah, that's pretty good haha

Given that you are new in the community, this has been a running gag due to cg's insistence of not reworking a major character (since they went through most as such).
  • I was originally having issues getting 3* (and therefore 3 Key cards) on Geonosian nodes. Given the speeds of the Geos it was hard not to have the enemy team just start a tm train. But I found a team composition that works really well. Grevious lead, GBA, Vader, Wat, Palpatine. Put Weapon Tech on vader. The opposing geos will attack your GBA brute and kill him. This will trigger grevious's metalloid monstrosity. Use Grevious's ability Grevious Wounds (middle ability). Between his leadership and the function of this ability, he will remove TM from the enemy Geos. This will Stop the enemy TM train and then remove TM so your team can get a turn. Then Vader goes and he will destroy the enemies with Merciless Massacre. (Palpatine is just there to give Vader some extra speed) Hope this can be helpful for other people.
  • iZeta
    14 posts Member
    I loooove the data disks that give bonus TM when you gain buffs, have them stacked with the one that gives me buffs at the start of the battle. Almost cleared sector 4 and loving it so far. Also PRAISE SIGSIG
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I am more just reporting what I found fun.

I enjoy the booming voice, dread, & cooldown reduction combo. Using GMY over and over and over to spread buffs to my JKR squad to complete the mark feat against NS. It was also fun to use a squad of supports with Padme, Shaak, C3PO, R2 & Hoda to complete no attackers and no tanks feats.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    5x Amplify Agony paired with Ruthless Swiftness and going in with Darth Revan, Badstila and the Trio - sometimes the battles is over and i don't even know what happened, they just die from taking turns.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Decay: Turn Meter, Deployable Cooling Systems and Turn Meter is fun as heck with Piett Troopers.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I'm down to one last feat because I finally managed the 700% TMR against SEE.

Cooling System, Vader lead, Thrawn, Gideon, Shore. Vader just did Merciless + Culling Blade over and over to wipe SEE through the double taunts, then it's a matter of just passing turns between Thrawn and Gideon and having Gideon wipe TM. It also took several attempts until I realized you could click on the enemies and see which modifiers they would apply to SEE when you killed them. Duh.

When I first saw the feat I figured I'd skip it, but it's actually entertaining to come up with combos to solve them.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2021

Not sure, it cost tickets to change them. Not gonna waste them on that.

I attach the ones i got and the when it was full i got a higher power one ttached and had to spend tickets to remove some lower powered/dot ones.... i then stopped looking at it and opted to power through.
    Share your best strategy for conquering different feats.
    What squad, data disks, consumables, or strategy did you use to achieve some of the more difficult ones?

See above for disk questions.

For feats i just powered through till i did all the ones i needed. Im ignoring any that are best suited to be done when a counter/progress bar is added into the match.
    What's your strategy for Consumables and which ones do you think are the best?

I used one stamina refresh. Decided it wasnt worth doing and waited till next day to play again.

Imperial troopers. Veers, piett, stark, gidieon and range for the win
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    I don't see the interest of double cost for : energy an endurance.
    I really don't think that normal mode is playable by 2M PG games...
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    my favorite combo so far is having 3 turn meter gains when you get a buff (mine is like 9-10% per buff) along with a chance at cooldown reduction per buff. yoda, bastilla and nihlius can be pretty deadly with that combo
  • My own data disk would be one that either cost less Stamina per fight, or speeds up Stamina regeneration between fights.
    Loving the fights and all that goes with it, very fun mode, good stuff (half way through P4 and enjoying it)
  • Proposed new data disk:
    Treasure Hunter. Gives an increased chance of finding a blue or purple data disk.

After doing 4 zones I have only found 1 blue disk and 0 purple disks. This lack of good data disks uis very frustrating as there is nothing I can do to fix it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The cooldown reduction datadisk needs to be looked at. It's interacting with Darth Vader (and possibly others) in a really weird way. I'll use Merciless Massacre and after one or two abilities I'll be able to use Merciless Massacre again. And again. And again. It seems like maybe the disk is also counting debuffs for cooldown reductions? It's the only disk I have that reduces cooldowns, so it has to be the culprit.

So, other than abusing that, my strategy has generally been to advance as far as possible and not worry about feats at all. When I eventually top out at a battle I just can't complete I'll go back and focus on feats. I have only bought two energy refreshes and haven't used any consumables and I'm sitting at 223 keycards at the start of board 3.

I swap up my disks from time to time but I think I've hit a nice general use combination for now--I'll change them out later for different feats and to fine-tune certain boss battles.

I'm not spending the currency yet. Part of the problem is that I don't really know what I should be spending it on. I use a little to swap out disks and like the cost being this low so that it encourages experimentation and upgrading when you get new ones without draining your currency--it's a nice bit of friction that doesn't hurt. Just enough for some texture. I don't buy consumables because I'm able to beat all the nodes I've done so far. I haven't bought gear yet, either, because I haven't seen anything I need in the Conquest store. I'd like to buy from the Wandering Jawas, but since there are a decent number of them and I can always go back to them later in the event I hold onto my currency with the intent of splurging in the final days.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @NicWester it could be that it's coded to trigger on "positive status effects" and his bonus turns are triggering it.