Replies

• TuviaDawg
    180 posts Member
    it was a okish episode
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TuviaDawg wrote: »
    it was a okish episode

Agreed. The episode seems like it was just building up towards the episode that will come out next week.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    it was a okish episode

Agreed. The episode seems like it was just building up towards the episode that will come out next week.

same as the last...
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    it was a okish episode

same as the last...

They better have a really good episode in the following weeks, since they've been building up towards something, and I hope it happens soon.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Better than last week for sure.

Still pretty poor. I don't like Omega. I don't see the point in her this is not what the shows direction should focus on.
  • Overall kinda average. Is Crosshair's team going to turn into Inferno squad from the other game? I never played it but the woman looked similar to the main character.
    I wonder if Wrecker's chip is going to "Malfunction" after hitting his head and he is going to go a little 66 on the team. It would give a reason for Tech to use the device he was building this episode. They just referenced it a lot for someone who enjoyed getting shot, yeah they crashed landed but I'm sure he's been hit harder than that more than once.
    I also wonder if it is going to come out that Omega's "speciality" is going to be a mimic. First she got CH's shooting skill, then it looked like she was copying Tech when he was programming the chain codes, this episode with Hunter tracking. Would make sense for a talent that the next gen of clones would have.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm not sure what I expected for this series, but so far, I'm pretty meh about it.

• Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    I think some are expecting too much too soon with it so far. Last two episodes have been okay, not the best obviously. it’s clearly trying to make us connect a little more with the whole squad since we only saw them in action really in TCW S7. Personally I’m loving Wrecker at the moment he is just a big kid and I’m intrigued to see how the story develops from here. Expecting a few more build up episodes and then I’m sure we will get some big episodes throughout the season. Clone Wars wasn’t the best at the start and definitely had some less than good episodes throughout so I would expect the same with Bad Batch
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I don’t think the time frame for the episode is long enough. The last 2 episodes seem like they just get going and then time is up. I will say this episode is better than last, though not by much. They’re doing an awful lot of build up. So I am thinking things are going to pick up and quick. Omega is ok so far, not sure a whole series is going to be dedicated to her. They’ve set things up for a lot.

wrecker wants to do something besides getting shot by crosshair!!!
    nies1q45qp7b.gif
  • Overall kinda average. Is Crosshair's team going to turn into Inferno squad from the other game? I never played it but the woman looked similar to the main character.
    I wonder if Wrecker's chip is going to "Malfunction" after hitting his head and he is going to go a little 66 on the team. It would give a reason for Tech to use the device he was building this episode. They just referenced it a lot for someone who enjoyed getting shot, yeah they crashed landed but I'm sure he's been hit harder than that more than once.
    I also wonder if it is going to come out that Omega's "speciality" is going to be a mimic. First she got CH's shooting skill, then it looked like she was copying Tech when he was programming the chain codes, this episode with Hunter tracking. Would make sense for a talent that the next gen of clones would have.

What would make more sense is if the kaminoans tried combining Bad Batch’s unique mutations and combining them into one super duper super soldier, aka Omega. Then Omega would be a reference to the ultimate soldier, the last one needed. So she may have been bred to combine all their special traits. 🤷‍♂️
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I don’t think the time frame for the episode is long enough. The last 2 episodes seem like they just get going and then time is up. I will say this episode is better than last, though not by much. They’re doing an awful lot of build up. So I am thinking things are going to pick up and quick. Omega is ok so far, not sure a whole series is going to be dedicated to her. They’ve set things up for a lot.

I agree with all of this. It's actually a little frustrating, as the general story lines are good, but they never feel "fleshed out" enough.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree with all of this. It's actually a little frustrating, as the general story lines are good, but they never feel "fleshed out" enough.

The story telling has been getting better since season 1 of clone wars, imho. Episode 1 of bad batch felt like they had enough time to tell the story they wanted to.

I kinda wish they portrayed wrecker like a dull Neanderthal. I like the character and wish he didn’t fulfill the role of comic relief.
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    Feels like Season One of Rebels. First it’s adjusting for a lot of characters with one-shot / “filler” episodes more about the characters, then it can move on to more overarching plots.

Plus this is episode three of, what, fourteen?

Also was that Inferno Squad? This is going to be good.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Feels like Season One of Rebels. First it’s adjusting for a lot of characters with one-shot / “filler” episodes more about the characters, then it can move on to more overarching plots.

Plus this is episode three of, what, fourteen?

Also was that Inferno Squad? This is going to be good.

16 I think
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I was not very excited for this show, but I’m really liking all the lore we’re getting with the exact interactions that lead the change from clones to recruits. I’m not Dave Filoni’s biggest fan, but one thing he does very well is show the tension between two groups. I have a feeling we’re just getting started when it comes to Kamino/Clones vs Troopers of the Storm/Empire.
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if omega is playing the bad batch and is only with them to “gain” their enhancements by siphoning them when they use them and then return to kamino to be cloned making an alpha. Starkiller maybe? Kamino still has the body of a dead Jedi if I’m correct.

What would make more sense is if the kaminoans tried combining Bad Batch’s unique mutations and combining them into one super duper super soldier, aka Omega. Then Omega would be a reference to the ultimate soldier, the last one needed. So she may have been bred to combine all their special traits. 🤷‍♂️

That is also another possibility I thought of. I feel like we would have heard of more "failed" attempts though. Getting it right on the first try doesn't fit for me.

That is also another possibility I thought of. I feel like we would have heard of more "failed" attempts though. Getting it right on the first try doesn't fit for me.

To be fair, how many times do we hear of failed or aberrant clones? From what I’ve heard, up until the Jedi had more of a say with the cloning program, they were destroyed. The bulk of the abnormal seem to come from the force unleashed. I doubt the kaminoans would mention anything less than perfect clones, especially with how much they brag about their clones.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Rebels started out the same way; season 1 was pretty stale - but the way it all eventaully panned out; I have faith in Feloni.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Rebels started out the same way; season 1 was pretty stale - but the way it all eventaully panned out; I have faith in Feloni.

I agree about Feloni.

I guess it just feels off because unlike both CWs and Rebels that didnt have the background already filled in, this one does. So this show starting off slow, but not really helping to build out the characters (other than Omega), just seems odd.

Just want them to pick a lane, build it up like no one watching has any background, or jump off from the background they had and hit the ground running (or at least at a good jog).

But I am patient and not saying it's bad, just that I feel like it's starting off odd.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Introduce the main chars to ppl I think.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Yes it's been helpful to me, since I've not finished Clone Wars yet.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Yes it's been helpful to me, since I've not finished Clone Wars yet.

You should. Season 7 ties in with bad batch.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Odd question perhaps I should know the answer to...

Why does Omega have a British accent? Accents are environmentally learned - except Kaminoans don't have a British accent (especially not the one Omega worked with in the med lab, who I presume was her primary source of interaction).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Why does Omega have a British accent? Accents are environmentally learned - except Kaminoans don't have a British accent (especially not the one Omega worked with in the med lab, who I presume was her primary source of interaction).

None of the closes speak like the Kaminoans either.

To be fair, how many times do we hear of failed or aberrant clones? From what I’ve heard, up until the Jedi had more of a say with the cloning program, they were destroyed. The bulk of the abnormal seem to come from the force unleashed. I doubt the kaminoans would mention anything less than perfect clones, especially with how much they brag about their clones.

This is true, but they kept 99 around to clean, so who knows. I could see a failed Omega still having some good traits. Going to be interesting to see what the big reveal is at the end of the season, or even the mid season.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I thought Omega had an Australian accent. btw I'm British, and sure she does not have the same accent as me. The voice person for Omega is Australian too.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Australian accent, it’s definitely not British
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    I think it’s a New Zealand accent but pretty close to my ear.