Ship team selection as with character

mikak
16 posts Member
Could we please have teams setup with ships as in characters. Have to switch all the time between Malevolence and Negotiator fleets and team selection takes time and while playing in hurry one makes stupid mistakes.

Replies

• Options
    it is getting a bit stupid right, you mean, we have 8 capitals with a 9th on its way and still no sign of a fleet selector.
  • Options
    This is still on Crumb and I's list of QoL asks, but it's likely going to be a while (if it ever comes to fruition). However, we are still working on bringing about other improvements to the game that y'all have been asking about.

Can't go into detail right now, but hopefully in the next few weeks or months, I'll be able to provide more details and/or announcements.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is still on Crumb and I's list of QoL asks, but it's likely going to be a while (if it ever comes to fruition). However, we are still working on bringing about other improvements to the game that y'all have been asking about.

Can't go into detail right now, but hopefully in the next few weeks or months, I'll be able to provide more details and/or announcements.

See he is alive.
    😉
  • BPRDHB
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Doth thy Copy and Paste skills be so very meager, CG?
  • Options
    BPRDHB wrote: »

seriously!!!
    How hard can it be to extend a functionality that already exists in the game in the exact same way to fleets?!?
    No need o change anything.. heck, I don’t even mind if fleets and squads are mixed in together (though that’s not ideal, clearly).
    We really need this!
    I just lost 2 battles because I forgot the exact lineup to use in a specific situation..
    With 5 or 6 different fleets to manage, including 4 fleets for GAC, it’s super annoying not to have some way of saving preferred fleet lineups..
    And it’s not like it would be difficult to do; just do the same thing as for Squads..
    Please!
  • Options
    BPRDHB wrote: »

seriously!!!
    How hard can it be to extend a functionality that already exists in the game in the exact same way to fleets?!?
    No need o change anything.. heck, I don’t even mind if fleets and squads are mixed in together (though that’s not ideal, clearly).
    We really need this!
    I just lost 2 battles because I forgot the exact lineup to use in a specific situation..
    With 5 or 6 different fleets to manage, including 4 fleets for GAC, it’s super annoying not to have some way of saving preferred fleet lineups..
    And it’s not like it would be difficult to do; just do the same thing as for Squads..
    Please!
    I’m not disagreeing that it should be doable, but they can’t just do the same for squads.

Squads have 5 boxes to fill, and there is no real restriction on which character goes in which slot. Other than the leader slot, there’s no in-game difference between which character goes where (I’m a Geo squad placement order sceptic).

Ships have a capital ship slot (which is restricted), 3 starting slots (unrestricted) and then reinforcement slots (the number of which depend on the capital ship chosen). Each of these different slots behave differently and it definitely matters which ships go into each category.

It should be easy to do - but it’s obviously not something they can directly lift from character squads.
  • Options
    A welcome necro, they should rent a second laptop to address this prickly bit of programming.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Please bring this feature to the game. Had to two-shot Executor in GAC because I forgot to add Ebon Hawk as a reinforcement to my Malevolence fleet.