[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• Can't wait for the next GL announcement. If they require r9, many guilds will be destroyed.
  • Can't wait for the next GL announcement. If they require r9, many guilds will be destroyed.

They will and guilds will be destroyed well before that.

They might as well bail now then cause that's a certainty.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    For crying out loud, play. your. own. game.
    Aeromagnifiers aren't the problem.

Other changes are good, but I swear, every single post from CG includes something that they apparently think we should throw a party about, but anyone who's spent 5 minutes on this game can see is not the case (remember kryos were supposed to alleviate the gear crunch? ahahahahahahah)

They dont expect anyone to throw a party, although Doja and Crumb to deserve one.

The changes listed are only phase 1. They are aware there is more to all of this.

They deserve sod all. They're doing nothing positive for the community.

If this is how you feel, then you may little to understanding of what the job is they do.

I run several businesses mate, if I was as obscure as them I wouldn't have any of them still running.
  • 1/0 in TW looks hard for every guild , also if you don't do cpit you need to win 20 TW for 1 R8. it's on, it's good for the long term
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Lol. The devs are largely tone deaf. Relic 9? I don't even have an R8. My Executor unlock is waiting but I refuse to give you anymore money after the stuff you've pulled the last few months and the guild I'm in still can't clear Challenge Pit.

Been playing since day one and have forked over far more money than I ever should have (but by no means a whale).

TW is my least favorite event in the whole game. Please fix Galactic Conquest first. It's a whale of a slog now. And please make R8 mats easier to obtain since 9 is out now.
    Post edited by Jayngo on
  • Overall I feel all these are positive changes so I hope that this does alleviate some of the gear crunch prior to g13. It sounds good on paper, I will withhold full judgement until they're actually implemented. The tw matchmaking changes are also long awaited and needed
  • Overall I approve of this. Though I would like to see some of the heroic rancor gear added to a node.

And if you can fix TW matchmaking why can’t you fix GAC? I’ve been matched against people with 5-6 to my 2 this entire season and likewise for previous seasons.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I present The Sandbagger's Charter...

2cuif7jnfao7.png

And the sandbagger's motivation...

skfqi3q05ewy.png

So @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , one of the best things about TW is that losing is not a big deal in terms of loot. Win-loss ratio is mostly a matter of pride.

With these changes however you are pushing the higher GP guilds to try to sandbag, whether they want to or not, in order to not get left behind relic-wise and you are enabling them to do so. Both of those are bad.
  • What’s the easiest way to breathe life into a dying game mode??? Make it compulsory without making it compulsory… GOOD JOB CG GOOD JOB… hope you can realise my hint of sarcasm there…
  • CG - sorry but R9 based on TW is not, and never will be a good idea.

Actually I can say, that you have killed the game right now.

Many, many people are still playing in this game in a reason to be a part of community, they were playing for years = their's guild. By making this move you have forced pop based players to move to an stronger/tw based guilds, and leaving theirs current one. Medium guilds will die, only "strongest" will remain. This is only a matter of time when this will happen.
  • Things to keep in mind:

This is the first phase of addressing the gear economy, not the final phase.
    The TW MM changes are meant to create more competitive match-ups and discourage sandbagging.

The TW MM changes are meant to create more competitive match-ups and discourage sandbagging.

Being less secretive about the full plan might help...

Is there any word on whether GL numbers will be taken into consideration? ie a guild with 30 won't be matched with one that has 10
  • Ok...I was wrong. It seems as though you do care about F2P people. I will take my crow with some Frank's Red Hot (I put that stuff on everything) and a pinch of salt. This actually makes me feel optimistic about the future of the game. Keep it up!
  • TotalNerd wrote: »
    Ok...I was wrong. It seems as though you do care about F2P people. I will take my crow with some Frank's Red Hot (I put that stuff on everything) and a pinch of salt. This actually makes me feel optimistic about the future of the game. Keep it up!

The Pepper Plant is a good one as well. Very tasty and not too hot.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

This is what makes me suspicious that there is some big evil yet to come

We are still wating for a sorry about Grindquest and some makegood for all the recent bugs that costs us crystals that are not refunded. Instead they punish us with Relic 9 locked behind a guild-kill initiative
  • Gurken wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

Is there any word on whether GL numbers will be taken into consideration? ie a guild with 30 won't be matched with one that has 10

That should get better when the MM counts also the number of players. Especially at guild level, GL numbers correlate well with GP. The problem was that bad because significantly fewer people from the 30 GL guild joined.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    The equal aeromagnifier change is nice in Challenge Pit however, the gear boxes don’t seem to be getting a change to compensate for this.

The higher tier crates would have worse gear than the lower tier crates which is assumed to be because of the additional aeromagnifier gain. However, with them all being equal, players who achieve the higher ranks are now being penalized with worse rewards for doing better in the raid.

The additional GET1/2 is too far little to compensate for the massive discrepancy in gear. I feel like the gear crates of the raid should also be changed now that the aeromagnifiers have gotten equalized.

(Edit; didn’t mean to post this twice ;p)
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • I really hope I am wrong on this but the discrepancy between first and seconding tw may create a bigger sand bagging situation. Bigger guilds may drop down into the 330 million range to ensure they win. People who don’t participate that want to will leave the guild for tw and return for Tb.
  • Turbo87 wrote: »
    I really hope I am wrong on this but the discrepancy between first and seconding tw may create a bigger sand bagging situation. Bigger guilds may drop down into the 330 million range to ensure they win. People who don’t participate that want to will leave the guild for tw and return for Tb.

Yeah, the winner takes it all and after some TW they have such an advantage in R9 they will be almost invincible
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

If the MM algorithm were known to the public, then the concern is it would be easier to exploit. So, we're not gonna elaborate on it more than a high-level view.
  • So, now we have a clear divide between the Whale Guilds and the F2P guilds. I'm not surprised that this has happened. It will actually assist overall by creating a better divide in the Guild GP sizes.

R9 and more exclusive content tied to Guilds? Eh... the Challenge Tier Rancor is *already* a Whale Guild territory anyways. Our 200GP Guild tried and could not even get 40% on Phase 1 without everyone having expended their entire rosters.

I think there is positive information here though, but as someone pointed out, all this new Gear Crunch news ALSO comes with the bad news that CG has scrapped the Relic Abilities and the Vehicle mode.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

If the MM algorithm were known to the public, then the concern is it would be easier to exploit. So, we're not gonna elaborate on it more than a high-level view.

Of course. I was reacting more to the part about the gear economy.
  • Sidious76
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Liking the changes. The relic and gear rewards will help elevate the over guild power and climb the brackets. Hopefully the P2 update is tuned for the mid to end game players
  • Why does relic 8+ have to keep being gated behind needing to be in a high gp guild? With conquest now much harder, my chances of getting these are back to zero. I understand the incentive to try and clear crancor, but for this new tw prize you just get rewarded for being in a certain guild. Not fair in my opinion and continues to hurt our ability to recruit new players to our guild.
  • The TW MM changes are meant to create more competitive match-ups and discourage sandbagging.

Maybe you can't give us all the details, but will the matchmaking weigh the GLs more heavily? If not, unbalanced GLs will create a problem in the overall matchmaking since the non-GL counters have been nerfed. So, I'm not asking for the full details, but some insight into how the matchmaking will be performed ... at least to provide some confidence that the GLs will be more equally matched.

Also, can you provide more details on the number of zones and/or squads needed at the various divisions?

Thanks.

• The GP start is referring to the actual GP of the guild members that sign up for the war correct? So a 300m GP guild would need everyone to sign up for the potential of earning any R9 pieces?
    Yes
This discussion has been closed.