Guilds and Raids - Q&A

Replies

• bboi
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @EA_Jesse
    Hey Jesse I have two questions:
    1. What are the squad sizes in raids?

2. Are we going to be able to borrow an ally from guild-mates?

Thanks in advance!
    -bb0i

Edit: Not sure if I wasnt supposed to put the @, just saw someone else do it. Sorry if its not allowed.
  • i love that raids are a "come and go" as you please style! this is great
  • Does guild member can leave easily?
    Does their guild point also reset?
    the cake is a lie
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    "characters refresh once a day"

does this mean the raids are like Galactic War and you use your entire applicable roster five characters at a time until you run out of characters, or is there a different limit on the attempts each player can make on the raid each day?
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    bboi wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    Hey Jesse I have two questions:
    1. What are the squad sizes in raids?

2. Are we going to be able to borrow an ally from guild-mates?

Thanks in advance!
    -bb0i

Edit: Not sure if I wasnt supposed to put the @, just saw someone else do it. Sorry if its not allowed.

I actually would really like to know if borrowing an ally's character is possible. That actually would change things up quite a bit.
  • Thanks for this more detailed Q&A, it's exactly what the community was asking for!
  • @EA_Jesse

Can individual guild members, say me for instance, buy refreshes to hit it multiple times or does each member only get 1 go?
  • Fade5x
    73 posts Member
    What will the daily activities consist of per day of the week?
  • What will the mechanism be for adding members to a guild roster? Does the guild leader send invites or do potential members apply to the guild? Or both?
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    My hopes were rather low, honestly, but this seems pretty ideal. Unless something is horribly and unexpectedly wrong with it in ways not discussed here, I think it'll be awesome.
  • Well, nice to see my question was answered. I just want to find a middle of the road guild, I don't need TEH UBERZ, as I keep telling my co-workers who play this game, I'm in it for the long haul, as long as I can get something each day, I have plenty of patience. Just let me find a guild where I can get some Tier 3/4 reward level, and I'll be a happy camper, cause I'm mostly FTP, barring the occasional 20 buck purchase every 6 odd weeks for a 8 card pack, and 11 a month to get my 3 weeks of crystals.
  • Leo1
    23 posts Member
    for buy the new gear, the mats reward will be random or we will choise it in guild shipments?
  • This is gonna be sick
    Knights of the Mobile Republic [KotMR]
  • Nice thread @EA_Jesse . The rumors are out there about Gammon ran Guard and Jawa Engineer. What other characters are available? Any that are currently only available in packs maybe? Hint hint??
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    EDIT: Removed the previous post, which in turn meant the quote in this post also needed to be removed. Please stay on topic if you are posting in this thread. Thanks! - EA_Jesse

This is not the time or the place for this.
    Post edited by EA_Jesse on
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Answered another set of questions in the original post. Please note there was one that I do not have the answer for yet, will get it tomorrow when I can ask someone that knows it :)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Awesome, thanks for the info!
  • Who are all the characters in the guild shop? @EA_Jesse
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    This update looks grrreaatttt! I can't wait
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The requirements (number of fights in light or dark side) must be fullfilled in a day or are kept until activation of the raid ?

In the player list, will appear the last time a guild member logged in con permit the activity control ?
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Neat
    Post edited by Khaleesi1221 on
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Answered another set of questions in the original post. Please note there was one that I do not have the answer for yet, will get it tomorrow when I can ask someone that knows it :)

Looking forward to it.

The forum really appreciates communication like this. I look forward to more of the same in the future. :)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • RicoTK
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Thanks for taking the time to do Q & A
  • Thank you very much. I get more excited every day.
    A: The Guild Store will have Shards and Gear that can be purchased with Guild Currency. There will also be Gear rewarded by completing a Raid.

Does that mean that all gear and shards avaiable in the gear shop will be there on a permanent basis, or will gear be rotated in in a simar random fashion like the shard shop?

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Q: Will there be an ingame chat or any other possibility to communicate with guild mates in game?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Q: If 15-20 guild member can take down the Rancor pretty fast, what about the other 30-35, who couldn't participated.. They won't get any reward?
    Q2: Everyone can attack the same time or it will be a "waiting for the battle" system like arena?
  • Should the guards be taken down by each player individually or do they share health just like the rancor boss? I guess it's the former but the confirmation wouldn't hurt
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    I thought originally the idea was that everyone in the guild would receive rewards for full guild activity (killing raid bosses) even if they didn't get to participate? Isn't helping to build up the guild currency to summon the raid boss pretty much participating in the first place? I thought you guys said everyone would get something, but those that contributed would just get more? Now everyone has to actually be able to make raids to get loot?

You do realize this is a mobile game, not an actual MMO right? And that coordinating 50 people from all over the world is incredibly difficult on something like this? Why not just have a baseline prize everyone gets regardless of if they could actually make it or not?

Can you immediately re-start a Rancor raid when the Rancor is killed or is there a cooldown until you can begin a new raid? Is that cooldown based on the start of the raid or from the moment the Rancor is killed, if there is one? Assuming there are cooldowns to starting a new raid, are the different difficulty tiers of the Rancor on separate cooldowns or do they share one cooldown?

Are the Gammorreans shared HP totals too or does each member have to defeat that part of the encounter individually?

Is the door that triggers the Rancor's Topple phase raid-wide or is that triggered individually?

Does the door reset on each phase as you progress or is it one door phase per raid per person?
  • Is it possible to do the raid if you're not in a guild?
  • Thanks for the q & a.
This discussion has been closed.