Captain Phasma

D0SRARE
40 posts Member
edited December 2015
She's too strong clearly needs to be overlooked. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. Please negative comments like " you're too weak " keep to yourself, I've been playing this game since it came out and she's the only character I've come acrossed that needs editing.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    L2P. She's fine. I crush teams with her as leader daily.
  • She's a little too weak for my tastes. She's having a competition with barriss for the biggest girly hits. Lol
  • She's not even top 10.
  • Phasma really only has one good thing, and that's her AoE for the speed decrease. That's it. Her leader ability hardly ever procs and her dmg and health are low.

With that said, 2 days ago I almost lost my match to retake first because of her. She did her AoE at the right time, affected my whole team and I lost 2 characters and almost a 3rd before I even got another turn, and the other team healed back up. Luckily lumi, Barris, and sid was ones left and by luck it was barriss followed by lumi back to back to heal back up. And his 3 jedis ( all the healers ) couldn't hit sid.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    So current update on the nerfscreams:
    Bariss (again), Dooku, DM, Leia, Phasma, Qui gon and Sidious.
    I must have forgotten some or new ones will be posted very soon. It's basicly all the "I didn't get to spend money on this game so for the ones that did, nerf their characters".
    In the meanwhile you don't explain why she needs a nerf, in what composition or what level. Screaming nerf without actually telling us why is considered as invalid by most active forum users.

PS: Leia does seem broken since AI exploiting higher RNG numbers makes no sense when you are facing her.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • For us to really evaluate we need more than some stories from other players. (Not calling anyone a liar, we just have a small data set).

I will agree that the AI leia has some loaded dice, I don't think many will argue there, even still she isn't hard to shut down. I've tested out my leia (4*, gear V) and I definitely don't get that kind of luck.

Dooku and DM die too easily to justify a nerf (speaking only at higher levels) then again maybe they are awesome beyond my 4* DM and Dooku.

Phasma has some great support but beyond the special, hits like a sleeping grandma.

I don't have a starred up QGJ as I just have a lucky drop 3* from somewhere so I don't know how he is once geared. Facing him hasn't been an issue in arena and I only Lost one fight against him and it wasn't due to him. (Hit a great Vader/Sid/lando comp)

And Sidius is easily countered as long as you focus him in the first couple of turns you're fine. Leaving a 7* Sid up past turn 3 is trouble due to the healing debuff.

Most any "nerf scream" could be solved by a few bug fixes. (Ahem, leia)
  • ^This @ Cpt_Dan

Totally agree. Point I like to add is that (confirmed?) AI has better RNG than a real time player. A lot of posts point this out and it's probably to make it a bit harder. Since AI is pretty easy to beat they need something to counter that. If it was real(time) pvp, I'm sure these "handicaps" wouldn't have been taken into acc.
    AI just has no real strategy so you will encounter more "unlucky incidents" than anywhere else.
  • That's also why most nerf scream posts are simply invalid because they boost the RNG numbers slightly. If you nerf based on a handicapped AI team, it's not really valid since you will weaken the toons that "real" players play with in "real"time since they don't have the same "luck" the AI has.
  • Oh lord.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    So current update on the nerfscreams:
    Bariss (again), Dooku, DM, Leia, Phasma, Qui gon and Sidious.
    I must have forgotten some or new ones will be posted very soon. It's basicly all the "I didn't get to spend money on this game so for the ones that did, nerf their characters".
    In the meanwhile you don't explain why she needs a nerf, in what composition or what level. Screaming nerf without actually telling us why is considered as invalid by most active forum users.

PS: Leia does seem broken since AI exploiting higher RNG numbers makes no sense when you are facing her.

We need some more active moderation. Threads like this that have no value need to be just moved to another section less visible soon as they are created. Between all the nerf cries and 6 pages threads with just 2 dudes arguing back and forth about free / pay "strats" this SW forum is a dumpster fire. The quality of posts and usefulness of posts will continue to deteriorate because people that want to talk about strategy or battle tactics, toons, etc. will find this clutter annoying and just stay away. All that will remain will be the posters writing content that isn't beneficial.

Please, any character that is tough for anyone to beat, analyze WHY that toon is defeating your team. Is it their speed (look to focus on future building faster toons)? Is it their special ability (find toons that ability block)? Is it their raw damage kill power (find toons that damage down)? Then you have to put in the work to farm / build that character that is a good counter. As new toons are released or current toons are unlocked / built you will ALWAYS run in to something that you can't beat easily at that particular moment. Just go with it bro - that's the fun. If we could always insta-win everything why the heck play? You have a challenge in front of you, go figure it out.
  • Phasma is the flavour of the week, plenty of weak ones in the wrong teams. But there are a few out in there in the right setups that really work, that doesn't make her op however it just means that some people have done a shocking thING. They learned to play.