Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• nulami wrote: »
    This is the norm for any MMORPG . Doesn't surprise me one bit that it would be the same in this MMOish game. People will continue to grind until they reach their saturation/disinterest point and then they will move on to the next game.

I haven't made 80 yet, so for me, it will just be like the everything was level 85 all along. Characters are going to be stuck in gear 6 - 8 forever with the occasional one getting into gear 9 as I get every component but what I need to improve the gear pieces.
    Ditto

• @Barrok there are new gear tiers to get, just not abilities yet.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @Barrok I'm actually surprised at your stance on the level cap increase. I would think that Ti would be all for it. I know you're only speaking for yourself though and not for all of Ti.

Nothing bad, it just kind of shocked me.

Well, I love level increases normally. i would take em all the time. It allows p2p players to get ahead...

But that is only if their are new abilities they can get, or gear increases they can get. If you can't do either of these, then all you get is a small bump in HP and damage. Heck, I was the first on my arena shard to 80 and I was still getting beaten by people 5 levels lower who didn't have the omega'ed abilities and gear levels I did. 80 - 85 isn't going to separate you at all from the competition.. other than your wallet will be lighter (if you choose to rush it).

Good points all around. You're right, I was harpooning the whales on my arena shard at way lower levels after the protection update when in reality I shouldn't have even been close. I completely see what you're saying.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Barrok there are new gear tiers to get, just not abilities yet.

Are the gear tiers locked behind raid rewards though? Up to this point they weren't always locked. If characters can get to the next level of gear tiers without needing raid gear from the new raid, then I am fine with that.

But, if no one can progress their gear tiers until the raid, then that irks me. Also, if some characters can progress without raid gear, and others can't, then you have other balancing issues. I imagine the protection is going up a ton for the next gear tier, and so that will make a major impact on which characters you want to use.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    UPDATE: for the level cap increase we will not be introducing new tiers of abilities for characters. New tiers of abilities will be added in a future update.

The team has decided that additional balance testing needs to be done before introducing new ranks of abilities.

But then why not just wait until BOTH gears and abilities are ready to raise the cap?

Honestly, this wreaks of "we didn't hit the income numbers we are going for with th the tournament, so we'll push the cap increase...even though it's only half done."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Why don't you just make it 90 or 100 and be done with it.

The revolt would be massive.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    An increase of 5 is digestible. 10+ is not at this level.
  • I just made it to 80 like 2 weeks ago, so I'm kinda like... Guuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh..
  • pac0naut wrote: »

You'd be looking at 20+ million to bring a toon from 80-100, and probably 6 months of exp grinding just to get there.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

You'd be looking at 20+ million to bring a toon from 80-100, and probably 6 months of exp grinding just to get there.

EXACTLY. I think we handle 5. Not sure how long f2p will take to get to 85 though. I remember the 75 to 80 grind was pretty brutal.
  • I bet the new character is jar jar
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Ok I understand that the raids will have different currencies to start them. My question is will the guild shop currency remain the same or will there be two currencies there as well? For example I have 21k guild shop tokens saved up so I can start immediatly on any new characters. Will I be able to use this on new characters or should I just say screw it and spend it all on Dengar and the resistance trooper?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    @Barrok there are new gear tiers to get, just not abilities yet.

Are the gear tiers locked behind raid rewards though? Up to this point they weren't always locked. If characters can get to the next level of gear tiers without needing raid gear from the new raid, then I am fine with that.

But, if no one can progress their gear tiers until the raid, then that irks me. Also, if some characters can progress without raid gear, and others can't, then you have other balancing issues. I imagine the protection is going up a ton for the next gear tier, and so that will make a major impact on which characters you want to use.

Don't worry, we have over 1000 MK8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage that will allow us to equip a few pieces, right?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Maybe old news to some but this is actually the worst thing that any update has brought, ever. You're saying the level cap is increasing STRICTLY so we can grind gear from the new raid? Really? Why??

Nothing new will come for any team comps. No cool Greedo leads, no tricked out Old Bens under QGJ leads...just a gear grind wrapped in (incredibly attractive and fun) paper.

Not cool....
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    My reading is that no new ability tiers will be unlocked, meaning level 9 abilities. I think that the level 8 tier is already unlocked and abilities that can go to lvl 8 at lvl 82 and 84 will be available.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    UPDATE: for the level cap increase we will not be introducing new tiers of abilities for characters. New tiers of abilities will be added in a future update.

The team has decided that additional balance testing needs to be done before introducing new ranks of abilities.

No new "Tiers" for example level 9 abilities.. or none period, like the missing level 8 abilities of half the chars.
  • Most leader and unique abilities will be able to be upgraded. Don't expect ability level 9 for any basic or special till 90
  • I see what you mean, because if you presume the "and" joins abilities with gear to both preface "tiers" that's right. But we had ability tiers unlocked to Omega level. There isn't any more ability tiers. For abilities, they won't get to tier up. If they are maxed at tier 7, they wont get to unlock to tier 8...it all seems to me that we're getting no more ability options, just gear options. Oh the joy!
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Brandonρ wrote: »
    Most leader and unique abilities will be able to be upgraded. Don't expect ability level 9 for any basic or special till 90

Was anyone expecting ability level 9? When ability level 8 is "Omega?"

If this is actually clarified by more than reading comprehension I would love the link. I'm not digging through a mega thread.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I see what you mean, because if you presume the "and" joins abilities with gear to both preface "tiers" that's right. But we had ability tiers unlocked to Omega level. There isn't any more ability tiers. For abilities, they won't get to tier up. If they are maxed at tier 7, they wont get to unlock to tier 8...it all seems to me that we're getting no more ability options, just gear options. Oh the joy!

Dude please re read this....
    Most leader and unique abilities will be able to be upgraded. Don't expect ability level 9 for any basic or special till 90

• StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    I see what you mean, because if you presume the "and" joins abilities with gear to both preface "tiers" that's right. But we had ability tiers unlocked to Omega level. There isn't any more ability tiers. For abilities, they won't get to tier up. If they are maxed at tier 7, they wont get to unlock to tier 8...it all seems to me that we're getting no more ability options, just gear options. Oh the joy!

Dude please re read this....

You all are in the camp reading: "There will be no tier 9 abilities."

Who has ever believed there to be tier 9 abilities? No information that I have seen suggests such a thing. We do believe some abilities stuck at tier 7 will be able to reach tier 8 once level of character allows it.

If the "misunderstanding" of the original message was that it made it seem that there would be tier 9 abilities, then striking out that part of the message makes sense. As someone who did not assume it meant tier 9 abilities, but that we would reach the levels to unlock tier 8 abilities, this striking out means something completely different.

Perhaps actual clarification on the meaning, not just suggestions on how to read into the sentence, would be nice?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    i hope its General Kenobi having synergies to Ani just like Siegfried and Roy (Aka Wiggs) have.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    i hope its General Kenobi having synergies to Ani just like Siegfried and Roy (Aka Wiggs) have.

AND QGJ
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »

I don't think the meta can survive Anakin being upgraded any more
    RNGesus, PLEASE tell me they fixed guild hopping. If not, this is going to be exploite, errrrrrrrr, WAI to the highest degree.

In the latest RFT podcast EA Jesse said this would be fixed. Period.
    RNGesus, PLEASE tell me they fixed guild hopping. If not, this is going to be exploite, errrrrrrrr, WAI to the highest degree.

In the latest RFT podcast EA Jesse said this would be fixed. Period.

True story, it will be fixed. Once I have the final details on how this will be prevented I'll share them on the forums.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Not quite true OP. In the latest RFT podcast EA Jesse indicated that there would be plenty of increases in the currently question-marked gear slots--that is, more toons able to reach gear 11 and maybe some to gear 12 (?!). The new raid gear required for these currently locked gear slots will enhance existing abilities (and maybe even add new ones?) ... and perhaps change up the entire meta landscape, such as by making Sidious relevant again with much greater potency (Jesse's own words!)
  • have you guys even looked how many purples some of these new gear will take i want to cry
This discussion has been closed.