Ships Preview Post - UPDATED 11/17/2016 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Thank you for this great update :blush:
    where is darth jar jar?
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Because it is the Episode VII version of the Millennium Falcon

Will we get a version of the Falcon from Episodes IV-VI with Han and Chewie as the pilots? @EA_Jesse
  • Nikkalise wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Will we get a version of the Falcon from Episodes IV-VI with Han and Chewie as the pilots? @EA_Jesse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Are you guys really certain you want to do this the day before thanksgiving? I mean, I am excited to have this new content, but what if it doesn't go perfectly?
  • Wootus
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Starfox wrote: »
    I want an A-Wing and a B-Wing and a Y-Wing and and and...

Me too!

And a TIE Interceptor and TIE bomber!

I'm sure in time they will be available
  • any chance to get kotor ships?
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Are you guys really certain you want to do this the day before thanksgiving? I mean, I am excited to have this new content, but what if it doesn't go perfectly?

"For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally ...." (fingers-crossed it goes well)
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Really why Rey and Finn for the Millennium Falcon when we have all been grinding for Han Solo and those of us that still use Chewbacca even though Royal Guard and many other tanks make more sense.
  • Jashmyster wrote: »
    Really why Rey and Finn for the Millennium Falcon when we have all been grinding for Han Solo and those of us that still use Chewbacca even though Royal Guard and many other tanks make more sense.

it's the episode 7 falcon, with the new satellite dish

Pure F2P at heart
  • Do the mods carried by the character in a ship impact the ships performance or just the gear/star level @EA_Jesse.

Thanks.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Will the characters gear/star level have any impact on ship battles, or just the ship?

A characters gear/star level will have an impact on how powerful the ship is in battle. The more powerful your crew, the more powerful your ship.

Hi Jesse:

Thanks for the sweet update! Really excited for ships; it looks like refreshing new content for the game and well tied into the SW universe.

Question regarding how to level up the ships. You mentioned that gear/star level will impact a ship's power level. What about mods?

Also, do ships have explicit synergies (rebels, scoundrels, empire, etc.), like characters in ground combat also have synergies?

Let us know what you can. Thanks!
  • I'm surprised that thing still flies after all those years on that sand planet, is it really going to be more then just a bucket of bolts or even battle worthy without it's original crew?
  • What currency will ships use ? Apologies if I missed it in the original post.
  • medetec wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

We'll be happy to wait, I promise. :3

Wendsday is right before a weekend? You must have an amazing job xD

She said holiday weekend... Thursday is thanksgiving... So offices will be closed until monday

Yeah but for the rest of the world there is no thanksgiving ;) or do you belive thers only life in the Us?
  • @EA_Jesse

Is Ships going to be single player thing or will it involves guild stuff also?
  • JarDorK wrote: »
    Jashmyster wrote: »
    Really why Rey and Finn for the Millennium Falcon when we have all been grinding for Han Solo and those of us that still use Chewbacca even though Royal Guard and many other tanks make more sense.

it's the episode 7 falcon, with the new satellite dish

Also it's "Clone Wars" Chewbacca. Probably not a member of the Millenium Falcon crew yet at that point.
  • RedStormRising2
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Nikkalise wrote: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where did you get that crazy awesome logo we haven't ever seen that is super suspicious?? Man big recruitment problems.

Thanks for ships looks awesome EA and CG. Love me my geonosian sun fac piloting his maxed ship. Rex is happy too.

• Was just wondering if there will be any specials on crystals in the near future with all of this new content.
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited November 2016
    For those asking, mods on a character will affect the power of a ship. If you progress the power of your character it will affect the power of the ship as well, so you'll want your characters to be as powerful as they can be!

As for all the other details, don't worry, we'll be posting some VERY long update notes next week to coincide with the Ships release that will explain a lot more than I can in these short answers :)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • I was kinda hoping to see Kylo or Luke get their own ships (or you know maybe Anakin, the best pilot in the galaxy), but GS, SF, and Geo Spy get their own...are they using their wings to fly or what?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping to see Kylo or Luke get their own ships (or you know maybe Anakin, the best pilot in the galaxy), but GS, SF, and Geo Spy get their own...are they using their wings to fly or what?

Did you actually read the entire update? Almost every character will be crew or pilot of an assigned ship
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • sf had a ship... but he was killed before using it

Pure F2P at heart
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Sun fac and rex shards is all i read between the lines and i love it

Yes, i know thats not in the text. I just want it that bad.
    Post edited by Jamm on
  • Jamm wrote: »
    Sun fac and rex shards is all i read between the lines and i love it

I do believe we only get shards for the 5 pilots and 3 fleet commanders in the tutorial. Sun Fac and Rex aren't included, so they're still p2p
  • Umbaran Starfighter and Fives... **** he used this ship by accident in one (ONE!) Clone Wars episode!
    Same with Mace Windu - young (!) Boba Fett destroyed (!!) Endurance in two episodes if I remember correctly, and now Mace Windu is a fleet commander? Of what, a ship that can be destroyed by a kid? Ridiculous.

And all these Geonosians there... Sun Fac, GSoldier and GSpy, everyone with his own ship? Why, what for? Why do you love Geonosians that much there, I don't get it... Sun Fac got killed in "Republic Commando" game just after reaching his ship, so he was a pilot for a few seconds, just saying...

Seriously, any fan would do better with commanders and pilots... I'm sad, really sad now.
  • /spoiler Actually if u remember fives,jesse and hardcase mastered it in a few and destroyed the separatist support ship with hardcase sacrifice
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Restored balance in the force needs to be.
    Only 7 pilots and 1 admiral dark side has.
    12 pilots and 2 admirals light side boasts.
    Just as always this is.
  • @EA_Jesse any chance that more fleet admirals will be added?grievous perhaps?
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Who will be our arena opponent from ships? Our server mates or new players?
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Who will be our arena opponent from ships? Our server mates or new players?

most likly same server

Pure F2P at heart
This discussion has been closed.