New Characters: The Father, The Son, The Daughter

CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited March 2018
This idea popped into my head, and I thought it was pretty cool. Here's how CG can add The Father, The Son, and The Daughter.
(if you don't know who they are - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones)
Design 2 different events, one for The Son, and one for The Daughter. Long ones, that take a while to complete.
Each guild can only choose ONE to start with. They have to choose as a guild whether they want to unlock The Son first, or The Daughter. It's not necessarily a team event (though maybe it could be), in my mind it was more like an individual event, but in the guild section..
After a couple months, or however long the guild events last (emphasis on them taking a while), they can start the other event.
Finally, when both The Son, and The Daughter have been unlocked, you can use them to unlock The Father.
There would be special bonuses for using GK, JKA, and Ashoka.
Everyone would unlock The Father roughly around the same time (they could curb the difficulty so higher end guilds can complete the events faster).
Everyone unlocks at 7*. That way, if people want to guild hop and play both events, they can do so, but then they won't unlock as fast. So, if unlocking The Son/Daughter take 2 months each, a guild hopper could unlock both The Son/Daughter at the same time, but it would take them 4 months, whereas a someone who only played one of the events at a time would have The Son/Daughter in 2 months, and the other in another 2 months.
So yeah, there's my idea. Whaddya think?
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Options
    I think these 3 should have been the raid bosses this time
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    I think these 3 should have been the raid bosses this time

They’re playing an integral part in Rebels so we may see them soon?

• Options
    Please no. It didnt make sense in cw.
    Other than being mythic holy trinity like characters, they have no significance in sw at all.
    And they die anyways
    (except they are worshipped by both jedi and sith).
    The game is called "Galaxy of Heroes" not "Galaxy of gods"
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Other than being mythic holy trinity like characters, they have no significance in sw at all.
    And they die anyways

Read Traya's description. She's a god! ;)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    This idea popped into my head, and I thought it was pretty cool. Here's how CG can add The Father, The Son, and The Daughter.
    Design 2 different events, one for The Son, and one for The Daughter. Long ones, that take a while to complete.
    Each guild can only choose ONE to start with. They have to choose as a guild whether they want to unlock The Son first, or The Daughter. It's not necessarily a team event (though maybe it could be), in my mind it was more like an individual event, but in the guild section..
    After a couple months, or however long the guild events last (emphasis on them taking a while), they can start the other event.
    Finally, when both The Son, and The Daughter have been unlocked, you can use them to unlock The Father.
    Everyone would unlock The Father roughly around the same time (they could curb the difficulty so higher end guilds can complete the events faster).
    Everyone unlocks at 7*. That way, if people want to guild hop and play both events, they can do so, but then they won't unlock as fast. So, if unlocking The Son/Daughter take 2 months each, a guild hopper could unlock both The Son/Daughter at the same time, but it would take them 4 months, whereas a someone who only played one of the events at a time would have The Son/Daughter in 2 months, and the other in another 2 months.

Well thought out idea, but I would hate if they ever brought those characters into this game. My personal opinion only, but that story arc is one of the most unnecessary parts of the entire Star Wars universe. I really liked the Clone Wars show but this section was right up there with midichlorians and Jar Jar Binks for me. Sucks that Darth Bane and the Old Republic technically aren't canon but this convoluted story arc is.
  • Options
    And they die anyways

Read Traya's description. She's a god! ;)

Correction:
    She[Traya] is a godlike [toon].

Not the same... :smile:
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Kidon013 wrote: »

Well thought out idea, but I would hate if they ever brought those characters into this game. My personal opinion only, but that story arc is one of the most unnecessary parts of the entire Star Wars universe. I really liked the Clone Wars show but this section was right up there with midichlorians and Jar Jar Binks for me. Sucks that Darth Bane and the Old Republic technically aren't canon but this convoluted story arc is.

I for one loved the Mortis arc. I usually hate stuff with ambiguous "makes you think" kind of endings because they usually just come across as smug. The Mortis arc actually had a decent conclusion IMO that while raising a bunch of questions without answering pretty much anything, it just seemed natural to the setting. Their appearance in Rebels reinforces their otherworldly qualities while further tying them to the lore.
  • Options
    In order to get the father Anakin should have to defeat the daughter and son at the same time by himself.
  • Lippy
    12 posts Member
    Options
    They represent the light and dark sides of the force not jedi and sith. The jedi want to protect and the sith want to control and destroy
  • Options
    Lippy wrote: »
    They represent the light and dark sides of the force not jedi and sith. The jedi want to protect and the sith want to control and destroy

The sith religion is a version of the jedi. They both use the same force and they both have an idea how the galaxy should be, both wants to create order. They are not oppsoites.
    If you watched the new rebels episodes the "portal temple" connected both jedi and sith temples.
    The conflict between them is that both want to have power, both want to be dominant and both sees itself as the only way to order and peace.
    The instruments are different however.
    The jedi want to "redeem" rather than "destroy" their enemies, while the sith are vica versa.
    IMO, neither of them is good or bad. They are more or less the same. Neither the Republic system nor the Empire system worked properly, so basicly what we have learnt that they both failed.(that is the main issue with the new triology. It should show us an alternative system/idea which is worth to fight for. Currently, well it is not happening.)

The ones are the de facto gods in the sw universe. I and my friends had a really intresting dispute about these episodes in clone wars, what was its purpuse, what was its message, and whether it is only a deist idea and whether it is blasphemious or not.
    I think it is worth to rewach SW and try to analyse the sith and the jedi from a religous or phylosophical point of view.
  • JakeC
    149 posts Member
    Options
    The only issue with this in my eyes is if they are LS or DS, sure you could have the daughter be LS and the son be DS, but then the father has the same issue that Revan has, the father is completely neutral and I feel like the Devs don't want to attach both tags on him, so the only idea I have for the father and/or Revan is have them not have a LS or DS tag and let them only be playable in the raid and arena
  • JakeC
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Also when are they mentioned in rebels? Just wondering since I don't really watch it, but loved the Mortis arc in the clone wars
  • RevanReincarnated
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Darth Bane IS canon tho, he appears in one of the released Season 6 Clone Wars episodes and those are canon, as are the storyboards of other incomplete episodes. Bane is voiced by Mark Hamill no less
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    *some error*
  • Options
    @Kidon013 Bane is canon, he appears in one of the released clone wars season 6 episodes, those are canon. Hes voices by Mark Hamill

(Ive had to type this comment out lord knows how many times now cause it keeps messing up)
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    JakeC wrote: »
    The only issue with this in my eyes is if they are LS or DS, sure you could have the daughter be LS and the son be DS, but then the father has the same issue that Revan has, the father is completely neutral and I feel like the Devs don't want to attach both tags on him, so the only idea I have for the father and/or Revan is have them not have a LS or DS tag and let them only be playable in the raid and arena

Well they supposedly tested out Clone Helmets with Gar Saxon ( @CG_RyDiggs, while you're replying to all our comments, could you PLEASE give us an update on Clone Helmets?) so why not test out dark/light tags with The Father?
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Also when are they mentioned in rebels? Just wondering since I don't really watch it, but loved the Mortis arc in the clone wars

The most recent two episodes.
  • Options

Well they supposedly tested out Clone Helmets with Gar Saxon ( @CG_RyDiggs, while you're replying to all our comments, could you PLEASE give us an update on Clone Helmets?) so why not test out dark/light tags with The Father?
    No. You make a new Tag “Balance Side.” You make another called “Gray Jedi” and give them to ATF and The Father. Logic boi. And you also gotta make Balance Side battles.

• Options
    @Kidon013 Bane is canon, he appears in one of the released clone wars season 6 episodes, those are canon. Hes voices by Mark Hamill

(Ive had to type this comment out lord knows how many times now cause it keeps messing up)

I stand corrected. I still don't like the Father, Son and Daughter characters though lol
  • Options

I thought darth bane was cannon. Wasn’t there an episode in clone wars when yoda talks about him? I vaguely remember it but it’s been a while. Still want dark side Barriss too lol
  • Options
    Would they be human form or beast form?
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Or (the truly indestructible character) the mother/Abeloth. But due to her frightening image (yes, even worse than Sion), I doubt she will ever make it into this game unless they give her her human appearance.
    *Edit: Do not google or wookiepedia her unless you enjoy the occasional nightmare.
  • Options
    Mortus gods??!! They are gods bro.
    You might as well add the Mother from EU and Luke from EU.