C3PO R3

I do not have GAS, Wat or any GL.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The Vader team will take out most of not all Rey comps. Just noticed you don't have Wat. Unsurer948q5e9pzjm.png
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I was so confused when I read the title, now I understand.

Anyway its kind of hard to counter them without Wat because the strategy revolves around giving the BlasTech Weapon mod to Vader and then going all out with MM. So I don't think you currently have a way to counter GLs.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    yeah title scared me for sure lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I fixed it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I fixed it.

And in the process you ruined my (admittedly not great) parroty thread post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I fixed it.

And I'm ok with that.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I fixed it.

And I'm ok with that.

1C2g.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Does what have to be at relic level to make the counter work? Mines only 4 star and only gear 9 with his zeta.
    Keep meaning to gear up more but delayed as first unlocked SLKR now gear JKL toon requirements. If I toon to g11 would counter still work?
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    No, he just needs to have the zeta to go first.. @Richfxxx once he gives the weapon mod over he can die.
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Does what have to be at relic level to make the counter work? Mines only 4 star and only gear 9 with his zeta.
    Keep meaning to gear up more but delayed as first unlocked SLKR now gear JKL toon requirements. If I toon to g11 would counter still work?

I use a 5 star g11 wat all the time to counter Reys in arena. Works just fine. With the right mods you can do it without them dealing any damage.
  • Options
    My personal favorite comp is:

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

With the fear and fracture they seldomly get a turn.

But if they have a wat and gk in the team, I have to take dr out and put in traya for the isolate.
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

But if they have a wat and gk in the team, I have to take dr out and put in traya for the isolate.

You really only lose 1 team with that counter, and I imagine Malak can be used to 1 man a backzone.

That seems like a great counter
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

Only problem for OP is that they don't have Wat.
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

As someone above mentioned without wat, gas, or jedi Luke, there are very few GL counters (none that I know of).

The one I mentioned will work with a 5 star low gear wat if you out the zeta on him. So it may not be super helpful right now but probably one of the easier ones to work towards.
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

You really only lose 1 team with that counter, and I imagine Malak can be used to 1 man a backzone.

That seems like a great counter

I haven't used it in GAC yet since my top 80 gp seems to still be low enough to not face too GLs yet but I'm sure that the time will come. But I get plenty of practice in arena.

If you really pushed it you may be able to get by with leftover sith rather than Darth revan and dark Bastilla but it's probably not worth the risk or the banner loss of they take turns and damage you.
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

In GAC would a palp or Vader lead plus thrawn, wat and shoretrooper (for taunting tank) work against GL Rey?

That way don’t have to break up my DR team?

If not I guess Malak would work in a palp led team?

• Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

In GAC would a palp or Vader lead plus thrawn, wat and shoretrooper (for taunting tank) work against GL Rey?

I've seen people use other empire or sith. As long as you have vader, wat, and thrawn as the core it can work. IPD is popular for the dispel. Traya for the isolate to keep a tank from taunting.

The issue you may run into with full empire is you may get stuck behind a taunt.

The Rey team I see the most is Rey, revan, gas, jedi Luke. And gk. They start with crit resistance which is actually very helpful as it keeps gk from taunting early. But most of the time my fracture move on GL rey sets off his taunt.

On the team I use, my dark Bastilla goes next and he already has fear so her wild lightning clears the taunt and puts shock on him. And he rarely gives me any more trouble. Then vader goes and starts saber throwing everyone. But with revan in there if you can't get around the taunt, jedi luke and gas can start messing you up even with Rey fracured.

Also without the fear, gas and revan will certainly get turns and it definitely won't be a 60 banner win and they may mark vader or stun vader. And that could make it go badly.

With a high potency so, the mass stun may be enough to make up for that. And if you can get a shock on gk early, you may be able to prevent his taunt.

Whether it's worth the risk, probably depends on whether you will need Sith empire to beat another team or not.
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

I've seen people use other empire or sith. As long as you have vader, wat, and thrawn as the core it can work. IPD is popular for the dispel. Traya for the isolate to keep a tank from taunting.

The issue you may run into with full empire is you may get stuck behind a taunt.

The Rey team I see the most is Rey, revan, gas, jedi Luke. And gk. They start with crit resistance which is actually very helpful as it keeps gk from taunting early. But most of the time my fracture move on GL rey sets off his taunt.

On the team I use, my dark Bastilla goes next and he already has fear so her wild lightning clears the taunt and puts shock on him. And he rarely gives me any more trouble. Then vader goes and starts saber throwing everyone. But with revan in there if you can't get around the taunt, jedi luke and gas can start messing you up even with Rey fracured.

Also without the fear, gas and revan will certainly get turns and it definitely won't be a 60 banner win and they may mark vader or stun vader. And that could make it go badly.

With a high potency so, the mass stun may be enough to make up for that. And if you can get a shock on gk early, you may be able to prevent his taunt.

Whether it's worth the risk, probably depends on whether you will need Sith empire to beat another team or not.

Thanks for the info, I’m trying to work out if can maximise my squad usage for GAC, so could keep a DR team, a traya team for geos AND have Vader team for GL Rey counter too. Maybe I’m being greedy or ambitious?
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

Thanks for the info, I’m trying to work out if can maximise my squad usage for GAC, so could keep a DR team, a traya team for geos AND have Vader team for GL Rey counter too. Maybe I’m being greedy or ambitious?

It's not greedy to not want to break up teams.

But if it were me, I'd probably go with the guarentee win rather than the risk to save a team.

Since I only have like 25 relics total, I'm going to assume if I face a GL, that they are likely a newer account that has little else as far as meta characters that require a Darth revan team to beat. So most likely, I would take my chances with other teams.

Even if they have a GL Rey team and a reliced gas team, it would be likely that they would save gas for offense. And worse case, I can at least clear a gas team in two goes with padme and a clean up team so I would still go for the clean win.

I don't see facing a GL and multiple reliced recent metas without having a GL unless you have a lot of bloat.

I haven't faced a GL yet in gac but probably will soon since I'm currently reliving more toons for papa palps.

My planned strategy is to have a counter team ready for each GL until I get papa palps (Already done for GL Rey and I can counter some GL kylos but it depends on mods and team comp) and keep unnecessary relics to a minimum so I don't face whale accounts that have every meta team reliced.
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

But if it were me, I'd probably go with the guarentee win rather than the risk to save a team.

Since I only have like 25 relics total, I'm going to assume if I face a GL, that they are likely a newer account that has little else as far as meta characters that require a Darth revan team to beat. So most likely, I would take my chances with other teams.

Even if they have a GL Rey team and a reliced gas team, it would be likely that they would save gas for offense. And worse case, I can at least clear a gas team in two goes with padme and a clean up team so I would still go for the clean win.

I don't see facing a GL and multiple reliced recent metas without having a GL unless you have a lot of bloat.

I haven't faced a GL yet in gac but probably will soon since I'm currently reliving more toons for papa palps.

My planned strategy is to have a counter team ready for each GL until I get papa palps (Already done for GL Rey and I can counter some GL kylos but it depends on mods and team comp) and keep unnecessary relics to a minimum so I don't face whale accounts that have every meta team reliced.

I’m in division 1 and always face a GL, so having a counter to her would be great.
    I need DR team, traya team too for other teams I face.

You say you want a counter for each GL, what’s your counter for GL Kylo? I have him but save him for offence at moment

• Nateo
    6 posts Member
    Options
    i have used EP, Vader, Thrawn, Moff Gideon and Shoretrooper to beat GL Rey so it’s possible
  • Options

Vader
    Wat
    Thrawn
    Dr
    Dark Bastilla

I’m in division 1 and always face a GL, so having a counter to her would be great.
    I need DR team, traya team too for other teams I face.

You say you want a counter for each GL, what’s your counter for GL Kylo? I have him but save him for offence at moment

Only SLKR counter I have is GAS 5s Chew Han 3PO. What other non GL counters are there? I dont have JKL yet.
  • Options
    It works, no need to go crazy because you couldn't do it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    @Kyno can we close this necro thread?
  • Options
    Ya, had me all excited, too bad they nerfed non GL counters to GLs @Rottguttchrs. That advice was probably great last year. Not so much now.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Not to mention this thread was from before the Vader nerf so anyone who would follow the advice in it (with regards to Vader) probably needs the lesson it surely taught anyway.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • EA_Mako
    2109 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Locking this thread to prevent other necro-posting as it's quite old, thanks folks.
This discussion has been closed.