CC-1119 "Appo"- Kit Idea

Zombefyer
605 posts Member
edited August 2022
Clone Trooper CC-1119, also known as Appo, was a clone trooper officer who served as a Clone Sergeant and later as a Clone Commander in the 501st Legion during the Clone Wars. As a soldier in military service to the Galactic Republic, Appo participated in several major battles fought between the Grand Army of the Republic and the droid armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems—from Umbara at the height of the galactic conflict, to the Republic capital world of Coruscant by the war's end. He was a loyal trooper who obeyed the orders of his commanding officer, conditioned to render unquestioned allegiance to the Republic.

hi4vq0op02sz.jpg

UNIT NAME: CC-1119 "Appo"

RELIC AMPLIFIER: N-20 Baradium-core thermal detonator

ALIGNMENT: Light Side

CLASS: Support

CATEGORIES: Galactic Republic, Clone Trooper, 501st

Loyal Support who follows his team leader's orders without question

Attacks and Abilities

BASIC: Unquestionable Assault

Deal Physical damage to target and Appo and the team leader gain Critical Chance Up and Critical Damage Up for 2 turns. If all allies are 501st, Appo attacks again, dealing 45% less damage.

SPECIAL 1: Squad Formation [Cooldown: 4]

(ZETA) Dispel all Debuffs from target ally and both Appo and that ally gain 2% Turn Meter for each Debuff Dispelled. If the target ally is 501st or another Clone Trooper, they gain a Bonus Turn.

SPECIAL 2: Subdue [Cooldown: 4]

Call all 501st allies to Assist, dealing 40% less damage. If Target Enemy has full health, the Damage Penalty is reduced to 25%. (Raid Bosses and Galactic Legends: 40% less damage)

UNIQUE: Sergeant of the 501st

(OMICRON) Appo has +10% Tenacity, Critical Chance and Critical Damage for each 501st ally. Whenever an enemy evades an attack, Appo grants a random 501st ally Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.

While in Territory Battles: Appo gains 5% Turn Meter each time an enemy evades an attack.
Post edited by Zombefyer on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Better than making up a new one.
  • Options
    It would be cool to have the Arrow marker on his helmet like in Clone Wars. We definitely need Appo in the game and some more 501st Troopers to round them out. ARC Trooper Jesse
    Kix
    Tup
    Hardcase
    Dogma

Have a whole other team or they can switch around under GAS lead
  • Zombefyer
    605 posts Member
    Options
    It would be cool to have the Arrow marker on his helmet like in Clone Wars. We definitely need Appo in the game and some more 501st Troopers to round them out. ARC Trooper Jesse
    Kix
    Tup
    Hardcase
    Dogma

Have a whole other team or they can switch around under GAS lead

There. Changed it to one that has his Appa-style arrow. (A callback to Dave Filoni's time working on 'Avatar: The Last Airbender')
  • Options
    This kit, doesn't really make sense to me. I like the idea but there are several things in it that just don't seem to fit the 501st. At all.

The basic seems nice but there are 2 thins I wonder about. The first is whether he grants the buffs a second time when he attacks again. Because that would be pointless. The second is, why these buffs? The 501st already have a lot of critical chance. GAS already gains +50% critical chance from his unique, and even when he isn't the leader, echo grants all allies +20% Critical chance with his unique. So the critical chance up makes no sense for a 501st team as it's complete overkill. As for the offense up, it's okay. I do wonder if it might not be overkill with GAS's lead, which already grants offense every time the enemy team gains a buff. But other than that it's okay. (Also, the game never uses "Team leader" as a term. It's just the "Leader" or the "allied Leader".)
    For his first special, why does he grant turn meter to the target ally if he can give them a bonus turn anyway? That makes no sense. Also, Rex's zeta and the zeta on GAS's basic is al about reducing cooldowns. So the cooldown reset reduces the value of those 2 by a lot. On it's own this would be fine, but in a 501st team, it clashes with other zeta's quite a bit.
    For the second zeta, why no damage penalty reduction against Raid bosses sand galactic legends? It's not like that would break them or make it really powerful against them. Especially Raid bosses, who are basically never at 100% health anyway.
    And the unique. I don't know if you've noticed, but the 501st are not an evasion heavy team. I mean: GAS has 100% counter chance, rex's lead grants turn meter when they suffer critical hits, fives's lead grants protection over time on a critical hit and he gains turn meter when other allies are damaged. They don't want to evade attack. Yet here is a character who gains benefit in TB when allies evade? It also says the damage penalty increases, but in order to do that there needs to be a base penalty, which there isn't. Also, why does he gain Potency? He has no debuffs?!

On it's own this kit would be okay, say for a few weird things. Within the 501st, this kit makes no sense. It mixes about as well with them as oil mixes with water.
  • Zombefyer
    605 posts Member
    Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    This kit, doesn't really make sense to me. I like the idea but there are several things in it that just don't seem to fit the 501st. At all.

The basic seems nice but there are 2 thins I wonder about. The first is whether he grants the buffs a second time when he attacks again. Because that would be pointless. The second is, why these buffs? The 501st already have a lot of critical chance. GAS already gains +50% critical chance from his unique, and even when he isn't the leader, echo grants all allies +20% Critical chance with his unique. So the critical chance up makes no sense for a 501st team as it's complete overkill. As for the offense up, it's okay. I do wonder if it might not be overkill with GAS's lead, which already grants offense every time the enemy team gains a buff. But other than that it's okay. (Also, the game never uses "Team leader" as a term. It's just the "Leader" or the "allied Leader".)
    For his first special, why does he grant turn meter to the target ally if he can give them a bonus turn anyway? That makes no sense. Also, Rex's zeta and the zeta on GAS's basic is al about reducing cooldowns. So the cooldown reset reduces the value of those 2 by a lot. On it's own this would be fine, but in a 501st team, it clashes with other zeta's quite a bit.
    For the second zeta, why no damage penalty reduction against Raid bosses sand galactic legends? It's not like that would break them or make it really powerful against them. Especially Raid bosses, who are basically never at 100% health anyway.
    And the unique. I don't know if you've noticed, but the 501st are not an evasion heavy team. I mean: GAS has 100% counter chance, rex's lead grants turn meter when they suffer critical hits, fives's lead grants protection over time on a critical hit and he gains turn meter when other allies are damaged. They don't want to evade attack. Yet here is a character who gains benefit in TB when allies evade? It also says the damage penalty increases, but in order to do that there needs to be a base penalty, which there isn't. Also, why does he gain Potency? He has no debuffs?!

On it's own this kit would be okay, say for a few weird things. Within the 501st, this kit makes no sense. It mixes about as well with them as oil mixes with water.

This character would be for a different 501st team, without GAS.
    To go with other characters (that could come) like Kix, Dogma, Hardcase and Tup
  • Options
    Interesting kit but I have to agree with Ichiraikou... many things don't really fit with a 501st team.

He would be a really nice addition if he could give them Crit Damage Up... cause it's a buff they would benefit greatly from AND Echo for example still has the Critical Damage Up synergy on his basic so it would kinda make sense.