Some Simple Ideas That Would Help a Lot

laxkings40
164 posts Member
edited December 2022
I've got a few ideas that won't take away from anything else, and can be profitable for CG while staying entertaining for the player base.

1. Live Gameplay: This would be awesome, and would make the game more of the holo-chess we see in Star Wars. An addition that would make everyone happy and would keep the game interesting and fresh for a while.
2. A sandbox mode: Not much to say here, just would be extremely useful and would please everyone in the player base.
3. Inner-Guild Battles: Think of it like a squad-arena mode, but where you can fight against your guild's member. Besides just being fun, it would be helpful as well as you could give helpful advice to improve their team. Even better if this was addded in tandem with live gameplay.
4. A replay mode: Not only would this be helpful in catching cheaters, but it could also help you improve your strategy and see what your opponent did to beat your team. To clarify, this would be a replay of your opponent's attack on your team, and could be added to any mode.

These are just a few off the top of my head, aren't qol things and would keep the playerbase engaged and exicted. Obviously tho, you could make it like squad arena where there's only a certain amount of free attempts a day for all of them, or make it so there's a universal energy for all of them. Now, I know that some of these have been mentioned before on the forums, this is just meant to bring them back to light. This thread isn't meant for complaining, or getting mad at CG, it's meant for giving plausible solutions that could make the game better considering the fact that CG is a company as well. If you made it this far, thx for reading and any/all constructive ideas are welcome.
Post edited by laxkings40 on

Replies

• Options
    laxkings40 wrote: »
    3. Inner-Guild Battles: Think of it like a squad-arena mode, but where you can fight against your guild's member. Besides just being fun, it would be helpful as well as you could give helpful advice to improve their team. Even better if this was addded in tandem with live gameplay. .

I like this. also, maybe there could be rewards for it. maybe do like arena team tournaments.

1. Live Gameplay: This would be awesome, and would make the game more of the holo-chess we see in Star Wars. An addition that would make everyone happy and would keep the game interesting and fresh for a while..

love this. i would love to play against my friends and actually see their strategy instead of just auto.

Everything else is good too.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Tb units not having an insane ammount of tenacity would be a great starting place

Ten down

Fixed
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well all those ideas aren't simple. It would take a lot to get any of them implemented. In my opinion 1 & 4 would be the biggest undertaking of the last few years.

As for 2 & 3, they're the same thing aren't they?

• yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

depends. inner-guild you would only play ppl in your guild. personally, i would like to play some of my friends/allie’s that aren’t in my guild. also, u would like inner-guild
    to bc something like guild tournaments imo. but that’s just me
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Live PvP sounds awful
  • Options
    Why? r u worried ur strat isn’t as good as somebody else’s? jk
  • Options
    Eh, none of those interest me
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

You took time out of your day just to go and write that none of them interest you? Lol, that was a waste of time.
  • Options
    Well all those ideas aren't simple. It would take a lot to get any of them implemented. In my opinion 1 & 4 would be the biggest undertaking of the last few years.

Simple in terms of concept, not implementation. No new brainstorming behind what to do next, just ideas that present a simple concept unlike devloping something entirely new like a new raid or something. Also, 2 and 3 are similar, but I was just giving things that could be added seperately, not all at the same time.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Live PvP sounds awful

To each their own. I think it would be great, and add a new level to the game. Obviously it wouldn't be competitive, at least for a while. Besides, I doubt you need to worry about any of my ideas ever getting implemented, no one who can get anything done will read this.
  • Options
    Live PvP sounds awful

To each their own. I think it would be great, and add a new level to the game. Obviously it wouldn't be competitive, at least for a while. Besides, I doubt you need to worry about any of my ideas ever getting implemented, no one who can get anything done will read this.

I think that for live PVP it would have to have a join code and that person would have to be like within 20 feet of you. still sounds good to me tho
  • Options
    Live PvP sounds awful

I think that for live PVP it would have to have a join code and that person would have to be like within 20 feet of you. still sounds good to me tho

Yeah that's what I was thinking like, something like that. Not live pvp where you're playing with people across the globe
  • Options

You took time out of your day just to go and write that none of them interest you? Lol, that was a waste of time.

It was not a waste of time. You said the changes would “make everyone happy” and “please everyone”. You mistyped and I was telling you that those “ideas” dont interest me. The waste of time was reading this thread.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Live PvP sounds awful

Yeah that's what I was thinking like, something like that with a join code so it would be more controlled.
  • Options

It was not a waste of time. You said the changes would “make everyone happy” and “please everyone”. You mistyped and I was telling you that those “ideas” dont interest me. The waste of time was reading this thread.

So you're saying you don't want a sandbox mode? Also c'mon, I asked for helpful advice, if this was such a waste of time to read, why'd you take the time to comment? Don't say anything if it's toxic and not contributing
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Disagreement is part of suggesting things.
  • Options

Yes but being toxic and simply saying that this was a waste of time and/or that they don't agree without any reasons, or suggestions for improvements is not.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

That's not being toxic.
  • Options

Yes but being toxic and simply saying that this was a waste of time and/or that they don't agree without any reasons, or suggestions for improvements is not.

Hmmm.
  • Options

Simple in terms of concept, not implementation. No new brainstorming behind what to do next, just ideas that present a simple concept unlike devloping something entirely new like a new raid or something. Also, 2 and 3 are similar, but I was just giving things that could be added seperately, not all at the same time.

Well...........they're all definitely ideas that have been suggested before, probably 100s of times.

How easy or hard each of them are to implement..........well we're guessing a coders job here. The basic concept though is how much time it would take to implement. This costs money and development time away from other things. So 1 of these massive undertakings, could mean 50 easier things wouldn't get done. So CG could go quiet for 6 months, produce very little, take an extreme lot of flack for it, lose some of its customer base and the new concept fails anyway.

Here's some more detailed feedback.

1. So this is a 'Gacha Game'. Gachas tend to come in 2 different battle formats. Card based or Computer RPG combat systems.

The card based systems have a simpler animation sequence and are based off of RL card combat games like MTG. These due to their format do often have a live PvP arena. It's a major part of the game.

However, I don't know of 1 Gacha game with an RPG action character game that has a live PvP. The battles are much shorter, have a very strict timer and 'syncing' would be an absolute nightmare. Implementation I feel would be 'revolutionary' if successful.

In short; if live PvP was the way to go; SWGOH would have to have been a card based game with longer combat battles from the start.

2. One of the big complaints has been 'Why haven't we got a sandbox mode?' GAC is very important to a lot of players, and testing theories and strats is limite. Especially now with omicrons and datacrons, it's actually impossible to test certain things at all.

As I understand it. CG's stance is that the cost of implementation far outweighs the gains. Are they right? Well a lot of players would disagree. However, unless you code for the game, you'll never know.

3. So 3 as a guild GAC tournament maybe? With some sort of joint reward for all members? The guild could have a lot of say in the set up? I love GAC, so I'd be all for something like this.

4. Well, I doubt there's a player that wouldn't want this (well apart from the cheaters). However, again with 1 & 2. Cost and time of implementation vs how much money/interest it would generate. Would this be a reason why you'd stay or spend money or start the game? Vs just paying that intern they tried to employ to hardcore hit cheaters.

It would definitely interest me to a degree. In my more positive periods I'd definitely watch some of the replays. Other times though.........it's a lot of time I probably don't have.

So in conclusion my opinion is:

1. Isn't practical and likely impossible.
    2. CG believe isn't worth the costs (I think).
    3. Possibly falls under 2. However, if an based on something that already exists sounds great.
    4. Is probably the same as 1 & 2. Impractical and not cost effective.
  • Options
    Tb units not having an insane ammount of tenacity would be a great starting place

Ten down

Fixed

Hey, that's a really good idea! Shame they resist tenacity down isn't?

Tenacity down is an unresistable debuff by default
  • Options

That's not being toxic.

The first wasn't. The second comment was. If you're gonna say you don't like something than at least give feedback other than "this was a waste of my time". Look at Harvestmouse's post. That's got good feedback without being rude and is educational.
  • Options

Well...........they're all definitely ideas that have been suggested before, probably 100s of times.

How easy or hard each of them are to implement..........well we're guessing a coders job here. The basic concept though is how much time it would take to implement. This costs money and development time away from other things. So 1 of these massive undertakings, could mean 50 easier things wouldn't get done. So CG could go quiet for 6 months, produce very little, take an extreme lot of flack for it, lose some of its customer base and the new concept fails anyway.

Here's some more detailed feedback.

1. So this is a 'Gacha Game'. Gachas tend to come in 2 different battle formats. Card based or Computer RPG combat systems.

The card based systems have a simpler animation sequence and are based off of RL card combat games like MTG. These due to their format do often have a live PvP arena. It's a major part of the game.

However, I don't know of 1 Gacha game with an RPG action character game that has a live PvP. The battles are much shorter, have a very strict timer and 'syncing' would be an absolute nightmare. Implementation I feel would be 'revolutionary' if successful.

In short; if live PvP was the way to go; SWGOH would have to have been a card based game with longer combat battles from the start.

2. One of the big complaints has been 'Why haven't we got a sandbox mode?' GAC is very important to a lot of players, and testing theories and strats is limite. Especially now with omicrons and datacrons, it's actually impossible to test certain things at all.

As I understand it. CG's stance is that the cost of implementation far outweighs the gains. Are they right? Well a lot of players would disagree. However, unless you code for the game, you'll never know.

3. So 3 as a guild GAC tournament maybe? With some sort of joint reward for all members? The guild could have a lot of say in the set up? I love GAC, so I'd be all for something like this.

4. Well, I doubt there's a player that wouldn't want this (well apart from the cheaters). However, again with 1 & 2. Cost and time of implementation vs how much money/interest it would generate. Would this be a reason why you'd stay or spend money or start the game? Vs just paying that intern they tried to employ to hardcore hit cheaters.

It would definitely interest me to a degree. In my more positive periods I'd definitely watch some of the replays. Other times though.........it's a lot of time I probably don't have.

So in conclusion my opinion is:

1. Isn't practical and likely impossible.
    2. CG believe isn't worth the costs (I think).
    3. Possibly falls under 2. However, if an based on something that already exists sounds great.
    4. Is probably the same as 1 & 2. Impractical and not cost effective.

Yah, I agree with this. Makes sense and a lot of those points are good, I wish that at least 2-3-4 would be implemented, but won't be. Thx for giving solid feedback.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Ten down

Fixed

Hey, that's a really good idea! Shame they resist tenacity down isn't?

It would be a shame if it were true.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

That's not being toxic.

The first wasn't. The second comment was.

You responded to the first comment with this

• Options

That's not being toxic.

The first wasn't. The second comment was.

You responded to the first comment with this

Touche. But, if you're gonna leave a negative comment @LordDirt, leave some helpful and non-rude feedback with it too.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I've got a few ideas that won't take away from anything else, and can be profitable for CG while staying entertaining for the player base.
    Nothing is free, everything takes time and resources both of which are finite.
    1. Live Gameplay: This would be awesome, and would make the game more of the holo-chess we see in Star Wars. An addition that would make everyone happy and would keep the game interesting and fresh for a while.
    Combat resolution happens on the attacker's device vs a defense algorithm. Live player vs player combat would require a major rewrite of both client and server software.
    2. A sandbox mode: Not much to say here, just would be extremely useful and would please everyone in the player base.
    Occasionally requested but never clearly defined much less agreed upon by those who request it. A rabbit hole which would consume considerable development time, invariably leave people unsatisfied and provide no financial upside for CG.
    3. Inner-Guild Battles: Think of it like a squad-arena mode, but where you can fight against your guild's member. Besides just being fun, it would be helpful as well as you could give helpful advice to improve their team. Even better if this was added in tandem with live gameplay.
    Potentially the least work to implement, minus the live gameplay, but would still require new client UI and server code to support and could not proxy for GAC or TW because omicrons are not active in squad arena.
    4. A replay mode: Not only would this be helpful in catching cheaters, but it could also help you improve your strategy and see what your opponent did to beat your team. To clarify, this would be a replay of your opponent's attack on your team, and could be added to any mode.
    Requires detailed logging and a modified combat engine capable of replaying a predetermined event sequence. If CG could implement this it would be best used to automate cheat detection on the server side.