Chromium Packs

Harmonica1138
33 posts Member
edited January 2016
under investigation
Post edited by Harmonica1138 on

Replies

• Options
    This is potentially serious but without visual evidence of the data I can't see how you can prove this once and for all unfortunately.
  • Options
    FLIK87 wrote: »
    This is potentially serious but without visual evidence of the data I can't see how you can prove this once and for all unfortunately.

The problem being that previously it was assumed that the visual glitch was related to the not receiving the shards. What my results show, is this is not the case. Plus, up until I did this, I wouldn't have been tracking all characters, but just looking at duplicates. It is also part of the reason I put in a sort of disclaimer about what I did and didn't do.

Secondly, with disaster recovery messures, CG should be able to look at what my totals were before, and what they are now. As well as, one would think they should be able to track what gamers are purchasing as well.

But I agree, a video would be the best. Screenshots less so as manipulation can occur. However, I would like to believe that they had the foresight to implement such standard technology that can track these sort of things.
  • Options
    This is a very serious issue, imo top priority (even ahead of buffing that BMF Windu) but one thing I have to add, thus I'm quoting something.:
    Let us go over some numbers first.

Out of 70 characters (71 with Vader) I received shards for 39 of these characters. Which is 55.7% of characters received something out of a total of 96 chromium packs (12 purchases of the 8x).
    Not all toons are available in the Chromiums. All are available in Bronziums but not in Chromiums. I don't feel like typing out who exactly is exclusive to Arena/GW/PvP... but you get the point. Writing this because some will get a different idea/interpretation of the percentage regarding this.

Now to FLIK87
    FLIK87 wrote: »
    There are many recorded screenshots (perhaps some videos on youtube? idk) and the CS itself acknowledging the issue. So... it is a confirmed thing. The part that is bothering (and I think the main intention of the OP to show the importance of this issue) is that the CS handles tickets with RNG itself. Some will get compensation, some not. Thus, this is a high priority issue to be fixed because... CS.
  • Options
    @Dino Thanks for the heads up on who can and can't be pulled. I will do some further research on those numbers and update my post.
  • Options

People will need to express their concern with their wallets, if this is true (BTW, I am by no means questioning the test). If people continue to buy Chromium packs even with this flaw, it gives little sense of urgency for CG to act upon this issue - which has been there since the launch? That's almost two months of... cheating. :/

But Flik is right. Such serious claim won't go far without visual evidence...
  • Options
    Well, i rolled some chromium packs early on and got only 12 shards for a character. Ultimately, capital games losing money cause many of us get crap from chrome packs and wont spend money to get more crystals to buy chrom packs.
  • Options
    Hi Harmonica1138.
    According to your spreadsheet I'm almost certain that amount of obtained shards is displayed incorrectly for some "valuable" characters (who don't available from maps, tables, etc).
    Let's look:
    Ayala - 3 times, 12 shards per time, actually 30 shards (10 per time).
    Cad - 5 times (except 2 times with full toon obtained, 25 shards each), 12 shards per time, actually 50 shards (10 per time).
    Kit - same as Ayala.
    Leia - 2 times, 12 shards per time, actually 20 shards (10 per time).
    Qui-Gon - same as Leia (do you pull two full characters in 8th pack, as I understand?).

Only one thing I can't explain - strange 5-shards difference for Nightsister Initiate.
  • Options
    Welp. I'm not buying packs anymore :(
  • Options
    It's not just happening on chromium pack either. Purchased three (3) both rebel scout from cantina for 1200 points in a week. They are suppose to give 5 shards each. Ended up now with a total of six(6) shard. They are actually being issued in (2)s instead of (5) fives