Tired of the same ****...

So does every battle need a Sid? Does every battle need a dooku/phasma? The answer is no. If something is used all the time it means it's too strong. It's not a meta, and it's not that other characters are too weak. These specific characters are the definition of op. Not broken, op.

Sid has ridiculous anti-Jedi capabilities which, as you stated, was because it made more sense for sidious to be powerful against jedi since he was tricking them the entire time and was actually sith while he was chancellor. But 35%? I've faced enough sids to know that that 35% is ****. 35% seems more likely to be the percentage of hitting him with a Jedi rather than the dodge chance. I don't care if the next update has a powerhouse of anti-sith. This is where we are right now, and this is not balanced. Everyone runs a Jedi or 2 because everyone wants a healer. Why must someone be punished because they want to be able to live long enough to maybe win a fight? Well don't worry because Sid takes care of your problem. You want to heal, too bad, here's a heal immunity for you for more than 1 turn. More than 1 turn? I could deal with 1 turn but 3? 3 goddamn turns?!? Come the **** on! Other than those specific things he's perfectly fine but **** does he need changed a bit.

Now dooku/phasma are another devil entirely. Now dooku, I don't really have a problem, he's just annoying. However, phasma is the biggest ****. This **** gives allies a 14% chance to assist. 14%? Or 75%? Every time I see this character I cringe. Everyone always gets an assist when I fight against her as leader. If they were FO I would understand, they at least have a 30+% chance but no, it's always Sid or lumi or Luke that somehow continuously get assists. Seriously just change it to only FO or lower the chance even more and give FO a bigger bonus because once again it's just too **** strong.

Nothing matters if it happens later. What does matter is what is happening right now and right now is not a good sign for the future.

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is not very strong. He is easy to farm to 7*.

If you had Leia, FOTP, or Qi Gon Jin in arena shipments, you would see a lot less Sids
  • Options
    Firstly, I agree with you about Sidious being over used, I've been whining about this for weeks.

Secondly, you're straight up wrong about Sidious' dodging.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5817/sidious-and-his-crazy-dodge-rating/p1

Also, using '****' doesn't make your point any more or less valid. If you create a thread based on a reasonable, well though out debate then you will get reasonable, well thought out responses.

I'll be testing Phasma as soon as I have the time in GW and she is the leader. So stay tuned for the statistics to back up what I'll state now, Phasma's leadership ability does not proc more than the description states.*

* +/- the error in my experiment.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    P.S. Phasma's passive ability goes up to 16% at level 5 and 18% at level 6 (level 62 required). So if you're at a low level it's only going to get harder.
    :smiley:
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
  • Options
    ****, I totally agree. I decided to make a Jedi-team composition because I got Barriss Offee from bronzium card (yes, I was lucky) and I have 5 jedi now. But, everytime I am aganist Sid I lose. No matter is that Sid is low lever or not, he can just avoid 2/5 of my spells, and debuff my team with heal immunity.
    It is just lame, because sith have no counters.
    I agree about the fact that sith can counter jedi, but even jedi should counter sith. It would be a good idea to make both countered by each other.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sid is everywhere. This is true. He's got a very impressive set up of skills. Most of the time, dropping the opponent's Sid is the first priority.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, Sidious was the strongest Sith of his era and it is reasonable that his strength is reflected in his character. On the other hand, it just gets old facing Sid all the time when there are so many other characters available. I'd consider if perhaps his presence should slightly weaken the team he is in, to compensate for his own strength. It would go well with his treacherous character, and provide players with a clear choice. A strong character, at the cost of the team.

All it would take would be a slight adjustment of his unique skill Sadistic Glee, so it also hurts allies. Just a little. But enough to force people to give it some thought.

Because right now, it really doesn't make any sense at all to not choose Sid in a team. Unless you have a very well synergized and balanced group.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Because right now, it really doesn't make any sense at all to not choose Sid in a team. Unless you have a very well synergized and balanced group.

Or you're just a stubborn, special snowflake who wants to be a non-conformist. Like me.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I can relate to that. :) I only unlocked Sid yesterday. And only because I felt I want to try out a Sith Evasion team.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I use droids, and don't use Sid.
    Máster Yoda said it himself.
    The Dark Side of the force is not more powerful. Quicker, Easier, more seductive perhaps. But not more powerful.
  • Options
    There are ways to beat all of these characters stated.

I used to feel the same way as you did about these people....

Just deal with it and learn or change your tactics instead of moaning

A more intelegent post would be "how do I beat these fools as I'm getting frustrated"
  • Options
    To address the OPs point, the reason you see Sid (and also Lumi/Phasma) isn't that they are inherently more powerful, its that they stand out as the best first choice to get from Arena/GW and its sooooo much faster to get Arena/GW characters than any others.

I agree its boring to see the same characters over and over again (whilst having Sid and Lumi in my team) but until I can star/gear up a better synergised team it will be hard to replace them.

• Options
    sc7606 wrote: »
    To address the OPs point, the reason you see Sid (and also Lumi/Phasma) isn't that they are inherently more powerful, its that they stand out as the best first choice to get from Arena/GW and its sooooo much faster to get Arena/GW characters than any others.

I agree its boring to see the same characters over and over again (whilst having Sid and Lumi in my team) but until I can star/gear up a better synergised team it will be hard to replace them.

I second this. If Old Ben and QGJ were easily farmable instead of Sid and Phasma then all the teams would include those toons instead. Most people don't want to spend the money to acquire the toons that would bring more diversity to the game.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I think the reason a few characters are seen everywhere is literally because they're seen everywhere.

Building a new character from the start is a daunting task. It takes weeks. Nobody wants to experiment on those premises. What if you spend all that time only to figure out Plo Koon sucks? (He does, btw) Much better then to use what everybody else is using.

Which means we don't often get to see the strengths of a lot of other FTP available toons. People go for the named characters. They're from the movies so they should be something special, right? Not just an anonymous FO Stormtrooper or Nightsister Acolyte.

One way to counter this could be to have the devs put together a few squads of uncommon characters in a certain challenge mode. Let us as players see what those toons are actually capable of together, when set up in one of the synergies that the devs themselves envisioned.

Apparently, they were going for a broad and varied game where there would be a niche for all characters. I don't think they had anticipated the Sid/Luminara dynasty we're presently in.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Not just an anonymous FO Stormtrooper or Nightsister Acolyte..

I'm actually hard farming FOST now (I think he has great potential), but the bottom line is that hard farming shards is a terrible use of energy and time. So Any characters that are hard farm or p2p only will just be seen less often. As the game goes on and more people have unlocked / leveled these harder to farm players, we may see more diversity.

It also wouldn't hurt if the toons available in the shipments rotated, so that more toons were more easily farmable.
  • Options
    Sorry about making this post a little too ranty. It was very late into the morning , around 3am, and I had just gone through a hellish 5 arena fights where it was just Sid and phasma and literally I wanted to throw my phone at how many unlucky chances with those percentages I got. I know that they are low percentages but when they happen so often it feels like you didn't lose because of bad play, you lost because of an unfair matchup. But trust me, I do know the weaknesses and I do know how to beat them, it's just a matter of them needing slight changes to something in their kit because right now it's just too useful to use them.
  • Options
    I share your frustration, it is quite annoying and tiresome seeing Sid so much in pvp and GW, I must be one of the few people in the game who is trying to avoid getting him.
  • Options
    sc7606 wrote: »

This is the real truth...
  • Options
    I think the percentage rates in the arena and GW are boosted to make up for the lacklustre AI. I know for a fact my toons don't get near the amount of criticals, extra attacks, evades/deflects/resists the opponent does.
  • Options
    Like others have mentioned, there are lots of characters just as good or even better not just as easily available so thereof you(we) are going to see him everywhere.

No nerf needed. Don't touch my Sid! ;)