Most Under-Rated Opportunity to Dominate

Darthisthenight
386 posts Member
edited October 2016
This came up in another thread but I really think the point deserves it's own discussion:

*** This is a thread that is fundamentally about player development, not guilds. I'm not soliciting for my guild. That's not my job and it's full anyway. So please don't move this thread.***

If you are level 60 or higher and you are not in an extremely active T7 guild you are missing out on a huge opportunity to build your game.

Many players probably don't care and that's fine, I'm specifically looking at players who want an edge. I'm even more specifically looking at F2P players frustrated by the edge P2P guys have or those frustrated because they're getting owned by the new (insert flavor of the day here) meta.

Nothing changed my game more than 7*ing little old Lumi and joining a T7 - raids every other day - get your 600 in every day or you're fired - guild when I hit level 60. No amount of cash spent in game, no clutch mod find, no perfectly protected Lando smashing fools like a semi. Nothing.

Why?
- Lowest tier payout for a T7 raid is 200K credits and 640 guild coins plus gear. That's 700K credits and 2240 guild coins a week. Every week. For free.

- Access to more experienced players on out of game chats. This has made the game immeasurably more fun for me and my questions get better answers than if I had posted in the forums.

But the biggest factor has been FOCUS:
- Budget is irrelevant if you're not consistently starring and gearing toons all the way up based on your own chosen strategy. But it's easy to jump around from project to project and end up with squad full of underdeveloped toons.

Wanting to post more raid damage in T7 raids has given me the discipline to do this with my roster. Slowly, methodically taking them toon by toon all the way up to 7* GL 9 (currently level 74 so that's as high as I can get for now).

The benefits of this discipline over time have been way bigger than just better raid payouts.

I went from cracking my shard's top 10 to owning at least second uncontested and getting first 2-3 times a week.

I don't read threads on here about trouble in GW because I just can't relate. It's a cake walk with my roster at this point.

I could go on but you get the point.

So before you complain about other players having an unfair advantage because of whatever (money, Wiggs, a hotter wife, etc. ...) at least do everything you can to up your game first.

And if you're not in an elite T7 guild that's probably your next step.
Post edited by Darthisthenight on

Replies

• Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Whales pay for f2p so they deserve to have an edge. +1
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    +1

F2P all the way since december.
    Started off in a t4 guild (it had a cool guild name) lingered there for months, sitting in the 50-100 range in arena.
    Guild refused to go man up, recruit and move up to higher tiers.
    I left, joined a good(top 100) T7 guild. Started moving up, consistantly stayed in the top 50.
    Joined an even better guild, moved up even more, earned gear faster, now in the top 20 consistantly.

The gear is one thing, but the knowledge base is even better.
    If you are not in a T7 guild and you have 7 star toons, you are doing yourself a disservice and you will never keep up in arena. If that is your goal.

• Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    I had more fun playing in a guild I helped a lot growing and where I was one of the most important players when we finally made it to t7 raids.
    I think the sweet point is in the middle, where your guild is not dragging too much you back behind, nor you are just leeching from the guild for easy resources.
  • Options
    So before you complain about other players having an unfair advantage because of whatever (money, Wiggs, a hotter wife, etc. ...) at least do everything you can to up your game first..

It's not fair! My friend has a hotter wife!!!!
  • Options
    It's good for an alt you just want to get to the endgame w different toons but you miss out on a lot of the fun part of the game.

Tackling a raid mid level where you actively contribute is probably the most fun part of the game.
  • Options
    It's good for an alt you just want to get to the endgame w different toons but you miss out on a lot of the fun part of the game.

Tackling a raid mid level where you actively contribute is probably the most fun part of the game.

Good point. A middle step for a lot of people is probably smart.
  • Options
    my guild are borderline t7... we have grown this together from a t4 guild at the start. we all ended up together Purley by chance in original guild. till that guild leader stopped playing then 20 of us split and formed wompa stompaz. and we have grown consistently since.

as I say we are now just on the cusp of tier 7 and I am so pleased that as a group we have all done this together getting to know and supporting each other. I would rather that than have been jumping around t7 guilds just to get extra resources.

but I take your point I could have been a decent player in a decent level guild. and advanced my toons a lot more.

glad I stayed with wompa stompaz though !